PDA

View Full Version : Who is the biggest ring chaser of all-time?

Fudge
07-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Juwan Howard? Gary Payton? Ray Allen? LeBron James?

Who is it?

SouBeachTalents
07-03-2014, 09:20 PM
From your list probably Payton

Mr Exlax
07-03-2014, 09:21 PM

Who is it?

How is one who's won 2 FMVPs a ring chaser? He's the leader of the team. Every player in the NBA is a ring chaser if trying to win is the goal.

Beastmode88
07-03-2014, 09:21 PM
GP

sdot_thadon
07-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Hell, Every player should be a ring chaser I'd think.

miles berg
07-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Robert Horry

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 09:23 PM
How is one who's won 2 FMVPs a ring chaser? He's the leader of the team. Every player in the NBA is a ring chaser if trying to win is the goal.
thats what makes lebron the worst. he won't stick it out with the team he has, he has to leave his team mid contract to go to a sure thing. no will to over come adversity, just give him the easiest path.

and all the reports are that he only wants a 2 year max deal so that he can do this again in 2 years.

sdot_thadon
07-03-2014, 09:26 PM
thats what makes lebron the worst. he won't stick it out with the team he has, he has to leave his team mid contract to go to a sure thing. no will to over come adversity, just give him the easiest path.

and all the reports are that he only wants a 2 year max deal so that he can do this again in 2 years.
Or, you can say he's the 1st modern superstar to use the cba and free agency to it's full potential......

Fudge
07-03-2014, 09:27 PM

:dancin

fpliii
LeBron if he signs with the Rockets (his agent met with them today).

Mr Exlax

If he's leading his team in every statistical category, that's not real easy to do. For sure that can't be the easiest path. Oh and I'm OK with him jumping from team to team. Organizations shuffle through players daily so why not a player have the power for a change?

SpecialQue
07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Look at Shaq's post-Laker career if you want to see some truly desperate ring chasing.

Mr Exlax
07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Or, you can say he's the 1st modern superstar to use the cba and free agency to it's full potential......

Exactly. This that same shit I tell you and kea about all the time when I say the slaves and slave masters. They shuffle through players all the time and nobody cares. A player shuffles through teams and now it's a problem.

Milbuck
07-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Look at Shaq's post-Laker career if you want to see some truly desperate ring chasing.
Pretty much this, surprised no one has mentioned him.

west_tip
07-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Robert Horry

No. Not even.

He was drafted by the Rockets then traded by them to Phoenix and thereafter traded to the Lakers. That accounts for 5 of his rings and sure he joined the Spurs as a free agent but that was after the Lakers had deemed him surplus to requirements following the 2003 postseason. What was he supposed to do, join a lottery team just because? I would've joined the reigning champs too if I was in his shoes.

Nowitness
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Maybe Tim Duncan.

sdot_thadon
07-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Exactly. This that same shit I tell you and kea about all the time when I say the slaves and slave masters. They shuffle through players all the time and nobody cares. A player shuffles through teams and now it's a problem.
Yup.
So with that said I got a serious question for you guys, cause the op question was bull. Why does "ring chasing" (going from team to team) cause such a stink, even though when it's past prime guys doing it they don't get full credit anyway?

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 09:41 PM
loyalty is not just to the team ownership and management and the players, its also to the fans. who the hell would root for a hired mercenary who only goes for the easiest kill to add to his totals.

sdot_thadon
07-03-2014, 09:44 PM
loyalty is not just to the team ownership and management and the players, its also to the fans. who the hell would root for a hired mercenary who only goes for the easiest kill to add to his totals.
The next team he plays for.

moe94
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM

Teams don't have loyalty, so why should players? They're treated like chess pieces but the moment one of them decides to affect their destiny, they're bad? Fvck that.

sdot_thadon
07-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Teams don't have loyalty, so why should players? They're treated like chess pieces but the moment one of them decides to affect their destiny, they're bad? Fvck that.
Bingo. And really do fans have loyalty when they watch teams screw over these players time and time again and still support said team blindly?

diamenz
07-03-2014, 09:49 PM
lebron.

because as the best player in the world, you don't do what he did.

The-Legend-24
07-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Bran

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 10:07 PM
The next team he plays for.
thats why the Heat fans are called bandwagon fans. so who's next

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 10:09 PM
next question, would you consider lebron a 'franchise player' if he can't even stick to a single situation as long as its not perfect for HIM to win another ring and jumps from franchise to franchise in search for the next easy path to add to his ring total. and in that path of jumping from team to team he destroys relationships like he did with wade and bosh. how do you think the heat fans feel if he leaves them hanging. are they still lebron fans? would dallas and san antonio fans have more love for their franchise player than the heat fans.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 10:21 PM
http://www.bodyartclan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/lebron_james_hs4ay.jpg

Mr Exlax
07-03-2014, 10:21 PM
next question, would you consider lebron a 'franchise player' if he can't even stick to a single situation as long as its not perfect for HIM to win another ring and jumps from franchise to franchise in search for the next easy path to add to his ring total. and in that path of jumping from team to team he destroys relationships like he did with wade and bosh. how do you think the heat fans feel if he leaves them hanging. are they still lebron fans? would dallas and san antonio fans have more love for their franchise player than the heat fans.

