PDA

View Full Version : Marc Stein: Indiana Pacers have tried to engage Phoenix in trade talks for Dragic

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Suns and Pacers are discussing swapping Dragic and Stephenson.
Only link out there right now is through Marc Stein's Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

I have a contact who works with one of the Sun's player agents.

Suns looking to role out a Bledsoe/ Stephenson backcourt, very dynamic.
Pacers looking to move Hill to 6th man and to play Dragic with Miles and George

I'd rather have Dragic...

JohnFreeman
07-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Suns aren't parting with Dragic

D-Rose
07-03-2014, 10:51 AM
What the **** dude? Can you please change the bloody title. How ****ing misleading.

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Doesn't seem close to happening, why the thread title?

It would be a great trade for Indiana since they seem to be losing Lance for nothing but would Phoneix be happy with this?

A Bledsoe-Stephenson backcourt would be wild :rockon:

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 10:52 AM
This isnt official so it isn't BREAKING, its a REPORT :no:
So thirsty :facepalm

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 10:53 AM
What the **** dude? Can you please change the bloody title. How ****ing misleading.

I'm telling you what I'm hearing from someone in the know. Stein knows the same as do others, but they can't report it until they get conformation. The hold-up is Lance's contract. The Suns want him, they want a hard-nosed defensive and dynamic back-court. They like Lance's pace and style, but don;t want to pay him $10m a year - that's what he wants

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
This isnt official so it isn't BREAKING, its a REPORT :no:
So thirsty :facepalm

Breaking your heart

D-Rose
07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm telling you what I'm hearing from someone in the know. Stein knows the same as do others, but they can't report it until they get conformation. The hold-up is Lance's contract. The Suns want him, they want a hard-nosed defensive and dynamic back-court. They like Lance's pace and style, but don;t want to pay him $10m a year - that's what he wants
Oh for ****'s sake. Nobody cares about your inside source. Unless you have a link to it, change the title to "rumor".

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Breaking your heart

Yeah I kinda do want Sir Lance :cry:

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 10:56 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah let's toss away our best playes whom we're paying 7.5 per to produce 20/6 at 50%+

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Yeah I kinda do want Sir Lance :cry:
Someone would have to record those intense and deep conversations between Rose and Lance for future study.

MiseryCityTexas
07-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Suns would be stupid as shit if they did this deal.

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 11:01 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I think you're over-valuing Dragic.
He is better than Lance now, and more stable, but Lance is a better fit with Bledsoe and he's younger (23 vs 28).

I think both teams benefit from this, the Pacers are looking to reboot. They want to compete now. Suns think they are just a couple of pieces away and can compete for the next 10 years

I'll update when I get more info

Jameerthefear
07-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Are they insane?

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 11:04 AM
I think you're over-valuing Dragic.
He is better than Lance now, and more stable, but Lance is a better fit with Bledsoe and he's younger (23 vs 28).

I think both teams benefit from this, the Pacers are looking to reboot. They want to compete now. Suns think they are just a couple of pieces away and can compete for the next 10 years

I'll update when I get more info
:biggums:

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Are they insane?
Exactly, Ben Gordon was available and they do this. WTF Phoenix???

Xover
07-03-2014, 11:08 AM
NO.

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Lance @ 23
Per 36 mins
14.1 ppg
7.3 rpg
4.7 apg
49% FG
35% 3PT
71% FT
PER: 14.7
O rating: 106
D Rating: 101

Goran @ 23
Per 36 mins
15.9 ppg
4.3 rpg
6.0 apg
45% FG
39% 3PT
74% FT
PER: 14.8
O rating: 110
D Rating: 112

Goran @ 28
Per 36 mins
20.8 ppg
3.3 rpg
6.0 apg
50% FG
41% 3PT
76% FT
PER: 21.4
O rating: 119
D Rating: 109

