PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Boozer's Amnesty is a "Done Deal" (Sun-Times)

fpliii
07-02-2014, 10:14 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28445671-419/carlos-boozers-time-with-bulls-all-but-over.html

RoundMoundOfReb
07-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Is he good? Can MIA get him?

Seriously though, I think he ends up in Miami.

Levity
07-02-2014, 10:17 PM
whats the min bid an under the cap team has to bid in order to pick up an amnesty player? or is there no minimum?

Levity
07-02-2014, 10:19 PM

if no one bids on him, i definitely see him going home to MIA. but, in all honesty, if the lakers, who are under the cap, can put in a min bid, like 1.5 mil, i wouldnt mind him coming off the bench behind randle. cause i mean, why the hell not.

CHi1PriDe
07-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Send him to philly, he'll be a good mentor for the young cats there :oldlol:

D-Rose
07-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Very good sign...means Reinsdorf is not going to get in the way. Melo or not, that cap space is going to be really useful.

Nash
07-02-2014, 10:26 PM
lol, one way ticket to miami. dude lives in miami and goes there whenever he can.

SpecialQue
07-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Carlos Boozer? More like Carlos Loser.

Jameerthefear
07-02-2014, 10:29 PM
is that a good source?

LoneyROY7
07-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Get ready for that rebuild, Knicks fans.

CHi1PriDe
07-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Get ready for that rebuild, Knicks fans.

Damn, a front court of barg/boozer/stat is downright scary :(

But who's ready to hop on the Boooooooooooooze Cruuuuiise :cheers:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Damn, a front court of barg/boozer/stat is downright scary :(

But who's ready to hop on the Boooooooooooooze Cruuuuiise :cheers:

Finally got a beast down low to throw the ball to! :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: Dey scared now!

nathanjizzle
07-02-2014, 10:43 PM
boozer is actually really good. he would make miami alot better.

Heavincent
07-02-2014, 10:44 PM

Good. He sucks.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Great. Now hopefully he dies of dysentery and takes Stuckey with him to hell.

Meticode
07-02-2014, 10:49 PM
If they do this I imagine Bulls fans doing this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

flipogb
07-02-2014, 11:11 PM
the cheap Bulls don't do this without feeling confident about getting Melo

Yankstar
07-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Defensive Midget :rolleyes:

LoneyROY7
07-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Melo to Chicago is just great for the NBA. Can't wait.

http://i.imgur.com/KSKvSEz.jpg

fatboy11
07-02-2014, 11:17 PM
If no one bids on him, it's hard to imagine him not making a bee-line to Miami for the vet minimum.

Meticode
07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Melo to Chicago is just great for the NBA. Can't wait.

http://i.imgur.com/KSKvSEz.jpg
It would be great to see everyone on all cylinders and healthy, Thibs needs to stop running players into the ground. Players laways have nagging injuries for his team the last few years that keeps them from being full potential.

Noah
Gibson
Anthony
Butler
Rose

...is nice and I can't wait for the rest of Thib's hair to fall out from Carmelo missing assignments or getting lazy on defense. :lol

LoneyROY7
07-02-2014, 11:23 PM
It would be great to see everyone on all cylinders and healthy, Thibs needs to stop running players into the ground. Players laways have nagging injuries for his team the last few years that keeps them from being full potential.

Noah
Gibson
Anthony
Butler
Rose

...is nice and I can't wait for the rest of Thib's hair to fall out from Carmelo missing assignments or getting lazy on defense. :lol

Or Thibs helps craft Melo into a credible defender like he did to Paul Pierce in 2008. :bowdown:

Meticode
07-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Or Thibs helps craft Melo into a credible defender like he did to Paul Pierce in 2008. :bowdown:
Nah, team defense was really good.

LoneyROY7
07-02-2014, 11:28 PM

Of course, but 2008 was the the first year Pierce ever took the onus to guard the opposing team's best perimeter player. And he did so rather admirably.

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
I couldn't imagine a better fit than Carmelo and the Bulls. This has to happen. Him going back to the Knicks would be him dumping his career back into a pile of shit, one of the biggest wastes of talent we've seen in a while.

