PDA

View Full Version : Is Morey the most clueless GM in the league?

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2014, 02:07 PM
It seems like all he does is sit in his office playing with his calculator to see how he can crunch numbers. This guys has no idea about team chemistry and how to handle business with players. Just two years ago Lin & Asik were their prized players now he is openly dangling them around to who ever wants them to attract bigger names. Why would any player go to a team that shows absolutely no loyalty. He had the balls to photoshop Lin's number on Melo when making their pitch :facepalm How does he think these things make him look?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrjdZJQCQAAcqXj.jpg

Lin's response

Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them

@JLin7 @Al_Iannazzone Someone takes YOUR number and places it on a billboard with @carmeloanthony I am sorry but you entitled to say WTF?

@EmodMarco im entitled to standup for myself/say i felt disrespected as i did thru tweet but point is love unconditionally/as jesus loved me

Johnny Jones
07-02-2014, 02:09 PM
It's almost like he's addicted to trading/making moves

Levity
07-02-2014, 02:11 PM
I wonder if anthony saw that picture and thought to himself, "damn, what the fck did i do to my arm"

russwest0
07-02-2014, 02:12 PM
It's almost like he's addicted to trading/making moves

This. I'm not sure why players would even sign with him. No guarantee that you're going to stay on board because Morey is liable to do some stupid NBA 2K "MyGM" esque shit and trade you to another team.

Smook A.
07-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Lin just tweeted this a little more than 30 minutes ago

http://i.imgur.com/QpW3W04.png

UK2K
07-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Haha you wish your GM was Morey.

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2014, 02:14 PM
This. I'm not sure why players would even sign with him. No guarantee that you're going to stay on board because Morey is liable to do some stupid NBA 2K "MyGM" esque shit and trade you to another team.

And the players he goes do really even work. Harden/Melo/Dwight will not work they are all ball dominant and I don't think their personalities even work together.

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 02:17 PM
It seems like all he does is sit in his office playing with his calculator to see how he can crunch numbers. This guys has no idea about team chemistry and how to handle business with players. Just two years ago Lin & Asik were their prized players now he is openly dangling them around to who ever wants them to attract bigger names. Why would any player go to a team that shows absolutely no loyalty. He had the balls to photoshop Lin's number on Melo when making their pitch :facepalm How does he think these things make him look?

Lin's response
Lin needs to know his place and STFU but the Rockets haven't handled Lin and Asik's situations well

IncarceratedBob
07-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Lin is one of the worst players in the L. "prized" lol

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 02:18 PM
The guy DESTROYED Presti (at the time considered a good GM) to get a First Team All-NBA guard (who is still 24, by the way) and then turned around and got the best centre in the league in free agency. And he might even get the 2nd highest scorer in the league in free agency whilst keeping a 17ppg forward (who he STOLE in the draft at #38). But no, tell me more about he is the most clueless GM in the league. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

mistergreens
07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
:applause:
The guy DESTROYED Presti (at the time considered a good GM) to get a First Team All-NBA guard (who is still 24, by the way) and then turned around and got the best centre in the league in free agency. And he might even get the 2nd highest scorer in the league in free agency whilst keeping a 17ppg forward (who he STOLE in the draft at #38). But no, tell me more about he is the most clueless GM in the league. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

dynasty1978
07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
His moves produced a 1st round exit. Keep up the good work Morey :cheers:

What would he know about 'keys to a championship' anyway?

STATUTORY
07-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Morey alpha as ****,he just gets his kicks from degrading beta lin

Marchesk
07-02-2014, 02:27 PM
The guy DESTROYED Presti (at the time considered a good GM) to get a First Team All-NBA guard (who is still 24, by the way) and then turned around and got the best centre in the league in free agency. And he might even get the 2nd highest scorer in the league in free agency whilst keeping a 17ppg forward (who he STOLE in the draft at #38). But no, tell me more about he is the most clueless GM in the league.

The Thunder have managed to get out of the first round without Harden. How's Houston done?

juju151111
07-02-2014, 02:28 PM
He a good GM in terms of players. Its the coaching that's the problem the talent already there.

UK2K
07-02-2014, 02:30 PM

:rockon:

Smook A.
07-02-2014, 02:32 PM
This.

Daryl Morey is one of the smartest GMs. His only problem so far is him keeping McHale as the HC.

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2014, 02:35 PM

Oh yeah I forgot Houston has been contending for the past seven years under him and actually made it out of the 1st round. Must have slipped my mind

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 02:37 PM
He got Asik for basically 5 mil a year btw. Then traded him for a possible lottery pick.

Lin is up next.

Nastradamus
07-02-2014, 02:37 PM
I do think they should fire Mchale. They need a better defensive coach.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM

Lmao @ Morey "destroying" Presti.