BlazerRed
07-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Dragic >

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Lance @ 23
Per 36 mins
14.1 ppg
7.3 rpg
4.7 apg
49% FG
35% 3PT
71% FT
PER: 14.7
O rating: 106
D Rating: 101

Goran @ 23
Per 36 mins
15.9 ppg
4.3 rpg
6.0 apg
45% FG
39% 3PT
74% FT
PER: 14.8
O rating: 110
D Rating: 112

Goran @ 28
Per 36 mins
20.8 ppg
3.3 rpg
6.0 apg
50% FG
41% 3PT
76% FT
PER: 21.4
O rating: 119
D Rating: 109

This is your argument? You're as high as a kite bro...
didn't know every player evolves the same way through age... :facepalm

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Some very short-term people in this thread.

Dragic in 4-5 years will be declining, and even worse on D. Lance will be entering his prime if he doesn't end up in prison

wally_world
07-03-2014, 11:13 AM
**** no.

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 11:13 AM

It's not argument. I'm just pointing out that they weren't so far apart as 23 year olds.

I could care less if this deal happens, I don't support or follow either team. I understand that a deal like this upsets you, I'm just sharing what I know.

wally_world
07-03-2014, 11:14 AM

Dragic in 4-5 years will be declining, and even worse on D. Lance will be entering his prime if he doesn't end up in prison

Wow only 4-5 years? Why not trade the whole team for rookies (heck, highschoolers would be even better) right now? Since it's all about the future.

Xover
07-03-2014, 11:15 AM
It's not argument. I'm just pointing out that they weren't so far apart as 23 year olds.

I could care less if this deal happens, I don't support or follow either team. I understand that a deal like this upsets you, I'm just sharing what I know.

Therefore you acknowledge that it's absurd.

Johnny Jones
07-03-2014, 11:15 AM
I hope you know this is reported as being discussed by Stein, who is the second best to Woj.

Johnny Jones
07-03-2014, 11:16 AM
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/484695547266072576

Xover
07-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Indiana Pacers, I'm told, have tried to engage Phoenix in trade talks for Goran Dragic, but teams have found no common deal ground. Yet ..

bagelred
07-03-2014, 11:27 AM
The Suns can sign Lance Stephenson outright...and force Pacers to match. Why do they have to give away Dragic?

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 11:32 AM
The Suns can sign Lance Stephenson outright...and force Pacers to match. Why do they have to give away Dragic?
Clearly cause he's soon to become an old turd... :oldlol:

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
I wonder if Evan Turner would have helped this trade at all if any.

Bledsoe with Turner is probably a better fit than Hill with Turner.
which would depend on how much the Suns value Gerald Green I suppose.

that's lower assist numbers, but fast break as well as points off turn over with those 3 or 4 wouldn't be bad at all.

Dragic would play beautifully next to Hill.

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Dragon and wade (barely played and has lebron) were the only guards to shoot over 50% and avged 20 points, shoulda been an all star if he didn't play in the west. But it does kinda makes some sense they drafted a PG.

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 11:34 AM

Was going to post the same as soon as I read your point on Dragic :lol

livingby3's
07-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Hated it when the Suns traded Dragic for Brooks. I hope this trade doesn't happen, don't want a headcase on Horny's team. Besides Ennis (if not traded), can learn a thing or two under Dragic, like how Dragic did under Nash, Ennis and Goodwin will be a very dynamic backcourt in years to come. Dragic is that leader now, hopefully the Suns don't deal him

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 11:54 AM

Retain cap space, and move a duplicate asset. Suns are cheap

boozehound
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
turner is not a better fit with anyone. dude is not ever playing more than 10 mins a game in the league.

DMAVS41
07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Actually kind of like this as Dragic is expiring after next year and the Suns would have to pay considerably more for him next year than Lance seems to be on the market for right now.

I'm not sure Dragic and Bledsoe can work as a duo for a championship team either.

Actually probably the smart play for both teams over the next 5 years.

