PDA

View Full Version : LeBron will not be a member of the Miami Heat next season

Kidbasketball20
07-02-2014, 11:26 PM
"Bosh is looking to sign a five-year deal worth between $80 million and $90 million while Wade is thinking along the lines of $55 million-60 million over four years, sources said.

Those figures, combined with a max-level contract that would begin at $20.7 million for James, would not clear the cap room it would likely take to sign free-agent targets such as Kyle Lowry, Luol Deng and possibly Pau Gasol."

The Heat do not have the pieces to contend with the state of Wade.

Adding Luol Deng and even Gasol (who is highly unlikely to sign with the Heat) does not fix the main problem with the team. The PG situation.

If they were smart they'd trade for Jeremy Lin (and steal him away from the 76ers).

But LeBron's best team is not the Miami Heat if we're talking talent wise. There are at least 4-5 other teams (including teams like the Suns/Mavs) who would be a better team compared to the Heat if they added LBJ as a weapon.

With Lowry resigning to the Raptors, I see no way LeBron stays in Miami.

JohnFreeman
07-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Hate to say it, but Wade isn't worth the big bucks anymore

Kidbasketball20
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM

Wade wants at worst 55 million over 4 years.

Beastmode88
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Wade wants at worst 55 million over 4 years.

He's gonna miss every back to back and expects that kind of money? :biggums:

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Even after a horrid finals...

17.8ppg, 3.9rpg, 3.9apg, 50%, 37.5%, 76.7%. 34.7 minutes a game. (Playoff averages)

They made the FINALS and lost. It happens. It's not as if Jordan was on the team. Magic, Bird, Kobe and many others have lost in the finals.

I'd say Wade is still worth a pretty penny.

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2014, 11:32 PM

17.8ppg, 3.9rpg, 3.9apg, 50%, 37.5%, 76.7%. 34.7 minutes a game. (Playoff averages)

They made the FINALS and lost. It happens. It's not as if Jordan was on the team. Magic, Bird, Kobe and many others have lost in the finals.

Wade can't even play back to backs

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Wade can't even play back to backs

:facepalm

Yes, he can. He didn't to preserve himself.

And there are no back to backs in the playoffs. He played every game and played 35 minutes a night.

Byobob
07-02-2014, 11:36 PM
I don't get why there are people who seem to believe that the Heat needs to improve their roster. They have the best player in the world and a not so bad line-up.

Perhaps because it's the offseason?

BlazerRed
07-02-2014, 11:37 PM

And there are no back to backs in the playoffs. He played every game and played 35 minutes a night.
:biggums:

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't get why there are people who seem to believe that the Heat needs to improve their roster. They have the best player in the world and a not so bad line-up.

Perhaps because it's the offseason?

They want a virtually guaranteed title.

Including their "best player in the world."

Meticode
07-02-2014, 11:38 PM
How much is he worth to you? And why is he worth that much to you?

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2014, 11:39 PM

And look what happened when he got to the end of the post season

If he played back to backs in the season, he would've imploded in the 2nd/3rd round instead of the finals.

If you're a team like the Phoenix Suns, how much would you really pay a guy like Wade who can only play 2/3rd of the season? You really think they would pay him big bucks considering his health?

Byobob
07-02-2014, 11:40 PM

Well, to me he is still the best player in the world. I'm a stan. But I think their lineup is enough to get a title.

JohnFreeman
07-02-2014, 11:40 PM
How much is he worth to you? And why is he worth that much to you?
Maybe 4 years/40 million. Even his defense is lacking these days

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 11:42 PM
And look what happened when he got to the end of the post season

If he played back to backs in the season, he would've imploded in the 2nd/3rd round instead of the finals.

If you're a team like the Phoenix Suns, how much would you really pay a guy like Wade who can only play 2/3rd of the season? You really think they would pay him big bucks considering his health?

If the Heat weren't so stacked and the east wasn't so weak, I am thinking Wade would've played more meaningless regular season games. The Heat coasting during the regular season in such a horrid conference was a foregone conclusion.

stalkerforlife
07-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Well, to me he is still the best player in the world. I'm a stan. But I think their lineup is enough to get a title.

Yes, it is.

Cocaine80s
07-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Chalmers would be so relieved if they got Lin to be the new whipping boy

PP34Deuce
07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Chris Bosh will be tough for pay cut.

I see wade taking a pay cut due to his legacy pretty much carved as a top 40 Alltime NBA player. He's made a lot of money on endorsements and salary.

Bosh is what he is. He's a fringe HOF player who has a chance at still making a impact to carve his legacy. He also doesn't have the endorsements that Bron and Wade have.

If I were Bosh, I'm not taking a pay cut of 12-13 millions.

