PDA

View Full Version : The winner of the Melo sweepstake is the team that does NOT get him

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry, I think he's too one dimensional to be a franchise player. ISO ball can only get you so far until the other team realizes all they have to do is put their player on you, throw the double team, and egg you into a 3 point shooting contest. If Melo is so damn good, then explain to me why the knicks still suck a*s? Sure he's had some success in Denver, but that prob has more to do with George Karl than him. Of course, this is all subjective, so fire away.

With that said, look at the list of FA in 2015-2017:

KD
Anthony Davis
Damian Lilliard
Kevin Love
Kawhi Leonard
Lamarcus Aldridge
Marc Gasol

And many more ..

I'm not saying all of those guys are better than Melo. Each player is better suited for a particular team, for example, if I were the bulls, I would rather wait for Anthony Davis because I think he is a better fit with Thibs and his defense mantra. Davis and Noah protecting the rim = the spurs twin towers of Duncan and Robinson = a championship.

Just my opinion. I have absolutely no faith in Melo; I think teams should wait it out for players better suited for their team. If I were the Lakers, I would be aiming for KD and Anthony Davis, not Melo. If I were the Heat, I would try to clear cap space to get Marc Gasol, and if I were the rockets, I would try and get Damian Lilliard. All of them are better fits for their respective teams imo.

aboss4real24
07-05-2014, 07:08 PM
How do the knicks suck a s s wen they made it the 2nd round back wen they were actually healthy?

STATUTORY
07-05-2014, 07:10 PM
highly accurate. melo is not a max player on a title team

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 07:10 PM
How do the knicks suck a s s wen they made it the 2nd round back wen they were actually healthy?

Jeremy Lin.

longtime lurker
07-05-2014, 07:12 PM
With the way people talk about Melo you'd think the guy should be in the D-league

aboss4real24
07-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Jeremy Lin.

Lin wasnt on the knicks last year ......

and they lost in the 1st round wen they had lin

Just proves u a dum as z Ngga http://imageshack.us/a/img837/9086/jayzbiglaugh2.png

RidonKs
07-05-2014, 07:13 PM
he makes the bulls a legitimate contender

every other team would be wasting their money. especially the lakers and the rockets.

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Lin wasnt on the knicks last year ......

and they lost in the 1st round wen they had lin

Just proves u a dum as z Ngga :oldlol:

Fair enough, I don't follow sh*tty teams, especially in a sh*t conference: the east.

raprap
07-05-2014, 07:15 PM
2nd round :lol

CHi1PriDe
07-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Fair enough, I don't follow sh*tty teams, especially in a sh*t conference: the east.

Damn you straight up ethered him, why u wanna go and do that son :eek:

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 07:17 PM
he makes the bulls a legitimate contender

every other team would be wasting their money. especially the lakers and the rockets.

I beg to differ. Thibs is all about defense and that is the success formula the bulls have. With Melo, that formula will deteriorate. What looks good on paper won't translate to real world success. The best fit would be Anthony Davis. I doubt he'll stay a Pelican. Dude's itching for the big market; with him protecting the rim next to Noah it'll fit right in Thibs game plan. A guy like Davis might not put up 30 like Melo, but it'll make the team more well rounded and the interior defense the best since Prime Duncan and Robinson.

IncarceratedBob
07-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge sucks

MellowYellow
07-05-2014, 08:04 PM

Then you shouldn't be talkin trash about a player you dont even watch. You are just regurgitating outdated and wrong info about Melo and you dont even watch him:biggums: How tf would you know if he is good or not.

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Then you shouldn't be talkin trash about a player you dont even watch. You are just regurgitating outdated and wrong info about Melo and you dont even watch him:biggums: How tf would you know if he is good or not.

Melo type players are the easiest to shut down according to any good coach. He is too one dimensional and chucks his way out of a bad shooting slump. Definitely not franchise worthy material. He's just a taller James Harden.

smoovegittar
07-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Melo type players are the easiest to shut down according to any good coach. He is too one dimensional and chucks his way out of a bad shooting slump. Definitely not franchise worthy material. He's just a taller James Harden.
You should stop replying, watch more hoop and learn something. Melo is top 5 in the game... forget what you read here. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 08:31 PM
You should stop replying, watch more hoop and learn something. Melo is top 5 in the game... forget what you read here. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:oldlol:

Ok if you say so.

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 08:37 PM

KD
Anthony Davis
Damian Lilliard
Kevin Love
Kawhi Leonard
Lamarcus Aldridge
Marc Gasol

And many more ..

I'm not saying all of those guys are better than Melo. Each player is better suited for a particular team, for example, if I were the bulls, I would rather wait for Anthony Davis because I think he is a better fit with Thibs and his defense mantra. Davis and Noah protecting the rim = the spurs twin towers of Duncan and Robinson = a championship.

Just my opinion. I have absolutely no faith in Melo; I think teams should wait it out for players better suited for their team. If I were the Lakers, I would be aiming for KD and Anthony Davis, not Melo. If I were the Heat, I would try to clear cap space to get Marc Gasol, and if I were the rockets, I would try and get Damian Lilliard. All of them are better fits for their respective teams imo.

I am.

Real14
07-05-2014, 08:43 PM
:oldlol:

Ok if you say so.
You prolly don't watch him play:coleman:

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I am.

A man of true wisdom.

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 08:52 PM
You prolly don't watch him play:coleman:

Trust me, I've seen him play. He's just another Harden: a guy too one dimensional to co-exist with another legit franchise player. Don't forget, Melo had Iverson.

Real14
07-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Trust me, I've seen him play. He's just another Harden: a guy too one dimensional to co-exist with another legit franchise player. Don't forget, Melo had Iverson.
Melo was not good like he iz now back then and harden iz worse than melo anyway:rolleyes:

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Melo was not good like he iz now back then and harden iz worse than melo anyway:rolleyes:

I'm talking about style. If I was a coach, it would be really easy to stop players like him and Harden since they're ball stoppers and aren't versatile enough (on defense, passing, cuts, team plays, etc.) to dominate other than going ISO and chucking a fade away with 4 guys on them, including the guy guarding them.

RidonKs
07-05-2014, 09:07 PM
I beg to differ. Thibs is all about defense and that is the success formula the bulls have. With Melo, that formula will deteriorate. What looks good on paper won't translate to real world success. The best fit would be Anthony Davis. I doubt he'll stay a Pelican. Dude's itching for the big market; with him protecting the rim next to Noah it'll fit right in Thibs game plan. A guy like Davis might not put up 30 like Melo, but it'll make the team more well rounded and the interior defense the best since Prime Duncan and Robinson.
every gm in the league would rather sign davis next year than melo this year. that isn't in the cards. you might as well suggest the bulls trade everybody away for beans and hope for a really great prospect in 2016. that's silly.

melo is available now. he's a great fit on a hardworking team that needs a scoring punch on the wing and already has the infrastructure to cover his defensive liabilities. the team culture also seems ideal for where melo's current headspace. next to jimmy butler is close to ideal. gibson spaces the floor and noah is a phenomenal playmaker at center. rose is the x-factor. decent bench. weak conference. silly opportunity to pass up, especially praying on a crapshoot a year later.

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 09:15 PM
every gm in the league would rather sign davis next year than melo this year. that isn't in the cards. you might as well suggest the bulls trade everybody away for beans and hope for a really great prospect in 2016. that's silly.

melo is available now. he's a great fit on a hardworking team that needs a scoring punch on the wing and already has the infrastructure to cover his defensive liabilities. the team culture also seems ideal for where melo's current headspace. next to jimmy butler is close to ideal. gibson spaces the floor and noah is a phenomenal playmaker at center. rose is the x-factor. decent bench. weak conference. silly opportunity to pass up, especially praying on a crapshoot a year later.

How is signing Davis a bigger gamble than signing Melo? Every team worth a f*ck wants Melo this year, so it goes to reason going for Davis would be no different next year.

RidonKs
07-05-2014, 09:21 PM
How is signing Davis a bigger gamble than signing Melo? Every team worth a f*ck wants Melo this year, so it goes to reason going for Davis would be no different next year.
davis will be the most coveted prospect in the entire league. teams will be bending over backwards trying to lure him. melo is being pursued by what, four teams? he's a perfect fit in chicago whereas going for davis leaves a whole on the wing. in addition to the fact that, in spite of your hunch, davis might not even go anywhere.

signing davis isn't the gamble. not signing him is.

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Simply having Anthony isn't the problem, it's having him for a max contract. The current CBA is more restrictive than the last when it comes to collecting expensive talent. Even the best players need great teams around them to win championships, but the lesser a player is the more around him he'll need. We saw what 20M/yr for Carmelo got the Knicks. Nothing. He's not a dominant player just because he scores a lot of points. He's not a great defender, he's a poor passer and never knows when to swing the ball instead of pull up for a bad look. And he doesn't score his points with great efficiency like KD/Dirk/Bran etc. If you think you can just put 4 defenders around Anthony and his offense is going to be enough to get a team through the playoffs? You're dreaming. You're going to need more offensive firepower, but the problem is there are so many offensive players Carmelo doesn't mesh with.

He's honestly just not that valuable. Can you win with him if you have enough other talent on the team? Sure. But that's true of just about any NBA player. I mean how many guys can you simply NOT win with if you have stacked quality around them? Not many.

Carmelo at MOST is worth $12-13M a year. He is a ROLE PLAYER. But it's impossible to explain this to the pea brained fans who think points-per-game equates to impact.

RidonKs
07-05-2014, 09:44 PM
derrick rose and joakim noah are running out of time. you're already paying rose and you aren't going to amnesty him so you might as well put as much talent around him as possible and hope he works out. butler and gibson are locked in for the next two seasons.

this isn't just about throwing money at whoever is available. melo around those four with a healthy rose is in contention to win the championship. you're probably right, he'd make a little more than he warrants, but most guys in the league do and it's rare you can contend without overpaying a few stars.

and let's not pretend the bulls are offering the barn here, it's like 17-18 / year i think. less than the rockets and lakers. imo a very fair offer that won't shitcan their options for the next four years. and it's a really great fit in terms of personnel. they'll be competing with the same comp from last year since nobody else in the east is going to get markedly better. they'll be close to favourites. anything can happen in the finals even if they're the underdog.

that's the bulls side. it's a great opportunity for them and i'm not surprised they're looking to take advantage.

edit: i don't know what you mean by "hes a role player". he puts up 30 per. i know you hate one dimensional scorers but its still the name of the game. and the rest of the lineup isn't made up of just defenders and rebounders... they just happen to be good at that too. rose is a playmaker, meaning melo will be getting easy and quick scoring opportunities for the first time since billups. noah is a very heady offensive player. butler is still improving, multi-dimensional player. dunleavey can fire away.

this is a really good team. wtf are you talking about? lol

RidonKs
07-05-2014, 09:51 PM
We saw what 20M/yr for Carmelo got the Knicks. Nothing.
thats just lazy. the knicks last season were disastrous and only a fraction of the blame can go anywhere near anthony. the year before that they won 50 games and lost to the pacers in the second round. the team around him wasn't anywhere NEAR what the bulls would be putting around him. i hope i don't need to say anythign about raymond felton and jr smith.

IamRAMBO24
07-05-2014, 09:55 PM
thats just lazy. the knicks last season were disastrous and only a fraction of the blame can go anywhere near anthony. the year before that they won 50 games and lost to the pacers in the second round. the team around him wasn't anywhere NEAR what the bulls would be putting around him. i hope i don't need to say anythign about raymond felton and jr smith.

Clouded eyes. I don't see Melo as a good fit for Thibs system. Dude will literally take out a scorer because of his laziness on defense. Melo can be lazy on defense and he can kill team chemistry with ISO ball. Signing him is a gamble. Not everything on paper will work out in real life.

Draz
07-05-2014, 10:04 PM
KD is resigning. No questions. Only thing I like there is Damien and Davis

Akrazotile
07-05-2014, 11:43 PM
derrick rose and joakim noah are running out of time. you're already paying rose and you aren't going to amnesty him so you might as well put as much talent around him as possible and hope he works out. butler and gibson are locked in for the next two seasons.

this isn't just about throwing money at whoever is available. melo around those four with a healthy rose is in contention to win the championship. you're probably right, he'd make a little more than he warrants, but most guys in the league do and it's rare you can contend without overpaying a few stars.

and let's not pretend the bulls are offering the barn here, it's like 17-18 / year i think. less than the rockets and lakers. imo a very fair offer that won't shitcan their options for the next four years. and it's a really great fit in terms of personnel. they'll be competing with the same comp from last year since nobody else in the east is going to get markedly better. they'll be close to favourites. anything can happen in the finals even if they're the underdog.

that's the bulls side. it's a great opportunity for them and i'm not surprised they're looking to take advantage.

edit: i don't know what you mean by "hes a role player". he puts up 30 per. i know you hate one dimensional scorers but its still the name of the game. and the rest of the lineup isn't made up of just defenders and rebounders... they just happen to be good at that too. rose is a playmaker, meaning melo will be getting easy and quick scoring opportunities for the first time since billups. noah is a very heady offensive player. butler is still improving, multi-dimensional player. dunleavey can fire away.

this is a really good team. wtf are you talking about? lol

If Melo had a decent IQ i think you would be right in terms of his talent being a good fit for the Bulls, but honestly the guy has an exceptionally low IQ for a "star." Look at the stumbling blocks Wade, James, and Bosh went through before gelling together and those guys are WAY smarter than Melo and Rose.

If you put CP3s brain into Rose's head and Ginobili's into Carmelo then you might have a title team but if you look at all championship teams, the common thread is not athleticism nor "talent" but virtually always IQ. Smart teams win in the playoffs and I would have zero faith in the combined IQ of their two most ball dominant players. I think people assume its as simple as just adding them together and getting their combined production. Its not. They would struggle to work together bc frankly theyre just not that smart.

Phiology
07-06-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry, I think he's too one dimensional to be a franchise player. ISO ball can only get you so far until the other team realizes all they have to do is put their player on you, throw the double team, and egg you into a 3 point shooting contest. If Melo is so damn good, then explain to me why the knicks still suck a*s? Sure he's had some success in Denver, but that prob has more to do with George Karl than him. Of course, this is all subjective, so fire away.

KD
Anthony Davis
Damian Lilliard
Kevin Love
Kawhi Leonard
Lamarcus Aldridge
Marc Gasol

And many more ..

I am also not a big fan of Melo, but your list is skewed.

Davis, Lillard and Kawaii are rookie contracts and thus restricted free agents, and there is no chance that they will not be resigned by their current teams.

This leaves Gasol, Aldrigde, KD and Love.

I personally would at least take the first three instead of Anthony. But even with them it is highly uncertain whether or not they will or want to move.

Love is definetely leaving (I am still thinking this FA and he will go where he wants to resign) so he is probably out to.

I think Aldridge will resign as well, KD if he is not too pissed about the Thunder not going forward. This leaves Gasol.

People go crazy about these big free agency players because chances to sign one of these are very rare.

Lebronxrings
07-06-2014, 10:50 AM
+Repped. Finally someone that doesn't overrate melo to the high heavens.

GimmeThat
07-06-2014, 11:32 AM
you know what Melo.

DON'T go to a small market team.