PDA

View Full Version : Lebron 1 of only 2 non soccer players in top 10 most followed athletes (#3)

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 09:15 AM
This is just to show you that an especially loud minority doesn't = reality. Because Lebron haters on ISH want to swear that he's just so hated, doesn't mean that this is the case nationally/globally.

In a world where soccer is overwhelmingly the most popular sport, Lebron managed to be number 3 on a list where the only other NBA player to be found is number 8.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/most-popular-athletes-twitter-soccer_n_5505809.html

Commence the excuses, and why it doesn't mean anything and why 10 or so kids on ISH >>>> 13 million people (and that's just twitter followers, you can bet his fanbase spreads beyond just twitter).

Number 1 in jersey sales, 2nd most powerful celebrity according to Forbes.

Lebron23
07-02-2014, 09:22 AM
He's very popular outside the US.

Dave3
07-02-2014, 09:23 AM
You're using the word hated then citing an article that's describing popularity. A guy can be both very well known and controversial. There's probably a ton of guys that follow LeBron on twitter just to nitpick anything he does.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 09:25 AM
He's very popular outside the US.

I do agree with that, most of the mixed feelings are within the States. I know a few people from China who said Yao got them into basketball. They are usually either hardcore Kobe fans or LeBron fans. You could usually tell who they are by the bball shoes they wear.

Akrazotile
07-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Who cares.

People need to stop obsessing celebrities.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Who cares.

People need to stop obsessing celebrities.

I like Lebron, but you'll never be able to find me stanning for him. I defend him against a lot of the ridiculous criticisms he gets, but at the same time I also despise this cult of Stans that are rapidly approaching the Kobe ones in obnoxiousness.

That being said, a little perspective is needed. You see all of these basement dwellers on ISH swearing that he's just so hated by the public at large, when it's just not true. Yes, there is a loud minority of very vocal haters of Lebron, but hardly the phenomenon they wish it was. Not like he's been booed at 2 NBA All Star games or anything like that.

Doctor Rivers
07-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Kobe is just as popular

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 09:33 AM
You're using the word hated then citing an article that's describing popularity. A guy can be both very well known and controversial. There's probably a ton of guys that follow LeBron on twitter just to nitpick anything he does.

I'm well aware of that (see Bryant, Kobe the most polarizing sports figure of all time). Simultaneously loved by millions, yet booed in All Star games and routinely on advertising agencies' list of most hated athletes year after year. That's why Kobe never maximized the endorsements as much as you'd think a guy of his stature would (especially after the rape case).

Also, I didn't just point out the twitter article. I pointed out that he's also ranked number 2 on Forbes' most powerful celebrities list. Above the likes of Jay-Z, Oprah, etc. etc. I know it's painful for some, but the fact is he's far more liked than hated.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Kobe is just as popular

Where is Kobe in the top 10 list then? Shaq has him beat and he's retired. :oldlol:

Where is Kobe in the list of most powerful celebrities?

And on and on. Sorry, but Kobe's old news and even when he WAS news he was equally hated and loved. Not so with Lebron.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-02-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm well aware of that (see Bryant, Kobe the most polarizing sports figure of all time). Simultaneously loved by millions, yet booed in All Star games and routinely on advertising agencies' list of most hated athletes year after year. That's why Kobe never maximized the endorsements as much as you'd think a guy of his stature would (especially after the rape case).

Also, I didn't just point out the twitter article. I pointed out that he's also ranked number 2 on Forbes' most powerful celebrities list. Above the likes of Jay-Z, Oprah, etc. etc. I know it's painful for some, but the fact is he's far more liked than hated.

His game took a big step down too in 2004. Took him until 2006, to regain that scoring power he had in 2003.

Doctor Rivers
07-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Where is Kobe in the top 10 list then? Shaq has him beat and he's retired. :oldlol:

And on and on. Sorry, but Kobe's old news and even when he WAS news he was equally hated and loved. Not so with Lebron.

:oldlol:

Kobe only joined Twitter last year while LeBron has had a five year head start.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Kobe only joined Twitter last year while LeBron has had a five year head start.

:oldlol: @ wack excuses.

Doctor Rivers
07-02-2014, 09:44 AM
:oldlol: @ wack excuses.