Since then, OKC demolished Houston in the first round with Harden playing like shit and then the Blazers demolished Houston in round one with Harden playing like shit.

It's not unreasonable to say that Morey would have been better off hanging onto the assets he traded for Harden (Martin, Lamb, Adams, McGary), and simply going the tank route and tanking for this past draft and the prior one.

He could be sitting on a bunch of talented young players with a TON of cap space. But nope, instead they've been first round exits the past two years. Way to go Morey!

Jailblazers7
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I think you would have to label him a good GM right now with the moves he has been able to pull off but I am wary of his overall "Moreyball" strategy. He is obviously has the skills required to be successful as a GM (cap knowledge, negotiation, etc.) but his basketball philosophy has yet to bear any real fruit.

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2014, 02:41 PM
He got Asik for basically 5 mil a year btw. Then traded him for a possible lottery pick.

Yeah my point he runs a team like he is playing NBA 2K

How many players has he gotten over the past years just to trade when someone new and shinier comes along?

Ariza
Aaron Brooks
Asik
Lin
Dragic
Lowery
McGrady
Hill
Thomas Robinson

etc does he know about the concept of developing players and building team chemistry?

JellyBean
07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
:oldlol: Dang wasn't he the talk of the town as a master GM? A genius? A man who knows how to build a team? Now he is clueless. Wow.

Smook A.
07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah I forgot Houston has been contending for the past seven years under him and actually made it out of the 1st round. Must have slipped my mind…
He came into a bad situation. Tracy McGrady and Yao were constantly getting injured. In his 2nd year, McGrady barely played half the season. Morey was able to get Ron Artest and the Rockets were able to get out of the first round in 2009. After the '09 playoffs, Yao had to miss the 09-10 season and Artest left for the Lakers. We basically had to start all over. Morey managed to trade for Kevin Martin that season. Of course he helped us, but we needed more talent around him, Brooks and Scola to make the playoffs.

Rockets traded for Harden in 2012, got Asik & Lin and made the playoffs in 2013. We lost to OKC in the 1st. Then we got Dwight in the offseason and you already know what happened in 2013. The point is, the Rockets had to start from scratch in 2010. Now as one of the youngest teams in the league, they look to be on the rise.

Here are his moves from 2007

2007-2008:

-Jeff Van Gundy not brought back as Head Coach.
-Rick Adelman hired
-Traded V. Span's rotting corpse for Luis Scola
-Signed Steve Francis
-Acquired a second round draft pick on draft night
-Drafted Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry (both played a huge part in 09)
-Re-Signed Chuck Hayes (huge part of our team for years to come)
-Traded Kirk Snyder for Gerald Green
-Traded draft right to Sergei Lishouk (who?) along with Bonzi Wells and Mike James (who?) for Bobby Jackson

2008-2009
-Drafted Donte Greene (and acquired a second round pick for next year)
-Drafted Joey Dorsey
-Traded Donte Greene and Bobby Jackson for Ron Artest
-Signed Von Wafer (Troy Daniels before Troy Daniels)
-Signed Brent Barry
-Traded Rafer Alston for Kyle Lowry

2009-2010
-Signed Trevor Ariza (lolz)
-Drafted Budinger, Llull, and Jermaine Taylor
-Essentially traded the "corpse of T-Mac", Carl Landry, and Joey Dorsey for Jordan Hill (#8 pick in that year's draft) a multitude of future picks and Kevin Martin

2010-2011:
-Drafted Patrick Patterson
-Re-signed Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola
-Signed Brad Miller (his worst move ever imo)
-Traded his failed signing: Ariza, for Courtney Lee
-Acquired Terrence Wiliams (former lotto pick) in a trade
-Traded Shane Battier for Hasheem Thabeet and a first round pick
-Traded (a declining) Aaron Brooks for Goran Dragic

2011-2012:
-Adelman not brought back, McHale hired.
-Drafted Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons
-In a round about way, traded Brad Miller and the #23 pick (Nikola Mirotic) for Donatas Motiejunas and Jonny Flynn
-Signed Greg Smith
-Signed Samuel Dalembert
-Traded Flynn for Marcus Camby
-Traded Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher and a 1st round draft pick
-Waived Derek Fisher

2012-2013:
-Traded Budinger to Wolves for #18 pick in draft
-Traded Dalembert and #14 pick for Leur, Brockman, and Shaun Livingston along with #12 pick
-Drafted Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Jones, Royce White
-After deciding to clean house...Sign and traded Courtney Lee, Marcus Camby, and Goran Dragic. Got some minor picks back (Toney Douglas as well)
-Amnestied Luis Scola
-Traded Kyle Lowry for a 1st round pick
-Signed Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin
-Signed Carlos Delfino
-Traded 1st round pick (from Lowry deal), Jeremy Lamb, and Kevin Martin for James Harden and filler
-Traded Pat Patterson and Toney Douglas for Francisco Garcia and Thomas Robinson
-Traded Marcus Morris for a future second round draft pick

