PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Teams willing to pay Bosh the max.

aj1987
07-05-2014, 02:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vb52vI9.png

russwest0
07-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Not a surprise. He gets shit on way too much by Heat fans.

Not his fault that LeBron turns dynamic players into spot up shooters

aj1987
07-05-2014, 03:00 PM

How many max players scored 0 points in a Game 7 of the Finals?

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 03:03 PM
There are "real" max players and there are "market" max players.

Real max players: Bran, Durant, CP3, Dwight (when playing like his magic days), and for revenue considerations a guy like Griffin.

Market max guys are Melo, Love, Harden, George, Bosh etc who only get max deals because of how much incompetent management there is around the league.

So its true Bosh could definitely get the max but if youre really trying to match value and performance, hes not a legit max guy.

russwest0
07-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Does he score 0 points on another team where he has a role doing something other than spotting up for jumpshots?

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Spot up shooters having scoreless games in the playoffs is hardly a big deal

DonDadda59
07-05-2014, 03:04 PM

About as many as those who scored 8 points in a finals game while being the first option.

Bosh is still capable of being a 20/8 player in the right circumstance. Gotta get back to his roots- get in the post, mid range, rebound. He's been camped out at the 3 point for too long now.

Magic 32
07-05-2014, 03:05 PM

How many max players gets 5 shots and 0 plays runned for them?

russwest0
07-05-2014, 03:06 PM
This is also why I don't think he should go to Houston. Harden plays the exact same way as LeBron in the halfcourt where he turns everyone into spot up shooters.

And he'd also have to deal with Dwight crying for the ball as well.

edrick
07-05-2014, 03:10 PM

http://i.imgur.com/I5FGlor.jpg

Great second/third option. Not even remotely a first option.

IncarceratedBob
07-05-2014, 03:12 PM
24/10/4/2

to 12/7/1/1

The LeBron James effect

bluechox2
07-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Does he score 0 points on another team where he has a role doing something other than spotting up for jumpshots?

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

he definitely wont be a spot up shooter in houston:facepalm

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
This is also why I don't think he should go to Houston. Harden plays the exact same way as LeBron in the halfcourt where he turns everyone into spot up shooters.

And he'd also have to deal with Dwight crying for the ball as well.

Houston needs to seriously boot Harden now. They got their star in Dwight, they got a good role player in Parsons, if they could fill the PF spot with Bosh or even Melo and play some team ball theyd be waaaay better off than with zombie ass chucker Haren. That dude seriously has no heart. He makes Melo look like a warrior. If they can bring in a higher IQ scorer who has a pulse on defense that core would be real nice with Dwight and Parsons.

Harden is gonna be an anchor on that teams hopes for the next 4 years if they dont trade him.

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 03:18 PM
0 finals made

to 4 consecutive finals made, 2 titles

The LeBron James effect

Fixed

aj1987
07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
About as many as those who scored 8 points in a finals game while being the first option.

Bosh is still capable of being a 20/8 player in the right circumstance. Gotta get back to his roots- get in the post, mid range, rebound. He's been camped out at the 3 point for too long now.
MJ stans. You guys are just as bad as Kobetards and LeTurds. What the **** does LeBron have to do with Bosh being a shitty player. Oh, and LeBron definitely redeemed himself by winning 2 in a row.

A 20/8 player who doesn't like playing in the post (by his own admission) and can't defend other bigs.

Yeah, because he wasn't a "spot up" shooter in '12 when he averaged near 8 rebounds a games in the Playoffs. How about defense though? He shutdown Timmy, right?

Heavincent
07-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Fixed

Kind of similar to the Kobe Bryant effect on Pau Gasol, except Pau didn't have to sacrifice his stats at all and wasn't relegated to being a spot up shooter. He was allowed to play the same way he did in Memphis.

The JKidd Kid
07-05-2014, 03:32 PM

Real max players: Bran, Durant, CP3, Dwight (when playing like his magic days), and for revenue considerations a guy like Griffin.

Market max guys are Melo, Love, Harden, George, Bosh etc who only get max deals because of how much incompetent management there is around the league.

So its true Bosh could definitely get the max but if youre really trying to match value and performance, hes not a legit max guy.

No, just no. Melo, Harden and George bring in just as much revenue as Griffin if not more. All those guys you listed are max contract players because of the demand for their skill set, not because of front office incompetency. It's supply and demand. There aren't a lot of players in this league with the potential to score 25 PPG, that's why those guys get big deals.

