PDA

View Full Version : Replace Kobe with Iverson, how many rings do the Lakers win?

Derivative
07-05-2014, 12:14 AM
2000 -1
2001 -2
2002 -3
2004 -4
2009 -5
2010 -6

JohnFreeman
07-05-2014, 12:15 AM
all of them

raprap
07-05-2014, 12:33 AM

:lol

Deuce Bigalow
07-05-2014, 12:54 AM
About 2 out of 5

GimmeThat
07-05-2014, 01:16 AM
maybe 2 with Shaq

Isiah Thomas may have 4 peated with Shaq though

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2014, 01:18 AM
They probably win in 2000 and 2001...

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 01:26 AM
0 he is 2small not a good defender not a slasher and spurs with the twin towers would own him
Penny couldn't even do it and he was Prime and solid no Kobe but solid and Shaq was prime and Hakeem was old and Shaq lost sweep next one :roll: :roll: :no: next player you can come up with :facepalm

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Now i give you this iff Shaq had Labron they would win 6 maybe i will agree with you on this as a Lakers fan Bron is a miss match this docent mean hes better then Kobe hes not hes just a bigger stronger slasher but his jump shot is weak they would beat the spurs easily maybe we will never know

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 01:42 AM
But the thing you have 2 look at what would Portland do to Labron
hes just a slasher with an ok mid range game but Kobe has a great mid range game

Shih508
07-05-2014, 01:43 AM
0 he is 2small not a good defender not a slasher and spurs with the twin towers would own him
Penny couldn't even do it and he was Prime and solid no Kobe but solid and Shaq was prime and Hakeem was old and Shaq lost sweep next one :roll: :roll: :no: next player you can come up with :facepalm

AI has highest scoring avg against pop's spurs when he was 76ers. Higher than MJ, Malone, Shaq, Tmac, Kobe or any you name it.

So i said at least 3 rings with Shaq if not 4 or 5 since AI prolly won't drive Shaq out of town. 1998-2005 5 out of 8 is not a reach.

His fg % would be on par as what Kobe did if not higher since teams had to focus on Shaq and AI would always be single covered.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-05-2014, 01:43 AM
They win in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2004 IMO.

2000: Lakers beat Indiana with Kobe shooting ~30% in the finals
2001: Lakers essentially swept thru the postseason
2002: Kobe's play took a backseat, I think Iverson would fill in just fine
2004: No ego clashing and bitch made behavior; LA beats Detroit

GimmeThat
07-05-2014, 01:44 AM

9-10 FT attempts per game might have something to say about that.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 01:54 AM
See you have to look at styles in a play off game not stats we will never no Labron is a better slasher then Kobe but not a better player all around do to his size and strength lets ask this if the twin towers shut his slashing down what would he do

lakerstekkenn
9-10 FT attempts per game might have something to say about that.
9 of 10 from who? a big guard will stop that from AI not against the west no way in hell 2small

BasedTom
Iverson wouldn't run Shaq out of town and snitch

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 01:58 AM

AI WOULD NEVER and i mean NEVER kill the spurs not a slasher that's the key

Lamar Odumbb
07-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Iverson with the Nuggets couldnt even beat Kobe in 2008 playoffs when he had Nene, Kenyon Martin and Melo. I thought Iverson needed talent around him as the excuse in Philly. Well he had it in Denver amd Kobe still swept his azz.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:01 AM
AI WOULD NEVER and i mean NEVER kill the spurs not a slasher that's the key
You really think AI would get past Detroit no way Kobe had a dislocated shoulder Shaq was lazy and the team was hurt even prime Shaq loses to them with Penny

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:06 AM
9 of 10 from who? a big guard will stop that from AI not against the west no way in hell 2small

He owned the league more than Kobe from 98-03 scoring wise! No one can stop him during that span!

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:07 AM
AI dropped more 50 points in PO in one series than Kobe has in his whole career!