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Know it all my brother why you not on here more often? :cheers:

Make a comback ala roundball lol

Nuff Said
07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Know it all my brother why you not on here more often? :cheers:

Make a comback ala roundball lol
Dat post count tho

Heavincent
07-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Funny coming from the OP, who is the most irrational Kobe detractor there is :oldlol:

Kobe was voted as the most popular player 5 times between between 06 and 12, and was always in the top 3 for approval ratings. He was also voted into the all star game despite only playing 5 games last year. lol at being "equally" hated.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Judging global popularity...solely off twitter followers? Really?

Fanboys take it to the EXTREME man. :oldlol:

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 11:46 AM
This message is hidden because kuniva_dAMiGhTy is on your ignore list.

Heavincent
07-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Biggest clown on ISH :oldlol:

I didn't know you were a closet Bran stan though.

deja vu
07-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Most of his non US followers are Chinese or Filipinos.

GimmeThat
07-02-2014, 11:50 AM
why do people follow players who can't play for their team?

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Funny coming from the OP, who is the most irrational Kobe detractor there is :oldlol:

Kobe was voted as the most popular player 5 times between between 06 and 12, and was always in the top 3 for approval ratings. He was also voted into the all star game despite only playing 5 games last year. lol at being "equally" hated.

Only according to Kobe Stans, and well their opinions mean less than nothing to me.

Kobe hasn't even retired and Shaq has him beat. Also never seen Kobe listed as the 2nd most powerful celeb by Forbes.

Also, where are his commercials? Some obscure foreign airline? :oldlol: :oldlol: At 35 Jordan was still the top pitchman in the game.

Why isn't Madison Ave lining up for Kobe? :confusedshrug:

I never argued that Kobe doesn't have a lot of fans. But he's just too polarizing for Madison Ave to want to push him. Meanwhile ol "hated" Bron is still a major pitchman, 3rd in a soccer dominated world, 2nd on Forbes list, etc. etc.

I know you don't like it. I get that. But you need to get over it and face reality. You can hate Lebron all you want, but dems da facts. :oldlol:

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Biggest clown on ISH :oldlol:

I didn't know you were a closet Bran stan though.

Dude, I told you Kobe Stans comments mean NOTHING to me. Never have. But I wouldn't expect a KStan (not known for intelligence) to understand the difference between pointing out the fallacies of illogical arguments and "stanning". This is the first thread I've made on Lebron that I can remember. It's just the stupidity concerning him on this site rises to the point that I decided to comment on it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-02-2014, 11:54 AM

Princess knoe, most fragile poster on ISH :oldlol:

Warfan
07-02-2014, 11:55 AM
No shit :confusedshrug: Most popular ball player on the planet and one of the most popular global athletes. He's polarizing and a lot of people dislike him but that crowd is a lot smaller compared to those who like him

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 11:55 AM

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 11:57 AM
No shit :confusedshrug: Most popular ball player on the planet and one of the most popular global athletes. He's polarizing and a lot of people dislike him but that crowd is a lot smaller compared to those who like him

Exactly. But to hear these deluded ISHiots tell it, "Bran" will go down as a colluder, disrespected by the bball world at large, choker, loser blah blah blah.

Only in their tiny little minds.

Heavincent
07-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Only according to Kobe Stans, and well there opinions mean less than nothing to me.

Kobe hasn't even retired and Shaq has him beat. Also never seen Kobe listed as the 2nd most powerful celeb by Forbes.

Also, where are his commercials? Some obscure foreign airline? :oldlol: :oldlol: At 35 Jordan was still the top pitchman in the game.

Why isn't Madison Ave lining up for Kobe? :confusedshrug:

I never argued that Kobe doesn't have a lot of fans. But he's just too polarizing for Madison Ave to want to push him. Meanwhile ol "hated" Bron is still a major pitchman, 3rd in a soccer dominated world, 2nd on Forbes list, etc. etc.

I know you don't like it. I get that. But you need to get over it and face reality. You can hate Lebron all you want, but dems da facts. :oldlol:

Hate Lebron? No. Show me anything I've posted about about Bran that is nearly as irrational and outright wrong as the crap you post about Kobe (WILL NEVER WIN WITHOUT SHAQ).