Poetry
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM

That will occasionally happen. But you're right, the gap between 0 and 8 really isn't that big.

Bron, Wade, and Chalmers took 59 shots in that game.

Bosh was never going to get into a rhythm with 5 sporadically spaced shots.

Just not enough ball to go around on this team.

Heavincent
07-05-2014, 03:44 PM

6 points actually.

inclinerator
07-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Kind of similar to the Kobe Bryant effect on Pau Gasol, except Pau didn't have to sacrifice his stats at all and wasn't relegated to being a spot up shooter. He was allowed to play the same way he did in Memphis.
phil jackson

Cocaine80s
07-05-2014, 06:24 PM
:cheers:
I guess we'll settle for Melo :D

STATUTORY
07-05-2014, 06:28 PM
phil jackson
Kobe is just way more versatile a player than Bran. Who can only ball dominate and pick and rolol

VIP2000
07-05-2014, 06:31 PM

You're forgetting Gasol was the 2nd option while Bosh is the 3rd option. Bosh's stats would obviously go up if it was LeBron plus Bosh plus role players (minus Wade).

Duggrr
07-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Bosh on the Rockets scares the sh1t out of me.

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 08:46 PM
No, just no. Melo, Harden and George bring in just as much revenue as Griffin if not more. All those guys you listed are max contract players because of the demand for their skill set, not because of front office incompetency. It's supply and demand. There aren't a lot of players in this league with the potential to score 25 PPG, that's why those guys get big deals.

You don't NEED guys to score 25 ppg in this league :facepalm

If they do it at a MEANINGFUL rate like Dirk, Durant, Bran, etc. guys who can score high points on few shots, leaving the rest of the possessions to hopefully result in good looks from other guys then its great. If it takes you half your team's possessions to score 30 points or you give all your points back on defense, who cares??

Iso scoring is the most overrated thing in basketball, but I guess we still have fans who don't understand this.

andremiller07
07-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Had Rudy Gay opted out I would have given him near max to have him as the PF on the Kings. I would do a sign and trade to get him as well maybe do like Isaiah Thomas + Derrick Williams + Carl Landry + whatever other expiring deal.

Dengness9
07-06-2014, 02:00 AM

I agree w/ your theory but not the guys you listed.

All the market max guys you listed deserve the max. Bosh is now questionable but Miami has ZERO titles w/ out him. I wont downplay his importance.

iamgine
07-06-2014, 02:20 AM
I agree w/ your theory but not the guys you listed.

All the market max guys you listed deserve the max. Bosh is now questionable but Miami has ZERO titles w/ out him. I wont downplay his importance.
How is team x has zero title without player x has any relevance to deserving the max?

Horace Grant was also very very important to the threepeat bulls.

Meticode
07-06-2014, 03:54 AM
There's rumors that if LeBron commits to the Heat, Bosh would definitely resign with the Heat as well. When I hear this the first thing that comes to my mind is Basehead from Menace 2 Society in the cheeseburger scene.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/31650/menace-2-society-o.gif

Basehead: Hey check this out man, I got these cheeseburgers! They some double cheeseburgers.

O-Dog: *****, I just ate. Man I just ate fool. I don't want no mother****in' cheeseburgers, if you ain't got no money, you just assed out.

Basehead: [as O-Dog was Leaving] Man, Man I'll suck your dick, come on man just hook me up.

O-Dog: The **** you just say *****?

Basehead: I said I'll suck your dick, man! Come on now.

LoneyROY7
07-06-2014, 03:58 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GimmeThat
07-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Bosh, just remember that Elton Brand retired admirably

now GO OUT THERE AND GET THOSE $$$$

Brokenbeat
07-06-2014, 04:30 AM
There's rumors that if LeBron commits to the Heat, Bosh would definitely resign with the Heat as well. When I hear this the first thing that comes to my mind is Basehead from Menace 2 Society in the cheeseburger scene.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/31650/menace-2-society-o.gif

Basehead: Hey check this out man, I got these cheeseburgers! They some double cheeseburgers.

O-Dog: *****, I just ate. Man I just ate fool. I don't want no mother****in' cheeseburgers, if you ain't got no money, you just assed out.

Basehead: [as O-Dog was Leaving] Man, Man I'll suck your dick, come on man just hook me up.

O-Dog: The **** you just say *****?

Basehead: I said I'll suck your dick, man! Come on now.

