PDA

View Full Version : Which two superstars would you choose?

TheCorporation
07-02-2014, 02:06 AM
If you could start a franchise with any two superstars in NBA history, which two would you choose and why?

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 02:07 AM
MJ for Alpha
LeBron for Beta (Super Pippen)

JohnFreeman
07-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Wade or Webber

TheCorporation
07-02-2014, 02:08 AM
MJ for Alpha
LeBron for Beta (Super Pippen)

That would be an absolutely amazing duo. I'm leaning towards MJ and LBJ too.

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 02:11 AM
That would be an absolute amazing duo. I'm leaning towards MJ and LBJ too.
Well they're the two best players of all-time. MJ has all the intangibles, character defining will power, mental toughness to plug the only holes in LeBron's approach to basketball. LeBron really is just a much, much better version of Scottie Pippen.

Marchesk
07-02-2014, 02:11 AM
MJ with any top 10 big > MJ & super Pippen.

Come on now, MJ/Shaq or Wilt is GOAT dominant. MJ/Russell would never lose. MJ/Hakeem have no weaknesses.

But I'll go easy and take Oscar/KAJ.

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 02:14 AM
MJ with any top 10 big > MJ & super Pippen.
Bigs break down more. LeBron is as durable as they come. Guy has the body of Kal-El. The only games he's ever missed are ones he's purposely sat out under the guise of injury. Resting for the playoffs.

He's 11 years deep and he hasn't even had a significant drop off in athleticism. He won 2 rings with Wade. You mean to tell me with the GOAT, who can play off the ball, scoring in the post? What do you honestly think that team could do. It's the MJ and Pip 6 ring team on steroids.

They'd be like Batman and Superman out there.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 02:17 AM
MJ and Hakeem, easily.

Both were loyal and fierce competitors who could out-skill anyone in NBA history at their position.

Any answers including guys like LeBron or Shaq is putting your franchise at a big risk the moment things go even a little bit south.

Suguru101
07-02-2014, 02:19 AM
If i could get an injury free Bill Walton and pair him with Bird... Oh lord.

But as it is, i would take Bird and Wilt. That duo takes care of shooting and passing in the perimeter, and rebounding/post scoring and defense near the rim. Also, clutchness by Bird.

I don't take Wilt/Jordan because i foresee a potential Kobe/Shaq.

kennethgriffin
07-02-2014, 02:19 AM
kobe/wilt

would be like kobe/shaq but better

both big men want to defer in the clutch. except wilt actually has work ethic and conditioning kobe would respect and theyed get along swimmingly off the court with women. they have allot in common and the things they dont have in common. kobe makes up for. i think chemistry would be great

the guys who scored 100 and 81 on the same team would be unstoppable.

Marchesk
07-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Bigs break down more .... They'd be like Batman and Superman out there.

And I'm offering you Dr Manhattan and Superman. Jordan and Super Pippen have a weakness, and that's in the paint.

How about this, you can have MJ/Lebron and I'll take MJ/Kareem and and we both get the same kind of complimentary role players and great coaching. Best of 7. Who do you think wins? Because Kareem is going to rape your team. Same with Shaq, Wilt, Hakeem and then Duncan and Russell would provide great team play, superior rebounding and defense. You think you have this great advantage in S.Pippen over my team, but I have excellent rim protection.

SouBeachTalents
07-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Jordan & Russell

Legends66NBA7
07-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.

KBaller33
07-02-2014, 02:21 AM
MJ/LeBron is the answer

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 02:22 AM
And I'm offering you Dr Manhattan and Superman. Jordan and Super Pippen have a weakness, and that's in the paint.
Why do people always say this? Talent trumps size. If MJ and Pip could destroy the hearts of these low block players: Shaq, Ewing, Mourning, Malone, and Barkley. Do you really think it makes ANY difference? It's a damn myth.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Seriously, name any sort of problem in a Jordan/Hakeem duo. Both two of the most well rounded players in NBA history, both two of the most loyal players in NBA history, both had arguably the greatest peaks in NBA history, both are two of the most skilled players in NBA history, Jordan has publicly shared his admiration for Hakeem before, the list goes on and on.

Suguru101
07-02-2014, 02:26 AM
The problem with MJ and Hakeem is that Duncan and Kareem as a duo destroy them.

Marchesk
07-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Why do people always say this? Talent trumps size. If MJ and Pip could destroy the hearts of these low block players: Shaq, Ewing, Mourning, Malone, and Barkley. Do you really think it makes ANY difference? It's a damn myth.

Yeah, that was impressive. But it would have been interesting to see them go up against Kobe/Shaq during their 3-peat, or the Rockets for the second of their two-peat.