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 11:48 PM
LOL at Wade and Bosh looking for 30-33 mil/yr combined. Lebron needs to get the **** out. Go to Phoenix.

kamil
07-03-2014, 12:10 AM

Dat entitlement.

toxicxr6
07-03-2014, 12:11 AM
This board is insane!
Before the finals this year there was a thread ranking the players in the series...
Most people had wade ranked 2nd behind lebron.. Over every SAS player.. Now the same people are saying he should sign for half the pay.. Because he had one bad series.. And let's face it.. Everybody but lebron had a bad finals for Miami..
He then opts out of 40M/2 years to try help the team.. People saying he should sign for 40M/4 years.. Just crazy!! No way he takes a pay cut like that.. He would already have some sort of an agreement over how much he is getting paid when he opted out of that.. 55M/4 years sounds fair.. He was going to get 40M/2 years.. So that the ballpark of what his contract will be...
And if lebron/bosh/wade all sign for the amounts that seem likely... That means Miami will have around 9M to spend.. But that will be over 7 roster spots..so everybody at the minimum.. That won't be any better than this years roster.... Chris Anderson is looking for a Payrise anyways.. Where will the heat get any big man at that price????
The longer this goes on the more likely it is lebron moves on..

jrong
07-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Well, I hope that Heat fans blame LeBron because there's no way Bosh or Wade should be expected to sign for less money than their LAST contracts when they're entitled to higher maximums for this one.

LeBron demanding the max shows he's no longer willing to sacrifice for the team, as they all did in 2010. Wade and Bosh should take less, but no less than 15 M per.

And James can go and see if he can win titles anywhere else but Miami. My money says no.

rhowen4
07-03-2014, 01:36 AM
It'd be cool to see lebron on a team like the suns but he isn't gonna leave Miami

Marlo_Stanfield
07-03-2014, 04:20 AM
Chalmers would be so relieved if they got Lin to be the new whipping boy
Only that LEBron would LOVE playing with Lin.
top5 fastbreak player in the league, fastest PG, ELITe passer, great defender.
everything Chalmers is not:applause:

russwest0
07-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Just resign Bosh and then use the Wade money to get about 3-4 solid free agents

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 04:27 AM
why do Heat fans arrive to the game late, and leave the game early?

aj1987
07-03-2014, 05:59 AM
Maybe 4 years/40 million. Even his defense is lacking these days
LOL! You think he opted out of 2 years $44M to sign a 4 year $40M contract?

Minus 3 games in the Finals, Wade was pretty decent in the playoffs.

Marlo_Stanfield
07-03-2014, 06:43 AM
LOL! You think he opted out of 2 years $44M to sign a 4 year $40M contract?

Minus 3 games in the Finals, Wade was pretty decent in the playoffs.
you are such a freaking retard.
he had 3 good games vs Indy and thats that.
he sucked donkey boner but you arent a heat fan anyway.
Jawstan:coleman:

aj1987
07-03-2014, 07:02 AM
19/4/4/2 on 52/39/79. Yeah, those are horrible numbers, right?

He played like shit during the Finals. That's a fact. Also, LOL @ your LeBron dicksucking ass talking about others not being team fans.

How is Lin doing, BTW? :oldlol:

Trollsmasher
07-03-2014, 07:17 AM
:lol

Marchesk
07-03-2014, 07:44 AM
I don't get why there are people who seem to believe that the Heat needs to improve their roster.

You must have missed the finals. We're not talking about the Heat losing a contested 6 or 7 game series. They got run off the court. James put up good numbers on high efficiency, and it didn't matter.

Seriously, how can Miami hope to beat whatever team comes out of the West going forward? They still have a good shot at making it out of the East, but this past series showed their flaws and age.

The lineup needs to be revamped.

DukeDelonte13
07-03-2014, 08:01 AM
He just needs to play with Kyrie, Wiggins, and Dion :oldlol:

i do think it's kinda weird that Wade and Bosh don't know what Lebron's going to do. Very reminiscent of 2010. Lebron was playing pickup bball at the Cle practice facility like a day or two before the decision and still no team mate on the cavs knew what he was doing.

OnFire
07-03-2014, 08:04 AM
If the Heat weren't so stacked and the east wasn't so weak, I am thinking Wade would've played more meaningless regular season games. The Heat coasting during the regular season in such a horrid conference was a foregone conclusion.

Yeah, the Heat coasted through the Western conference too at a 20-10 clip.

OnFire
07-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Keep quoting Know-nothings like Broussard and Windhorst who have to make new stuff up every day to make you look at their twitters and have something to talk about.

r15mohd
07-03-2014, 08:39 AM
He just needs to play with Kyrie, Wiggins, and Dion :oldlol:

i do think it's kinda weird that Wade and Bosh don't know what Lebron's going to do. Very reminiscent of 2010. Lebron was playing pickup bball at the Cle practice facility like a day or two before the decision and still no team mate on the cavs knew what he was doing.

why are the teammates supposed to know?

I don't get why you all feel Lebron owes it to the team/org to give them something in return when he's fulfilled his contract. he didn't owe it to the Cavs and he doesn't owe it to the Heat. a contract is exactly that...he fulfilled it and no where within it says he has to inform the org/team prior to.

also, Miami is well aware he's a complete FA now just as the Cavs were in 2010...if they lose on him, so be it. we know he has the option to leave, if he ups and goes without any type of S&T or what have you, that's fine and is his right. could he be generous and do a S&T if he chooses another suitor...we'd welcome it. however, if he doesn't...we'll figure out a way to rebuild after, whether it means complete overhaul or other modes.

bagelred
07-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Wade's regular season scoring average last 6 years.

