PDA

View Full Version : So if Duncan wins another ring with Gasol...

IllegalD
07-03-2014, 12:02 AM
So if Duncan wins another ring with Gasol we can use that to devalue the worth of his ring as it pertains to Duncan's legacy, right? :confusedshrug:

Jesus, how stacked would that team be. "Built not bought", right...? :lol

4 future HOFs (Duncan, Manu, Parker, Gasol). Potentially 5 when all is said and done when you include Leonard.

HOF coach in Pop.

How much help does Duncan need...?:facepalm

Connor B
07-03-2014, 12:13 AM
The retardedness of your sentiments in terms of you comparing the Spurs to the Miami Heat ala super powers joining up are so is so mind blowing it is honestly flabbergasting.

AnaheimLakers24
07-03-2014, 12:13 AM
pau is staying.

Meticode
07-03-2014, 12:16 AM
:facepalm Comparing Duncan+Manu+Parker who were all drafted by the Spurs and brought up through the failures and victories of winning together versus the Heat who had all three of its star players sign 3 year deals with their former teams on planning to join together because they felt the couldn't win if they didn't?

Okay, that's comparable [sarcasm]. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with what the Heat did, but there certainly isn't anything ****ing wrong with how the Spurs are built considering none of those players went to greener pastures as they aged barbecue they believed their best fit was what they already had.

moe94
07-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Duncan's career surpassed Bean. Let it go.

To the dudes above who are talking about the Heat, I think homie is talking about Kobe. I might be wrong, though.

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2014, 12:17 AM
pau is staying.
U soundin' lyke Real14, mah nikka

Beastmode88
07-03-2014, 12:17 AM
TD is 38 years old bro. Let it go Kobe's been done since he was 32.

T_L_P
07-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Do Kobe stans go around PM'ing each other new ways to make Kobe look good? I swear, all of them have hopped on this "future HoF" bandwagon.

Kobe obviously needs a lot of help to win now though. I mean, he couldn't even got a top 6 seed with three Hall of Famers on his side. :eek:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Agreed. Same if Kobe wins with Nash.

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Do Kobe stans go around PM'ing each other new ways to make Kobe look good? I swear, all of them have hopped on this "future HoF" bandwagon.

Kobe obviously needs a lot of help to win now though. I mean, he couldn't even got a top 6 seed with three Hall of Famers on his side. :eek:
LeBron didn't even get his 3rd ring and Kobe stans are still melting down. i remember kenneth saying he was hoping LeBron wins so that duncan doesn't get his 5th ring... now these Kobe stans are deflecting bad.

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2014, 12:25 AM
4 future HOFs (Duncan, Manu, Parker, Gasol).
It also devalues Kobe's career

He couldn't get it done w/ Shaq, Payton, and Malone, 4 future HOFs

He also barely made the 8th seed w/ Nash, Gasol, and Howard.

If Duncan gets it done w/ 4 future HOFers, he will once again accomplish what Kobe wasn't able to

Beastmode88
07-03-2014, 12:25 AM
So why does Kobe get a pass for teaming up with gasol, mwp, d12 and nash? they had a TERRIBLE season before his injury it was just disgusting. how many excuses will be given then?

T_L_P
07-03-2014, 12:31 AM
LeBron didn't even get his 3rd ring and Kobe stans are still melting down. i remember kenneth saying he was hoping LeBron wins so that duncan doesn't get his 5th ring... now these Kobe stans are deflecting bad.

kenneth is mental patient. He said he'd rather be banned from the site because the urge to come here and rave about Kobe is too strong, and he hoped the NBA's talent level decreases to make sure Kobe's top 5 rank remains intact.

It's nuts. Duncan is winning rings whilst Kobe talks the media about how pissed off he is at that, and his stans are still talking shit. :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2014, 12:34 AM
kenneth is mental patient. He said he'd rather be banned from the site because the urge to come here and rave about Kobe is too strong, and he hoped the NBA's talent level decreases to make sure Kobe's top 5 rank remains intact.

It's nuts. Duncan is winning rings whilst Kobe talks the media about how pissed off he is at that, and his stans are still talking shit. :oldlol:
Did Kobe say he's upset about that? :biggums:

T_L_P
07-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Did Kobe say he's upset about that? :biggums:

Yeah, he said he's pissed at the prospect of Tim getting #6 before him.

:oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Yeah, he said he's pissed at the prospect of Tim getting #6 before him.

He didn't say "Duncan's rings don't weigh as much as mine" like the Kobetards on here? :biggums: Who woulda thunk :lol

houston
07-03-2014, 12:40 AM
he wins with Gasol that just another title for Duncan and Gasol thats it

Ne 1
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM

True, but he won back to back titles with just 1 borderline future HOF teammate and 3-peated with just 1 future HOF teammate, so what's your point? Plus, Malone got injured during the WCFs vs the T-Wolves, he was hobbled and limping around during the Finals and was unable to contribute due to his injury and was a non factor, not really fair to include him.

T_L_P
07-03-2014, 12:54 AM
True, but he won back to back titles with just 1 borderline future HOF teammate and 3-peated with just 1 future HOF teammate, so what's your point? Plus, Malone got injured during the WCFs vs the T-Wolves, he was hobbled and limping around during the Finals and was unable to contribute due to his injury and was a non factor, not really fair to include him.

Whilst this is true, this whole "future HoF" thing is pure nonsense.

Manu averaged 9 PPG on the Spurs in 03: future Hall of Famer so that means Duncan had an overwhelmingly good teammate

Odom averaged 12 PPG on the 09 and 10 Lakers: not a Hall of Famer, not worth mentioning.

