PDA

View Full Version : Can cleveland even afford lebron?

Beastmode88
07-03-2014, 03:19 PM
With all these max contracts going out can they even do it if bran wanted to go back? How much money can they really throw at him at this point?

Uncle Drew
07-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Yes, we can.

HEAT111
07-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Doubt it...

DukeDelonte13
07-03-2014, 04:40 PM
yes easily. They've only signed Kyrie. They haven't made any other offers.

AnaheimLakers24
07-03-2014, 04:41 PM
hes not going back. cavs stay losing. they arent even making it to the playoffs

Meticode
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes they can. They can have a $20 million cap space.

Meticode
07-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I understand, you with hate in your heart, I talk in fragments too.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-03-2014, 05:50 PM
They have a lot of cap space and could find a way to dump Jarret Jack if they really wanted to.

Meticode
07-03-2014, 05:51 PM
They have a lot of cap space and could find a way to dump Jarret Jack if they really wanted to.
They probably will anyway when it's all said and done.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2014, 05:56 PM
With all these max contracts going out can they even do it if bran wanted to go back? How much money can they really throw at him at this point?
The Cavs could sign two more max players if they really wanted to. Kyrie's new contract doesn't begin going against the cap until next offseason. Technically, he's still working under his rookie deal for another year.

They have tons of space and could easily clear more (several guys on team options) if they really wanted to. Probably the most flexible team from a salary standpoint in the entire league.

Meticode
07-03-2014, 06:00 PM
The Cavs could sign two more max players if they really wanted to. Kyrie's new contract doesn't begin going against the cap until next offseason. Technically, he's still working under his rookie deal for another year.

They have tons of space and could easily clear more (several guys on team options) if they really wanted to. Probably the most flexible team from a salary standpoint in the entire league.
There's not a ton of stuff out there on the market though. You got Hayward and Parsons. Parsons is probably easier to pry away from Houston. I suspect the biggest player the Cavs land this off-season would be through a trade.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2014, 06:36 PM
There's not a ton of stuff out there on the market though. You got Hayward and Parsons. Parsons is probably easier to pry away from Houston. I suspect the biggest player the Cavs land this off-season would be through a trade.
Yeah, I know. I'm just making it clear how much flexibility we have because OP seemed confused about it.

I said it last night... especially when you're dealing with restricted guys like Hayward and Parsons, we're probably going to have to overpay to pry them off of their respective teams. If it is for the right guy who can really help our team in the short and longterm, I'm willing to overpay to a point.

Ideally that won't happen, though. I'd still like to make a run at Derrick Favors. The rumors were that the Jazz were making him available to move up in the draft. Maybe a young player, cap space and a future pick (we have a bunch) would be something Utah would be interested in?

It does seem like the Cavs are focusing on wings, though, which is interesting since we just drafted Wiggins.

veilside23
07-03-2014, 06:39 PM
they can but i think the cavs should really go after pau gasol...

Meticode
07-03-2014, 06:43 PM
It does seem like the Cavs are focusing on wings, though, which is interesting since we just drafted Wiggins.
I've watched a couple of David Griffin interviews and what they want are atheletic wings that are good shooters. I agree with the Favors statement. If we were somehow able to get him and nothing else changed except we lost Jack or Varejao, or Thompson or Bennett or a combination of them I wouldn't mind that.

Uncle Drew
07-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Griffin is obsessed with length. I really think Wiggins is, eventually, going to be our starting 2. Which I wouldn't like, because we have Dion, and I love me some Dion.

Finger Roll
07-03-2014, 07:54 PM

I like the chances of a playoff run, at the very least still a fun team to watch next year.

You mad they got Wiggins and Lakers got Randle?