Either way, the Bulls will be great next year. If Melo decides to throw his legacy away, the Bulls will still add a healthy Rose, Mirotic, McDermott, and probably a few other supporting pieces to a 48-win team, while also getting rid of dead weight in Boozer.

PP34Deuce
07-02-2014, 11:52 PM

Paul Pierce was not a defensive liability. I have been a celtics fan since 98 during the bad years. Thibs and Doc bought him into playing consistent defense, but he was always more natural at it then Melo.

PP had very quick hands, good anticipation skills and a long wingspan.

Melo doesn't have the defensive IQ, but is a decent defender when he tries.

MellowYellow
07-02-2014, 11:55 PM

Noah
Gibson
Anthony
Butler
Rose

much better defender than Boozer, so I wouldn't imagine it would be that bad.

jzek
07-02-2014, 11:58 PM

Great, another big who can't rebound or mix it up in the low post.

BallsOut
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Bulls should trade Gibson to Pelicans for Ryan Anderson to provide Melo with room in the paint to operate as well as Rose the lanes to penetrate.

PG: Rose
SG: Butler
SF: Melo
PF: Anderson
C: Noah

:bowdown:

CHi1PriDe
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
I couldn't imagine a better fit than Carmelo and the Bulls. This has to happen. Him going back to the Knicks would be him dumping his career back into a pile of shit, one of the biggest wastes of talent we've seen in a while.

Either way, the Bulls will be great next year. If Melo decides to throw his legacy away, the Bulls will still add a healthy Rose, Mirotic, McDermott, and probably a few other supporting pieces to a 48-win team, while also getting rid of dead weight in Boozer.

OFT :cheers:

Droid101
07-03-2014, 12:01 AM
lol at everyone saying he'll make Miami better. He's like a homeless man's Bosh dude.

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Great, another big who can't rebound or mix it up in the low post.

Boozers actually a pretty good rebounder, i always hear him telling noah "give me that shit Jo" he'll be a double/double machine if he didn't have to share mins with Taj.

gts
07-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Half an hour ago

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 31m
RT @WindhorstESPN: Bulls told Carlos Boozer possibility he'll be amnestied or signed-&-traded but have made no final decision, sources said

Kingwillball
07-03-2014, 12:18 AM
lol at everyone saying he'll make Miami better. He's like a homeless man's Bosh dude.

He would be good coming off Miami's bench. HE can at least put the ball in the basket. With that said would not spend any major money on him.

VIntageNOvel
07-03-2014, 12:20 AM
bran's new go to guy :applause:

el gringos
07-03-2014, 12:21 AM
If they were going to amnesty him why would they offer anything but the full max they could for Carmelo. That's like saying oh we like you a lot, we will put pictures of you up on your trip. But we think your not a max guy

LoneyROY7
07-03-2014, 12:22 AM
If they were going to amnesty him why would they offer anything but the full max they could for Carmelo. That's like saying oh we like you a lot, we will put pictures of you up on your trip. But we think your not a max guy

It's time to come to terms that Melo is indeed heading to Chicago.

D-Rose
07-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Who said they won't offer Melo the most they can give him?

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Re unite him with ak47 and DWill but don't think they can bid since they're over cap

hawkfan
07-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Milwaukee, Orlando or Atlanta could bid for him.

boozehound
07-03-2014, 12:46 AM
he was great with lebron the first time

niko
07-03-2014, 05:05 AM
Amnestying Boozer doesn't allow Chicago to offer the max. How come bulls fans don't know this?

Blue&Orange
07-03-2014, 06:03 AM
lol, one way ticket to miami. dude lives in miami and goes there whenever he can.
i can't wait for Lebron to turn him into a corner 3 point shooter.

Dengness9
07-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Amnestying Boozer doesn't allow Chicago to offer the max. How come bulls fans don't know this?

Plenty of Bulls fans do know that. You're just being sensitive.

Remember when you said Chicago wouldn't amnesty Booz? And I told you they will for sure? Bulls haven't done it yet, but will if they can't trade him like I said.

Melo is gonna stay anyway and take the max. And we'll know money is more important than winning. That salary will be deadly to the Knicks. And they will continue to not contend for the remainder of his contract.