2013-2014:
-Drafted Isaiah Canaan (first year under Morey's tenure we did not have a 1st rd pick)
-Traded T-Rob to Blazers for junk
-Signed Dwight Howard (the biggest FA signing in the history of the organization)
-Signed Robert Covington
-Signed Garcia, Casspi, Brooks, Camby Brewer
-Waived Brewer
-Signed Troy Daniels
-Traded Brooks for Hamilton
-Waived Greg Smith, Signed Josh Powell

UK2K
07-02-2014, 02:43 PM

Since then, OKC demolished Houston in the first round with Harden playing like shit and then the Blazers demolished Houston in round one with Harden playing like shit.

It's not unreasonable to say that Morey would have been better off hanging onto the assets he traded for Harden (Martin, Lamb, Adams, McGary), and simply going the tank route and tanking for this past draft and the prior one.

He could be sitting on a bunch of talented young players with a TON of cap space. But nope, instead they've been first round exits the past two years. Way to go Morey!
And would have never gotten Dwight.

And would not even be talking with Melo right now.

To say Houston would be better off not making that trade....you are ****ing clueless.

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Nah, Morey's a genius. He's built an aura of champion contention around the team, and has the fans throwing money at them. But it's all an illusion, the dude has the entire city of Houston as his puppets. Fool the people, rake in the money, get an early vacation every summer.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 02:44 PM
The Thunder have managed to get out of the first round without Harden. How's Houston done?

Which is obviously totally down to Kevin Martin, Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb and not the reigning MVP of the league. This isn't anti-Presti or anti-Thunder, it's just refuting the absolutely ridiculous thread idea.

[QUOTE]Oh yeah I forgot Houston has been contending for the past seven years under him and actually made it out of the 1st round. Must have slipped my mind

russwest0
07-02-2014, 02:46 PM
And would have never gotten Dwight.

And would not even be talking with Melo right now.

To say Houston would be better off not making that trade....you are ****ing clueless.

So what does it matter since we all know that a Dwight/Harden duo is never going to win shit?

Championship or bust. Lol @ Morey getting this praise for locking his team down into mediocrity when he could right now be sitting on two high draft picks from these past two drafts along with having all of the assets they eventually gave up in the Harden trade.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 02:47 PM

**** me, do people really think that the only reason the Thunder got out of the first round is because they traded Harden away?

WeGetRing2012
They were in the 2nd round in 2009... But nice point anyway!

He turned around the franchise after losing a dominant centre and wing to injuries/decline in 4 years, that's pretty impressive for anyone

Yeah I know my Lakers beat them. Didn't think it was worth mentioning since it was the only time they made it that far under him

russwest0
Which is obviously totally down to Kevin Martin, Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb and not the reigning MVP of the league. This isn't anti-Presti or anti-Thunder, it's just refuting the absolutely ridiculous thread idea.

They were in the 2nd round in 2009... But nice point anyway!

He turned around the franchise after losing a dominant centre and wing to injuries/decline in 4 years, that's pretty impressive for anyone

Steven Adams did play a big part in helping OKC get out of the first round this year and if Westbrook doesn't go down two years ago then Kevin Martin probably puts OKC over the top and they likely win the championship :confusedshrug:

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Here are his moves from 2007

2007-2008:

-Jeff Van Gundy not brought back as Head Coach.
-Rick Adelman hired
-Traded V. Span's rotting corpse for Luis Scola
-Signed Steve Francis
-Acquired a second round draft pick on draft night
-Drafted Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry (both played a huge part in 09)
-Re-Signed Chuck Hayes (huge part of our team for years to come)
-Traded Kirk Snyder for Gerald Green
-Traded draft right to Sergei Lishouk (who?) along with Bonzi Wells and Mike James (who?) for Bobby Jackson

2008-2009
-Drafted Donte Greene (and acquired a second round pick for next year)
-Drafted Joey Dorsey
-Traded Donte Greene and Bobby Jackson for Ron Artest
-Signed Von Wafer (Troy Daniels before Troy Daniels)
-Signed Brent Barry
-Traded Rafer Alston for Kyle Lowry

2009-2010
-Signed Trevor Ariza (lolz)
-Drafted Budinger, Llull, and Jermaine Taylor
-Essentially traded the "corpse of T-Mac", Carl Landry, and Joey Dorsey for Jordan Hill (#8 pick in that year's draft) a multitude of future picks and Kevin Martin

