PDA

View Full Version : Lebron won't return to Miami for crap free agents.

Connor B
07-03-2014, 12:34 AM
I mean that's obvious. But a lot of people on here are acting like Riley is just going to magically lure a bunch of quality guys down to Miami, yet there is nothing to indicate that will happen at all --- and obviously its super early in free agency, but some of you guys acting like its a foregone conclusion. Melo obviously not, Gortat signed, Lowry signed, Pau Gasol maybe but its still a longshot at this point. Like I'm just wondering who Miami fans think they are going to get specifically. The bench needs to be drastically improved, not just replaced, especially with Wade/Bosh declining, and I don't think it will be. At the end of the day, there's only so many people to go around.

navy
07-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Conner B thread. Good luck for the Heat.

Kingwillball
07-03-2014, 12:43 AM
I mean that's obvious. But a lot of people on here are acting like Riley is just going to magically lure a bunch of quality guys down to Miami, yet there is nothing to indicate that will happen at all --- and obviously its super early in free agency, but some of you guys acting like its a foregone conclusion. Melo obviously not, Gortat signed, Lowry signed, Pau Gasol maybe but its still a longshot at this point. Like I'm just wondering who Miami fans think they are going to get specifically. The bench needs to be drastically improved, not just replaced, especially with Wade/Bosh declining, and I don't think it will be. At the end of the day, there's only so many people to go around.

I just posted guys like Stucky,Morrow,Marvin Williams,Ariza(longshot)McRoberts,Kris Humphries,Hawes,Frye ext would all improve team greatly. All in Prime and upgrades for Role players get 3 or 4 of those guys and Heat are in business.

Hotlantadude81
07-03-2014, 01:05 AM
I just posted guys like Stucky,Morrow,Marvin Williams,Ariza(longshot)McRoberts,Kris Humphries,Hawes,Frye ext would all improve team greatly. All in Prime and upgrades for Role players get 3 or 4 of those guys and Heat are in business.

Marvin Williams greatly improve a team?

That will be the day!

Kingwillball
07-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Marvin Williams greatly improve a team?

That will be the day!

He would be a backup playing 15-20 minutes a game and playing with Lebron maybe would unlock some of his wasted potential. I rather have Ariza obviously. I think mcroberts and kris humphrirs at PF would be perfect bench guys and hawes at center would be an upgrade. Also gives heat options to play different lineups depending on team or situation.

2swift4u
07-03-2014, 01:24 AM
I have a feeling that Miami will end up with a bunch of old (almost useless) veterans just like the years before. I mean each year we hear some names who the Heat might go after and then nothing happens and everybody signs somewhere else. Because they simply have no cap space left or any good players to trade. Therefore I'd even understand it if Lebron left Miami (even though it would be a dick move since the big 3 was his idea).

Fawker
07-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Miami, the way it stays, is a Finals bound team tbh. Spurs, the way it stays is a hit or miss old team. LeBron doesn't care nor should he about changing Heat culture or personnel. LeBron just wants his due promised to him which was the selling point of him joining the team.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2014, 01:26 AM
I find the whole situation hilarious. So, he's going to be bouncing from team-to-team every three years now? Is that how this works? Wasn't this his ingenious idea in the first place?

Mr. Incredible
07-03-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm not very optimistic about the off-season.

If LeBron decides to leave, then let Bosh walk too. Sign Wade for two years, give him his money that he deserves for all he did for the franchise, and maybe he retires after that.

Then the Heat can start the rebuilding process.

SwishSquared
07-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Although they were chasing some big names, this off-season is not totally lost imo.

I think they can snag some useful guys like PJ Tucker & McRoberts. Not big names, but they should be better than some of the rotation pieces last year. Won't break the bank and fill some holes (wing player who hits corner 3s and well-rounded back-up PF). Add Ennis/Allen into the mix, and they may be set at SG/SF/PF next year.

I think they need another big who can board/contest shots and I wonder if Ed Davis is worth a look, based on length/athleticism and the fact he has shown he can contribute given regular minutes. I know his name has been tossed around, but I feel he's worth the gamble if he comes cheap. Could be an underrated pickup. Hawes can shoot, but his shooting numbers (going off article I read about him a couple weeks ago) spiked in a contract year...I think people who have similar concerns about Ariza/Lowry having great production in contract years should be concerned about Hawes. He doesn't contest at rim well and isn't a great rebounder. Hawes was on fire on spot-up 3s in Cleveland though. He seems to be out of their price range now (as does Channing Frye) as they're apparently seeking above non-tax payer's MLE.

I do think they need a better starting PG than Cole/Chalmers and I don't know if you can have Napier start right away. If they get really desperate I can see them calling HOU about Lin. For all flak he gets, I'm pretty sure he was highly rated in drives to rim, per player-tracking data. That plays into the drive-and-kick style MIA plays and he can shoot the 3. Not ideal, but at least he expires next summer.

Are those guys enough to keep the band together in South Beach? I don't know, but they at least improve depth with some youth and can play within their roles.

EDIT:
Forgot about J. Nelson. He could be a cheap pick-up as another PG, but I haven't honestly watched him in a long time. Anybody know how good he's looked past couple seasons?

RoTM
07-03-2014, 02:42 AM
They should be after Vince Carter, Marion, and Ed Davis, Okafor. Another shooter if they can swing it as well.

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 03:17 AM
well, the problem is they had already helped some veterans won rings.

which means the market for that is going dry.

players who didn't sign with them before for cheap in order to win rings
I see no reason why they would do it now unless they are getting paid the dollars for it.

Jasper
07-03-2014, 10:04 AM

I guess depending on role players , can the HEAT play a different style ????

If Riles doesn't pull it off, trust me Riles will exit quietly in about 20 months.

It's now or never , with the BEST player in the world.

OTHER WISE IT IS A FAIL

r15mohd
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Deng's still available...hopefully Miami makes that push for him

Bosh
Lebron
Deng
Wade
Napier Cole

fill with roll players...but nee to pick 2 out of Birdman Ed Davis Okafor McRoberts

FLDFSU
07-03-2014, 10:37 AM
By tomorrow everyone will be screaming how much the heat are stacked and collusion and etc.