Kobe isn't nearly as polarizing as you'd like him to be. Like I said, always top 3 in approval ratings (was top 1 for most of his prime), gets standing ovations and MVP chants in opposing arenas, voted into the all star game despite playing 5 games, etc. Hell, the Kobe hate is mostly an internet thing these days. You see a few kids on ISH and realGM spewing non-sense, and that's pretty much it. Maybe the occasional column by Jason Whitlock, who nobody really takes seriously anyway.

Both Lebron and Kobe are far more loved than hated. Fact.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Hate Lebron? No. Show me anything I've posted about about Bran that is nearly as irrational and outright wrong as the crap you post about Kobe (WILL NEVER WIN WITHOUT SHAQ).

Kobe isn't nearly as polarizing as you'd like him to be. Like I always, always top 3 in approval ratings, gets standing ovations and MVP chants in opposing arenas, voted into the all star game despite playing 5 games, etc. Hell, the Kobe hate is mostly an internet thing these days. You see a few kids on ISH and realGM spewing non-sense, and that's pretty much it. Maybe the occasional column by Jason Whitlock, who nobody really takes seriously anyway.

Both Lebron and Kobe are far more loved than hated. Fact.

You still haven't answered, if he's so loved, why Madison Ave isn't pushing him as a pitchman. He's only 35, and as I pointed out Jordan was still on top of sports at 35. Only commercial I can remember for Kobe recently is for an obscure foreign airline. You think the only major commercial Jordan at 35 would be in would be for Whateveritwas Airlines? You think Lebron at 35 will only have that?

Shaq, a RETIRED player has more followers. Kobe, once again, not retired isn't in the top 10.

Kobe got booed at 2 all star games. Something I've never seen happen to another athlete. Year after year he ranked as the most hated NBA player, and in the top 3 or so most hated athletes

Again, Kobe's a very popular player. One of the most of all time. But you're in Kobe Stan denial to think that he's not also very very hated. Lebron was always popular until the Miami Decision fiasco, but he's sailed past that nicely. Kobe's been hated for the bulk of his career.

Again, thems the facts. :confusedshrug:

Dizzle-2k7
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
ESPN + media hype = massive popularity.

smarten up, OP. youre better than this.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 12:14 PM

Even if that were true, what in the world does that have to do with the subject of this thread?

The point is that ISHiots claim that "no one respects bron", "he'll go down as a colluder", "everyone hates the Heat except in Miami" and on and on and on.

All of that is straight bullshyt, and only true in the minds of deluded haters (usually Kobe Stans).

lakerspng
07-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Kobe's struggles with Madison ave come down to one thing and everyone knows it. Don't act dense. Prior to the rape allegations he had more sponsors than anyone in the league. When that happened, guilty or not they all ran for the hills. Has absolutely nothing to do with his popularity.

jzek
07-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I use the LeBron app constantly and masturb8 to it.

Heavincent
07-02-2014, 12:25 PM
You still haven't answered, if he's so loved, why Madison Ave isn't pushing him as a pitchman. He's only 35, and as I pointed out Jordan was still on top of sports at 35. Only commercial I can remember for Kobe recently is for an obscure foreign airline. You think the only major commercial Jordan at 35 would be in would be for Whateveritwas Airlines? You think Lebron at 35 will only have that?

Shaq, a RETIRED player has more followers. Kobe, once again, not retired isn't in the top 10.

Kobe got booed at 2 all star games. Something I've never seen happen to another athlete. Year after year he ranked as the most hated NBA player, and in the top 3 or so most hated athletes

Again, Kobe's a very popular player. One of the most of all time. But you're in Kobe Stan denial to think that he's not also very very hated. Lebron was always popular until the Miami Decision fiasco, but he's sailed past that nicely. Kobe's been hated for the bulk of his career.

Again, thems the facts. :confusedshrug:

You're really clinging to the endorsements thing, huh?

Kobe makes $32 million a year in endorsements, which is WAY more than any player not named Lebron. Lebron makes $40 million, but Kobe has a much higher salary than Lebron, which gives him less incentive to run around making stupid commercials.

Only Kobe's personality could be considered polarizing. His game isn't polarizing in the least. Even people who don't like him as a person acknowledge his place in history as a top 10 player of all time.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr-P6J0k8XI

Show me a player who gets MVP chants on the road as frequently as Kobe.