Trentknicks
07-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Plenty of Bulls fans do know that. You're just being sensitive.

Remember when you said Chicago wouldn't amnesty Booz? And I told you they will for sure? Bulls haven't done it yet, but will if they can't trade him like I said.

Melo is gonna stay anyway and take the max. And we'll know money is more important than winning. That salary will be deadly to the Knicks. And they will continue to not contend for the remainder of his contract.
Phil's openly said that if Melo comes back he wants him to take less than the max, you know that. You're just being sensitive.

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 09:03 AM
i can't wait for Lebron to turn him into a corner 3 point shooter.

true, if Boozer goes to the Pistons, there goes the whole Melo going to the Bulls thing.

Y2ktors
07-03-2014, 10:34 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28445671-419/carlos-boozers-time-with-bulls-all-but-over.html
I'm hoping for a S & T, which would give the Bulls more flexibility.

Lebron23
07-03-2014, 10:37 AM
He and Deron needs to thank Jerry Sloan. They put up better numbers when they played under his pick and roll system.

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 11:00 AM
He and Deron needs to thank Jerry Sloan. They put up better numbers when they played under his pick and roll system.

I mean, it shows that Boozer is extremely coachable and gets paid for it.

but his natural talent has been tapped and the ceiling has shown.
which is just really his height and size.

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Nah, Boozer just aged poorly and did not adjust his body and game as he declined.

TheReturn
07-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Nah, Boozer just aged poorly and did not adjust his body and game as he declined.
This. When Boozer arrived at Chicago he couldn't defend, but he wasnt this awful. Anyway it looks like shit is about to get real in Chicago next year, can't wait.

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 11:13 AM

his body just can't put on that much weight and deal with the physicalty without his knee being blown out probably.

it's why Zach Randolph is a lot more valuable.

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
his body just can't put on that much weight and deal with the physicalty without his knee being blown out probably.

it's why Zach Randolph is a lot more valuable.
It's what I meant. Boozer is way shorter than Randolph, different games too.

He should have shed a few pounds since he wasn't going to be a factor in the low post anyway. At least he could still be killing defenses with some PNR or pick and pops. Not svcking so much on defense would also keep him on the court some more.

He just never listened to trainers when they tried to get him change his workout routine a bit. He's been stubborn about it since at least his Utah days (didn't follow much of him in CLE tbh) and he's now paying for this.

All reports confirm he's a hard worker, he just wasn't able or willing to change his game and guys his size with his type of game don't remain relevant in the league for long.

Randolph is much bigger than him (taller, higher reach), more skilled in the post and more willing to bang, there's no comparison really.

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm goin to miss boozers emotions on the court. He's always the first one to get off the bench to high five during timeouts. Only complained a couple times why he gets benched in the 4th. Overall, he's just a good teammate to have.

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 11:39 AM
It's what I meant. Boozer is way shorter than Randolph, different games too.

He should have shed a few pounds since he wasn't going to be a factor in the low post anyway. At least he could still be killing defenses with some PNR or pick and pops. Not svcking so much on defense would also keep him on the court some more.

He just never listened to trainers when they tried to get him change his workout routine a bit. He's been stubborn about it since at least his Utah days (didn't follow much of him in CLE tbh) and he's now paying for this.

All reports confirm he's a hard worker, he just wasn't able or willing to change his game and guys his size with his type of game don't remain relevant in the league for long.

Randolph is much bigger than him (taller, higher reach), more skilled in the post and more willing to bang, there's no comparison really.

Boozer can't play the SF position because he isn't fast enough, won't really be able to get past anyone driving, let alone a dribble pull up.

I wonder if this was on his scouting report for the reason as to why he was drafted in the 2nd round.

makes it into the league, gets taught how to play the PF position, got paid big bucks for doing it.

the rest is history.

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm goin to miss boozers emotions on the court. He's always the first one to get off the bench to high five during timeouts. Only complained a couple times why he gets benched in the 4th. Overall, he's just a good teammate to have.
You can just get Robert Sacre to do exactly the same for like 20 times less money and without the annoying screaming.