PDA

View Full Version : Open Court "You remind me of"

Nikola_
07-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Most interesting parts...

Isiah: Magic would be center today :biggums:

Kenny : Many stars from todays era wouldnt be stars in the 80s (everbody went silent, but he didnt say names)

Kerr : Todays NBA is better, defense is much more improved, schemes etc.
He also said nobody played any defense in the 80s.

No full video yet

Milbuck
07-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Kenny is so full of shit and everyone there knew it. I only saw the clip by itself, but I really want to see the whole episode for some context.

The guy is pretty knowledgable about the game, but it's time like this when he comes off as a delusional, nostalgia-driven idiot. He seriously thinks superstars, not even just stars, outside of Kobe and Lebron would be average players in the 80s. I want him to go up to Westbrook, KD, CP3, etc and try this crap.

JohnFreeman
07-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Kenny forgets he was a role player

BoutPractice
07-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Is that Isiah "Jerome James is a good NBA player" Thomas? Or Isiah "Larry Bird would not be seen as anything special if he were black" Thomas?

How can you have Magic Johnson on your team and not use him as your primary playmaker... in any era?

Should he give up the point guard position to the likes of Brandon Jennings?

andgar923
07-03-2014, 07:15 AM
Kenny is right tho.

Many "stars" wouldn't be that in previous eras.

Coaches would sit they're ass down if they played the same back then. They also wouldn't be tough enough mentally to be "stars".

And other current stars will have their stats drop as well.

Simply put, different styles, different mentality, different set of skills needed to play back then.