Classic scene, lol.

Lebron23
07-06-2014, 04:44 AM
I hope they offer him a max contract. And they are going to regret it in the next 3-4 years.

Torious
07-06-2014, 04:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/I5FGlor.jpg

Great second/third option. Not even remotely a first option.

Damn, look at them Rebound numbers! He really needs to go to a team that'll put him back in the paint.

Lebron23
07-06-2014, 04:57 AM
Damn, look at them Rebound numbers! He really needs to go to a team that'll put him back in the paint.

It sucks to see him getting out rebounded by a 38 yrs.old Duncan in the finals. The Heat would have been a much better team if they have Al Jefferson.. Just watch How Prime zach randolph outplayed team duncan in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

INDI
07-06-2014, 06:18 AM

Welcome to the world of small markets. It may suck but truthfully the only way to get stars to go to places like utah/Charlotte etc... is to over pay.

A pitch for the same dollar amount to play for a contender in a beautiful city vs a lottery team in a cold climate never goes well for the lottery team. Only way for it to work in their favor is $$$

Human Error
07-06-2014, 08:14 AM
No the original post was legit and you are wrong. Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Love are not max players in terms of what they do on the floor. I would say that only Lebron, Durant, Dwight and Paul are true max players.

GimmeThat
07-06-2014, 08:55 AM
"Bosh, you can put up 15/5 and teams are probably willing to pay you 15-16 mil. But do you think you can fake a few interview and tell them you can put up 19/8 so you can get a max contract?"

"Roarrrrrrrrrrrr"

"Bosh?"

Marlo_Stanfield
07-06-2014, 08:59 AM
LeBron is the GOAT:confusedshrug:

yeaaaman
07-06-2014, 10:27 AM
It sucks to see him getting out rebounded by a 38 yrs.old Duncan in the finals. The Heat would have been a much better team if they have Al Jefferson.. Just watch How Prime zach randolph outplayed team duncan in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

Tim Duncan out rebounds most players. Hard for Bosh to also get rebounds being camped at the 3pt line also.

That's a bad comparison, because Prime Zach Randolph out rebounds most of the league also. Chris Bosh is and will never be Zbo. Zbo will never be Chris Bosh.

As well, Al Jefferson is by no means a good defender, while Chris Bosh apparently by the numbers is the best pick and roll defender in the league. People look at stats and say omg he only scored 8pts he's horrible.

yeaaaman
07-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the world of small markets. It may suck but truthfully the only way to get stars to go to places like utah/Charlotte etc... is to over pay.

A pitch for the same dollar amount to play for a contender in a beautiful city vs a lottery team in a cold climate never goes well for the lottery team. Only way for it to work in their favor is $$$

Exactly. It isn't bad management to overpay for a player who wouldn't come their in any other circumstance. You have to be able to secure players. Paying them is one way of doing that for small market teams, this shouldn't be a surprise.

GimmeThat
07-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Tim Duncan out rebounds most players. Hard for Bosh to also get rebounds being camped at the 3pt line also.

That's a bad comparison, because Prime Zach Randolph out rebounds most of the league also. Chris Bosh is and will never be Zbo. Zbo will never be Chris Bosh.

As well, Al Jefferson is by no means a good defender, while Chris Bosh apparently by the numbers is the best pick and roll defender in the league. People look at stats and say omg he only scored 8pts he's horrible.

I wonder what happens if he missed one playoff on his next team, and spent the extra 2 months relaxing and conditioning himself.

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Exactly. It isn't bad management to overpay for a player who wouldn't come their in any other circumstance. You have to be able to secure players. Paying them is one way of doing that for small market teams, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Yes it is because you can build a strong team without overpaying a free agent (like the nuggets have for many years in the last decade) or you can take your chances getting a superstar in the lottery, and plenty of superstars are willing to stay in small markets if they have a good team around them (Duncan, Durant, Bran would have stayed if CLE were legit contenders, KG was willing to stay for a long time, etc.)

Overpaying a Carmelo or a James Harden is the hardest way to win a title IMO. They're just not good enough to take up that much salary. Overpaying guys in this CBA is virtually never going to be a successful approach.

riseagainst
07-06-2014, 12:24 PM

'pretty much this.

edrick
07-06-2014, 12:29 PM
'pretty much this.

So Lebron turned Wade into a spot up shooter? :rolleyes:

Hey Yo
07-06-2014, 12:32 PM

He's already said his post ups and banging down low for rebounds days are over.