Meticode
07-03-2014, 12:53 PM
The Suns are paying Dragic $7.5 over the next couple years. There is no way in hell they're trading him when they got a steal in that contract.

So Pacers shouldn't even talk to them. You could probably offer Paul George for him straight up and the Suns aren't budging.

hawksdogsbraves
07-03-2014, 12:59 PM
The Suns must think the Pacers are a joke, what an awful trade proposal.

Trade a better player who gets paid half of what Stephenson wants for the biggest headcase in the league?

Levity
07-03-2014, 01:00 PM
The Suns are paying Dragic $7.5 over the next couple years. There is no way in hell they're trading him when they got a steal in that contract.

So Pacers shouldn't even talk to them. You could probably offer Paul George for him straight up and the Suns aren't budging.

I believe dragic has a player option next season

DMAVS41
07-03-2014, 01:35 PM

He expires after this season as there is no way he's taking his player option. He's going to get 14 million from someone next year...at least....maybe more if the tax line and cap go up as much as expected.

So no, they don't get a couple of years out of him.

Assuming the Suns are keeping Bledsoe, again, I'm not convinced that Dragic and Bledsoe works on a championship level.

I'd rather have Stephenson at 4 years 11 million or something than Dragic this year...and then for another 4 after that on the books for what I imagine is going to be around 55 million.

Meticode
07-03-2014, 01:37 PM
He expires after this season as there is no way he's taking his player option. He's going to get 14 million from someone next year...at least....maybe more if the tax line and cap go up as much as expected.

So no, they don't get a couple of years out of him.

Assuming the Suns are keeping Bledsoe, again, I'm not convinced that Dragic and Bledsoe works on a championship level.

I'd rather have Stephenson at 4 years 11 million or something than Dragic this year...and then for another 4 after that on the books for what I imagine is going to be around 55 million.
Okay.

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Not a fan of Stevenson at all, but it wouldn't shock me if the Suns did want him... But why would they just give away Dragic to get him, that makes zero sense.

They have the cap space to sign Stevenson as a free agent and then they could get a great return if they decided to trade Dragic.

Pacers should go after Rondo in a three team deal with Stevenson. No way the Celtics should sign Stevenson.

Haymaker
07-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Dragic is what the Pacers need to get over the hump. How about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5u42nq

Pacers get Dragic and Okafor and send out Stephenson and Hibbert.

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Dragic is what the Pacers need to get over the hump. How about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5u42nq

Pacers get Dragic and Okafor and send out Stephenson and Hibbert.
How much would Okafor be making with the Pacers in this scenario?

Not a crazy proposal I suppose. If the Pacers had faith in Okafor staying healthy and his deal was short, I could see it.

Not a fan of Hibbert either but he probably still has some fans around the league.

Haymaker
07-03-2014, 02:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This makes more sense. Celtics get the defensive Center they always wanted in Hibbert, Indiana gets Dragic and Phoenix pairs Rondo with Bledsoe since Dragic and Bledsoe are sort of redundant, both are scoring PG's, Rondo is a playmaker and brings championship experience.

Then the Pacers could sign and trade Stephenson for a Center.

TheGreatDeraj
07-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Seems like a good trade for both teams to me.

Bledsoe and Stepenson would be devastating on both ends of the court. This combo is a much better fit than Dragic/Bledsoe.

Dragic is just what the Pacers need as well. Sure, the Pacers might take a hit defensively, but adding a pg like Dragic would do wonders for their offense. With the wide open East, who knows, it might put them over the top.

UK2K
07-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Seems like a good trade for both teams to me.

Bledsoe and Stepenson would be devastating on both ends of the court. This combo is a much better fit than Dragic/Bledsoe.

Dragic is just what the Pacers need as well. Sure, the Pacers might take a hit defensively, but adding a pg like Dragic would do wonders for their offense. With the wide open East, who knows, it might put them over the top.

But the point is, why wouldnt PHX just sign Lance to a deal without giving up anything?

kaiteng
07-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Suns would demand a lot for Dragic.