2010-2011:
-Drafted Patrick Patterson
-Re-signed Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola
-Signed Brad Miller (his worst move ever imo)
-Traded his failed signing: Ariza, for Courtney Lee
-Acquired Terrence Wiliams (former lotto pick) in a trade
-Traded Shane Battier for Hasheem Thabeet and a first round pick
-Traded (a declining) Aaron Brooks for Goran Dragic

2011-2012:
-Adelman not brought back, McHale hired.
-Drafted Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons
-In a round about way, traded Brad Miller and the #23 pick (Nikola Mirotic) for Donatas Motiejunas and Jonny Flynn
-Signed Greg Smith
-Signed Samuel Dalembert
-Traded Flynn for Marcus Camby
-Traded Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher and a 1st round draft pick
-Waived Derek Fisher

2012-2013:
-Traded Budinger to Wolves for #18 pick in draft
-Traded Dalembert and #14 pick for Leur, Brockman, and Shaun Livingston along with #12 pick
-Drafted Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Jones, Royce White
-After deciding to clean house...Sign and traded Courtney Lee, Marcus Camby, and Goran Dragic. Got some minor picks back (Toney Douglas as well)
-Amnestied Luis Scola
-Traded Kyle Lowry for a 1st round pick
-Signed Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin
-Signed Carlos Delfino
-Traded 1st round pick (from Lowry deal), Jeremy Lamb, and Kevin Martin for James Harden and filler
-Traded Pat Patterson and Toney Douglas for Francisco Garcia and Thomas Robinson
-Traded Marcus Morris for a future second round draft pick

2013-2014:
-Drafted Isaiah Canaan (first year under Morey's tenure we did not have a 1st rd pick)
-Traded T-Rob to Blazers for junk
-Signed Dwight Howard (the biggest FA signing in the history of the organization)
-Signed Robert Covington
-Signed Garcia, Casspi, Brooks, Camby Brewer
-Waived Brewer
-Signed Troy Daniels
-Traded Brooks for Hamilton
-Waived Greg Smith, Signed Josh Powell

Just admit it. This guy gets high off of making trades and moves :facepalm :lol

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=WeGetRing2012]Yeah I know my Lakers beat them. Didn't think it was worth mentioning since it was the only time they made it that far under him

Smook A.
07-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Just admit it. This guy gets high off of making trades and moves :facepalm :lol
Yeah trades and moves to make your team better. Idiot.

How else do you make a team better if you start off with a bunch of scrubs? Can't develop if none of them had superstar potential :confusedshrug:

Kidbasketball20
07-02-2014, 02:57 PM
If Daryl Morey honestly wants to tie himself up for the next 4 years to James Harden and Carmelo Anthony on the same team good luck. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He's a disastrous GM, and a dictator. The only reason McHale is still around is because he's a figurehead for Morey.

tontoz
07-02-2014, 02:59 PM

Seriously have these clowns looked at Houston's record over since Morey took over?

:facepalm

The two franchise players he inherited (Tmac/Yao) had their careers ended by injuries. Morey turned over the entire roster and didn't go through the sustained losing that most teams go through during a rebuild.

Fudge
07-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Ariza
Aaron Brooks
Asik
Lin
Dragic
Lowery
McGrady
Hill
Thomas Robinson
:eek:

What an assbag of a GM. Perennial 1st rd exits forever.

Guy needs to LEARN LIFE.

KungFuJoe
07-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Morey sucks as a GM. No clue on player chemistry...just building teams NBA2K style.

Before anyone starts talking about how awesome he was in "stealing" Harden from OKC (he did OKC a favor in taking that ball hogging, no D playing cancer) and then signing Howard...keep in mind that this team still didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs.

I also want to stop the homers ahead of time who come in with the excuse of, "but...but...it was just their first year together...they need more time to build chemistry". With the way Morey keeps changing pieces, EVERY ****ing year is going to be a "building chemistry" year.

Good luck Houston...you're gonna need it.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Seriously have these clowns looked at Houston's record over since Morey took over?

Never had a losing season

Teams with no losing seasons since 2007:

Spurs
Mavs (went .500 in 12-13)
Rockets

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Unless you have Durant, LeBron or Chris Paul, you won't win a title for the next 3 years anyways(Sans SA). Might as well try to stack the deck. I'd much rather do that than be the Pistons or Kings or whatever.

Most GM's attempt to do things like Morey. They're just not smart enough to execute it.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Never had a losing season

Teams with no losing seasons since 2007:

Spurs
Mavs (went .500 in 12-13)
Rockets

Yeah and the Spurs and Mavericks have both won titles since then and the Rockets have been struggling to get out of the first round every year since then.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Morey sucks as a GM. No clue on player chemistry...just building teams NBA2K style.

Before anyone starts talking about how awesome he was in "stealing" Harden from OKC (he did OKC a favor in taking that ball hogging, no D playing cancer) and then signing Howard...keep in mind that this team still didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs.

