PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys go into deep depression when your favorite team loses in the playoffs?

Fudge
07-05-2014, 02:27 AM
And to fans of teams in the lottery, does the same go for you when your team doesn't make the playoffs?

I have a bad habit of doing coke rips just to keep myself in check. Keep me balanced not only after losses, but just balanced in...life. If I don't do them, I most likely would have off'd myself already. It's pretty much saved my life. I've been sober for a few days now, though.

I don't know, i'm just a big bball fan in general. I have as much heart as these players.

Any of you get the same feels?

Legends66NBA7
07-05-2014, 02:29 AM
I got over pretty quickly this year.

In hockey, when the Leafs got knocked out, it was a lot more frustrating.

dubeta
07-05-2014, 02:29 AM
PM for drug rehabilitation tips

Killbot
07-05-2014, 02:31 AM
No. I don't have that feeling anymore.

Fudge
07-05-2014, 02:36 AM
No. I don't have that feeling anymore.
How come? Did you just stop caring so much? If so, how'd you do it? I'm still learning how to cope with the downs right now.

Done_And_Done
07-05-2014, 02:36 AM
Big losses used to sting a whole lot more when I was a little younger. I'm still as passionate a fan as any I know but with age, I've learned to tone downed the personalization of defeats. Besides, I've got far too much other shit going on my life to consume myself with sports depression.

GimmeThat
07-05-2014, 02:37 AM
after being so used to your team living up to your own expectation.

the first time?

yes.

you get used to it after that.

jstern
07-05-2014, 02:40 AM
Nope. Because it all really doesn't matter and it's better to focus on things that will improve your life. All these players are going to be forgotten one day, the same way even really famous historical figures will one day be forgotten.

It's like back when the Yankees lost the World Series like ten years ago. I thought, why should I feel bad? Tomorrow I have to go work at stinking job, overnights, while Derek Jeter is going to be in a jacuzzi with two girls that are hotter than any girls that I've seen in person. And then a couple of weeks later, Derek Jeter was caught sneaking two girls out of his room.

I mean it's good to have passion, but it's also good to know that it's better to focus on things that will make your life more worthwhile.

Killbot
07-05-2014, 02:47 AM
How come? Did you just stop caring so much? If so, how'd you do it? I'm still learning how to cope with the downs right now.

Well for one, it helps if your team is non-existent. :lol

Fudge
07-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Nope. Because it all really doesn't matter and it's better to focus on things that will improve your life. All these players are going to be forgotten one day, the same way even really famous historical figures will one day be forgotten.

It's like back when the Yankees lost the World Series like ten years ago. I thought, why should I feel bad? Tomorrow I have to go work at stinking job, overnights, while Derek Jeter is going to be in a jacuzzi with two girls that are hotter than any girls that I've seen in person. And then a couple of weeks later, Derek Jeter was caught sneaking two girls out of his room.

I mean it's good to have passion, but it's also good to know that it's better to focus on things that will make your life more worthwhile.
Ever hear that motto "Basketball is life"?

That's me right there. I live for it, and i'll certainly die for it. Ball is my life. I almost turned pro (if not for a horrific knee injury) and I get nostalgia when the winning team gets the edge over my favorite team. Thoughts of like...if not for my injury, I COULD'VE been that guy to help my team win. I've made tons of game winning plays in my life, i'm not scared of the moment. I've got the drive that most players don't even have. Maybe I look too deeply into my past and start to over think, but one thing is for sure. I LIVE FOR BASKETBALL.

I also do support several other teams as well, but there's always that one team that you fully appreciate more than the others.

livinglegend
07-05-2014, 02:50 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:
Depression? :oldlol:

Fudge
07-05-2014, 02:52 AM
Well for one, it helps if your team is non-existent. :lol
Oh right, you were a Sonics fan.

Why aren't you pulling for the Thunders, brother?

Fudge
07-05-2014, 02:53 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:
Depression? :oldlol:
Yea?

Serious question, how were you feeling after the 2011 and 2014 Finals, dude? I couldn't imagine it being any worse than I was feeling in 2012.

I don't think I went outside the house for a month at one point.

livinglegend
OP, it shouldnt be hard for a bandwagoner like you to move on.

Killbot
Oh right, you were a Sonics fan.

Why aren't you pulling for the Thunders, brother?

1) The way the process went when the team moved
2) Sonics do not equal Thunder

TheMarkMadsen
07-05-2014, 02:55 AM
OP chillin

Trollsmasher
07-05-2014, 02:58 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp043lPrAW1qm2623o1_500.gif

Fudge
07-05-2014, 02:59 AM
1) The way the process went when the team moved
2) Sonics do not equal Thunder
You do know that we would wreak havoc on opposing fanbases on this board if you were to join us tho, right?

At least think about it.

DaSeba5
07-05-2014, 03:03 AM
No. You learn to get over it, especially if you are used to losing.

KBaller33
07-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Big losses used to sting a whole lot more when I was a little younger. I'm still as passionate a fan as any I know but with age, I've learned to tone downed the personalization of defeats. Besides, I've got far too much other shit going on my life to consume myself with sports depression.

This.

But being a Cowboys fan, I've gotten use to losing in heartbreaking fashion from a young age.

jstern
07-05-2014, 03:12 AM
Ever hear that motto "Basketball is life"?