Jlamb47
07-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Lebron is the most pussiest

gts
07-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Justin Bieber has 46 million... :facepalm

b1imtf
07-02-2014, 12:32 PM
"Xabi Alonso - Defender". :oldlol:

Bandito
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
I like Lebron, but you'll never be able to find me stanning for him. I defend him against a lot of the ridiculous criticisms he gets, but at the same time I also despise this cult of Stans that are rapidly approaching the Kobe ones in obnoxiousness.

That being said, a little perspective is needed. You see all of these basement dwellers on ISH swearing that he's just so hated by the public at large, when it's just not true. Yes, there is a loud minority of very vocal haters of Lebron, but hardly the phenomenon they wish it was. Not like he's been booed at 2 NBA All Star games or anything like that.
Kobe's in your mind all day since 97 ***got.

chazzy
07-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Using twitter follows to determine Shaq is way more popular than Kobe is disingenuous. He was an early twitter user, and I remember his account was the main suggested follow when you registered your account.

Also, look at FB likes as another measure. Kobe and Lebron at 19 mil, Shaq at 4.6..

riseagainst
07-02-2014, 12:55 PM

classic ISH logic

Being famous suddenly means you are powerful.

:rolleyes:

gts
07-02-2014, 01:03 PM

this is true and a point to remember when looking at twitter followers is it's fluid, people ebb and flow in popularity dependent on if they are in the news or not and not all twitter accounts are created equal..

example: Ronaldo was at 21 million earlier this year before the cup now pushing 28 million but he'll lose some of that when the cup is over.. he gained 300k in one day after his game vs team USA

But when you look deeper you see he only has 1900 tweets and a ton of them are contests, there's some personal stuff like here i am now type things but he or who ever runs his account has a ton of giveaways which in a world of Soccer fans is a sure way to boost your twitter popularity, people love free stuff

I'm a pretty solid user of Twitter, don't tweet much but I do use it for informational purposes and my twitter list of folks I follow changes constantly

btw I don't follow any players...lol

tpols
07-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Uh.. I thought polls and public opinion didn't matter.. Guess when Kobe was voted player of the decade that was cemented in fact.

True.

Oh and 2/5.

Doctor Rivers
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM

does this actually make you feel better?

ZenMaster
07-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Thank god for followers.

20Four
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
ArbitraryWater

You got no life son! Maybe go outside your house....there is a world outside of ISH...

riseagainst
07-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Knoe getting slammed like that white chick with Kobe.

someone report the rape.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
You're really clinging to the endorsements thing, huh?

Kobe makes $32 million a year in endorsements, which is WAY more than any player not named Lebron. Lebron makes $40 million, but Kobe has a much higher salary than Lebron, which gives him less incentive to run around making stupid commercials.

Only Kobe's personality could be considered polarizing. His game isn't polarizing in the least. Even people who don't like him as a person acknowledge his place in history as a top 10 player of all time.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr-P6J0k8XI

Show me a player who gets MVP chants on the road as frequently as Kobe.

Show me a player who's been booed at 2 all star games in ANY sport? Also, I'm not "clinging" to anything. You never answered a simple question. Why isn't Kobe, at age 35, a major pitchman? Jordan at 35 was. Shaq was (still is, "a little shake, a little tingle. a little shake, a little tingle" :oldlol: ) And don't give me shyt about Kobe doesn't want to do them. As money hungry as he is? Sheeeeeet. He'd do a commercial for rape kits if they'd have him. Lebron will still be at 35. WHERE IS KOBE?

The reason is because as much as he is popular, advertisers know that he also inspires great hatred in people. Even after all the shyt Lebron went through with the Decision, he's still come back to be a major pitchman who you see on commercials everywhere. He was just ranked as the number 2 most powerful celeb by the highly influential Forbes magazine.

But getting back to my original point wich is that to hear the knuckle dragging, basement dwelling, braindead ISH Lebron haters tell it "no one outside of Miami likes him", "he will go down as a choker", "he gets no respect from the basketball world", and on and on. This is completely false.

That's the point of the thread. So all of the derails, and personal attacks on me, and all that nonsense won't change it. In fact, it just drives home the point when you can't address it and instead prefer to obfuscate. :confusedshrug:

russwest0
07-02-2014, 02:24 PM
So being hated and popular are mutually exclusive now?

