PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in Bosh's situation?

played0ut
07-05-2014, 03:07 PM
I would leave and look for a max elsewhere.

He's already won 2 rings--but as a 3rd option. In the future he'll be put AT MOST on the same tier as a James Worthy, and at worst, just a role player for actual great players. He could win another 3 rings with the Heat and would still not be considered top 5 PF.

But he's still in his prime. At this point I would work on my legacy and strive to be the man on another team, even if he doesn't win. Be the man. Be a star again. GTFO of Miami.

Thoughts?

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Bosh is not an alltime great and he has plenty of interests outside of basketball. I doubt hes making this decision based on his "legacy". Besides, he's already set to go down as GOAT gay PF. Unless Duncan or Barkley make any sort of unforeseen announcements.

G.O.A.T.
07-05-2014, 03:15 PM
max

IncarceratedBob
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Lmao Worthy shits all over Bosh hahaha wow

SamuraiSWISH
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Take money and go home to play in Dallas. He's got his 1.5 ring. Now he's just a scape goat, and under appreciated part in Miami's success or failures. Why stay and be abused there?

97 bulls
07-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Take money and go home to play in Dallas. He's got his 1.5 ring. Now he's just a scape goat, and under appreciated part in Miami's success or failures. Why stay and be abused there?
I agree. He drastically under apprecited

KevinDurant35
07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
max
max

played0ut
07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Bosh is not an alltime great and he has plenty of interests outside of basketball. I doubt hes making this decision based on his "legacy". Besides, he's already set to go down as GOAT gay PF. Unless Duncan or Barkley make any sort of unforeseen announcements.

You're right, he's not an all time great. But if he's on his own team, or at least as a great 2nd option, he'd be a lot more than just a glorified role player. He's in a rare position in that he probably has the option of being one of the few NBA players that can go be a max 1st option elsewhere.

How many hundreds of NBA players were never able to be in that position? He SHOULD worry about his legacy.

exactly

r0drig0lac
07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
raptors

BallsOut
07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
He's very lucky he played for the Heat. Guys like Amare deserves a championship rings than him. You see how Stoudemire put up much better numbers than Bosh in their entire playoffs career, and he was actually a top 3-5 player in the league during his prime.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

aj1987
07-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Go to Houston if they offer me anywhere near the max. Perfect situation too. He can play out of the post and keep shooting jumpers as long as Dwight is there.

Heck, if Houston is somehow able to get rid of Haren and acquire Melo and Bosh, that team is guaranteed to win a title.

el gringos
07-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Hope that Phoenix wants him

flipogb
07-05-2014, 03:31 PM
just got married and had a kid not too long ago, take the money

Lebron23
07-05-2014, 03:31 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
I am talking about pre knicks/injury Amare. He was a former all nba first team. Amare is a better player than Bosh. And he still has the better NBA Career. STAT averaged 27 ppg on 50 FG%, and 11 rpg against Prime Tim Duncan in the 2007 NBA Playoffs.

coin24
07-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Take the $$

Anfernee
07-05-2014, 03:35 PM
He should sign pretty much anywhere he can get the max, be on a playoff team in a cool city and just enjoy life. That Miami Heat stress and under-appreciation aint worth it. If he goes home to Dallas and helps keep them competitive he could cement nice connections that will help his brand for the rest of his life.

bluechox2
07-05-2014, 03:39 PM
stop making lebron rich and make yourself rich

step_back
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I am talking about pre knicks/injury Amare. He was a former all nba first team. Amare is a better player than Bosh. And he still has the better NBA Career. STAT averaged 27 ppg on 50 FG%, and 11 rpg against Prime Tim Duncan in the 2007 NBA Playoffs.

#32 STAT was a beast. He's either forgetful or he didn't see him play before the Knicks.

LBJ4MVP23
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I would leave Miami and take close to max money in a city like Houston. On the heat all he has is LBJ, but wade is cutting into his salary big time. If wade was paid as per his production around 8 mil a year Bosh could get legit second option money. As it stands the coach and LBJ for some reason treat Wade as the second option when he should be the number 3.

Yes his chance of winning another ring is higher in Miami due to playing with LBJ and in the East, but if im Bosh im taking a big pay day and joining an exciting younger team. He still has a chance at a chip, alebit a smaller one, but will get more money and recognition.