TheGreatDeraj
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM
But the point is, why wouldnt PHX just sign Lance to a deal without giving up anything?

I'd rather keep the best two perimeter guys, get a D and 3 guy to finish out the wing and then keep my financial options open to get a big guy, maybe Kevin Love. I'm not a big fan of Kevin Love just an example.

Dro
07-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Seems like a good trade to me. Man, I didn't know Suns fans were sensitive. Also didn't know Lance was the biggest head case in the league, smh. He's definitely NOT. But he has his haters and its the same group. We get it, you hate Lance Stephenson. Who cares, he's not on your team anyway.

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Seems like a good trade to me. Man, I didn't know Suns fans were sensitive. Also didn't know Lance was the biggest head case in the league, smh. He's definitely NOT. But he has his haters and its the same group. We get it, you hate Lance Stephenson. Who cares, he's not on your team anyway.

Did you bother reading the other posts in the thread?... Obviously not. It's not a good trade for Phoenix. They can sign Lance as a free agent with their cap space without giving up the very valuable Dragic.

Indiana have no leverage at all. They only become serious trade partners if they are willing to dump Hibbert and either Phoenix or a 3rd team are interested in him.

hawksdogsbraves
07-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Did you bother reading the other posts in the thread?... Obviously not. It's not a good trade for Phoenix. They can sign Lance as a free agent with their cap space without giving up the very valuable Dragic.

Indiana have no leverage at all. They only become serious trade partners if they are willing to dump Hibbert and either Phoenix or a 3rd team are interested in him.

No, no, no, no, don't bring facts or logic into this, everyone is just being mean to the poor old Pacers for no reason :cry:

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
No, no, no, no, don't bring facts or logic into this, everyone is just being mean to the poor old Pacers for no reason :cry:
Yea, you gotta love how if a post is not outwardly positive towards your team, you must be attacking or 'hating' on them. As you said, the facts or logic should never come into it.

As for Lance, this nutcase is best remembered for blowing into Lebrons ear in his big contract year. Instead of leveraging his considerable talent, he just couldn't help himself to piss off the best player in the league. The guys a genius.

Oh and it's just a small group of Internet posters who hate on Lance... That's why there is barely any interest in him in an off season where Jodie Meeks got 20 million for three years. It's just us who have serious question marks about his mental stability.

wally_world
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM

If it 'seems like a good trade' for a Pacers fan, it's probably not a 'good trade' as well for Suns fan.

Taller than CP3
07-03-2014, 05:08 PM
If Goran goes, I go.

Suns can't do this.

Goran is one of the only original Suns left.

Goran is the heart and soul of this team.

This is Goran's TEAM.

Dro
07-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Way to exaggerate what I said. I said Lance, not the Pacers. And you do hate Lance, no shame in admitting it. It shows in all of your posts...Just an observation, no need to get upset....

Dro
07-03-2014, 05:27 PM
If it 'seems like a good trade' for a Pacers fan, it's probably not a 'good trade' as well for Suns fan.
You've got people in this very thread saying it would be a good "trade" and none of them are Pacer fans....

navy
07-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Dragon > Bledsoe?

HurricaneKid
07-03-2014, 05:32 PM
And I did read the thread, I called Suns fans sensitive because they act like its the biggest tragedy in the world to trade Dragic for Lance like Lance is half the player Dragic is or something......Hell, I'd argue that Lance is almost just as good as Dragic RIGHT NOW...Just because Dragic averaged 20ppg on a fast paced team while Lance scored lower on the team that plays the slowest pace on the planet, doesn't mean it would be some tragedy if Dragic were to be hypothetically traded for Lance....Thats what I was addressing with that....I didn't even know there were Suns fans on this site and to see 2-3 of them in one thread voicing such displeasure just caught me by surprise.....

