PDA

View Full Version : Now that Kobe is trying...

Prometheus
07-03-2014, 09:47 PM
...to recruit Carmelo, does that shatter the idea that he is somehow above colluding with other superstars?

MaxFly
07-03-2014, 10:06 PM
...to recruit Carmelo, does that shatter the idea that he is somehow above colluding with other superstars?

Carmelo is a "superstar?"

TheMarkMadsen
07-03-2014, 10:09 PM
He wasn't even at the meeting..

Besides theres a difference between a proven winner at 36 years old coming off injury wanting to play with an all star and a prime MVP wanting to run to a proven winners team before he has won anything.

JT123
07-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Kobe stans will say it's okay because he's old, even though Kobe has been doing this for years! :oldlol:
2 years ago both Nash and Howard were very hesitant about going to the Lakers, but Kobe got on the phone with both of them and begged them to join him. Fcking beta.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-03-2014, 10:13 PM
LeBron Update

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 1m

The Lakers have not met yet with LeBron James' agent. Nor are there any plans for a meeting, even though they'd like one. A lot.

20Four
07-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Kobe stans will say it's okay because he's old, even though Kobe has been doing this for years! :oldlol:
2 years ago both Nash and Howard were very hesitant about going to the Lakers, but Kobe got on the phone with both of them and begged them to join him. Fcking beta.
Mcdonalds rough today b|tch? Go flip some burgers

moe94
07-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Carmelo is a "superstar?"

How is he not? He's got every team in the league bending over backwards to get him. He's a bigger superstar than Bosh when they said it was a big 3.

MVBallin2K
07-03-2014, 10:18 PM
People really don't understand the difference between 2010 and now. I'll TRY and simplify it for you and why people say the big 3 colluded.

The big 3 got together and decided where they wanted to play. They colluded as to which team it was and could have ended up anywhere but signed with the Heat. Wade didn't recruit them to Miami and that was it, they were talking over every available option and meeting with different teams about the possibility.

Melo is visiting teams that already have established players and it's not him and Kobe talking about which team they're going to handpick to be on. That is the difference here. If Kobe turned down the Lakers contract and went on the FA market with Melo and the two went on a world tour together, collusion.

selrahc
07-03-2014, 10:20 PM
bosh, wade and lebron were clear top 10 players in the nba at the time when they colluded and in their primes. kobe is not top ten anymore, he is coming off a major injury and is close to retiring... no where near the same thing

AnaheimLakers24
07-03-2014, 10:23 PM
kobe 5/7
bran is 2/5
:)

longtime lurker
07-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Weren't you one of those fakkits criticizing Kobe for not taking a pay cut? Now he's colluding because he's meeting with a friend and free agent. :facepalm

knicksman
07-03-2014, 10:44 PM
isnt OP one of the biggest beta and idiots in ISH?

Prometheus
07-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Weren't you one of those fakkits criticizing Kobe for not taking a pay cut? Now he's colluding because he's meeting with a friend and free agent. :facepalm

Actually I don't think there's anything wrong with what he's doing. I don't think there's anything wrong with what LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did either. The entire point is that players are choosing their own destinies to a greater degree than in years past. I'd rather see players choose their own fate than GMs doing it.

I'm just bringing it up because Kobetards are always blah blah blah about how Kobe is some courageous alpha dog who would never want to play second fiddle or share the spotlight with another superstar and it's obviously just as much a myth as the idea that he's some clutch god.

P.S. I love Kobe and he's one of my favorite players of all time. I just hate most of his fans.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-03-2014, 11:41 PM
LeBron Update

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 1m

The Lakers have not met yet with LeBron James' agent. Nor are there any plans for a meeting, even though they'd like one. A lot.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 14m
@ramonashelburne reports that Mitch Kupchak flying to CLE to meet with LeBron's agent Rich Paul

Keno
07-04-2014, 12:01 AM
it's ish bruh, the double standards here are crazy. kobe stans are something else.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Recruiting is NOT colluding.. :facepalm