:biggums: :wtf:

The logic of some of the LeBron stans on here, I swear.... :facepalm

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
This message is hidden because russwest0 is on your ignore list.

kennethgriffin
07-02-2014, 02:27 PM

kobe only got twitter a year ago ( the 2nd time... 1st time he gave up after the first tweet )

and kobe only tweets once a month.. if at all

i don't even fallow kobe on twitter. and i dont know why anyone has it since theyre linked with facebook.

Heavincent
07-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Show me a player who's been booed at 2 all star games in ANY sport? Also, I'm not "clinging" to anything. You never answered a simple question. Why isn't Kobe, at age 35, a major pitchman? Jordan at 35 was. Shaq was (still is, "a little shake, a little tingle. a little shake, a little tingle" :oldlol: ) And don't give me shyt about Kobe doesn't want to do them. As money hungry as he is? Sheeeeeet. He'd do a commercial for rape kits if they'd have him. Lebron will still be at 35. WHERE IS KOBE?

The reason is because as much as he is popular, advertisers know that he also inspires great hatred in people. Even after all the shyt Lebron went through with the Decision, he's still come back to be a major pitchman who you see on commercials everywhere. He was just ranked as the number 2 most powerful celeb by the highly influential Forbes magazine.

Your entire point is moot, because he IS a major "pitchman". He pulls in $32 million from endorsements a year. That's WAY more than anyone not named Lebron. Durant gets $13 million from endorsements a year. Melo 9 million. Rose 16 million. Wade 13 million. How is that not major?

It's also worth mentioning that Kobe was voted as the player of the decade by multiple magazines and websites.

As usual, your arguments are based around emotions and delusions rather than facts.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Your entire point is moot, because he IS a major "pitchman". He pulls in $32 million from endorsements a year. That's WAY more than anyone not named Lebron. Durant gets $13 million from endorsements a year. Melo 9 million. Rose 16 million. Wade 13 million.

It's also worth mentioning that Kobe was voted as the player of the decade by multiple magazines and websites.

As usual, your arguments are based around emotions and delusions rather than facts.

I never said that Kobe had no endorsements. They are just not the kind that apparently has him being in major commercials. They're more like having a shoe (standard for any all star player) and what not. But tell me, WHERE ARE HIS COMMERCIALS aside from the airline one (and not even an American carrier :oldlol: ). I can easily name a Durant, Bron, Shaq, Barkley and Jordan commercial from the past couple of years. You really don't find it odd that a player of his stature doesn't have more commercials than Shaq or Barkley? Talk about delusional.

I see that since you cut off the rest of my response, you agree with the premise of this thread. Good.

And lol at a Kobe Stan talking about emotions and delusions. You guys truly live in another world. No one is more emotional and delusional than you guys. NO ONE. Though Bron Stans are unfortunately approaching you.

Heavincent
07-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I never said that Kobe had no endorsements. They are just not the kind that apparently has him being in major commercials. They're more like having a shoe (standard for any all star player) and what not. But tell me, WHERE ARE HIS COMMERCIALS aside from the airline one (and not even an American carrier :oldlol: ). I can easily name a Durant, Bron, Shaq, Barkley and Jordan commercial from the past couple of years. You really don't find it odd that a player of his stature doesn't have more commercials than Shaq or Barkley? Talk about delusional.

I see that since you cut off the rest of my response, you agree with the premise of this thread. Good.

And lol at a Kobe Stan talking about emotions and delusions. You guys truly live in another world. No one is more emotional and delusional than you guys. NO ONE.

He has a new Nike commercial every single year that gets played millions of times. Of course you don't recall though. And you know Turkish Airlines is one of the 5 biggest carriers on Earth, right? lol at "obscure". If anything, that shows his reach extends well beyond America.

I cut off the rest of your post because there was nothing to respond to. You've yet to bring a single fact to the table. Like I said, it's an argument based purely on emotion. Literally not one fact in any of your posts. Mr. "Kobe will never win without Shaq".

Lebron is obviously very popular and is more loved than hated. I never once denied that. What I find funny is that you're in such denial that you think Kobe is some hated figure :oldlol: He's one of the most beloved athletes in the world, along with Lebron.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 03:12 PM
He has a new Nike commercial every single year that gets played millions of times. Of course you don't recall though. And you know Turkish Airlines is one of the 5 biggest carriers on Earth, right? lol at "obscure". If anything, that shows his reach extends well beyond America.

