PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA team without an NBA Championship deserves one most

G.O.A.T
07-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Here are my top five

5. The Nuggets - They've won ten division titles but they've never even been to an NBA finals. Seems like, other than a short period in the early 90's the Nuggets are always competitive, they have pretty good fans and a few sweet retro uniforms.

4. The Magic - Even though they were just an expansion team 25 years ago, the Magic and their fans have been through a lot of heartbreak. Losing in the '95 and '09 finals hurt, but losing their franchise center shortly after in both cases probably hurt more. Throw in the injuries to Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill and it gets pretty rough to still believe as a Magic fan.

3. The Jazz - I hate the Jazz, but they deserve a title. Those fans in that small city (for a pro sports team) are amazing. They've supported some real bad teams, but mostly have been a model franchise with lots of loyal career guys you can only picture in a Jazz uniform. Two finals appearances and fifth best winning percentage all-time says a lot.

2. The Pacers - They did win three ABA titles, but they've come up just short every time they've had a chance in the NBA. Nine division titles and eight conference finals appearances, great fans in the heartland of basketball. Their teams are always built around balance and teamwork more than individual stars, which as much as I like, may be why they've yet to win one.

1. The Suns - Could of won in '76, could have won in '93, could have won in '07. They've had great teams in every era. Great players too. Between 1989 and 2010 they had just two losing seasons. From Connie Hawkins to Paul Westphal to Walter Davis, KJ and Chambers, Barkley, Kidd, Nash Marion and Amare, Phoenix is always up-tempo and always likable. With 2 Finals appearances, six division titles and nine conference finals berths, the Suns should be set. Only the Lakers, Spurs and Celtics have a higher winning percentage, here's to the Suns gettin' in done.

JohnFreeman
07-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Kings. We got fvcked once

G.O.A.T
07-02-2014, 10:47 PM

Technically you have a Championship though. It's 63 years old, but the franchise has one. Due for another...sure maybe.

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Cavs.

Those die hard fans have been put through hell. That city is as loyal as any, but they continually get screwed over. First the Browns stolen from them. Lebron promising a title and then leaving. In the 15 seasons since returning to the NFL as an expansion team in 1999, the Browns have had two winning seasons and made one playoff appearance. The city's teams have endured a drought, having not won a championship title since the Browns won in 1964. Although the Browns won that game, it occurred two seasons prior to the first Super Bowl.

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2014, 10:48 PM
This. Redemption for 02 is still in order.

T_L_P
07-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Cavs.

Those die hard fans have been put through hell. That city is as loyal as any, but they continually get screwed over. First the Browns stolen from them. Lebron promising a title and then leaving. In the 15 seasons since returning to the NFL as an expansion team in 1999, the Browns have had two winning seasons and made one playoff appearance. The city's teams have endured a drought, having not won a championship title since the Browns won in 1964. Although the Browns won that game, it occurred two seasons prior to the first Super Bowl.

He said NBA team, not city.

The Cleveland Cavaliers fans haven't done shit to deserve a ring, neither has the franchise.

JohnFreeman
07-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Technically you have a Championship though. It's 63 years old, but the franchise has one. Due for another...sure maybe.
Yeah but as the Sacramento Kings.

gasolina
07-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Was actually explaining to a friend who's new with the NBA how bad the 2002 rig job was. Tried finding stuff in youtube but almost everything had that stupid "fix you" song in the background.

I told him it was worse than '06, and maybe 10x worse the rigging you see nowadays

To this day, I think the kings have never recovered from that series.... what happens next is Webber gets injured, then I think Stojakovic gets traded... then the Kevin Martin era which was never supposed to be.

Not saying the Kings weren't at fault (they did draft Diogu, McCants, Jimmer) but I think the fanbase suffered too much that they just gave up on the Kings.

Ne 1
07-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Aww poor Queens fans still holding on to their unfounded conspiracy theories. Here's a good thread for you: www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335485&page=3

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 10:59 PM
He said NBA team, not city.

The Cleveland Cavaliers fans haven't done shit to deserve a ring, neither has the franchise.

Cavalier fans are very loyal.

russwest0
07-02-2014, 11:04 PM
The Thunder.

/thread

LoneyROY7
07-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Los Clippers, meng.

NugzFan
07-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Another "who is your favorite team?" Thread.

Meticode
07-02-2014, 11:12 PM
"Deserving" is something that is different for each person across the board. You'll have people who feel cities or teams that are in a championship drought or have never won one will deserve it. Someone mentioned Cleveland.

Then you'll have people who feel other teams that were cheated of the championship are deserving.

Ask for me, I don't want to say "deserving" but personally I'd like to see the Jazz win one. They got a tough draw getting the Bulls twice in a row and the greatest player of all time.

Cleveland? I don't know.

alanLA92
The Thunder.

/thread

They still have the Sonics history, so they do have one title 35 years ago.

Something to add: Jazz have made around 25 of the last 31 playoffs, that's pretty awesome but have not won it all once.

D-Rose
The Thunder.

/thread
:facepalm

Meticode
07-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Another "who is your favorite team?" Thread.
For most? Probably, my post doesn't reflect this.

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
The Thunder.

/thread

The bombings were horrible.

You fans have truly been through a lot.

EwingMan
07-02-2014, 11:20 PM
1. The Suns - Could of

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/george-costanza-no.gif

Rose'sACL
07-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Cavalier fans are very loyal.
what? before lebron got drafted they were last in the league in attendance and after lebron left, they have been below 15th three years out of four.
they were top 5 in attendance in all years when lebron was there other than his rookie year when they were 9th but still up from the 30th place they were the year before.

Droid101
07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
LOL yeah the refs made your players shit the bed in overtime in game seven. Nice try bitch. Game five and game six cancel each other out, you asshole.

Jazz deserve shit. **** them.

http://img.opposingviews.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/300x250/attachments/0004/6693/fishfancopy.jpg

joeyjoejoe
07-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Clipps, worked their asses off played better team ball last season under doc, Blake and dj improved dramatically then they get screwed by the refs, the NBA where the amazing happens, yeah right

Legends66NBA7
07-03-2014, 12:21 AM
http://nbaobserver.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/wethenorth.jpg

http://www.blogto.com/upload/2014/04/20140419-590RAPTORS-13.JPG

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/sports/raptors/2014/04/27/passion_the_difference_between_nets_raptors_fans/raptor_fans.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

http://wpmedia.sports.nationalpost.com/2014/05/toronto_raptors-5.jpg

http://img.vavel.com/raptors-article-7449057595.jpg