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Lets Tell The Truth Only Reason Labron And The Heat Lost This Finals They Where Worn Out No Legs As A Laker Fan We All No This And Wade Was Hurt No Knees And Thats The Truth

Shih508
Kobe likes to scored 50 + points on teams which can't even make playoff. On the other hand, AI scored 50 + points in playoff when it matters!

Warfan

They aren't beating Detroit. AI already shot pretty poorly from the floor as it is, can u imagine him getting hounded by the Pistons defense? I know he'd benefit from having Shaq and co. but I don't see him being effective enough at all from the floor and you know he'll put up a ton of shots, just like kobe did that series.

I say they win 2, 3 at best

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Iverson with the Nuggets couldnt even beat Kobe in 2008 playoffs when he had Nene, Kenyon Martin and Melo. I thought Iverson needed talent around him as the excuse in Philly. Well he had it in Denver amd Kobe still swept his azz.

That AI was way out of prime, like Kobe from last few yrs... putting up good stats but saving energy on defensive end to make stats looked good

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:11 AM
They aren't beating Detroit. AI already shot pretty poorly from the floor as it is, can u imagine him getting hounded by the Pistons defense? I know he'd benefit from having Shaq and co. but I don't see him being effective enough at all from the floor and you know he'll put up a ton of shots, just like kobe did that series.

I say they win 2, 3 at best

AI only shot poor cuz he got triple team night in and night out. Play along with Shaq would make him improve at least 5% on his fg attempt if not more. And a lot of his misses back then was actually like assist if u ever watched him play instead of just read the stats sheet.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:12 AM
AI dropped more 50 points in PO in one series than Kobe has in his whole career! AI IS GREAT BUT NOT A SLASHER THATS HOW YOU BEAT THE SPURS AND KOBE 81 POINTS HE EVEN SCORED MORE THEN A TEAM WITH DIRK WOW NOW THATS GREAT
AND DIRK IS A BEAST GREAT PLAYER ONLY THING WITH DIRK HIS FANS SHOULD NOW HE ONLY WANTED 1 RING THEY DONT MATTER 2 HIM AND THAT'S THE TRUTH

That_Admiral
07-05-2014, 02:12 AM
I think 2 maybe 3. Kobe & AI are essentially the same type of people, wanting to be alphas of the team. This will probably mean Shaq would leave around the same time.

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:13 AM
AI IS GREAT BUT NOT A SLASHER THATS HOW YOU BEAT THE SPURS AND KOBE 81 POINTS HE EVEN SCORED MORE THEN A TEAM WITH DIRK WOW NOW THATS GREAT
AND DIRK IS A BEAST GREAT PLAYER ONLY THING WITH DIRK HIS FANS SHOULD NOW HE ONLY WANTED 1 RING THEY DONT MATTER 2 HIM AND THAT'S THE TRUTH

AI's not slasher? Prime AI was most relentless rim attker and fastest player in league.

I bet u've never watched before 2005

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:13 AM
AI only shot poor cuz he got triple team night in and night out. Play along with Shaq would make him improve at least 5% on his fg attempt if not more. And a lot of his misses back then was actually like assist if u ever watched him play instead of just read the stats sheet.
AI WAS 2 SMALL DETROIT WOULD KILL HIM WITH SIZE THAT'S A FACT THEY GOT DEFENDERS ALL D ON THAT TEAM AND SIZE

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:14 AM
I think 2 maybe 3. Kobe & AI are essentially the same type of people, wanting to be alphas of the team. This will probably mean Shaq would leave around the same time.

AI and Shaq had great respect with each other. Shaq even one time called AI the top 5 greatest player in NBA history. I know it was a raech but u get the point. And I dun even know any of AI's teammates disliked him like Kobe prior to going to Detroit

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:15 AM
AI WAS 2 SMALL DETROIT WOULD KILL HIM WITH SIZE THAT'S A FACT THEY GOT DEFENDERS ALL D ON THAT TEAM AND SIZE

There would be no Larry Brown if AI played his whole career in Lakers. LB only got hired to non contending team prior to coaching AI.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:16 AM
AI's not slasher? Prime AI was most relentless rim attker and fastest player in league.