Why would any team give him the max if he's refusing to post up and go down low?

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 01:02 PM
So Lebron turned Wade into a spot up shooter? :rolleyes:

Dont forget Birdman. Dude was camped out at the line practically every minute he was on the court.

GimmeThat
07-06-2014, 01:07 PM
He's already said his post ups and banging down low for rebounds days are over.

Why would any team give him the max if he's refusing to post up and go down low?

oh man, had Reggie Miller came out of retirement and played for the Celtics.

Heavincent
07-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Dont forget Birdman. Dude was camped out at the line practically every minute he was on the court.

You're being obtuse Mr. closet Bran dick rider. You think it's a coincidence that Bosh got pushed further and further away from the basket? It was so Bran could pad his assist totals via drive and kick. Everyone clear out for Bran!

Notice how Bosh had to change his game significantly when he went to Miami. How come Pau didn't have to make any concessions when he went to L.A to play with that selfish ball stopping ego maniac? :confusedshrug: Same amount of shot attempts from the same spots on the floor.

I'm just saying...the "ultimate unselfish teammate" thing is silly in regards to Bran. That applies to guys like Jason Kidd (on the court at least), Iguodala, etc. Bran loves padding his assist totals, even if it makes guys like Bosh play in a way they're not really used to.

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Y

Notice how Bosh had to change his game significantly when he went to Miami. How come Pau didn't have to make any concessions when he went to L.A to play with that selfish ball stopping ego maniac? :confusedshrug: Same amount of shot attempts from the same spots on the floor.

Because Brans game is driving into the paint. Why would you pack the paint with tall defenders when Bosh can draw a big all the way to the perimeter and knock down a shot if his man stays to help on Bran?? :facepalm Who cares what Bosh is used to doing, the goal is to win, not to pacify Chris Bash.

Kobrick is an iso perimeter chucker so whenever someone managed to wrestle the ball from Kobrick and throw it in the post or Pau was able to rebound one of the bricks, he was already in the post and could go to work without Bean in his way.

Lakers would have been far better off if Kibe shot less (as stats prove every year) but obviously being the selfish and insecure diva he always had to make sure he was getting the most credit, even tho Pau had the most important impact. Fortunately for Kibe and the rest of them, the TEAM managed to overcome his desperate need to be the hero and play well enough together that he didnt destroy their chances altho a few times he nearly did.

Hey Yo
07-06-2014, 01:30 PM
You're being obtuse Mr. closet Bran dick rider. You think it's a coincidence that Bosh got pushed further and further away from the basket? It was so Bran could pad his assist totals via drive and kick. Everyone clear out for Bran!

I'm just saying...the "ultimate unselfish teammate" thing is silly in regards to Bran. That applies to guys like Jason Kidd (on the court at least), Iguodala, etc. Bran loves padding his assist totals, even if it makes guys like Bosh play in a way they're not really used to.

In an interview with NBA.com

Heavincent
07-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Because Brans game is driving into the paint. Why would you pack the paint with tall defenders when Bosh can draw a big all the way to the perimeter and knock down a shot if his man stays to help on Bran?? :facepalm:

Oh, so much for Bran's game being able to fit with anybody without making concessions. Look at Bosh's shot chart over the years. That says it all.

Kobrick is an iso perimeter chucker so whenever someone managed to wrestle the ball from Kobrick and throw it in the post or Pau was able to rebound one of the bricks, he was already in the post and could go to work without Bean in his way.

Really? Cause Kobe was usually the one setting up Pau in the post. You think Fisher was the one running the offense? :roll: He was a spot up shooter. An older Mario Chalmers. Kobe set up Pau in the high and low post, just how he liked it, and would also run pick and rolls and give it to Pau in a situation where he could take the shot himself, or set up a teammate (one of Pau's best attributes). In other words, he actually utilized Pau's skillset to the fullest.

Lakers would have been far better off if Kibe shot less (as stats prove every year) but onviously being the selfish and insecure diva he always had to make sure he was getting the most credit, even tho Pau had the most important impact.

That's funny, because Kobe's shot attempts were among the highest in the league in 4 of their 5 championships. There goes that theory.

STATUTORY
07-06-2014, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]In an interview with NBA.com

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 01:39 PM
lol @ people giving credit to kobe for pau. yeah it's not like they had the 2nd greatest coach of alltime or anything :oldlol: while LBJ had erik spoelstra.