I also want to stop the homers ahead of time who come in with the excuse of, "but...but...it was just their first year together...they need more time to build chemistry". With the way Morey keeps changing pieces, EVERY ****ing year is going to be a "building chemistry" year.

This post was spot on, especially the last part about chemistry.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Unless you have Durant, LeBron or Chris Paul, you won't win a title for the next 3 years anyways(Sans SA). Might as well try to stack the deck. I'd much rather do that than be the Pistons or Kings or whatever.

Most GM's attempt to do things like Morey. They're just not smart enough to execute it.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

oh the horror
07-02-2014, 03:22 PM
No one here finds that to be a little in the league of disrespect ?

I mean damn I know it's a business but shit.

pnyozzzoo
07-02-2014, 03:28 PM

Houston marketing department is so dumb or they did not take Melo srsly enough to do the home work. Even IF Melo decides to come, He would wear his "no.15" duh. Good job creating a fuss to reduce your chance to get a free agent by having a negative story to run on his visit. and at the same time now you have to trade Lin. :no:

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Yeah and the Spurs and Mavericks have both won titles since then and the Rockets have been struggling to get out of the first round every year since then.

The Rockets lost their 2 best players since then and still didn't have a losing season. That is great GM work.

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Houston marketing department is so dumb or they did not take Melo srsly enough to do the home work. Even IF Melo decides to come, He would wear his "no.15" duh. Good job creating a fuss to reduce your chance to get a free agent by having a negative story to run on his visit. and at the same time now you have to trade Lin. :no:
You really think Lin is that relevant?

gts
07-02-2014, 03:31 PM

of course it is but i doubt it came from the basketball operations side..

PR or something blew it

Jailblazers7
07-02-2014, 03:32 PM
I wonder how Parsons feels about his boyfriend getting disrespected like that.

STATUTORY
07-02-2014, 03:35 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: low IQ fanbase right here in Houston

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 03:39 PM
50% of the past 4 titles have been won by aging PFs from the late 2000s era.

We need to stop this notion that well-built teams without a transcendent megastar (not including CP3, don't know you mentioned him) can't win. Chicago with Melo, Indiana if they get their shit together, the Clippers, Golden State with a healthy Bogut, Portland with just one or two competent bench options are all teams that can contend down the road.

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 03:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: low IQ fanbase right here in Houston
Chris Paul is the third best player in the NBA on a stacked team. You not thinking he has a third or fourth best chance at a title is a sign of your stupidity, not mine

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM

We need to stop this notion that well-built teams without a transcendent megastar (not including CP3, don't know you mentioned him) can't win. Chicago with Melo, Indiana if they get their shit together, the Clippers, Golden State with a healthy Bogut, Portland with just one or two competent bench options are all teams that can contend down the road.

Dirk in 2011 was a top 5 nba player. On a stacked(deep) team.

MiseryCityTexas
07-02-2014, 03:45 PM

Lin's response

Yet Mark Cuban does the same damned thing, and gets praise for it. All Cuban did was move players around to try and get bigger names during the early to mid 2000s to late 2000s.

no pun intended
07-02-2014, 03:46 PM

I agree with these. Morey is just playing willy-nilly trial-and-error with his team and looking for instant results rather than development. Of course you would want the former, but Morey has been taking too extreme lately and hasn't really been taking the latter into account. I know this, because as a Lakers fan, a lot of us expected instant gratification from Nash-Kobe-Howard, but let's be real - not every team is the 2008 Boston Celtics. As LeBron once said "Rome wasn't built in one day."

russwest0
07-02-2014, 03:48 PM
lol this rocketswin guy is always posting stupid shit. If I cared I could make a thread full of quotes from him saying stupid shit

KungFuJoe
07-02-2014, 03:48 PM
You really think Lin is that relevant?

It's all over the news. You tell me....

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Reaching. CP3 is third best in the NBA

tontoz
07-02-2014, 03:51 PM

Where would the Spurs be if they lost Duncan due to injury? Ditto Dallas and Dirk.

Houston lost both Tmac and Yao. Typical dumbass comparison.

Mr Exlax
07-02-2014, 03:53 PM
I said this was classless and very disrespectful by my Rockets, but then I just remembered that Morey never wanted Lin to begin with.

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 03:58 PM
lol this rocketswin guy is always posting stupid shit. If I cared I could make a thread full of quotes from him saying stupid shit
You want some sort of attention?

Sorry but I don't care about what some virgins craving positive internet rep think of me.

If you don't like what I post then neg and keep it moving.

navy
07-02-2014, 03:58 PM

That's not a great sample size. In recent memory the Pistons and the Spurs have all been the teams without megastars (or players playing like a megastar if you really dont want to put Dirk in there) not winning and they both were historically great at offense or defense.

