PDA

View Full Version : Starting a franchise do you take 1984 Jordan or 2003 LeBron to be ur first pick ever

NBAplayoffs2001
07-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Chr

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Come on. LeBron is my 2nd all-time pick though.

Beastmode88
07-01-2014, 11:56 PM
probably jordan he wouldn't leave my franchise

tgan3
07-01-2014, 11:58 PM
1984 jordan easily

Done_And_Done
07-01-2014, 11:59 PM
I'll take the greatest player to have ever played the game at this point. Not a slight against Lebron who is amazing in his own right but you're essentially pinning him against the GOAT here.

Akrazotile
07-02-2014, 12:01 AM
probably jordan he wouldn't leave my franchise

Except to retire during his prime, right?

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 12:02 AM
I can find Scottie Pippen types even in the current league to pair up with Mike: Paul George, K. Leonard, Iguodala. With LeBron, guy struggled to win 2 rings in 4 years with one of the 5 best SGs ever, and an elite stretch PF. He's still my second pick doe.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 12:02 AM

Yeah because living out your best friend's dream of attempting baseball in honor of him shows a lack of character while d!ckriding to championships isn't.

Beastmode88
07-02-2014, 12:04 AM

and he came back to win 3 more rings. lol. bran just straight out left. when mj went to the wizards he gave up his salary to 9/11 victims. he could of easily colluded with kobe, shaq, and phil for more rings. but that's not mj, he wants to play against his competition not to team up with them. why play an easy game? wheres the challenge?

SouBeachTalents
07-02-2014, 12:06 AM
and he came back to win 3 more rings. lol. bran just straight out left. when mj went to the wizards he gave up his salary to 9/11 victims. he could of easily colluded with kobe, shaq, and phil for more rings. but that's not mj, he wants to play against his competition not to team up with them. why play an easy game? wheres the challenge?

Lol @ the thought of Jordan ever doing that

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 12:07 AM

Only LeBron is beta enough for that.

Just2McFly
07-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Shaq>>>

Beastmode88
07-02-2014, 12:09 AM

i said he could of probably but MJ embraced winning his way as an alpha. he said it best in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcuUgFxn0k

dubeta
07-02-2014, 12:09 AM
considering Jordan doesnt have the drive to succeed since he quit to play baseball, and when you consider jordans inflated stats due to fast pace, obviously LeBron

With Jordan you still need a Pippen

LeBron is like both combined so you can do more with less

SouBeachTalents
07-02-2014, 12:10 AM
i said he could of probably but MJ embraced winning his way as an alpha. he said it best in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcuUgFxn0k

Lol, I wasn't saying you implied he would, I just found it hilarious to even think about that scenario, Jordan would never even THINK about doing that

Beastmode88
07-02-2014, 12:11 AM
considering Jordan doesnt have the drive to succeed since he quit to play baseball, and when you consider jordans inflated stats due to fast pace, obviously LeBron

where was his jordan 4th quarter performance in 2011?

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 12:13 AM

If I was a mod you would have been banned by now. :coleman:
None of this even makes sense whatsoever.
LeBron doesn't have the aesthetic beauty of the game or Pippen's defense, he's so overrated in that sense.
Try to be Jordan and drive into the paint against the Bad Boy Pistons. How about dropping 69 points/18 rebounds in a 3 game sweep of the Cavs that were projected to beat you. You can't average 41/8/6 on the road against an offensive team powered by KJ or Charles Barkeley. You couldn't win all of your finals and you have been to less.

SouBeachTalents
where was his jordan 4th quarter performance in 2011?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4

SamuraiSWISH
but that's not mj, he wants to play against his competition not to team up with them. why play an easy game? wheres the challenge?
Exactly. Sports is about competition. Not winning as easily as possible. LeBron the type of dude to play a video game on easy / rookie mode, then brag about all his accomplishments. Not 1 saved Princess, Not 2 saved Princesses, Not 3 saved Princesses ...

Give him Paul George, K. Leonard, or Iguodala and we're good.

LeBron needed a top 5 SG all-time, and an elite stetch 4 to go 2 for 4 in the Finals. And needed another top 10 SG all-time to save him from embarrassment in one of those victories.

hangintheair
07-02-2014, 01:07 AM
6/6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>2/5

(e)
07-02-2014, 01:25 AM
6/6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>2/5
Was going to post this.