So he's wrong for leaving Cleveland? How can you say the relationships are ruined with Wade and Bosh? You're speculating. I'll say he's a franchise player. A few years of being a legit contender is better than none.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 10:23 PM
A hired mercenary not the cornerstone of your franchise for years to come a la Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki.

He'll see you have what he wants to get what he wants, he'll come, he'll play, maybe win. As soon as the chances decline, he's outta there and on to the next one. Not even gonna show you the curtsey of giving you a year or two to fix it to his satisfaction.

The biggest band wagoner there ever has been.

Mr Exlax
07-03-2014, 10:24 PM
http://www.bodyartclan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/lebron_james_hs4ay.jpg

I don't think Loyalty is for a money making business. I'm thinking it's more about friends and family.

Mr Exlax
07-03-2014, 10:26 PM
A hired mercenary not the cornerstone of your franchise for years to come a la Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki.

I'd take that hired gun 9 times outta 10. With Dirk and Duncan they had really good front offices and coaches. I don't have that on the Rockets.

sdot_thadon
07-03-2014, 10:47 PM
thats why the Heat fans are called bandwagon fans. so who's nextit is what it is. Player fans.

I don't see any situation where the face of any league isn't a franchise guy......He appears to have his goals locked in and will do whatever it takes to get there. He's not a traditional star at all in that sense. As a sports fan I didn't like the Miami move at 1st, it had to grow on me. But besides that what can you do? Cry about it on a message board for 4 years like some guys here? He's become a better player and won 2 rings in the process, I can't really question his judgement any more. If he does leave again, it's his legacy and destiny in his hands. That's possibly even more high stakes than leading your team to rings, doing it your way. What can be better than that?

knicksman
07-03-2014, 10:53 PM
of course the only player who ringchased in his prime

dubeta
07-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Kobe is the GOAT ringchaser

heck the first thing he ever did was hold the Hornets ransom to sabotage his way to the Lakers who had a GOAT organisation

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 11:00 PM
what gets me is that its not about the team even if the team is making huge sacrifices to accommodate his needs. its all about LeBron with LeBron. its all about adding to LeBron's legacy. He feels as if he ends up with less rings than MJ or Kobe, he wouldn't be on par with them. Its not about his talent, its about how many rings he has in his head. And he'll do whatever it takes, stab whoever in the back to get what he wants - the next ring. Its all about LeBron's legacy with LeBron. Its not about the team, its not about the team mates and the friends, its not about the fans, its all about Lebron's legacy to LeBron.

dreamwarrior
07-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Malone and Payton. They went to L.A. and still couldn't get it done.

Black and White
07-03-2014, 11:10 PM
More recently, Shaq

Killbot
07-03-2014, 11:16 PM

Who is it?

Not cool Fudge.

Payton was traded to the Bucks. If he wasn't, he probably would have stayed in Seattle for the rest of his career there.

Allen going to 1 championship team doesn't make him the biggest ring chaser.

buddha
07-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Hell, Every player should be a ring chaser I'd think.

how do idiots like this even figure out how to find this place?

SupermanOnSteroids
07-03-2014, 11:20 PM
If Lebron's career was a video game, it would be just like Super Mario. Instead of chasing the princess, he's chasing the ring. And instead of Bowser at the end falling into the lava pit and ending his life because of Mario it would be Wade, Bosh, and Riley who die because of Lebron. Finding the 'maid' (or whatever she is called) at the end of the level instead of the princess is comparable of going 2/5.

sdot_thadon
07-03-2014, 11:38 PM
how do idiots like this even figure out how to find this place?
I guess since your post consisted of only an insult, apparently your dumb ass didn't have one single thought of your own to add to the thread. Keep it moving. It was sarcasm and a bit of reality. Everyone should be playing to win titles. Simple. Plain.

Just2McFly
07-04-2014, 12:29 AM
LeBron if he signs with the Rockets (his agent met with them today).
this f*ck boy shit needs to stop, lebron... the best player joining a team that cannot get out of the first round makes him the biggest ring chaser of all time? go sit in a corner and use your brain next time

OmniStrife
07-04-2014, 01:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oCTy1.jpg

played0ut
07-04-2014, 01:20 AM

Pretty much this, surprised no one has mentioned him.

heh. I thought that.