Here, Superman cancels out Superman. Then you have Batman against Dr. Manhattan. And Batman is very resourceful with all his gadgets and billions, and colluding with Robin and Alfred, but what is that against a quantum blue dude who can dominate space and time?

DirkNowitzki41
07-02-2014, 02:30 AM
dirk and wade

Marchesk
07-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Seriously, name any sort of problem in a Jordan/Hakeem duo.

Would love to see them go up against Oscar/Kareem, though. Early KAJ destroys early Hakeem, so are we just sticking with primes?

BlazerRed
07-02-2014, 02:33 AM
Seriously, name any sort of problem in a Jordan/Hakeem duo. Both two of the most well rounded players in NBA history, both two of the most loyal players in NBA history, both had arguably the greatest peaks in NBA history, both are two of the most skilled players in NBA history, Jordan has publicly shared his admiration for Hakeem before, the list goes on and on.
I'm down with this combo. Seems pretty brutal. Both incredible two way players, and.. GOAT.

Suguru101
07-02-2014, 02:34 AM

Only one of those was a trascendent big man, and when the Bulls faced the Magic in 96 Grant was injured and Shaq was a 3rd year player going against prime MJ/Pippen and an amazing supporting cast.

2001 Lakers destroy any Bulls championship team. 1980 Lakers destroy any Bulls championship team.

A big man is just more impactful than a perimeter player.

Angel Face
07-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Jordan / Pip. They've been to the finals 6 times and won 6 of them.

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 02:39 AM
Only one of those was a trascendent big man, and when the Bulls faced the Magic in 96 Grant was injured and Shaq was a 3rd year player going against prime MJ/Pippen and an amazing supporting cast.
That wasn't prime MJ. It was barely prime Pippen, last year actually. And Shaq was already a beast. Took his team to the Finals the season before. 3rd year is the first official step into superstardom. Shaq was already that as a rookie.

2001 Lakers destroy any Bulls championship team.
Any Bulls team? So the 2001 Lakers can lose a game to Iverson and Mutumbo's Sixers but the '91, '92, '93, '96, or '97 Bulls wouldn't win a game?

Put your Laker foam finger down. The 2000 Blazers took them the distance. Hell, the 2000 Pacers gave them a series.

The 2002 Kings should've won their series. But the dynasty Bulls would get romped?

:oldlol:

A big man is just more impactful than a perimeter player.
Not when those perimeter players are any of the following: MJ, LeBron, Bird, or Kobe.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 02:40 AM

Not even a bad choice. They were the perfect wing duo from a standpoint of what their skills were offensively and how deadly they both were on defense. Lol @ people saying Jordan / Bran. Bran isn't anywhere near the defender that Pippen was and has too much of a ball dominating style on offense.

dubeta
07-02-2014, 02:41 AM
2 Brans

jaybee682
07-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Kareem and Magic - 5 titles (more in this era) That's good enough for me

Marchesk
07-02-2014, 02:42 AM

Hondo/Russell 6/6

CavaliersFTW
07-02-2014, 02:45 AM
Wilt and Oscar

NBAplayoffs2001
MJ and Hakeem.

russwest0
2 Brans

I could see it already, 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter, game 7 in the Finals down 1:

"LeBron drives into the paint!!! Kicks it out to LeBron!!!! LeBron passes to Ray Allen!!! Thats it!!! The clock expired before they could shoot!! Game over!!! Game over!!! The other team wins!!!"

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 02:47 AM
2 Brans
They both quit on each other, at various points. One Bran needs a big brother / father figure to Alpha it up for him in situations of self doubt, or self pity. Bron and Pippen is a failure waiting to happen.

Angel Face
07-02-2014, 02:48 AM
I could see it already, 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter, game 7 in the Finals down 1:

"LeBron drives into the paint!!! Kicks it out to LeBron!!!! LeBron passes to Ray Allen!!! Thats it!!! The clock expired before they could shoot!! Game over!!! Game over!!! The other team wins!!!"

:roll:

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 02:49 AM

:lol :lol :lol :banana: :cheers:

dubeta
07-02-2014, 02:50 AM

where was ray here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1GLB-byeQ

Most Alpha shot of the season :bowdown: :bowdown:

Marchesk
07-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Not when those perimeter players are any of the following: MJ, LeBron, Bird, or Kobe.

So would you be happy with MJ running point and Kobe at SG?

SamuraiSWISH
07-02-2014, 02:52 AM
So would you be happy with MJ running point and Kobe at SG?
No because much like LeBron and Pippen wouldn't work from a chemistry perspective. I don't know if MJ and Kobe work. With that said, MJ is the one player in the history of the game that Kobe would play for willingly I presume. So yea, it could work. I know one thing, the will power alone on that team can win a lot of games.