I'm not saying it's you, but this whole criteria is stupid. Just compare the individual production. Saying Shaq during the three-peat is the same as Manu in 2014 because they are both Hall of Fame players is absurd. Shaq was twice the player.

talkingconch
07-03-2014, 12:58 AM
why are you guys even replying to this thread? its a bad troll job

gts
07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
why are you guys even replying to this thread? its a bad troll job

best question in the thread

Milbuck
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Can't wait to hear all the dumbass arguments for why Duncan isn't top 5 even with a 6th ring.

SpecialQue
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM

If Duncan gets it done w/ 4 future HOFers, he will once again accomplish what Kobe wasn't able to

I have never understood how this is a knock on Kobe and not Shaq, especially since he was supposed to be "the man" on those Laker teams.

Also, once again, as someone who watched every single game during the Kobe/Gasol/Nash/Dwight season, Kobe was the person who dragged that team into the playoffs. I don't see why it's his fault that nobody else stepped up, and why none of them get shit for not being able to win a single playoff game when Kobe got injured.

ottooooooo
07-03-2014, 01:05 AM
why are kobe stans all so insecure?

SpecialQue
07-03-2014, 01:06 AM
why are kobe stans all so insecure?

All stans are insecure.

IllegalD
07-03-2014, 02:14 AM
So what I was able to gather from this thread...

ISH is filled with hypocritical/double-standard Duncan Stans.

The same people that bring up Gasol as a way to diminish Kobe's 2 "the man" rings now are trying to backpedal and act like adding an only slightly past his prime Gasol for the mid-level to a defending champ wouldn't make them just absolutely more stacked than any "super team" Kobe has ever had around him.

I love it.

:roll:

This is the beauty of free agency... Makes the Stans flip flop worse than pancakes and show their true colors. :applause:

Lebron23
07-03-2014, 08:14 AM
So what I was able to gather from this thread...

ISH is filled with hypocritical/double-standard Duncan Stans.

The same people that bring up Gasol as a way to diminish Kobe's 2 "the man" rings now are trying to backpedal and act like adding an only slightly past his prime Gasol for the mid-level to a defending champ wouldn't make them just absolutely more stacked than any "super team" Kobe has ever had around him.

I love it.

:roll:

This is the beauty of free agency... Makes the Stans flip flop worse than pancakes and show their true colors. :applause:

Even your fellow lakers fan hates a stan like you.

OnFire
07-03-2014, 08:26 AM
I never get why most fans have been mad at the Heat.

It must boil down to: 1) Fans of teams that wish LeBron went there or 2) Teams that can't even keep 1 star because their city and organization are so bad.

Because I DAMN sure know it must not be:

Celtics fans, who did the big 3 already....

Can't be KNICKS fans, even though they fall into category 1 as well, but they TRIED to make a big 3 but their first 2 pieces of Melo and Amare took them no where.

Can't be Laker fans... they been buying titles via adding to their superstars since adding Kareem from Minnesota... But they tried to make a Big 3 with Kobe Nash and Howard, sorry Laker fans that it was a fat old fail but don't get mad because another team chose the correct 3.

Can't be Bulls fans and Rockets fans because they are presently trying to copy the Big 3, even though nobody could really take Howard seriously or James Harden seriously as a complete basketball player. Houston should trade for Amare and the Bulls can have Melo and both teams can continue to be failures.

Spurs fans as much as they like to talk about Home Grown players, the biggest 2 difference makers in the NBA finals were Leonard, who they made a draft day trade for and Diaw who has played for 4 or 5 different teams.
Jordan Stans? Well a Jordan stan is the majority of you who only remember 6 seasons of Jordan's career. And even in so monitoring such a small part of his career, you STILL forget that when they lost Star PF horace grant all they did was sign Hall of Famer Dennis rodman to replace him. Some selective ass memories or some not so bright individuals.

La Frescobaldi
07-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Whilst this is true, this whole "future HoF" thing is pure nonsense.

Manu averaged 9 PPG on the Spurs in 03: future Hall of Famer so that means Duncan had an overwhelmingly good teammate

Odom averaged 12 PPG on the 09 and 10 Lakers: not a Hall of Famer, not worth mentioning.

I'm not saying it's you, but this whole criteria is stupid. Just compare the individual production. Saying Shaq during the three-peat is the same as Manu in 2014 because they are both Hall of Fame players is absurd. Shaq was twice the player.
Not twice.... Not thrice... Not quadrice...

Haymaker
07-03-2014, 09:33 AM
http://lifefromthenosebleeds.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/tim-duncan-deal-with-it.jpg

Marchesk
07-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Can't wait to hear all the dumbass arguments for why Duncan isn't top 5 even with a 6th ring.

MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Russell, Magic

T_L_P
07-03-2014, 10:20 AM
MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Russell, Magic

SsKSpurs21
07-03-2014, 11:32 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

that was gold and the ultimate /thread. :cheers:

Baby Arm Johnso
07-03-2014, 01:48 PM

don't let an inconvenient fact get in the way of your fallacies . . . INJURIES

Artillery
07-03-2014, 03:37 PM
don't let an inconvenient fact get in the way of your fallacies . . . INJURIES

2013 Spurs had more injuries than last year's Lakers and they still finished with a much better record. Just can't accept the fact that Kobe doesn't make his teammates better.

Malone was a 20 ppg scorer before joining LA. Turned into a scrub in the Kobe Bryant system. Payton was an all-star the year before joining the Lakers. Turned into a scrub after playing with Kobe.

Dwight was the best center in the NBA this season on the Rockets. With the Lakers, he was the scapegoat for all their failures.