2004 - 2008 with the Heat I don't count. He wasn't ring chasing he was money chasing.

No comment on the rest.

houston
07-04-2014, 01:34 AM
easy Gary Payton........Bron ain't a ring chaser he made the Heat into a contender.

JonatanRey
07-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Payton by a mile.

GimmeThat
07-04-2014, 04:18 AM
Pat Riley

Phil Jackson

in no particular order.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Pat Riley

Phil Jackson

in no particular order.

Example of him ring chasing?

GimmeThat
07-04-2014, 04:30 AM
Example of him ring chasing?

I failed, because he left the Lakers to try and win with the Knicks

only the Knicks didn't win one.

I guess you're not really a ring chaser if you don't end up winning one huh.

but wait....

LALakerFan4Life
07-04-2014, 04:34 AM
Kobe is the GOAT ringchaser

heck the first thing he ever did was hold the Hornets ransom to sabotage his way to the Lakers who had a GOAT organisation
:wtf: :facepalm

Smook A.
07-04-2014, 04:34 AM
Post-LA Shaq

Robert Horry

Gary Payton

Derek Fisher

RoundMoundOfReb
07-04-2014, 05:11 AM
I failed, because he left the Lakers to try and win with the Knicks

only the Knicks didn't win one.

I guess you're not really a ring chaser if you don't end up winning one huh.

but wait....

Dat ring chasing to a 39 win team :bowdown:

Kvnzhangyay
07-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Post-LA Shaq

Robert Horry

Gary Payton

Derek Fisher

Don't forget karl malone :rockon: on the Laker team

But yeah, Payton's my choice

played0ut
07-04-2014, 05:31 AM
Don't forget karl malone :rockon: on the Laker team

huh? He played for the Jazz his entire career and played one year for the Lakers at 40 years old.

Unless you mean physically. Then yes, he's probably one of the biggest ring chasers :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2014, 05:32 AM

Didn't Riley replace SVG in 06 during the season when the team was doing really well and lookin like contenders?

GimmeThat
07-04-2014, 05:44 AM

John Starks made an all star team?

but on a serious note though, would Phil Jackson/Larry Brown coaching the sixers current squad considered ring chasing though?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Didn't Riley replace SVG in 06 during the season when the team was doing really well and lookin like contenders?
They were underachieving big time. Started off 11-10 and I'm pretty sure Shaq and SVG didn't like each other. Don't remember for sure though.

GimmeThat
07-04-2014, 05:56 AM
They were underachieving big time. Started off 11-10 and I'm pretty sure Shaq and SVG didn't like each other. Don't remember for sure though.

so snack mamba is SVG in disguise?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-04-2014, 05:58 AM
so snack mamba is SVG in disguise?
Or Dwight is Shaq in disguise :oldlol:

r15mohd
07-04-2014, 05:58 AM
what gets me is that its not about the team even if the team is making huge sacrifices to accommodate his needs. its all about LeBron with LeBron. its all about adding to LeBron's legacy. He feels as if he ends up with less rings than MJ or Kobe, he wouldn't be on par with them. Its not about his talent, its about how many rings he has in his head. And he'll do whatever it takes, stab whoever in the back to get what he wants - the next ring. Its all about LeBron's legacy with LeBron. Its not about the team, its not about the team mates and the friends, its not about the fans, its all about Lebron's legacy to LeBron.

This is a flawed thought as any team Lebron plays for is likely a title contender...so though he's looking out for his legacy, everyone on the team reaps the benefits of that title contention. Which most likely, they didn't have before...another thing, who's gonna turn down the opportunity to play with Lebron, answer to that is NO ONE!!!

And stop the hyperbole...he's yet to stab anyone in the back. He's fulfilled all his contacts and exercised options available to him. As a Heat fan, he brought 4 finals and 2 titles in the 4 years he's been here...if he leaves, it was one of the best 4 year deals every to pan-out in NBA history. We enjoyed it now sit back pay Wade (as much as I don't want to) on a 2yr-50mil deal and tank for the 2016 FA

Stringer Bell
07-30-2016, 06:03 PM
A couple of years later, where does David West rank here?

stalkerforlife
07-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Lmao

SexSymbol
07-30-2016, 06:29 PM
LeBron, Durant, Barkley, Shaq, West

Jasper
07-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Kareem

he left Milwaukee, because he knew Lakers were loading, and 80% of his rings are from their.

Nilocon165
07-30-2016, 08:53 PM
Kevin Durant

RoseCity07
07-31-2016, 06:44 PM
Durant and it's not ever close.

stalkerforlife
07-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Some great masquerading in this thread.

As if we don't all know who it is. :lol

Real14
07-31-2016, 07:47 PM