You don't even understand why they are saying its an awful deal. They are calling Stephenson names sure, but the PRIMARY REASON IS THAT PHO IS IN A BETTER POSITION TO SIGN STEPHENSON THAN INDIANA IS. They are ~34+ Million under the cap.

Indiana offered Stephenson LESS THAN BOSTON PAID AVERY BRADLEY. If the Suns want Stephenson they can just take him. And keep their best and most exciting player.

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 05:36 PM
yeah, because I said he hates the Pacers:rolleyes: I said he hates Lance, which he does...Did I call him out his name? Did I insult his mother? No, but every post I read of his involving the Pacers or Lance, every topic, he's in the topic insulting Lance...I just call it how I see it......

No need to start the co-signing pity party, its not that serious, damn....I'm just wondering why he cares so much when the guy is not even on his team.....I thought he was the only Hawks fan out of their entire whining bunch that was decent but since I said that, he's done nothing but hate on Lance and AT TIMES, the Pacers....Why he's making a big deal out of something thats true, I don't know......:confusedshrug:

And I did read the thread, I called Suns fans sensitive because they act like its the biggest tragedy in the world to trade Dragic for Lance like Lance is half the player Dragic is or something......Hell, I'd argue that Lance is almost just as good as Dragic RIGHT NOW...Just because Dragic averaged 20ppg on a fast paced team while Lance scored lower on the team that plays the slowest pace on the planet, doesn't mean it would be some tragedy if Dragic were to be hypothetically traded for Lance....Thats what I was addressing with that....I didn't even know there were Suns fans on this site and to see 2-3 of them in one thread voicing such displeasure just caught me by surprise.....
Firstly, I couldn't give a shit about the Suns.

Secondly, you conveniently glossed over the very bone of my contention. There is no basis for a trade where Dragic and Stevenson are the primary pieces. I repeat because either you are unwilling to or just cannot comprehend this fact: The Suns have more than enough cap space to sign Lance without having to trade Dragic.

That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Hence why people are calling it a stupid trade proposal.

DMAVS41
07-03-2014, 05:38 PM
You don't even understand why they are saying its an awful deal. They are calling Stephenson names sure, but the PRIMARY REASON IS THAT PHO IS IN A BETTER POSITION TO SIGN STEPHENSON THAN INDIANA IS. They are ~34+ Million under the cap.

Indiana offered Stephenson LESS THAN BOSTON PAID AVERY BRADLEY. If the Suns want Stephenson they can just take him. And keep their best and most exciting player.

That isn't the question.

The question is whether or not the Suns are going to be willing to give Dragic a 4 or 5 year deal after next season worth around 14 million a season...perhaps more.

If they are...then they should keep him and build around him and Bledsoe.

If not, then doing a sign and trade and getting Stephenson (who would fit perfectly) seems like a really smart play.

TheReal Kendall
07-03-2014, 05:43 PM

I'm with you bud.

I'd rather have Dragic/Lance duo. Like most have said this is a horrible trade.

Everybody doesn't hate Lance but you gotta admit he do some pretty dumb things some times.

I would like to see him on the Suns though

Legends66NBA7
07-03-2014, 05:44 PM

He is.

To be honest, I don't get Eric Bledsoe's hype. I think he'll better down the road since he's younger, but I don't know if he'll ever be a very good player either.

Meticode
07-03-2014, 05:46 PM
No.

Dro
07-03-2014, 05:50 PM

I UNDERSTAND THAT. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. I'M TALKING ABOUT HYPOTHETICALLY IF THAT WERE NOT THE CASE, IF IT HAD TO BE A STRAIGHT UP TRADE, I THOUGHT I MADE THIS CLEAR IN MY POST BUT APPARENTLY NOT....ALSO WHY I PUT "TRADE" IN QUOTES IN MY OTHER POST.