KBaller33
07-02-2014, 01:28 AM
All these LeBron/Jordan threads tonight

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 01:29 AM
All these LeBron/Jordan threads tonight
6/6 v.s. 2/5 insecurity runs deep doe. Like Pippen inside of Madonna.

Warfan
07-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Exactly. Sports is about competition. Not winning as easily as possible. LeBron the type of dude to play a video game on easy / rookie mode, then brag about all his accomplishments. Not 1 saved Princess, Not 2 saved Princesses, Not 3 saved Princesses ....

Yeah that was some beta shit no doubt. Im not sure he would leave though if he had a Pippen level player, either way im still picking MJ.

Give him Paul George, K. Leonard, or Iguodala and we're good..

They couldn't hold Scottie's jockstrap, which you know is quite big :oldlol:

LeBron needed a top 5 SG all-time, and an elite stetch 4 to go 2 for 4 in the Finals. And needed another top 10 SG all-time to save him from embarrassment in one of those victories.

Wade was a bum this year in the finals and bosh is probably the biggest pu$sy in the league. 2011 was a complete joke from bron though :facepalm

knicksman
07-02-2014, 04:23 AM
LOL I would even take wizards jordan

TheMan
07-02-2014, 04:31 AM

LeBeta's first vote 14 posts into the thread :applause:

Obviously MJ, he's a GOAT. Bran is top 12 doe.

deja vu
07-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Do we have the benefit of knowing on hindsight how their careers panned out?

If so, then I'd pick Jordan. Otherwise, LeBron.

That_Admiral
07-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Jordan... anyday. His competitiveness & mentality far exceeds that of LBJ

iamgine
07-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Jordan because he will make my franchise more money than Lebron.

To4
07-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Hell.. I would pick Wiz Jordan.... But Come on.. wheres the competitive fire in today's NBA? Wheres the "I wanna beat this guy and embarrass him? "

dc_chilling
07-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Do we have the benefit of knowing on hindsight how their careers panned out?

If so, then I'd pick Jordan. Otherwise, LeBron.

This.

Anyone who says they would take Jordan out of UNC over Lebron out of high school is a liar.

Nobody expected MJ to become MJ. Lebron was possibly the most hyped prodigy ever.

OldSchoolBBall
07-02-2014, 08:09 AM
and when you consider jordans inflated stats due to fast pace

You do realize that the Bulls were like the slowest pace team in the league every year, right? That Jordan was playing at a 91-96 pace most years, right? (league average pace was 94 this year, for reference). This isn't the Showtime Lakers or 80's Nuggets. Grab a clue.

La Frescobaldi
07-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Hell.. I would pick Wiz Jordan.... But Come on.. wheres the competitive fire in today's NBA? Wheres the "I wanna beat this guy and embarrass him? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL8OWhEsts

diamenz
07-02-2014, 08:18 AM
hell, i'd take pippen over lebron.

Roundball_Rock
07-02-2014, 10:03 AM
I can find Scottie Pippen types even in the current league to pair up with Mike: Paul George, K. Leonard, Iguodala.

:roll:

LeBron, easily. They are similar caliber players but with LeBron you get a full career. MJ took five seasons off--and quit right in the midst of his peak...LeBron would not retire at his peak and if he did I doubt he would do it 2 days before training camp, forcing the team to scramble and use a D-League scrub to "replace" him (imagine that 94' team with a NBA caliber starting SG!). The only way you can take MJ is if you believe that 10 good years of MJ>>>15 good years of LeBron. In addition to retiring at his peak in 94', MJ took three years off following the 98' season--when he was still a MVP caliber player. People remember his age but forget that MJ still had something left in the tank. LeBron would not leave entire years on the table to play golf and baseball. If the question is MJ over LeBron for a specific year or a short window MJ has a case but as a long-term franchise player the choice clearly is LeBron.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 10:55 AM

LeBron, easily. They are similar caliber players but with LeBron you get a full career. MJ took five seasons off--and quit right in the midst of his peak...LeBron would not retire at his peak and if he did I doubt he would do it 2 days before training camp, forcing the team to scramble and use a D-League scrub to "replace" him (imagine that 94' team with a NBA caliber starting SG!). The only way you can take MJ is if you believe that 10 good years of MJ>>>15 good years of LeBron. In addition to retiring at his peak in 94', MJ took three years off following the 98' season--when he was still a MVP caliber player. People remember his age but forget that MJ still had something left in the tank. LeBron would not leave entire years on the table to play golf and baseball. If the question is MJ over LeBron for a specific year or a short window MJ has a case but as a long-term franchise player the choice clearly is LeBron.

