:coleman: neva uze propa spellin' in a knickz thread dude

beastee
07-03-2014, 02:26 PM
So he got a full day in Chicago.
A half day in Houston.
2 hrs. in Dallas.
A morning in L.A.
& now a quick meeting with the Knicks.

Its pretty obvious. He is either Signing with the Bulls or he feels comfortable staying in N.Y. Those are the only scenarios at this point. So it comes down to winning or money.

Heavincent
07-03-2014, 02:28 PM
He'll resign if the Knicks install a grass field in MSG.

aboss4real24
07-03-2014, 02:28 PM
A half day in Houston.
2 hrs. in Dallas.
A morning in L.A.

Its pretty obvious. He is either Signing with the Bulls or he feels comfortable staying in N.Y. Those are the only scenarios at this point. So it comes down to winning or money.

knicks met with melo 1st b4 ne1

this next meeting is just a finalizing deal meetn

dr.hee
07-03-2014, 02:30 PM
A half day in Houston.
2 hrs. in Dallas.
A morning in L.A.

The best shot at winning would be Dallas though. If the Mavs could offer him the max, this would be a no brainer imo.

beastee
07-03-2014, 02:33 PM
The best shot at winning would be Dallas though. If the Mavs could offer him the max, this would be a no brainer imo.
You can't be serious? Dallas is in the west. Bulls are in the Least...He is not picking Dallas.

UK2K
07-03-2014, 02:34 PM
A half day in Houston.
2 hrs. in Dallas.
A morning in L.A.

Bulls told him they can only offer 17m...

He's not going to the Bulls. Its Knicks for the money (which isnt that much more than Houston can offer with no income tax) or Houston, where he actually has a chance to win something.

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2014, 02:37 PM
You can't be serious? Dallas is in the west. Bulls are in the Least...He is not picking Dallas.
Dallas DID force game 7 against the Spurs. They are a threat, especially w/ Melo

dr.hee
07-03-2014, 02:41 PM

I'm talking about championships, not regular season success or winning a few rounds. In that case it's Houston or Chicago. But contend? Just remember the roster Carlisle took the Spurs to 7 games with. A core of Dirk, Ellis, Melo and Chandler would be as good as anything in the league right now.

So let's leave the simple minded "West vs Least" casual fan idiocy for a moment...would you really make an objective case for Houston or Chicago being able to construct a team around Melo that's a more legit contender than the Mavs? Just don't see it. Having Dirk as a second option and Ellis able to play heavy minutes night after night would make the job for Melo incredibly easy.

Chicago looks good, too...but first of all Rose is kind of a question mark right now, and there's the risk that Melo needs to put the team on his back in the case Rose's athleticism won't come back 100%. Won't happen in Dallas. Dirk just had an all star season on the same efficiency as always. Melo won't find a better second option anywhere. Ellis has matured a lot and those three on the court together would be a matchup nightmare. Just look at the roster the Mavs had last season and how efficient their offense already was. Now add one of the premier scorers to Carlisle's system. Basketball wise, Dallas would be the best fit for Melo imo.

A healthy Bulls team could be very good, but the Mavs core with probably the second best coach in the league just looks better to me.

aboss4real24
07-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Knicks or Houston

dont understand y err1 has this bulls pipe dream

He isnt goin dere

UK2K
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Chris Herring: Hearing Carmelo will almost certainly have his decision made before the weekend is finished, according to a person familiar with the matter

bluechox2
07-03-2014, 02:47 PM
phil fisher got homes in la, its easier to meet him in la as they are also there than all flying back to ny

UK2K
07-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Knicks or Houston

dont understand y err1 has this bulls pipe dream

He isnt goin dere

Because he's a good fit, but with Rose's injury history and the lack of money the Bulls can offer, it was never going to happen no matter how many times someone suggested it.

Houston can only offer 20m, but with no income tax in Texas, Melo won't even be losing out on that much money if decided to sign with Houston instead of NYC, where the tax rate is 11% for his income bracket.

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 03:02 PM
No way Melo comes to Houston, he'll be forced to play PF again because Parsons was part of the recruiters. Their defense would be absolutely garbage. I believe he will sign back with the Knicks due to money and unfortunetly Lala will probably have a say in something. He'll be past prime when the Knicks starts to contend again and he'll be a forever loser. Just gives more motivation for my Bulls to crush the Knicks last year, mark my words :no:

aboss4real24
07-03-2014, 03:06 PM
No way Melo comes to Houston, he'll be forced to play PF again because Parsons was part of the recruiters. Their defense would be absolutely garbage. I believe he will sign back with the Knicks due to money and unfortunetly Lala will probably have a say in something. He'll be past prime when the Knicks starts to contend again and he'll be a forever loser. Just gives more motivation for my Bulls to crush the Knicks last year, mark my words :no:

Hou would b the best o# team in the nba if melo goes dere n plays PF

UK2K
07-03-2014, 03:09 PM

They were 12th in defensive efficiency last season, and Melo is clearly an upgrade defensively at the 4 over Terrence Jones, so say they become a top 10 defense with a top 3 offense.... how many other teams boast those numbers?

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Hou would b the best o# team in the nba if melo goes dere n plays PF

The rockets are already top 2 in offense, while ranking in the bottom in terms of ppg in defense. It's all about chemistry and Dwight was already complaining about lack of touches, it'll get a lot worse with Melo. C'mon, son :facepalm

Dagouch
07-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Basically it's Chicago vs New York on this. Chicago is built for now but Rose is the question mark. I'm really curious on how How Rose's workout went. If Phil can sell Melo that he will still make moves for this upcoming season I think Melo Stays but who knows.

Houston is looking like the big dumbass for their pitch to Melo in my opinon.

UK2K
07-03-2014, 03:17 PM
The rockets are already top 2 in offense, while ranking in the bottom in terms of ppg in defense. It's all about chemistry and Dwight was already complaining about lack of touches, it'll get a lot worse with Melo. C'mon, son :facepalm
Adjusted for pace, they were #12 in defensive efficiency.