I bet u've never watched before 2005 I never watched lol kid you dont no me Kobe shut him down with size length DE town had 2 much size for him hes is 2 small 2 slash threw the twin towers book it

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Lakers had real shot at championship from 98-2006. In that 9 year span, i bet AI could win at least 3 champs if not more.

Kobe is really overrated. He's just happened to be in the guy who's right place at right time type of player.

That_Admiral
07-05-2014, 02:18 AM
AI and Shaq had great respect with each other. Shaq even one time called AI the top 5 greatest player in NBA history. I know it was a raech but u get the point. And I dun even know any of AI's teammates disliked him like Kobe prior to going to Detroit
I guess so, but idk. I personally think the environment would change when they're playing with each other.
They could come to a point in time where Shaq and AI might even ditch practice together hahah

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:18 AM
I never watched lol kid you dont no me Kobe shut him down with size length DE town had 2 much size for him hes is 2 small 2 slash threw the twin towers book it

Kobe couldn't do shit on AI during 01 Finals that's why Phil put Tyron Lue on AI and grabbing and hand checking the whole time. AI would beated Lakers in today's rule.

If Kobe could guard AI, you would never know who Tyron Lue is. Kobe can only guard slow bigger player cuz he's never that fast to start with.

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:20 AM
I guess so, but idk. I personally think the environment would change when they're playing with each other.
They could come to a point in time where Shaq and AI might even ditch practice together hahah

All super star players stop going to practice ALOT during season when they are injured. Most of coaches would never call it out like Larry because Larry is just too old schoool.

Milbuck
07-05-2014, 02:21 AM
They win in 2000 and 2001.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:21 AM
IT took 7 games for prime Duncan G and Parker with the help of old BIG SHOT BOB LOL 2 get past D town they where a solid D team their Pride was D

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:25 AM
Kobe couldn't do shit on AI during 01 Finals that's why Phil put Tyron Lue on AI and grabbing and hand checking the whole time. AI would beated Lakers in today's rule.

If Kobe could guard AI, you would never know who Tyron Lue is. Kobe can only guard slow bigger player cuz he's never that fast to start with.
You don't no B BALL PHILL SAVED KOBE S LEGS AND USED SHAQ TO DESTROY 76ERS KOBE WAS A DECOY LEARN B Ball coaching first BUT HE DID USE HIM AGAINST the Kings LOL

Shih508
07-05-2014, 02:26 AM
Doesn't change the fact AI+Shaq can compete in most of years from 98-2006.

And Wade+Shaq can beat Pistons, AI+Shaq prolly could.

Warfan
07-05-2014, 02:26 AM

I already said he would benefit but shaq was getting single coverage that series while kobe often saw multiple defenders when he put it on the floor. AI isn't gonna be effective enough to win that series at all, that Pistons team was one of the GOAT defenses and would contain him.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:30 AM
And The Kings Where The Second Best Team In The Nba So What Would You As A Coach Do Use Kobe 2 Beat The Second Best Team In The Nba Or Use Shaq 2 Beat The Sorry East Team My Guess Use SHAQ TO BEAT THE SORRY EAST USE Both Of Your Best Players To Beat The 2 Best Team In The Nba

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:32 AM
I already said he would benefit but shaq was getting single coverage that series while kobe often saw multiple defenders when he put it on the floor. AI isn't gonna be effective enough to win that series at all, that Pistons team was one of the GOAT defenses and would contain him.
WELL SAID THEIR D WAS SOLID LIKE I SAID IT TOOK A PRIME DUNCAN WITH A PRIME TEAM WITH BIG SHOT BOB JUST 2 BEAT THEM AND IT TOOK 7 GAMES DE TOWN WAS A OLDE SCHOOL TEAM SOLID D A TEAM

GimmeThat
07-05-2014, 02:42 AM
I never watched lol kid you dont no me Kobe shut him down with size length DE town had 2 much size for him hes is 2 small 2 slash threw the twin towers book it

who's going to be Iverson's 2 guard?
Mckie?
Eddie Jones?
Van Excel?