Let's look back at the past 25 winners
Spurs 5 times (1 title without a megastar)
Lakers 5 times
Pistons 1 times (1 title without a megastar)
Heat 3 times
Dallas 1 time
Bulls 6 times
Rockets 2 times

:confusedshrug:

Smart money is on the Spurs, Lebron, or Durant. Although, if Derrick Rose is still a good player he and Melo should be enough. Those other teams are just typical noise looking for a lucky break here and there.

Legends66NBA7
07-02-2014, 04:01 PM
The Rockets lost their 2 best players since then and still didn't have a losing season. That is great GM work.

For a treadmill team.

chips93
07-02-2014, 04:04 PM

thats not what we're discussing

houston clearly won the harden trade

dont try move the goalposts

Legends66NBA7
07-02-2014, 04:06 PM
houston clearly won the harden trade

Can't decide that until we see what Adams, Lamb, and the other picks produce in the future. Also, until the Rockets go on to make a deep playoff run and win a chip, they haven't won anything.

tontoz
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Houston got Howard/Harden and have the ability to land another max player and people hating because he disrespected Lin?

:lol

brantonli
07-02-2014, 04:09 PM
For a treadmill team.

Minny, Sactown, Philly, Suns (kind of), NO, Pistons, and others they've all been tanking since their glory days, not a single playoff appearance, and their future (apart from Suns) is still murky. A treadmill team is better than praying for a home run and never getting it, or even worse, like Cleveland, getting multiple home runs, and STILL not getting anywhere.

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Houston got Howard/Harden and have the ability to land another max player and people hating because he disrespected Lin?

:lol
Because Morey wants their best players . They're shook.

Jailblazers7
07-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Sixers only started tanking a year ago. From 2001-2002 to 2012-2013 they made the playoffs 7 times. :confusedshrug:

Sixers were a treadmill team and then finally decided to blow it up. Not saying that the Rockets aren't much better than the post-'01 finals Sixers but it's not like we've been trying to tank for a decade.

*end off-topic defense of my team*

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 04:22 PM
For a treadmill team.

Who was the last team to do it?

Kidbasketball20
07-02-2014, 04:23 PM
After a year of being disrespected from coaches, players, management, etc... Lin finally spoke up. Good for him.

Hope he leaves Houston SOON. By Friday he needs to be out of here.

brantonli
07-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Sixers only started tanking a year ago. From 2001-2002 to 2012-2013 they made the playoffs 7 times. :confusedshrug:

Sixers were a treadmill team and then finally decided to blow it up. Not saying that the Rockets aren't much better than the post-'01 finals Sixers but it's not like we've been trying to tank for a decade.

*end off-topic defense of my team*

:biggums: they made the playoffs in 2013? Forgive me, completely forgot.

Legends66NBA7
07-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Who was the last team to do it?

Do what ?

tontoz
07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Houston won 54 games in the west. They could have easily been the top seed in the East. That is hardly a treadmill team.

A treadmill team hangs around the bottom end of the playoff seedings year after year, sometimes making it sometimes not, but never a threat to get anywhere.

Two of Houston's playoff losses were in OT. The two they lost in regulation were by 1 pt and 7 points. Let's not pretend like they just laid down.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Do what ?

Lose the 2 best players from a playoff team and not have a losing season over the next 5? Not sure I can name one off the top of my head.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Lose the 2 best players from a playoff team and not have a losing season over the next 5? Not sure I can name one off the top of my head.

Lol so Morey gets a pat on the back for getting his team stuck in mediocrity?

The Spurs had Robinson go down for ONE YEAR and it resulted in Tim Duncan. This whole "be happy with just making the playoffs" mindset is beta as hell.

Jailblazers7
07-02-2014, 04:30 PM
:biggums: they made the playoffs in 2013? Forgive me, completely forgot.

You said that they've been tanking since their glory days and had no playoff appearances. I read that as meaning no playoff appearances since their "glory days" but I guess you meant no playoff appearances last season. My bad if I misunderstood.

tontoz
07-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Lol so Morey gets a pat on the back for getting his team stuck in mediocrity?

The Spurs had Robinson go down for ONE YEAR and it resulted in Tim Duncan. This whole "be happy with just making the playoffs" mindset is beta as hell.

You are a dumbass. Only 4 teams in the league had a better record than the Rockets and they are mediocre?

russwest0
07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
You are a dumbass. Only 4 teams in the league had a better record than the Rockets and they are mediocre?

Losing in the first round = mediocre to me. Doesn't matter if you are the Bobcats or the Rockets. These GM's jobs depend on playoff success, not having a great regular season record.