If he were to put up 24-10 on Houston and gets to the conference finals performing as such his 2 won rings will be looked upon more favorably even though he wasnt a HUGE consistent factor in both. It sounds strange, but I believe the uneducated masses will respect him/his legacy more if he now went to another team and put up big stats there.

Nash
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM
always go for the money

DukeDelonte13
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Houston

Draz
07-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Leave for max. He has accolades under his belt, he isn't going to be legendary so why not go for money. Unless he's trying to become the best at his position.

lilgodfather1
07-05-2014, 04:16 PM
For players like LeBron, Duncan, Kobe, etc I can understand the logic in taking a paycut.

Either they will make it up in endorsements, or they are trying to maximize the win counts of their career. Completely understandable.

For guys like Bosh, who 5 years after his career is over people won't remember, I can't understand the logic of wanting to take a paycut. He doesn't have significant endorsements, and he will never be an all time great, even with 50 rings.

You have a set amount of years to make money, unless you are a LeBron, so go out there and get that money. I wouldn't even consider the idea of a paycut if I was Bosh.

AnaheimLakers24
07-05-2014, 04:21 PM
his wife looks like a whore who cheats on him. im sure she makes him stay so she can keep ****ing the pool boy. miami is a cancer

wakencdukest
07-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Take the max, stay in Miami.

Killbot
07-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Max in Houston for home state purpose (probably has a home there), no state income tax purpose, money purpose, and contending purpose.

KBaller33
07-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Houston makes TOO much sense.

fragokota
07-05-2014, 05:13 PM
They guy got two chips.The thing is the mia situation is getting ridiculous.Bosh got trasnformed into a spot up shooter.I think he should leave for a destination where he will be a #1 option again.

Artillery
07-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Max in Houston for home state purpose (probably has a home there), no state income tax purpose, money purpose, and contending purpose.

Florida doesn't have state income tax either.

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2014, 05:22 PM
#32 STAT was a beast. He's either forgetful or he didn't see him play before the Knicks.

Amare pre injuries was no joke, he could score on anyone and was a handful to defend inside. If he couldnt go around you, he would go right through you to get to the basket.

kentatm
07-05-2014, 05:32 PM
just got married and had a kid not too long ago, take the money

this

SpecialQue
07-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Chances are he'll never get this much money again. He should take what he can get. Plus leaving Miami allows the Heat to keep Wade and get some decent role players to surround him and Lebron.

kentatm
07-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Florida doesn't have state income tax either.

yes but there are 3 Texas teams to only 2 in Florida so he would end up saving more money via taxes since you are taxed based on where you play each game

Hey Yo
07-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Why would any team give him the max when he's already said that his days of banging down low for rebounds and posting up are over.

He said he doesn't want to do that anymore.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2014, 06:20 PM
What's his family situation like?

STATUTORY
07-05-2014, 06:29 PM
What's his family situation like?
all beard

played0ut
07-09-2014, 08:24 PM
do it. get the **** out. make your mark.

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Take the money. Plus he would be more appreciated by Rockets' fans and he would be able to play his natural position without having to guard centers.

Derka
07-09-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm not getting the loyalty to Lebron. I'm really not. He could be giving you handjobs after every game and I still don't see how you sit on $22 million a year and a starting role on a Western Conference powerhouse that would be built perfectly for you....to wait on being Lebron's third wheel. Pretty sure I'm missing something here.

LoneyROY7
07-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Nut up and join those corny f*ckers in Houston.

navy
07-09-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm not getting the loyalty to Lebron. I'm really not. He could be giving you handjobs after every game and I still don't see how you sit on $22 million a year and a starting role on a Western Conference powerhouse that would be built perfectly for you....to wait on being Lebron's third wheel. Pretty sure I'm missing something here.
Because the only people that complain about Bosh's role are people on ISH. Bosh likes Miami and playing with Lebron . All that unappreciated nonsense is just forum noise. It's not that hard to see. :confusedshrug:

sammichoffate
07-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Not gonna lie, he takes a lot of shit from some Miami/all Lebron stans. I would go for the money, good chance of him showing how he's not just a third option on a championship team.