PDA

View Full Version : Boozer should go to Houston.

Upgrayedd
07-03-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't think they're going to sign 'Melo. They should go after Boozer now that the Bulls are going to amnesty him. Re-sign Parsons.

Starting lineup next season:

C: Dwight Howard
PF: Boozer
SF: Parsons
SG: Harden
PG: Beverley

QuebecBaller
07-03-2014, 04:04 PM
If no Melo, then Bosh. If no Bosh, then Boozer

Milbuck
07-03-2014, 04:09 PM
There's only one man that can saver he Rockets now.

http://i.imgur.com/Z4sQmMF.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3tyomC4My1qzmwrxo1_250.gif

UK2K
07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
If Houston doesn't get Melo, they'll probably sign 4 or 5 players.

One would think Boozer will get a look. My guess is they'll go after Bosh first, then try to trade for Love, then look at other options.

Artillery
07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
As if the Rockets defense wasn't bad enough...

Force
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
The Houston Rockets used their amnesty on Luis Scola. That means they aren't allowed to sign a player getting amnestied by another team. Another rule people don't know about is that only teams under the cap area allowed to sign an amnestied player.

D-Rose
07-03-2014, 04:23 PM
The Houston Rockets used their amnesty on Luis Scola. That means they aren't allowed to sign a player getting amnestied by another team. Another rule people don't know about is that only teams under the cap area allowed to sign an amnestied player.
I believe if nobody bids on the amnestied player, then any team over the cap can sign them with what they have also.

Force
07-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I believe if nobody bids on the amnestied player, then any team over the cap can sign them with what they have also.

Thanks for that bit of info. It won't apply here though. If Boozer is amnestied, it's impossible that nobody would put in a bid. Absolutely impossible.

Upgrayedd
07-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks for that bit of info. It won't apply here though. If Boozer is amnestied, it's impossible that nobody would put in a bid. Absolutely impossible.

Unless Boozer himself doesn't want to sign with anyone but Houston.

Most of the contenders already have good starting PF's. Thunder/Ibaka, Heat/Bosh, Mavericks/Nowitzki, Spurs/Duncan, Clippers/Griffin.

I don't think he'd want to come off the bench. Houston makes the most sense.

Force
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM

Most of the contenders already have good starting PF's. Thunder/Ibaka, Heat/Bosh, Mavericks/Nowitzki, Spurs/Duncan, Clippers/Griffin.

If Boozer is amnestied he has NO CHOICE in the manner and has to go to whatever team gets the winning bid. Like I said, there is no way that nobody will drop in a bid, 1.75m or whatever, just to see if it can land them Boozer on the cheap.

I understand what you are saying about Boozer playing in Houston, but it doesn't sound like you understand how it works with the amnesty. Houston is not allowed to big on anybody who is amnestied.

Nash
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM
If you pick him up you have to pay him his 16m. So unless some teams feels like helping Chicago it won't happen.

Nash
07-03-2014, 04:39 PM

Bosh is as we all know a center for the last 2 years and I see no other center out there for Miami to pick up.

Miami will pick him up and he'll go there. I think Boozers family and kids live in Miami as well.

Force
07-03-2014, 04:42 PM
If you pick him up you have to pay him his 16m. So unless some teams feels like helping Chicago it won't happen.

LMAO. People need to learn how the amnesty works. Just google it.

The team that bids on him only pays what they bid for him. His fat salary will STILL be paid by CHI. The only benefit for the Bulls is that it no longer counts towards their salary cap so they can spend that money on someone else without paying huge taxes.

Force
07-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Bosh is as we all know a center for the last 2 years and I see no other center out there for Miami to pick up.

Miami will pick him up and he'll go there. I think Boozers family and kids live in Miami as well.

Guess what? Miami already used their amnesty on Mike Miller so Miami can't big on anybody getting amnestied.

Unless you think Miami is going to do a sign and trade and actually be responsible for Boozers final year of his fatty contract?

D-Rose
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
You don't have to pay them the whole contract. You pay them what you bid...the original team pays the difference (majority of deal).

Levity
07-03-2014, 04:47 PM

nope.

Levity
07-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Guess what? Miami already used their amnesty on Mike Miller so Miami can't big on anybody getting amnestied.

is that accurate? im referring to the part about teams who used their amnesty not being able to bid for amnesty players. i thought only teams under the cap can bid, whether or not they used their amnesty clause.

D-Rose
07-05-2014, 09:33 PM
It turns out that this rule is not true. I tweeted to Larry Coon asking if that is the case and he said "no"

You can bid on an amnestied player if you have cap space...whether you have amnestied a player before does NOT matter.

Just wanted to clarify and share what he said. :cheers:

HiphopRelated
07-05-2014, 09:44 PM
is that accurate? im referring to the part about teams who used their amnesty not being able to bid for amnesty players. i thought only teams under the cap can bid, whether or not they used their amnesty clause.
That's not true