Jameerthefear
07-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Losing in the first round = mediocre to me. Doesn't matter if you are the Bobcats or the Rockets. These GM's jobs depend on playoff success, not having a great regular season record.
well if the games were called fair, okc would have been out in the 1st round too

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 04:36 PM

So in your mind the Hawks were as good last season as the Rockets, Grizzlies, Mavs, and Warriors? And the Suns had as good of a season as the 76ers and Bucks?

russwest0
07-02-2014, 04:36 PM
well if the games were called fair, okc would have been out in the 1st round too

Yeah, I'm sure Morey is making that appeal to his boss as to why he should keep his job :oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Morey is making that appeal to his boss as to why he should keep his job :oldlol:

He doesn't have to, his boss cares about $$ and winning games. Morey delivered both

russwest0
07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
So in your mind the Hawks were as good last season as the Rockets, Grizzlies, Mavs, and Warriors? And the Suns had as good of a season as the 76ers and Bucks?

Never said they were as good, just saying that consistently making the playoffs and losing in the first round really doesn't mean shit.

And a Harden/Howard duo led by coach McHale doesn't seem better to me than tanking these past two years and keeping all of the assets traded to OKC along with getting high draft picks in the process.

EwingMan
Steven Adams did play a big part in helping OKC get out of the first round this year and if Westbrook doesn't go down two years ago then Kevin Martin probably puts OKC over the top and they likely win the championship :confusedshrug:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1102978/mitt.gif

Legends66NBA7
The Hawks are the GOAT treadmill team, that's for sure.

tontoz

Houston's 4 playoff losses were by a total of 13 points. It was the first year Howard/Harden played together and they have the ability to land another max player this summer.

You are obviously still butthurt over the Harden trade. Or just a complete idiot.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 04:39 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1102978/mitt.gif

They are the only team in NBA history with a point differential that high that didn't go on to win the championship that year, all because Westbrook went down. Martin and Sefolosha were both shooting 40%+ from deep, Durant was shooting 50/40/90 that year, and Westbrook was ON FIRE heading into the playoffs.

No reason to believe they weren't the favorites that year with a healthy Westbrook.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2014, 04:44 PM
They are the only team in NBA history with a point differential that high that didn't go on to win the championship that year, all because Westbrook went down. Martin and Sefolosha were both shooting 40%+ from deep, Durant was shooting 50/40/90 that year, and Westbrook was ON FIRE heading into the playoffs.

No reason to believe they weren't the favorites that year with a healthy Westbrook.

Harden was only shooting 39% the year before!!!! That 's a 3% difference, or 1 shot fewer over 4 games!!!

Martin would have CLEARLY put them over the top!!!

fatboy11
07-02-2014, 04:45 PM
His moves produced a 1st round exit. Keep up the good work Morey :cheers:

What would he know about 'keys to a championship' anyway?

That's on McHale/Harden/Howard, not Morey. That was easily a 2nd round roster. Team f*cked it up, not the front office.

pnyozzzoo
07-02-2014, 05:04 PM
That's on McHale/Harden/Howard, not Morey. That was easily a 2nd round roster. Team f*cked it up, not the front office.
Front office ****ed up by making Harden their franchise player and baby him to no end with mchale, it shows in the player off its a domino effect.

fatboy11
07-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Front office ****ed up by making Harden their franchise player and baby him to no end with mchale, it shows in the player off its a domino effect.

Don't disagree, but the topic is getting out of the 1st round and that team still should have gotten out of the 1st round.

EwingMan
07-02-2014, 05:56 PM

their RS SRS (9~) was nuts, but i don't buy that that team was better off with martin than it would've been with harden, or that martin 'put them over the top'.

harden -and the thunder when he was on the floor- were more productive in 2012 than in 2013 w/ martin [ WS48: .230> .157; RAPM: 4.4 > 0.3]. martin was even worse in the 2013 PO than harden has been in his last two, much derided, PO misfires in houston: the guy who put them over the top doing damage at the tune of .095 WS48, w/durant taking the defensive heat.

that 2013 team was great, and it had nothing to do with martin, and everything to do w/ improvements of wb, and the ascension of durant. if martin was any good the thunder would still have him (unless they were, again, too cheap to pick up the bill for a good player).

Marlo_Stanfield
07-02-2014, 07:13 PM
James Harden and Morey like each other because they are both obese clowns

Euroleague
07-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Morey is the biggest jackass GM ever. A total joke.

longtime lurker
07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Morey is exactly like Kevin Pritchard. So many people used to cream their panties over the guy because he got so many "assets" but the Blazers didn't do shit under him. He knows how to assemble talent, but not how to build a team.

tontoz
07-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Morey is exactly like Kevin Pritchard. So many people used to cream their panties over the guy because he got so many "assets" but the Blazers didn't do shit under him. He knows how to assemble talent, but not how to build a team.