TheReal Kendall
07-03-2014, 05:54 PM
I UNDERSTAND THAT. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. I'M TALKING ABOUT HYPOTHETICALLY IF THAT WERE NOT THE CASE, IF IT HAD TO BE A STRAIGHT UP TRADE, I THOUGHT I MADE THIS CLEAR IN MY POST BUT APPARENTLY NOT....ALSO WHY I PUT "TRADE" IN QUOTES IN MY OTHER POST.

http://media.giphy.com/media/KHhFBd1fLocbm/giphy.gif

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 05:56 PM
That isn't the question.

The question is whether or not the Suns are going to be willing to give Dragic a 4 or 5 year deal after next season worth around 14 million a season...perhaps more.

If they are...then they should keep him and build around him and Bledsoe.

If not, then doing a sign and trade and getting Stephenson (who would fit perfectly) seems like a really smart play.

How exactly is doing a sign and trade a smart play?

If they want Lance and are willing to dump Dragic...

You sign Lance with your cap space
You trade Dragic to a team for a quality piece/s and/or draft picks.

Sign and trade with Indiana makes zero sense.

Dro
07-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Firstly, I couldn't give a shit about the Suns.

Secondly, you conveniently glossed over the very bone of my contention. There is no basis for a trade where Dragic and Stevenson are the primary pieces. I repeat because either you are unwilling to or just cannot comprehend this fact: The Suns have more than enough cap space to sign Lance without having to trade Dragic.

That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Hence why people are calling it a stupid trade proposal.
Again, I UNDERSTAND THAT. I'm addressing the fact that if he HAD TO BE A STRAIGHT UP TRADE, people are acting like its the most lopsided trade in the history of the NBA or some sh*t.....HYPOTHETICALLY IS WHAT I'M SAYING SO THAT WE CAN COMPARE THE PLAYERS...Because if we're not going to compare the players, then we shouldn't even be talking about who's better, we shouldn't be comparing stats or any of that.....Thats why I brought up the hypothetical, if the Suns didn't have the money to sign Lance outright, I'm comparing the trade in that sense....

Dro
07-03-2014, 05:58 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/KHhFBd1fLocbm/giphy.gif
He went caps on me first.....Not his entire post but he went caps first, so I just did the same:confusedshrug:

Levity
07-03-2014, 06:00 PM

i prefer him, as well. as of right now, im not the biggest fan of bledsoe when it comes to running an offense. hes eerily similar to stephenson in the sense that they both hold on to the ball too long before making their first pass.

but then again, ive been a big fan of dragic for years now, so maybe im biased.

hawksdogsbraves
07-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Way to exaggerate what I said. I said Lance, not the Pacers. And you do hate Lance, no shame in admitting it. It shows in all of your posts...Just an observation, no need to get upset....

I do hate Lance, I'm a certified Lance hater

No disrespect to you Dro though you know I think you're a good poster and you do get a lot of undeserved shit sometimes :cheers:

DMAVS41
07-03-2014, 06:07 PM
How exactly is doing a sign and trade a smart play?

If they want Lance and are willing to dump Dragic...

You sign Lance with your cap space
You trade Dragic to a team for a quality piece/s and/or draft picks.

Sign and trade with Indiana makes zero sense.

Because you might not want what another team is offering. And this salvages your cap space to keep adding right now with players that will be there for the long haul.

Again people don't get that players on expiring contracts are not attractive pieces for other teams unless it's about the money.

Bad teams aren't going to be giving up good picks and assets for the hope that Dragic signs with them after he opts out next year.

This is exactly why Afflalo went for what he did. Nobody is trading shit for a 1 year rental possibly. Dragic is obviously a far better player, but I doubt teams are lining up to give up quality pieces and draft picks for Dragic that aren't assured he's gonna stay.

And the teams that would be interested....likely don't have the assets you are talking about.

This way it allows you to continue using that cap space on the team you are building for the future.

Other teams are going to be scared a bit by the looming price tag Dragic comes with.