His father's dream was for Jordan to try to play baseball. Because paying homage to your best friend, your father, really shows you got no heart. Jumping ships to a different team with your boyfriends to win two championships in a very weak Eastern Conference takes GOAT talent.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 10:57 AM

When I heard Paul George wanted to be trained by his rival LeBron, I literally was smh :facepalm . I miss the "we may be friends but we are going to war when we are playing on the court." Be alpha youngblood, say you are the best and try to trash talk down your rivals not give them a more of an inflated ego.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 10:58 AM
This.

Anyone who says they would take Jordan out of UNC over Lebron out of high school is a liar.

Nobody expected MJ to become MJ. Lebron was possibly the most hyped prodigy ever.

This is honestly true, great point.

Mr Exlax
07-02-2014, 11:08 AM
I'd go with LeBron. I'm a owner that values size

Roundball_Rock
07-02-2014, 11:35 AM
His father's dream was for Jordan to try to play baseball. Because paying homage to your best friend, your father, really shows you got no heart.

With respect to this thread it has to be factored in that MJ left at his peak and skipped 5 seasons. LeBron gives you a full peak and a full career. Unless you believe MJ>>>LeBron you have to draft LeBron over MJ.

I have no problem with MJ retiring in 94' other than his timing. That timing probably cost the Bulls a 4th championship. The Bulls with a scrub at SG (Myers was not even in the NBA in the previous 2 years) were equal to the Knicks who were equal to the Rockets so the Bulls with a legitimate, NBA-caliber starter at SG like Jeff Hornacek probably win in 94'.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Mike

Better intangibles (more clutch, skills, insanely competitive)

Dragonyeuw
07-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Since we don't know how either is going to turn out if they were available in the same draft, obviously Lebron. Here's the thing, there's alot of players you would take over MJ coming out of college if we're not looking at this in retrospect; he was projected to be an all-star, but not the player he would become. Hakeem going at number 1 was absolutely the right decision, even Portland who gets flak for taking Bowie at number 2 made the right call. Conventional basketball logic was to always take the dominant big, as championships were built with great centers as anchors. It wasn't until Jordan reached his peak that a dynasty could be built around a perimeter player without needing a dominant offensive interior presence.

Coming out of high school people were saying Lebron was going to be a GOAT level performer, no-one was saying that about MJ. Strictly based on potential there's only a few in NBA history you take ahead of Lebron in the same draft; Wilt, Shaq; maybe Kareem.

Roundball_Rock
07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Good post. The only part I disagree with is:

Wilt, Shaq; maybe Kareem.

Definitely KAJ. KAJ arguably was the GOAT high school player as well as the GOAT at the college level. The only player who could be drafted over KAJ is Wilt.

Dragonyeuw
07-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Good post. The only part I disagree with is:

Definitely KAJ. KAJ arguably was the GOAT high school player as well as the GOAT at the college level. The only player who could be drafted over KAJ is Wilt.

Yeah, that's true. I'd agree with the 'definitely' Kareem too thinking about it more.

hawke812
07-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Lebron:rockon:

TheMan
07-02-2014, 12:42 PM

Are we talking about the same dude who left a back to back 60+ win team? Sure, Bran hasn't retired but you do realize he left the team that drafted him to join up with his boyfriend and their third wheel, right?

So basically you can count on Bran staying with your franchise 7 years...

D-FENS
07-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Phil offered him a spot. They would have tore up the league

TheMan
07-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Phil offered him a spot. They would have tore up the league
The Lakers DID tear up the league :confusedshrug:

That ain't Mike though, to join a stack squad to get carried to more titles. I could see Bran doing that to chip pad but not MJ.

SHAQisGOAT
07-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Jordan, especially if I knew what I know now.

andgar923
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
The only thing Bron has over rookie MJ is a better 3pt shot. MJ is either Bron's equal or superior in every other technical aspect.

But MJ's mindset and heart >>>>Bron

tpols
07-02-2014, 01:20 PM

Bruh.. MJ left because he got bored with winning too much and wanted a new challenge. Bran left because he got tired of losing too much and wanted NO challenge :oldlol: not 1 2 3 etc

lilgodfather1
07-02-2014, 02:09 PM
LeBron was the most hyped draft pick ever, Jordan was taken behind Sam Bowie...

Every GM would take LeBron, it wouldn't even be a question.

Knowing what we know now, you take Shaq, and laugh at the wings.