PDA

View Full Version : Bulls should go after Stephenson and Gasol if Melo doesn't work out for them.

Upgrayedd
07-05-2014, 02:29 AM
C: Noah/Gasol
PF: Taj/Mirotic
SF: Butler/Dunleavy/McDermott
SG: Stephenson/Hinrich
PG: Rose/Augustin

:bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
07-05-2014, 04:43 AM
I rather root for Bron than watch my Bulls roll out 2x annoying, punk ass New Yorkers in Noah, and ghetto, headcase Stevenson. I can't stand Paula Gasoft either. You can have that team. Cause I'm not rooting for them.

BrainDead
07-05-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm so f*cked up right now! It feels so amazing!

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Stephenson is not the type of player i'd want to commit a lot of money towards. Gives me that JR Smith vibe.

Gasol on the other hand would make that team really fun to watch. Noah+Gasol = Best passing frontcourt in the league.

SamuraiSWISH
07-05-2014, 04:52 AM
Gasol on the other hand would make that team really fun to watch. Noah+Gasol = Best passing frontcourt in the league.
Who they going to pass to though? If Rose isn't what he once was, no one on that team is scoring at all. Gasol is done. He's been cashed for several years now.

RoTM
07-05-2014, 04:54 AM
C: Noah/Gasol
PF: Taj/Mirotic
SF: Butler/Dunleavy/McDermott
SG: Stephenson/Hinrich
PG: Rose/Augustin

:bowdown:

That's like a 76M+ roster. They could do Mirotic and maybe add one of those guys if they make some other moves.

TheMan
07-05-2014, 05:03 AM
As a fellow Bulls fan, SWISH, I can't disagree more with your disdain of Noah, to each his own. I agree with you on Gasol.

I also disagree on Lance Stephenson too. I think Thibs could have a positive effect on him and he is the kind of scoring swing man we desperately need. I remember we had a loose canon back in the second threepeat, a guy the Spurs practically gave us that no one else wanted and it turned out pretty good for us...

coin24
07-05-2014, 05:06 AM
They would be lucky to average 75ppg:lol
Bulls need scorers..

And yeah pau will show up every few games when he's not in paulina gasolina mode:oldlol:

raprap
07-05-2014, 05:11 AM
If the bulls dont get melo they are fukced. Taj and Noah frontcourt doe :rockon:

poido123
07-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Please go after Stephenson:banana:

Melo looks like he's selling out for money.

poido123
07-05-2014, 06:41 AM
I rather root for Bron than watch my Bulls roll out 2x annoying, punk ass New Yorkers in Noah, and ghetto, headcase Stevenson. I can't stand Paula Gasoft either. You can have that team. Cause I'm not rooting for them.

Get over Melo, he's not coming :hammerhead:

Lance will upgrade our list, so why not add him? He's young and improving, adds some nasty to this team, I really like Stevenson's game.

Stevenson can break create off the dribble, something we desparately need to help Rose with.

It's a shame you don't see it that way.

aj1987
07-05-2014, 06:51 AM

How is that selling out? He wanted money and he's RESIGNING with his team for the max.

poido123
07-05-2014, 07:10 AM
How is that selling out? He wanted money and he's RESIGNING with his team for the max.

He wanted to be on a contender, how does staying with the Knicks follow that through? Just looks like he went for the money. :confusedshrug:

smoovegittar
07-05-2014, 09:23 AM
He wanted to be on a contender, how does staying with the Knicks follow that through? Just looks like he went for the money. :confusedshrug:
Maybe he believes in the Knick's direction. Good Lord, is that possible? I mean, the Knicks are gonna suck FOR-EVA.

Dope. :rolleyes:

ZHAKIDD532
07-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Lance Stephenson next to Jimmy Butler would be interesting.

Heatles201
07-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Please... Let the BULLS get Stephenson Please!!!
Dude is a serious nut case :facepalm

CHi1PriDe
07-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Taj is a New Yorker too. But ya, go for Sir lance please, the Bulls and Thibs will put him in check and Thibs has been doing a good job developing his young players :applause:

Roundball_Rock
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM

Exactly. He is on his way to becoming the Dominique Wilkins of this era...

Maybe he believes in the Knick's direction.

This is his last contract as an elite player (he has only 2-3 elite years left and maybe 2-3 more all-star caliber years after that at this point). Why gamble your legacy on an unproven plan that may not be implemented and even if it is may not succeed when you can go to a guaranteed contender? Even without Carmelo the Bulls will be in the mix for coming out the East next year; with Carmelo they would be instant favorites. Instead Carmelo, apparently, will prefer to fight for 45 wins and another first round exit next year. Carmelo has made it out the first round only twice in eleven years (yet people are trashing LeBron for making it to 5 Finals during the same span :roll: ) but evidently is content with not competing for championships...

:wtf:

Gasol, Stephenson, Noah, Butler, Rose, Gibson would be a very formidable group. Gasol is past his prime but he still put up 17/10 last year and he would be going to the Bulls to be the team's third or fourth best player.

smoovegittar
07-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Exactly. He is on his way to becoming the Dominique Wilkins of this era...

This is his last contract as an elite player (he has only 2-3 elite years left and maybe 2-3 more all-star caliber years after that at this point). Why gamble your legacy on an unproven plan that may not be implemented and even if it is may not succeed when you can go to a guaranteed contender? Even without Carmelo the Bulls will be in the mix for coming out the East next year; with Carmelo they would be instant favorites. Instead Carmelo, apparently, will prefer to fight for 45 wins and another first round exit next year. Carmelo has made it out the first round only twice in eleven years (yet people are trashing LeBron for making it to 5 Finals during the same span :roll: ) but evidently is content with not competing for championships...

Melo not content with competing for a championship? Another player with "only 2-3 elite years left"? Why do I waste my time on your shit? :facepalm

:wtf:

Gasol, Stephenson, Noah, Butler, Rose, Gibson would be a very formidable group. Gasol is past his prime but he still put up 17/10 last year and he would be going to the Bulls to be the team's third or fourth best player.
At least you made a little sense here. C+ for the rebound... :rolleyes:

Roundball_Rock
07-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Melo not content with competing for a championship? Another player with "only 2-3 elite years left"? Why do I waste my time on your shit?

How many elite SF's, or players at any position, are there at age 33 or 34? By elite I mean a top 5-7 type player/superstar, not just an all-star caliber player. Carmelo currently is a borderline superstar. Can he maintain that level of play beyond the next 2-3 years? History suggests he will start to decline soon (basketball players typically peak at 27-30) and won't be a top 10 player by 33 or 34, although he may remain a top 15-20 player for a few additional years.

GimmeThat
07-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I think Stephenson could be a good fit for the Bulls.

it comes down to how big of a leader Noah is in the locker room.

If Stephenson blows up in the absense of Rose and becomes a 20+ scorer, what are the possibilities that he starts throwing his teammates/coaches under the bus.

I don't think Stephenson would be going to the Bulls for championship aspiration, but more so earning the paycheck he couldn't get from the Pacers and prove to be worth that value if not more.

Rameek
07-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I think Rose will marginalize Lance play making ability by keeping the ball in Rose's hands which isnt a bad thing.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1503/15037917/2507104-4202826311-butth.png

AnaheimLakers24
07-05-2014, 01:33 PM
:lol at thinking gasol wants to come off bench. shit thread