PDA

View Full Version : You guys really bashing Lebron for wanting the max when Hayward and Irving get the ma

Human Error
07-02-2014, 05:24 PM
And when throughout his career he was never the highest paid player in the team?

navy
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Difference: Those fodder franchises arent trying to win.

lakerspng
07-02-2014, 05:27 PM
who bashed him for wanting the max? he deserves the max more than anyone in the league. Only thing I find strange is Wade and Bosh possibly taking way below their value. If Heyward could demand the max, so could Bosh in the open market right now.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-02-2014, 05:31 PM
who bashed him for wanting the max? he deserves the max more than anyone in the league. Only thing I find strange is Wade and Bosh possibly taking way below their value. If Heyward could demand the max, so could Bosh in the open market right now.
Out of curiosity, how much would you pay Wade and Bosh per year?

Torious
07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
The only thing he should be bashed for is for taking a pay-cut in the first place.

IncarceratedBob
07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
LeBron says doesn't care about money and then asks for a max deal. Hyprocite much? It's pathetic, he's such a sad human being.

fatboy11
07-02-2014, 05:36 PM
No one should be bashing LeBron for wanting to get paid the max when he's never been the sole highest paid player on any team he's played on. He's the best player in the league. It's Dwyane Wade and, to a lesser degree, Chris Bosh who should be taking less than the max so Miami can upgrade their roster.

LeBron, for as much as he had to carry that team all year, shouldn't be expected to take a pay cut. Wade needs to cut his previous salary in half. Guy's got the knees of a 40 year old, who is he to scoff at 9-10 million per? He isn't going to get that anywhere else, I don't think. Bosh could easily get the max elsewhere. His decision is tougher, but it would help out a lot if he shaved a million or two off his annual salary.

mattvNJ
07-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Bosh should be getting more than wade. Wade is overpaid hes hurt a majority of the time and just takes games off. Hate that shit.

Lebron deserves the max and then some. Best in the game right now. Bizarro world he hasnt been the highest paid on his team ever. Guess he really is a team guy, allowing for flexibility. Hope wade takes a substantial dip in pay and bosh does aswell but not nearly as much.

lakerspng
07-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Out of curiosity, how much would you pay Wade and Bosh per year?

Fair market value I think is Wade 12-15 and Bosh 15-18 (because of age/injuries Bosh should get more even though Wade can be far more impactful in a game when he's healthy).

I think staying with the Heat (for loyalty's sake) they should take the bottom end of that and to another team, the top end of that.

Bosh right now, if he were taking meetings and listening to offers would certainly get a contract in the neighborhood of 4/72-80

RoundMoundOfReb
07-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Fair market value I think is Wade 12-15 and Bosh 15-18 (because of age/injuries Bosh should get more even though Wade can be far more impactful in a game when he's healthy).

I think staying with the Heat (for loyalty's sake) they should take the bottom end of that and to another team, the top end of that.

Bosh right now, if he were taking meetings and listening to offers would certainly get a contract in the neighborhood of 4/72-80

Which is what they'll get. Actually, i wouldn't be surprised if Wade got more than 15.

Sarcastic
07-02-2014, 05:53 PM

Wade is still worth more than $15 million per year. He was still 14th in the league in PER. When healthy, he can still be a dominant player, and you have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will find a way to get healthy again, especially for all he has done for the Heat organization. He should be making at least $18 million a year for the next 2 years. After that, he can be bumped down into the low $10s

ILLsmak
07-02-2014, 05:59 PM
And when throughout his career he was never the highest paid player in the team?

lol, well everyone was like Heat are gonna opt out and restructure their contracts so they can get more talent. So it's interesting that he's like nah max. That's why people are surprised, and making Wade and Bosh take less.

Who knows if he wants the max or not though, dudes could just be making up shit.

-Smak

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
LeBron says doesn't care about money and then asks for a max deal. Hyprocite much? It's pathetic, he's such a sad human being.

You're back to your serious, non trolling version... looking stupid as ****

Haymaker
07-02-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm a LeBron detractor but I agree that he deserves the max. He should be getting the highest salary in the league.

Goldrush25
07-02-2014, 06:12 PM
LeBron says doesn't care about money.

Yeah I'd bet my left nut he never said that.

EllEffEll
07-02-2014, 06:19 PM
The way the CBA is currently structured, it's very difficult to be the highest paid player in the league, and also be on a contender.

As long as he keeps winning (or being in contention to win), LeBron can make plenty in endorsements that will close that gap, or maybe even exceed it.

Looks like he's exploring the power of his pimp hand. We'll see who blinks first, and what happens when they do.