Dro
07-03-2014, 06:22 PM
I do hate Lance, I'm a certified Lance hater

No disrespect to you Dro though you know I think you're a good poster and you do get a lot of undeserved shit sometimes :cheers:
Thats whats up bro...Ill go back and edit my last post about you. My bad for coming at you like that, honestly its been a long day at work and I have 6 minutes left.....no bs, thats the truth....

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Again, I UNDERSTAND THAT. I'm addressing the fact that if he HAD TO BE A STRAIGHT UP TRADE, people are acting like its the most lopsided trade in the history of the NBA or some sh*t.....HYPOTHETICALLY IS WHAT I'M SAYING SO THAT WE CAN COMPARE THE PLAYERS...Because if we're not going to compare the players, then we shouldn't even be talking about who's better, we shouldn't be comparing stats or any of that.....Thats why I brought up the hypothetical, if the Suns didn't have the money to sign Lance outright, I'm comparing the trade in that sense....

Fair enough. I think you seriously underestimate how scared other teams are of taking on a 'character' like Lance.

FlawlessVictory
07-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Because you might not want what another team is offering. And this salvages your cap space to keep adding right now with players that will be there for the long haul.

Again people don't get that players on expiring contracts are not attractive pieces for other teams unless it's about the money.

Bad teams aren't going to be giving up good picks and assets for the hope that Dragic signs with them after he opts out next year.

This is exactly why Afflalo went for what he did. Nobody is trading shit for a 1 year rental possibly. Dragic is obviously a far better player, but I doubt teams are lining up to give up quality pieces and draft picks for Dragic that aren't assured he's gonna stay.

And the teams that would be interested....likely don't have the assets you are talking about.

This way it allows you to continue using that cap space on the team you are building for the future.

Other teams are going to be scared a bit by the looming price tag Dragic comes with.

That's a fair argument. But I disagree that the Suns couldn't get something decent for Dragic. Even a mid to late first rounder is better than doing a deal with the Pacers.

Suns already have plenty of cap space and they also have a number of quality young players who are years away from needing to be paid.

ILLsmak
07-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Breaking your heart

loool, so dum. so funi.

-Smak

DMAVS41
07-03-2014, 07:01 PM
That's a fair argument. But I disagree that the Suns couldn't get something decent for Dragic. Even a mid to late first rounder is better than doing a deal with the Pacers.

Suns already have plenty of cap space and they also have a number of quality young players who are years away from needing to be paid.

I'm not saying they couldn't get anything for him...and I'm certainly not saying that they absolutely should do this.

I'm saying that it opens things up immediately to continue to add pieces....and I also assumed that the Pacers would be sending back a pick in the deal. I mean...Stephenson and a pick just makes sense to me if the Suns don't want to deal with paying Dragic next summer.

highwhey
07-03-2014, 07:14 PM
LOL

Anti Hero
07-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Awful proposed trade, more needs to be added (for Suns).

Run&Gun=Fun
07-03-2014, 08:35 PM
It's not going to happen.... The rumours started because Indiana enquired about Dragic, the reports simply decided to leave out the fact that Phoenix said no straight away.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2014/07/03/nba-trade-rumors-goran-dragic-pacers-suns/

Although maybe they do it to pledge allegiance to lebron.... Sign Lance, assign him to the D League and tell Lebron he won't bother you any more if you come play for us.

Dro
07-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Fair enough. I think you seriously underestimate how scared other teams are of taking on a 'character' like Lance.
I probably am...But I feel after Melo chooses a team, Lance will get a lot more offers...Everyone is waiting to see what Melo does.........

FlawlessVictory
07-04-2014, 12:01 AM
I probably am...But I feel after Melo chooses a team, Lance will get a lot more offers...Everyone is waiting to see what Melo does.........

That's true. Maybe the Bulls try make it happen if they strike out with Melo and Pau. Strong organisation and locker room.

I wouldn't risk it if I were the Bulls though. Just bring over Mirotic and a couple of nice role players on short contracts... Then pray Rose can stay healthy because ultimately that's all that really matters when it comes to them being successful.