That's me right there. I live for it, and i'll certainly die for it. Ball is my life. I almost turned pro (if not for a horrific knee injury) and I get nostalgia when the winning team gets the edge over my favorite team. Thoughts of like...if not for my injury, I COULD'VE been that guy to help my team win. I've made tons of game winning plays in my life, i'm not scared of the moment. I've got the drive that most players don't even have. Maybe I look too deeply into my past and start to over think, but one thing is for sure. I LIVE FOR BASKETBALL.

I also do support several other teams as well, but there's always that one team that you fully appreciate more than the others.

I can understand that, feeling like you had a chance and losing that chance over an injury. I can understand that being a true hell. Unfortunately that's life. Imagine if reincarnation is real, and you're put into different situations in order to build compassion. Imagine that's the law of the universe and intense pain is part of it. You're stuck in your hell and you can't escape it. Imagine that there's a person about to get tortured by terrorists, imagine if they took your consciousness right now and put you in that situation with no way of escaping that reality. Or imagine your consciousness being put in the body of a child who has a father who's a child molester. Unfortunately un escapable situations are part of human life and you're in this situation right now. The only real thing you can do from it is learn. Compare what kind of person you would be if you had all the success in the world, and the things you have learned by not living that dream and having had to go through the bad things you have gone through.

.. It's too complicated to explain, so I'm going to stop.

AnaheimLakers24
07-05-2014, 03:13 AM
after 06 I started dealing with playoff loses differently. that one year hurt lol

Fudge
07-05-2014, 03:16 AM
I can understand that, feeling like you had a chance and losing that chance over an injury. I can understand that being a true hell. Unfortunately that's life. Imagine if reincarnation is real, and you're put into different situations in order to build compassion. Imagine that's the law of the universe and intense pain is part of it. You're stuck in your hell and you can't escape it. Imagine that there's a person about to get tortured by terrorists, imagine if they took your consciousness right now and put you in that situation with no way of escaping that reality. Or imagine your consciousness being put in the body of a child who has a father who's a child molester. Unfortunately un escapable situations are part of human life and you're in this situation right now. The only real thing you can do from it is learn. Compare what kind of person you would be if you had all the success in the world, and the things you have learned by not living that dream and having had to go through the bad things you have gone through.

.. It's too complicated to explain, so I'm going to stop.
You fondled with my mind, bro. I loved it.

Good talk, good talk.

knicksman
07-05-2014, 05:04 AM
i see bran stans going into it. I mean bran is their life, and now theyre back to flipping burgers.

Uncle Drew
07-05-2014, 05:06 AM
No, because, everytime my team misses the playoffs, it gets the #1 overall pick.

bigkingsfan
07-05-2014, 05:06 AM
The last 10 years when we lost in the playoffs.

LongLiveTheKing
07-05-2014, 05:07 AM
I was sad af when the Heat lost, actually I'm still pretty sad. I haven't watched ESPN since Game 5, so I won't see them showing the Spurs.

Cocaine80s
07-05-2014, 05:22 AM
No, because, everytime my team misses the playoffs, it gets the #1 overall pick.
:lol :applause: :applause:

ILLsmak
07-05-2014, 05:39 AM
No. You learn to get over it, especially if you are used to losing.

It depends, though... on what is at stake. Like if you are used to losing and your team has a good year... or you know this is one of the times they can really win a ring. I think the people (who aren't delusional) who get depressed when their team loses are ones who felt they had a shot at the ring.

It's kind of an interesting experience when your team (or player) first wins a ring. I'm not a team-fan... cuz the Bulls, but I started liking Shaq, and when he finally got the W in 2000. I was super happy. I was like NOOO when they were down in the 4th to Portland, but I somehow knew they'd come back.

It's a journey. Then, later on it might not matter as much, but it's also mixed in with the fact that basketball, as you know it, is over. I get depressed at the end of the playoffs, period... even now, when I don't even really give a shit about the NBA. It's just like man... cuz I focused energy on it, and it comes back to me like k need new orders. And the summer is long. It's easy to follow shit, post on ISH, etc... but dudes won't be playing meaningful ball til almost November. Then you gotta wait til April til shit actually gets real.

-Smak

BuffaloBill
07-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Spurs fan. losing in the playoffs makes winning so much sweeter . Everybody loses, but not everybody wins.

JohnFreeman
07-05-2014, 09:52 AM
lol

Booz Vivic
07-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Ive never been as dissapointed in my life as when the Pacers lost this year.

What a shock. Didnt see it coming.

Lebronxrings
07-05-2014, 11:06 AM
OP is a loser.

christian1923
07-05-2014, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't know honestly. The Knicks have sucked my whole life.

Horde of Temujin
07-05-2014, 02:19 PM
I am not a Spurs fan but last years finals and the 2012 WCF really pissed me off

jstern
07-06-2014, 05:16 PM
You fondled with my mind, bro. I loved it.

Good talk, good talk.

Pretty good talk.

I am not a Spurs fan but last years finals and the 2012 WCF really pissed me off

Yeah, that one really got to me. I can relate to having something you really want it right there, only to have it rubbed in the celebration of someone else. That Spurs what's simply depressing, and I wanted Miami to win.