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:43 AM
Doesn't change the fact AI+Shaq can compete in most of years from 98-2006.

And Wade+Shaq can beat Pistons, AI+Shaq prolly could.
AN OLDFER TEAM IN D TOWN AND WADE WAS GIFTED HE IS SOLID BUT THEY CHEATED DALLAS THE CALLS HE GOT MJ DIDN'T GET THOSE CALLS BOOK IT

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 02:45 AM
who's going to be Iverson's 2 guard?
Mckie?
Eddie Jones?
Van Excel?
LOL KID EDDIE J WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS VAN WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS YOU TRYING 2 TEST ME LOL :roll: KIDS DON'T NO B BALL THESES DAYS MATCH UPS

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Remember You Only Have A 3 Year Window 2 Win A Chip Ask The Thunder They Are Done But Iff They Get Paul Maybe And I Mean Maybe They Have A Chance You Really Dont No How Hard It Is 2 Win A Chip In The Nba It Is Really Hard Even A Big 3 In Boston Only WON 1 And The Next Big 3 Only Won 2 IN MIAMI I MEAN THE BIG 4 LABRON WADE BOSH ALEN BIG 4. Kobe With Less Help Won 2 WITH A HURT BYNUM PAUL AND A OLD FISH AND A UN PROVEN ARIZA AND A CRAZY OUT F CONTROL WORLD PEACE And Won One Against The Team That Beat Labron THE BIG 3 IN BOSTON Thats How Great Kobe Is

lefthook00
07-05-2014, 03:22 AM
They would win at least a couple. Remember, Iverson was better than Kobe at that point, he was already a team leader and MVP caliber player.

He would have been more efficient next to Shaq, and we know AI can put up Kobe numbers.

If Iverson had Kobe's height, he would be the GOAT.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 03:31 AM
They would win at least a couple. Remember, Iverson was better than Kobe at that point, he was already a team leader and MVP caliber player.

He would have been more efficient next to Shaq, and we know AI can put up Kobe numbers.
AI WAS NEVER BETTER THEN KOBE NEVER AI WAS NEVER BETTER THEN PENNY LOL AI IS GREAT BUT A POOR DEFENDER AND NOT A SLASHER AND 2 SMALL

YOU MEAN 2 TELL ME AI WOULD BEAT THE SPURS OR PORTLAND OR THE KINKS NO WAY IN HELL NO WAY :roll:

IFF IS A BIG WORD IFF I WAS RICH LOL IFF IFF HES NOT SO WE DONT NO HIS HEART IFF IFF

YOU REALLY ARE GONNA TELL ME AI BEATS THE WEST NO WAY EVEN WITH SHAQ

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 03:35 AM
Prime Kobe Would Take Your Heart Out Prime Ai Would 2 But Ai Is 2 Small Easy 2 Defend Put A Big Guard On Him Hes Toast Phill Proved This Hes Not A Slasher Kobe Killed The Spurs With His Slashing When They Took It Away He Hit Jumpers Ai Is 2 Small

GimmeThat
07-05-2014, 03:36 AM
LOL KID EDDIE J WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS VAN WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS YOU TRYING 2 TEST ME LOL :roll: KIDS DON'T NO B BALL THESES DAYS MATCH UPS

so you're saying the original question is to replace a 2 guard with a 1 guard and not even consider the fact that the team may be built differently?

