PDA

View Full Version : Peak Odom vs Peak Kukoc

ZaaaaaH
07-03-2014, 03:14 AM
This is Serious question. Both very similar, both were under same coach, both are Champions, and both were playing under Alpha SG.

Who you got?

1987_Lakers
07-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Odom because of his defense & rebounding.

navy
07-03-2014, 03:19 AM
Id take Odom. Crazy versatility.

ZaaaaaH
07-03-2014, 03:23 AM
Id take Odom. Crazy versatility.

I was thinking the same thing it was a lot eaiser for me to just say Kukoc till I rewatched the old Bulls games again.

Kukoc can ball, and this is why I need some solid opinions.

crisoner
07-03-2014, 03:24 AM
The Goods...

Odom got us boards...drove in with the left...and hit threes for us.

Man I loved his game.

SMH

He should still be playing.

Aussie Dunker
07-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Odom because of his defense & rebounding.

I will 100% give you rebounding - in which he was great.

But I ain't giving you defense :D

I would give Odom ball handling but I would give Kukoc play making.

Odom had a higher peak the Kukoc,

Kukoc was a better shooter,

I'd say Odom wins this, not by much though...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-03-2014, 03:48 AM
I will 100% give you rebounding - in which he was great.

But I ain't giving you defense :D

I would give Odom ball handling but I would give Kukoc play making.

Odom had a higher peak the Kukoc,

Kukoc was a better shooter,

I'd say Odom wins this, not by much though...
Are u ripped? Odom was a way better defender

Ill take Odom as said versatility etc. Toni was very good one of my fave 90s player stretched the floor like a 4 even tho he was technically a 3, mad skills on offense too

LA Lakers
07-03-2014, 03:52 AM
As if Toni Kukoc wasn't a versatile player with exceptional ball handling and scoring power, too. People must not know that Krause was gonna give Toni Kukoc Scottie Pippen's job. The Slavs have always been some of the best international players.

Aussie Dunker
07-03-2014, 03:56 AM
Are u ripped? Odom was a way better defender

Ill take Odom as said versatility etc. Toni was very good one of my fave 90s player stretched the floor like a 4 even tho he was technically a 3, mad skills on offense too

Yeah I agree with you mate - I never said Kukoc was better than Lamar on D, truth is neither of them were very good on this side of the ball...

I always loved watching Kukoc play, he was so unorthodox,

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Yeah I agree with you mate - I never said Kukoc was better than Lamar on D, truth is neither of them were very good on this side of the ball...

I always loved watching Kukoc play, he was so unorthodox,
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
Odom was the best defender on the Lakers for their 3x finals runs:biggums: :biggums:

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 04:35 AM
what are Carmelo Anthony's chance on winning the MVP as a powerfoward?

I don't know if Kukoc could run a unit as good as Odom
where I think Pippen may win slightly with an edge over Odom on this subject.

it's where I have Odom for his versatility, probably between these two players. being closer to Pippen because of the versatility at his size.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-03-2014, 04:37 AM
what are Carmelo Anthony's chance on winning the MVP as a powerfoward?

What??

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 04:44 AM
What??

he's about 30 years old, I think he still has a chance at it between now and when he turns 32.

he proved that he can get you 8 boards a game last season.

tell me historically, a 28/8/4 or 30/8/3 for a Power Forward is not an MVP type candidate season.

ZaaaaaH
07-03-2014, 04:49 AM
he's about 30 years old, I think he still has a chance at it between now and when he turns 32.

he proved that he can get you 8 boards a game last season.

tell me historically, a 28/8/4 or 30/8/3 for a Power Forward is not an MVP type candidate season.

Where is LeBron?

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 04:52 AM
Where is LeBron?

somewhere between sacrificing for team play as well as being on the bandwagon for Melo winning the MVP once for his career.

plowking
07-03-2014, 04:52 AM
Are people serious with these picks?

Kukoc was a better player. He had insane handles for someone that tall. Not just good at protecting the ball, but he had legit moves to get around players. His passing and playmaking is on another level compared to Odom. Seriously, dude was like Ginobili with his passes. You'd be watching him and he'd make the craziest between the legs, behind the back, etc look easy. I'd actually say Ginobili molded a lot of his game on Kukoc.

Kukoc was better.

ZaaaaaH
07-03-2014, 05:35 AM

Kukoc was a better player. He had insane handles for someone that tall. Not just good at protecting the ball, but he had legit moves to get around players. His passing and playmaking is on another level compared to Odom. Seriously, dude was like Ginobili with his passes. You'd be watching him and he'd make the craziest between the legs, behind the back, etc look easy. I'd actually say Ginobili molded a lot of his game on Kukoc.

Kukoc was better.

Yea more I observe Kukoc more I believe he was better then Odom

Reggie43
07-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Peak? Easily Odom for anyone who watched them both play.

kc16
07-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Both were very good but I as well think Odom had the better peak and was the better player.

AirFederer
07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
The non meth head

Jasper
07-03-2014, 09:58 AM
As if Toni Kukoc wasn't a versatile player with exceptional ball handling and scoring power, too. People must not know that Krause was gonna give Toni Kukoc Scottie Pippen's job. The Slavs have always been some of the best international players.
toni by a mile , even if they played 1 on 1 , he would destory ODdom

SuperCereal
07-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Kukoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtTeIbAYmQ

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 10:27 AM
toni by a mile , even if they played 1 on 1 , he would destory ODdom

if we made it a 50 point game 1 on 1 do you still feel the same way?

my killer instinct

:biggums:

tmacattack33
07-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Slightly similar, but not that close. Odom all the way. When you think of the offense you have a debate. On defense there is no debate.

pauk
07-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Gimme Kukoc.

dreamwarrior
07-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I feel like Odom never really fulfilled his potential. The guy had the tools to be a superstar but his best effort was 6th man of the year

dreamwarrior
07-03-2014, 02:34 PM

Kukoc was better.
Kukoc was fundamentally amazing. Odom was scoring his best in his first 2 years as a Clipper. It seemed like he was supposed to keep improving towards 20-22ppg but other teams got him and changed him into a rebounder.

OldSchoolBBall
07-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Odom was better due to better penetration ability and overall scoring, rebounding, and defense (especially defensive versatility). Kukoc was a better shooter, better passer (though Odom was good too), and smarter player.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Kukoc for sure.

I like Odom's all-around play better, but dude was beyond inconsistent. Some nights he'd look like Scottie Pippen and others, Smush Parker.. :oldlol: