PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop using the term "Max Salary"?

bagelred
07-05-2014, 04:05 PM
A "Max Salary" is thrown around by journalists and poster here, but a max salary is very different for every player. A max salary for Hayward is very different than one for Bosh which is different than Melo which is different than Kobe.

So when we say "This guy wants a max salary", figure out how much that is and put THAT in the title.

Dwyane Wade wants a max salary. Great! How much is that? How many years is that? Give us specifics...saying "max salary" means nothing to me...

There. You have been scolded. Think about what you've done....:no:

JimmyMcAdocious
07-05-2014, 04:08 PM
OP is mad he's an MLE-level poster.

RichieW
07-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Bit of an exaggeration to say it's different for every player. There are 3 max salaries depending on years played in the NBA and then there are dozen or so players whose salary is already above the max and thus are able to get more.

A max salary is still a relevant term to use to describe the maximum a player is entitled to in their next contact, regardless as to whether it is different for different players.

AKADS
07-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Plus if a player on his rookie contract makes an all NBA team twice or wins the MVP his max contract is able to be 30 percent of the cap and not the typical 25 percent. The max contacts also haven't been officially announced as they are based off the salary cap which hasn't be set yet.

Stop trying to make people use a term just cause you don't understand it.

magnax1
07-05-2014, 04:45 PM
No. We cant. Theyre all at least 15+ mill.

Draz
07-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Bagel mad he got the MLE salary on ish

Bless Mathews
07-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Slayed.

Jasper
07-06-2014, 07:03 PM
A "Max Salary" is thrown around by journalists and poster here, but a max salary is very different for every player. A max salary for Hayward is very different than one for Bosh which is different than Melo which is different than Kobe.

So when we say "This guy wants a max salary", figure out how much that is and put THAT in the title.

Dwyane Wade wants a max salary. Great! How much is that? How many years is that? Give us specifics...saying "max salary" means nothing to me...

There. You have been scolded. Think about what you've done....:no:
you are right , but I will never forget when in his last championship year Jordan mad e something like 33 Million dollars , he was worth every penny cause the league and the Bulls basically thanks for carrying us .. but every shot he took was more than I made in ONE YEAR...

YIKES

b1imtf
07-06-2014, 07:04 PM
GG.

ballup
07-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Way overpaid.