I mean... 0

you replace Bill Russell with Kobe and they still might win 0

no, why would anyone play Fisher/AI in the same line up.

great way to make fun of OP though.
even though it may have been an attempt to bring contructive dicussion to the forum.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 03:40 AM
:roll:

LOL BETTER THEN KOBE SHAQ SAID AND THER EXPERTS SAID KOBE IS THE BEST IN THE NBA EVEN MJ SAID IT AI WAS NUMBER 3 THAT YEAR HE DOPED DOWN KOBE GOT BETTER AI DIDN'T
AI WAS NEVER BETTER THEN KOBE NO WAY BOOK IT

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 03:46 AM
so you're saying the original question is to replace a 2 guard with a 1 guard and not even consider the fact that the team may be built differently?

I mean... 0

you replace Bill Russell with Kobe and they still might win 0

no, why would anyone play Fisher/AI in the same line up.

great way to make fun of OP though.
even though it may have been an attempt to bring contructive dicussion to the forum.
I SAID YOU PUT LABRON IN PLACE OF KOBE THEY WIN 6 MAYBE 7 WHY HES A MISS MATCH SEE THE LOGIC I SAID MAYBE WHY I SAY MAYBE HIS JUMPER IS WEAK YOU STOP THAT AND HIS SLASHING THEY LOSE
AI IS 2 SMALL TO WIN WITH SHAQ HES GREAT BUT THE MISS MATCH SPURS WITH POP WOULD KILL HIM POP IS 2 SMART FOR THAT ITS SIMPLE MATCH-UPS IN B BALL IFF YOU CANT SEE THIS I HAVE NOTHING 2 SAY

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 04:03 AM
You Kids Need 2 Learn B Ball Pop Used The Tryi Mixed With The Princeton Book It While Miami Used JUST Talent No System In Place And Tired Legs Thats The Only Reason They Lost The Announcer Told You You Think Its The Tryi/PRINCETON Offense But Its Not It Was The Tryi Moving Slashing Offense Cuts Getting People Open Why Would They Say It WAS Not The Princeton They Would Look Bad Because They Told You In La It Would Not Work 2 Save Face SAME SYSTEM THAT THE KINGS USED 2 BE THE SECOND BEST TEAM IN THE WEST AND TOOK PRIME SHAQ KOBE 2 GAME 7 ONLY REASON THEY LOST MISSED FREE THROWS NOW IT CANT WORK LOL YES IT CAN

GimmeThat
07-05-2014, 04:08 AM
I SAID YOU PUT LABRON IN PLACE OF KOBE THEY WIN 6 MAYBE 7 WHY HES A MISS MATCH SEE THE LOGIC I SAID MAYBE WHY I SAY MAYBE HIS JUMPER IS WEAK YOU STOP THAT AND HIS SLASHING THEY LOSE
AI IS 2 SMALL TO WIN WITH SHAQ HES GREAT BUT THE MISS MATCH SPURS WITH POP WOULD KILL HIM POP IS 2 SMART FOR THAT ITS SIMPLE MATCH-UPS IN B BALL IFF YOU CANT SEE THIS I HAVE NOTHING 2 SAY

I got Brent Barry on my side

he can go deal with his hangover before he reports for duty.

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 04:10 AM
I got Brent Barry on my side

he can go deal with his hangover before he reports for duty.
LOL FUNNY BUT PLEASE RESPOND 2C MY POST AND YES I LIKE 2 DRINK BUT I STILL SCHOOLED YOU ON B BALL KNOWLEDGE LOL YOU GOT ME LOL NOT :roll:

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Do You Really No How Deep The West Was In Those Years The 80 Teams Would Have Trouble But Its Match Ups Spurs Had Twin Towers That Would Compete With Any Team In History Portland Was A Power House Staked Kings Where The Second Best Team That Almost Beat A Prime Shaq/kobe With A Prime Bench Both Teams These Teams Where Solid An Ai Team With Shaq Would Lose 2 All Of Them Why Ai Is Not A Slasher And 2 Small Easy 2 Defend Even Penny Would Lose He Maybe Gets One Chip Even Wade Loses 2 These Teams No Jumper In That Time He Got Better In Time But Never On Kobe Level Unless He Gets Crazy Calls From The Refs

knicksman
07-05-2014, 04:56 AM
bran stans really have the lowest IQ. They cant tell whether a player is cancerous or not. All they see is stats. At the end of the day, bron couldnt win with shaq like teammates. So kobe>>>>>>bran

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Lakers had real shot at championship from 98-2006. In that 9 year span, i bet AI could win at least 3 champs if not more.