I cut off the rest of your post because there was nothing to respond to. You've yet to bring a single fact to the table. Like I said, it's an argument based purely on emotion. Literally not one fact in any of your posts. Mr. "Kobe will never win without Shaq".

Lebron is obviously very popular and is more loved than hated. I never once denied that. What I find funny is that you're in such denial that you think Kobe is some hated figure :oldlol: He's one of the most beloved athletes in the world, along with Lebron.

1. I honestly don't recall this commercial. Did we see it during the playoffs a hundred times a game like Durant's Framily, Griffin Force, Shaq Gold Bond, Lebron's ads, etc? If not, WHY NOT? :oldlol: at Griffin being a much more sought after pitchman than your Gawd. Imagine Jordan at 35 not being on mad commercials. :roll:

2. Talk about delusional. It's not a fact that Lebron is 3rd most followed athlete on twitter on a list dominated by soccer players? It's not a fact that he was recently named the 2nd most powerful celeb by Forbes? It's not a fact that Kobe was booed at 2 all star games? It's not a fact that aside from Turkish Airlines no one can remember any commercials from him recently? It's not a fact that year after year Kobe was named as the most hated NBA player, and top 5 most hated athletes by advertising surveys? It's not a fact that you're an in denial Stan doing what in denial stans so and that's trying to turn around what describes you onto me?

Lebron is obviously very popular and is more loved than hated. I never once denied that.

That's the point of the thread, regardless of attempts to derail. Thanks for agreeing with me. Now correct your fellow ISHiots when they say different. mmmkay?

Magic 32
07-02-2014, 04:50 PM
How old is Knoe Itawl at this point?

I guess he only shows up these days when the adult life kick him in the ass. :oldlol:

Ne 1
07-02-2014, 05:36 PM
"Kobe isn't capable of winning without Shaq" Knoe after the Gasol trade. :oldlol: He even bashed Gasol in that thread, but now praises him and talks about how "dominant" the 2008-2010 Lakers front court was.

buddha
07-02-2014, 05:40 PM
everybody who hates him still follows him. that's just the way the world works.

ILLsmak
07-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I don't think Bron is hated, just disrespected. He's doing all of this shit that nobody would have ever done. Now, does that make him an innovator in x amount of years? Maybe, but as of now, assuming his way doesn't somehow change the NBA... he is going to be looked at as a clown for the way he did things.

The NBA is not the stock exchange. At least it isn't now... maybe it will be once people realize they should never play on a non-contending team.

Twitter is a mutual thing, anyway. If you are active, people will probably follow you more. Twitter is some extra wack shit if you ask me. It's like reality show shit. I am surprised it took off, but as I have said before: LeBron is like an NBA reality star. People love to applaud him when he is doing well and slam him when he's doing something stupid. In a way, that keeps them interested.

What will Bron do next? etc.

-Smak

riseagainst
07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
"Kobe isn't capable of winning without Shaq" Knoe after the Gasol trade. :oldlol: He even bashed Gasol in that thread, but now praises him and talks about how "dominant" the 2008-2010 Lakers front court was.

lol @ this shyt. Reminds me of back in 2003 when Laker fans were doing this same thing over signing Malone and Payton. Even similar wording about "beasting" and shyt.

Kobe Bryant is not leading a squad to a championship. I said it then, and I was right (no matter how many Laker fans try to re-write history) and I'm saying it again.

If he couldn't win with Shaq on his team shooting 60% and still dominating people, he's not winning it years older with Pau Gasol.

The only thing this does is get them a few more regular season wins, and make it even more entertaining for me when the inevitable flameout happens.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73827&page=11

:lol
:roll:

Ne 1
07-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
It's funny how soon people forget history. Malone and Payton was supposed to make LA beat Chicago's record, sweep the playoffs and all that and well, not exactly.

Now I'm supposed to be shaking about Gasol and an unproven/tested in the playoffs Bynum?

lol. Does it improve LA. Sure. Enough to make them win a championship? Of course not. Besides, Kwame was a lot more valuable as an interior defender than people realize.

lol @ people pretending their isn't a ton of good teams in the west, and still solid clubs in the upper echelon of the east.

But that's ISH for you.

gts
07-02-2014, 06:18 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73827&page=11

:roll:Knoe went into the witless protection program for 3 years after that:lol

tpols
07-02-2014, 06:19 PM
It's funny how soon people forget history. Malone and Payton was supposed to make LA beat Chicago's record, sweep the playoffs and all that and well, not exactly.