Uh...anyone else notice a pattern?

I wouldn't pay Wade big money, but we all know Riley will...but it's a mistake. He's clearly on down curve, and his health gets more questionable every year. He was basically missing in the Finals.

Guys like Wade will always get paid, but we know he'll sign a 4 year deal huge money deal, and probably play in only 2/3 of those games and put up mediocre numbers.

mistergreens
07-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Wade's regular season scoring average last 6 years.

Uh...anyone else notice a pattern?

I wouldn't pay Wade big money, but we all know Riley will...but it's a mistake. He's clearly on down curve, and his health gets more questionable every year. He was basically missing in the Finals.

Guys like Wade will always get paid, but we know he'll sign a 4 year deal huge money deal, and probably play in only 2/3 of those games and put up mediocre numbers.

There is no choice but to pay Wade big money. He just opted out of 2-years $40MM+, so he has to get at least that over a new 3-4 year deal. The Heat can't let Wade opt out, and then lowball him if Lebron wants a max. Wade MUST be offered at LEAST what he was giving up, albeit over longer years.

bagelred
07-03-2014, 09:10 AM
There is no choice but to pay Wade big money. He just opted out of 2-years $40MM+, so he has to get at least that over a new 3-4 year deal. The Heat can't let Wade opt out, and then lowball him if Lebron wants a max. Wade MUST be offered at LEAST what he was giving up, albeit over longer years.

What? Says who? All Riley has to do is approach Lebron and tell him the truth..."if we give all this money to Wade, how are we going to get players you need?" What, I thought this was capitalism...Lebron is gonna cry because his BFF gets a huge payday when he shouldn't?

Wade should be a man and retire. lol.

aj1987
07-03-2014, 09:15 AM
What? Says who? All Riley has to do is approach Lebron and tell him the truth..."if we give all this money to Wade, how are we going to get players you need?" What, I thought this was capitalism...Lebron is gonna cry because his BFF gets a huge payday when he shouldn't?

You want a guy averaging 20/5/5 on 54% to retire? :oldlol:

aboss4real24
07-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Wade is finished as a superstar

there mite b 5 or 6 Games in the reg season where he'll play like a superstar

and 1 or 2 games in the playoffs

But now hes just a Good player thats injury prone

SuperCereal
07-03-2014, 09:29 AM
19/4/4/2 on 52/39/79. Yeah, those are horrible numbers, right?

He played like shit during the Finals. That's a fact. Also, LOL @ your LeBron dicksucking ass talking about others not being team fans.

How is Lin doing, BTW? :oldlol:
:applause:

mistergreens
07-03-2014, 09:31 AM

Riles/Heat would not do the greatest franchise player in history dirty like that. Wade has a guaranteed $40MM+ over two years - you don't think he had a handshake agreement with Riley that he'd recoup that if he opted out? You think Riles would pull the okey-doke on Wade and be like, he Dwyane, take a paycut but we got you....PSCYHE!!!! PEACE OUT WADE, SUCKER!!!

C'mon - Wade will get his 40MM+, likely more, over more years. This is a fact.

Nash
07-03-2014, 09:35 AM
If Miami were to make a basketball decision to make the team better, I'd say trade Wade. Bosh is needed in the front court. Wade and Cole for Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson.

Then sign and resign

Boozer
Marion
Xavier Henry
Allen
Haslem
Ennis
Oden
James Jones

mariodeathgrip
07-03-2014, 09:47 AM

What players lost the most finals?

chocolatethunder
07-03-2014, 09:56 AM
If Miami were to make a basketball decision to make the team better, I'd say trade Wade. Bosh is needed in the front court. Wade and Cole for Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson.

Then sign and resign

Boozer
Marion
Xavier Henry
Allen
Haslem
Ennis
Oden
James Jones
All those players are borderline decent players or guys on the downside of their careers. I don't see Miami getting better, I see them getting worse. They had a nice run but it's over. Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson aren't big difference makers with that lineup with or without Lebron. Holiday isn't a pass first three point threat. Miami is going to need to rebuild. It's apparent that no free agent wants to take a pay cut to play there or at least no young ones. They need to strip down and rebuild. I feel like this is the end of the line for Riley. I think he's the best executive in the history of basketball but I think his time has come. It happens to everyone. I think he's losing touch and I think his press conference was strange. He'll probably assemble a team that's competitive this year and maybe for several years and who knows maybe a 1 seed but their best days are behind them. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it. Lebron is still balling is face off but Wade is in serious decline and Allen didn't look to hot either. With Bosh it's more difficult to say because he gets less looks but I don't think he can put up 25 a game again. I feel like Riley pulled off a huge coup to get all three there and that will be his last hurrah.

Shade8780
07-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Wade's a scrub. He should take a short-term contract from the Heat for 6-8 million a year, or just go play in Chicago.