Nonsense. Portland had the worst record in the league in '06 but got screwed in the lottery and fell to 4th that year. In spite of this they still landed the best two players in that draft (Roy,Aldridge).

Portland just has a bad history with injuries. Oden was never able to stay healthy and Roy's career ended way too soon. Not to many teams can quickly overcome something like that.

buddha
07-02-2014, 08:48 PM

lmao what a ****ing beta.

if someone slaps your buttcheek let them slap the other one... okay... what a ****ing joke of a religion. what da **** does that accomplish?

beta ass religion too

stephanieg
07-02-2014, 10:00 PM
You guys don't comprehend Morey running that moneyball game. Get efficient, unappreciated players below market value and BOOM! Championship time!

>going after Melo

Nevermind.

houston
07-02-2014, 10:01 PM
yea he is

longtime lurker
07-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Nonsense. Portland had the worst record in the league in '06 but got screwed in the lottery and fell to 4th that year. In spite of this they still landed the best two players in that draft (Roy,Aldridge).

Portland just has a bad history with injuries. Oden was never able to stay healthy and Roy's career ended way too soon. Not to many teams can quickly overcome something like that.

He had a ton of assets and never unloaded them for anything good. He could have used those assets to package his injured players. There will always be morons, I mean GM's that are willing to take the risk.

Kvnzhangyay
07-02-2014, 10:02 PM
lmao what a ****ing beta.

if someone slaps your buttcheek let them slap the other one... okay... what a ****ing joke of a religion. what da **** does that accomplish?

beta ass religion too

Alright, tell us what you would do

Start criticizing the Rocket front office? :lol

Think before u talk lmao to save urself some embrassment

UK2K
07-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Don't disagree, but the topic is getting out of the 1st round and that team still should have gotten out of the 1st round.

They should have beaten a team with a near identical record as them, true, but it was a series between two of the 5 youngest teams in the NBA (the Rockets being the younger of the two), where almost every game was decided by a single possession.

Let's not act like they totally collapsed.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-03-2014, 02:54 AM
He had a ton of assets and never unloaded them for anything good. He could have used those assets to package his injured players. There will always be morons, I mean GM's that are willing to take the risk.

What is Morey doing if not cashing out his assets? He cashed out the ones he traded for Harden, and is trading others away so he has space for other All Stars...

tontoz
07-03-2014, 07:17 AM

Please do tell what he could have gotten in trades for Oden/Roy, neither of whom have done anything in years.

UK2K
07-03-2014, 07:27 AM
Morey took a team decimated by injuries and, without tanking, turned several #14 picks into the #4 seed in the most brutal conference in NBA history, with the potential to climb even higher after this offseason.

Clueless.

fatboy11
07-03-2014, 10:28 AM
They should have beaten a team with a near identical record as them, true, but it was a series between two of the 5 youngest teams in the NBA (the Rockets being the younger of the two), where almost every game was decided by a single possession.

Let's not act like they totally collapsed.

Who is?

I'm basing my statements on the actual games in that series. They didn't totally collapse, but they did blow a couple that they had one, definitely Game 7. All I'm saying is that they should have won that series, and the fact that they did not is not Darryl Morey's fault because he put together a roster capable of making a run at the WCF.

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Outside of losing Dragic and Lowry he's doing perfectly fine so far.

Euroleague
07-04-2014, 06:19 PM
7 years and got out of the first round ONCE, and that was only due to Yao dominating the hell out of the Blazers.......

This guy is the most overrated GM in North American sports history.

houston
07-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Come on guys it took David Stern stopping the Chris Paul deal for him to get Dwight Howard and Harden. Got rid of Lowery and overpaid on Jermy Lin who was a Rocket before he was a knicks lol

WeGetRing2012
07-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Morey just quit & restarted Association Mode :lol :lol

WeGetRing2012
07-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Yup!

no pun intended
07-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Morey just quit & restarted Association Mode :lol :lol
Lmaoo

Inferno
07-13-2014, 06:24 PM
7 years and got out of the first round ONCE, and that was only due to Yao dominating the hell out of the Blazers.......

This guy is the most overrated GM in North American sports history.

He did sign V-Span right? Guess I'll have to agree with you then :cheers:

russwest0
07-13-2014, 06:57 PM
So this offseason they lost Parsons, Lin, and Asik and got in return a 2016 first and Ariza?

Lol damn

Smook A.
07-13-2014, 07:02 PM
He did sign V-Span right? Guess I'll have to agree with you then :cheers:
Nope, that was our other GM, Carroll Dawson.

Smook A.
07-13-2014, 07:03 PM
So this offseason they lost Parsons, Lin, and Asik and got in return a 2016 first and Ariza?

Lol damn
2015 first, not '16.

Blue&Orange
07-13-2014, 08:16 PM

this ***. Maybe he should have resigned with the team that made him. just a thought.