Suguru101
07-02-2014, 03:01 AM
That wasn't prime MJ. It was barely prime Pippen, last year actually. And Shaq was already a beast. Took his team to the Finals the season before. 3rd year is the first official step into superstardom. Shaq was already that as a rookie.

Any Bulls team? So the 2001 Lakers can lose a game to Iverson and Mutumbo's Sixers but the '91, '92, '93, '96, or '97 Bulls wouldn't win a game?

Put your Laker foam finger down. The 2000 Blazers took them the distance. Hell, the 2000 Pacers gave them a series.

The 2002 Kings should've won their series. But the dynasty Bulls would get romped?

:oldlol:

Destroy as in the Bulls don't have a chance of winning the series. So because tha Bulls lost two straight to Kemp(Shaq is better) and Payton(Kobe is better) does that mean they get swept? The series most likely ends in 6. But it's not as close as that.

I said 2001 Lakers. 2000 doesn't matter, 2002 doesn't matter. 2001 Lakers are better than any Bulls team. Simplified = 2001 Shaq >>> 1996 Jordan. 2001 Kobe >> 1996 Pippen. 2001 Phil is a better coach than 1996 Phil.

The Magic's 3rd best player was injured. Take Rodman out to even things out, who do you think wins?

I'm not a Laker fan, and i'm not a Kobe fan either, but you really are telling me that 1996 Jordan and Pippen would just win a series against 2001 Shaq and Kobe? Put your nostalgia finger foam down.

Kareem at his peak is a better player than any of those. I get that perimeter players are more fun to watch, they make clutch plays and make tough shots... But Kareem's hook shots or Skyhook or any of his shots in the post has a higher chance of going in that anything those players can do. Oh, and Kareem's defense affects anybody close to the paint, instead of just his man.

Yankstar
07-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Jordan and Kareem. Longevity and you have the best centre and perimeter players offensively and defensively. 15 straight championships :rockon:

Harison
07-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Kareem with Hakeem.

I can see an argument of MJ +.., but its still big man game, and Dream with Kareem would dominate any competition, even if it includes MJ.

NZStreetBaller
07-02-2014, 03:42 AM
MJ and Kobe have kobe come off the bench for him. the defense would never get a break. be like 48 minutes of fresh jordan.

That_Admiral
07-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Larry Bird & Kevin Garnett.
The amount of intensity they bring to the game... just wow, they would make anyone of there team members better. They also don't look at their team members as "supporting cast"

Bandito
07-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Kobe and Magic > MJ and Lebron

Bandito
07-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Jordan and Kareem. Longevity and you have the best centre and perimeter players offensively and defensively. 15 straight championships :rockon:
MJ and Kareem vs Kobe and Shaq with team built around their strengths... That could be a matches for the ages.

SuperCereal
07-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Bird & Magic

knicksman
07-02-2014, 08:46 AM
mj and magic. GOAT and 2nd GOAT

Rubio2Gasol
07-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Jordan and Hakeem.

3peated
07-02-2014, 09:32 AM
i like all these half ass fans thinking 2 wing players is the answer, u want a goat big and boat wing, if you're looking for the best possible duo.

Lebron23
07-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Lebron James and Kevin Garnett

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2014, 10:00 AM
kobe/wilt

would be like kobe/shaq but better

both big men want to defer in the clutch. except wilt actually has work ethic and conditioning kobe would respect and theyed get along swimmingly off the court with women. they have allot in common and the things they dont have in common. kobe makes up for. i think chemistry would be great

the guys who scored 100 and 81 on the same team would be unstoppable.

how about jordan/wilt

would be like kobe/wilt but better

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Jordan/Shaq

or

Jordan/Lebron

or

Jordan/Magic

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2014, 10:03 AM

Maybe that Hakeem only had a 3 year peak, and had multiple 1st round disappearing acts?

LeBron/MJ >>>

:lol :lol :lol :banana: :cheers:

:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Jordan/Shaq

or

Jordan/Lebron

or

Jordan/Magic

don't feel it

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Damn, these dudes want to include Kobe so badly for the discussion :facepalm

He's not up there, deal with it.

Real14
07-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Jordan and ewing maybe or Jordan and shaq maybe and besides that I would choose Jordan and me.

JohnFreeman
07-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Webber and Shaq

choppermagic
07-02-2014, 10:55 AM
KAJ and Magic.

Sorry, but you need a big that can play the post and defend the basket. KAJ gives you all of that for 19 years.

Magic because of his infectious attitude and marketing ability and he makes everyone around him better. The rest of the team would all benefit from both of these players.

This is no knock against MJ, but if you are going for a duo that will work for any team make up beyond them, I go with the best pivot and PG ever.

GimmeThat
07-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm just going to plant an idea here.

Larry Bird / Kareem Abdul Jabbar