PDA

View Full Version : Report: LeBron James has left Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh in the dark about his future

UK2K
07-03-2014, 07:23 AM
"The decisions of Bosh and Wade to opt out of the final two years and $42 million of their contracts were sparked by their desire to add better players in an effort to entice James to stay in Miami, one source said.

Bosh is looking to sign a five-year deal worth between $80 million and $90 million while Wade is thinking along the lines of $55 million-60 million over four years, sources said."

On a related note, I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that Bosh wants between $16 and $18 million, and is not even considering taking anything less despite earlier reports.

But here's the kicker, what if Lebron takes a one year deal, and next year goes to play with Melo in NYC when they will have the cap space to sign James and several other FA's of their choosing? Melo and Lebron in NYC with another fringe all-star and several solid role players, not to mention several rookies and (if they plan to tank) a potential top 10 pick from this upcoming draft, with Phil at the helm? Sounds like a plan to me.

Knicksfever2010
07-03-2014, 07:28 AM
http://h.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/codesign/slideshow/2012/12/1671481-slide-slide-2-the-amazing-ny-knicks-logo-that-should-have-been_1.jpg

UK2K
07-03-2014, 07:33 AM
You may just be right...

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Dragon \ Ennis
Bledshow\ Green machine
LeBron \ P.J. Tucker \ T.J Warren
Morris \ Morris (Frye?)
Plumdog \ Len

+ Cap Space for another MAX Melo / Love?

You're fooling yourself if you think Miami or Knicks can get a better lineup around LeBron.

Smook A.
07-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Chris Bosh is on that methamphetamine if he thinks he should get that type of money

Rameek
07-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Knicks dream. We would be in position to add some FA's. I just can't see LBJ being so calculated and willing to be hated even more.

BlazerRed
07-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Dragon \ Ennis
Bledshow\ Green machine
Morris \ Morris (Frye?)
Plumdog \ Len

You're fooling yourself if you think Miami or Knicks can get a better lineup around LeBron.
Phoenix are the best option.

UK2K
07-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Dragon \ Ennis
Bledshow\ Green machine
Morris \ Morris (Frye?)
Plumdog \ Len

No not this year; but next year absolutely. With the cap room they'll have...

Plus its NYC and not phoenix. Plus its the eastern conference.

Knicksfever2010
07-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Lebron James winning ONE championship in NYC will trump any amount of championships Jordan or Kobe won. The knicks havent won in over 40 years. Look at how Messier is reveered in new york. Basketball is INFINITELY more popular in ny. Melo/lebron winning in NY would be like clyde and earl monroe winning. Those guys are legends.

I'm getting wet just imagining the Knicks winning the CHIP at MSG. That place would literally shake. I need to go to work, otherwise I would fap all day just thinking about it. ahhhh

PJR
07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Keep believing Chris Broussard. :oldlol:

beastee
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Why do people think Lebron and Melo want to play together....They play the EXACT same position? This concept makes no sense. Lebron is getting too old to play a large point man and really he can't keep up with the great speed point guards of this league. If Lebron plays on the Knicks, Melo will not be there. It is just that simple.

Heatles201
07-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Dragon \ Ennis
Bledshow\ Green machine
Morris \ Morris (Frye?)
Plumdog \ Len

As much as i love my Heat watching Bledsoe/LeBron combo would be a sight to see tbh.

Dragonyeuw
07-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Why do people think Lebron and Melo want to play together....They play the EXACT same position? This concept makes no sense. Lebron is getting too old to play a large point man and really he can't keep up with the great speed point guards of this league. If Lebron plays on the Knicks, Melo will not be there. It is just that simple.

Lebron would slide over to the 4 if he and Melo played together.

ralph_i_el
07-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Lebron would slide over to the 4 if he and Melo played together.
If they played together it wouldn't matter who was the nominal 4. Also they'd need a big 2 guard who can check 3's

lilgodfather1
07-03-2014, 12:22 PM
How is PHX retaining Bledsoe, and getting LeBron, and having room for another max fa? CBA will simply not allow it.

Where as Cleveland can run out a line up that has an all star PG, a rookie superstar in the making, LeBron, Love, and Varejao.

Which team is better again?

lilgodfather1
07-03-2014, 12:50 PM
they can retain bledsoe using his bird rights, and still sign lebron to a max deal. In order to sign 2 max deals, they would have to move some people around, but it could get done.
When someone offers Bledsoe a contract, and if he accepts, that money is counted against the Suns cap until they decline it. Doubtful they decline it, so it is not a likely thing. The only way it could happen is if no one offers him a contract, how likely is that?

Real14
07-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Tha word "Lebron" and tha word "left"should never leave anybody surprised, those two wordz simply deserves each other for eternity:no:

DaSeba5
07-03-2014, 01:16 PM
You are going to here all different reports from the media. Don't believe it until it officially happens.

HurricaneKid
07-03-2014, 01:35 PM
How is PHX retaining Bledsoe, and getting LeBron, and having room for another max fa? CBA will simply not allow it.

Where as Cleveland can run out a line up that has an all star PG, a rookie superstar in the making, LeBron, Love, and Varejao.

Which team is better again?

Bledsoe's cap hold is <4M.

They have ~35M + can dump any number of young players quite easily.

I didn't realize Cle had Kevin Love. I thought they were writing a max offer for Howdy Doodey child star Gordon Hayward.

HurricaneKid
07-03-2014, 01:36 PM
The only way it could happen is if no one offers him a contract, how likely is that?

No. This could happen if he doesn't SIGN A CONTRACT with anyone.

So if Milwaukee offers him a max deal and he doesn't sign it the 3 day clock does not start.