Now I'm supposed to be shaking about Gasol and an unproven/tested in the playoffs Bynum?

lol. Does it improve LA. Sure. Enough to make them win a championship? Of course not. Besides, Kwame was a lot more valuable as an interior defender than people realize.

lol @ people pretending their isn't a ton of good teams in the west, and still solid clubs in the upper echelon of the east.

But that's ISH for you.

lol.. Not even good enough help to win a chip.. Yet they made finals thrice and won back to back.. Hmmm.. :lol

Eric Cartman
07-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Reggie Bush is the NFL player with the most twitter followers?

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

no pun intended
07-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Who the hell cares about Twitter followers?

outbreak
07-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Because every sports fan in every country of the world uses Twitter,? You realise a large number of twitter followers will only follow people who are shown in the media a lot.

moe94
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
ayo..the insecurity of some of y'all of his twitter followers is absolutely hilarious. Never change.

red1
07-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Looks like people can appreciate greatness. Only one nba player can overcome the fact that the rest of the world is obsessed with soccer.

Knoe Itawl
07-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Looks like people can appreciate greatness. Only one nba player can overcome the fact that the rest of the world is obsessed with soccer.

Correct. And all the attempted derails and attacks on me won't change that.

:oldlol: at no Bryant, the supposed heir to Jordan, who's only 35 yet nowhere to be found. :oldlol: @ retired Shaq being over him. :oldlol: at Blake Griffin being a more in demand pitchman. That would be like Webber or something being a more in demand pitchman than Jordan when he was 35. :roll:

Yeah, ol "hated" Lebron (and Knoe) got these guys :rant . Thats' why they switch to irrelevant shyt that happened 6 years ago cause they know it's true. :oldlol:

sbw19
07-02-2014, 08:23 PM
You're using the word hated then citing an article that's describing popularity. A guy can be both very well known and controversial.
http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-07-02aaykz5.png

Pretty much. Rankings are based on certain criteria, and love/hate isn't one of them.

riseagainst
07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-07-02aaykz5.png

Pretty much. Rankings are based on certain criteria, and love/hate isn't one of them.

Oprah.
:bowdown:

brownmamba00
07-03-2014, 12:05 PM

But that's ISH for you.
lmao

Doctor Rivers
07-03-2014, 12:16 PM

:oldlol: at no Bryant, the supposed heir to Jordan, who's only 35 yet nowhere to be found. :oldlol: @ retired Shaq being over him. :oldlol: at Blake Griffin being a more in demand pitchman. That would be like Webber or something being a more in demand pitchman than Jordan when he was 35. :roll:

Yeah, ol "hated" Lebron (and Knoe) got these guys :rant . Thats' why they switch to irrelevant shyt that happened 6 years ago cause they know it's true. :oldlol:

^ :oldlol:

07-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Lionel messi does not have twitter I am assuming... He'd be top 3.

riseagainst
07-03-2014, 01:56 PM
his sentence structures remind me of a Kobe/laker-hating LakersReign.
Borderline psycho.

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2014, 02:03 PM
lol of course LeBron has haters, but there are far more people around the world who like him than otherwise. You think he leads in jersey sales because of his haters? :biggums:

Every major athlete had it's haters, especially here in the social media age. Kobe was possibly the most hated athlete in the US up there w/ Jeter/A-Rod, or Tiger

Heavincent
07-03-2014, 02:09 PM
lol @ this shyt. Reminds me of back in 2003 when Laker fans were doing this same thing over signing Malone and Payton. Even similar wording about "beasting" and shyt.

Kobe Bryant is not leading a squad to a championship. I said it then, and I was right (no matter how many Laker fans try to re-write history) and I'm saying it again.

If he couldn't win with Shaq on his team shooting 60% and still dominating people, he's not winning it years older with Pau Gasol.

The only thing this does is get them a few more regular season wins, and make it even more entertaining for me when the inevitable flameout happens.

riseagainst
07-03-2014, 02:12 PM
#rekt

Knoe Itawl
07-03-2014, 02:33 PM

Yeah, ol "hated" Lebron (and Knoe) got these guys . Thats' why they switch to irrelevant shyt that happened 6 years ago cause they know it's true.