Kobe is really overrated. He's just happened to be in the guy who's right place at right time type of player.
HOW IS KOBE OVERRATED PLEASE SHOW PROOF WHEN HE KILLED A PRIME DUCAN WITH TWIN TOWERS AND A KINGS TEAM THAT TOOK PRIME SHAQ/KOBE 2 A GAME 7 AND A STAKED PORTLAND TEAM 2 GAME 7 AND TOOK PAUL WITH A HURT ONE LEG BYNUM UN PROVEN ARIZA OLD FISHER AND BEAT THE BIG 3 BOSTON LABRON FAILED 2 DO THIS AND KOBE DID IT WITH SAHSA LOL AND CRAZY WORLD PEACE AND FAR-MAR AND F LUKE WALTON LOL N PLEASE OVERRATED:facepalm :roll: :roll: MY ASSS

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 05:00 AM
bran stans really have the lowest IQ. They cant tell whether a player is cancerous or not. All they see is stats. At the end of the day, bron couldnt win with shaq like teammates. So kobe>>>>>>bran
KOBE IS BETTER THAN LABRON BUT I HAVE 2 SAY IFF LABRON WORKS ON HIS GAME HE IS UNSTOPPABLE THATS HOW GREAT HE CANE BE BUT DOES HE HAVE IT IN HIM WE WILL SEE DOES HE HAVE MJ/KOBE IN HIM I THINK NOT

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 05:26 AM
THIS OVERRATED KOBE TOOK LUKE WALTON LOL ARIZA NO LEGE BYNUM PAUL SASHA BROWN OLD FISHER HELL EVEN THE THUNDER DIDN'T DO THIS WHEN THEY CANT EVEN WIN 1 CHIP AND THEY WERE MORE DEEP THEN THE LAKERS AND KOBE BEAT THE BIG 3 LOL WITH NO LEGS IN GAME 7 FUNNY THING LABRON COULDN'T BEAT THE BIG 3 WITH HIS TEAM N PLEASE OVERRATED MY ASS :roll:

ILLsmak
07-05-2014, 05:42 AM

Probably. Lullll at people who say Iverson couldn't have 3 peated with Shaq. And if he stuck around until 09 and 10 maybe.

-Smak

lakerstekkenn
07-05-2014, 06:02 AM
^ Is this kid retarded? How old are you?
RETARDED IS NOT A NICE WORD KIDS ARE CHALLENGED MENTALLY LIKE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE FAMILY THATS NOT CHALLENGED MENTALLY OR HAVE AUTISM BUT IFF YOU WANT TO CALL NAMES AND DISRESPECT PEOPLE YOUR CHOICE I PRAY I HOPE YOUR KIDS ARE NOT CHALLENGED MENTALLY BY THE WAY I AM 46 YEARS OLD

Doctor Rivers
07-05-2014, 08:14 AM
RETARDED IS NOT A NICE WORD KIDS ARE CHALLENGED MENTALLY LIKE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE FAMILY THATS NOT CHALLENGED MENTALLY OR HAVE AUTISM BUT IFF YOU WANT TO CALL NAMES AND DISRESPECT PEOPLE YOUR CHOICE I PRAY I HOPE YOUR KIDS ARE NOT CHALLENGED MENTALLY BY THE WAY I AM 46 YEARS OLD

da hell?

knicksman
07-05-2014, 08:32 AM
if bran couldnt with better teammates then what makes people think poor mans lebron can.