PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Gordon = Biggest bust of 2014 draft?

Olacinco
07-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Deez Fvckin scrubs :facepalm

BlazerRed
07-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Yep OP I agree he definitely could be.. why do you post on multiple accounts?

PleezeBehave
07-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Overreaction to summer league, let alone ONE summer league game... Priceless.

blacknapalm
07-06-2014, 08:32 AM

true, but i sort of pegged him as overrated to begin with. tweener in the mold of marvin williams. said the same about marcus smart, but at least he has physical tools on offense if he can continue to improve on his shooting and passing

PleezeBehave
07-06-2014, 08:54 AM
true, but i sort of pegged him as overrated to begin with. tweener in the mold of marvin williams. said the same about marcus smart, but at least he has physical tools on offense if he can continue to improve on his shooting and passing

Lets at least give Aaron a few years to grow (he's 18) and build on his game, before calling him a bust. He's played ONE SL game. ONE.

JohnFreeman
07-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Not sure, haven't seen him play a NBA game

roffie
07-06-2014, 09:30 AM
one game........

Take Your Lumps
07-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Ultra-athletic.
Elite defensive instincts.
18 years old.

He'll be in the league for a long time. Not sure yet if he'll develop a well-rounded offensive game but just taking those three things into consideration, I think he has a chance to be a really good player.

It seems like every move the Magic GM makes, he gets a ton of initial hate for it and then a year or two later people sing his praises.

Cactus-Sack
07-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Meh, marvin William has been a solid contributor to some mediocre teams I see this kid being the same.

G.O.A.T.
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Julius Randle

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Ultra-athletic.
Elite defensive instincts.
18 years old.

He'll be in the league for a long time. Not sure yet if he'll develop a well-rounded offensive game but just taking those three things into consideration, I think he has a chance to be a really good player.

It seems like every move the Magic GM makes, he gets a ton of initial hate for it and then a year or two later people sing his praises.
this. the kid is quick as hell. 3s or 4s will have trouble staying in front of his quick step. if he gets a jumpshot it's over.

Dbrog
07-06-2014, 01:48 PM
ehhh he'll be ok. Idk if you can really be a bust anyway if you were only ever pegged as a role player. Actually for some reason reminds me of Hansbrough. People thought he was gonna be a solid pro and actually, he kinda was with his rebounding. I'm actually shocked people aren't giving him more playing time. He had a really nice playoff run with the Pacers that one year.

fatboy11
07-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Always easy to spot the morons.

JellyBean
07-06-2014, 01:51 PM
I remember reading where Magic Johnson struggled during a Summer League game, actually quite a few of them, when he was drafted by the Lakers decades ago. I think he turned out okay. You think? I will wait before I call the kid a bust.

HomieWeMajor
07-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Poor man's Hakim Warrick

IncarceratedBob
07-06-2014, 01:55 PM
He's light years ahead of what Blake Griffin was at this age.

Djetic
07-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I understand overreactions over one game in competition which is glorified pickup game at best, but this guy hasn't showed anything elite on college like you claim to be worth of lottery pick, especially this high on draft.I understand he is only 18 but there is so many holes in his game that maybe not even 3 years of NBA basketball will be enough for him to reach his potential and improve significantly.So far he is more of an athlete than basketball player.

Orlando needed a player with star potential on this draft and they ended up drafting energy guy who will probably be very good role player in his NBA career.I hope things go well for him and exceed my expectations for him which is at best case scenario Shawn Marion.

Milbuck
07-06-2014, 04:10 PM
19 year old Blake at Oklahoma was putting up 23/14/3/1/1 on 65% shooting :oldlol:

Ca$H
07-06-2014, 04:13 PM

He is more of a gay shawn marion than a gay blake griffin.

Smook A.
07-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Can't judge him yet. He hasn't even played an NBA game yet. People were calling MCW a bust after his first summer league game and he ended up having a great rookie year.

IncarceratedBob
07-06-2014, 04:21 PM
19 year old Blake at Oklahoma was putting up 23/14/3/1/1 on 65% shooting :oldlol:
Lmao stop being a box score warrior

I'm talking raw skills and pure ability

Milbuck
07-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Which doesn't change anything. Blake as a prospect >>> Gordon.

kentatm
07-06-2014, 04:28 PM
I think it was '06 when the Mavs had Devin Harris, Josh Howard, and Marquis Daniels all play on the same summer league team. They didnt win a single game.

Then all of them ended up being major contributors in their Finals run that season.

KNOW1EDGE
07-06-2014, 04:31 PM
OP needs to jump off a bridge

Take Your Lumps
07-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Missed the game yesterday and just watched some highlights...Gordon at his age and size has surprisingly good handles and his movements offensively are really fluid. His shot needs a lot of work. Fortunately for him he has a ton of time.

Will he put it all together? I don't know but I can see why Orlando picked him at #4...gotta take a big man there rather than at #12.

PGs are a dime a dozen...championship teams rarely have all-star PGs on them.

outbreak
07-06-2014, 05:57 PM
He's 18 years old. He won't start looking good for at least a season or two.

outbreak
07-06-2014, 06:00 PM
I understand overreactions over one game in competition which is glorified pickup game at best, but this guy hasn't showed anything elite on college like you claim to be worth of lottery pick, especially this high on draft.I understand he is only 18 but there is so many holes in his game that maybe not even 3 years of NBA basketball will be enough for him to reach his potential and improve significantly.So far he is more of an athlete than basketball player.

Orlando needed a player with star potential on this draft and they ended up drafting energy guy who will probably be very good role player in his NBA career.I hope things go well for him and exceed my expectations for him which is at best case scenario Shawn Marion.
Remind me which player from this Draft is already a star? Everyone has question marks this season

Take Your Lumps
07-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Remind me which player from this Draft is already a star? Everyone has question marks this season

Obviously Dante Exum who the Magic should have taken over Gordon because reasons.

rightsideup
07-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Kid had one bad game. Block was priceless

BigTicket
07-06-2014, 06:05 PM
He can't be much of a bust, since the expectations weren't very high to begin with.

I don't think he's worth a 4th pick, but I do think he will be a solid roleplayer.

dreamwarrior
07-06-2014, 07:26 PM
He's not supposed to be good immediately. Think 3-5 years down the road.

outbreak
07-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Obviously Dante Exum who the Magic should have taken over Gordon because reasons.

So your one of the people arguing that Gordon is an athlete not a basketballer yet you consider Exum a star purely based on his looks and athleticism considering he has only played a couple of games against college level players and in the u19s game he was shut down by smart and payton? Exum has just as much chance to be a bust as Gordon does, personally I think Exum will be a better player and that we should have taken him but right now both have just an many issues. It's far too early to be judging these picks right now.

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 07:45 PM
So your one of the people arguing that Gordon is an athlete not a basketballer yet you consider Exum a star purely based on his looks and athleticism considering he has only played a couple of games against college level players and in the u19s game he was shut down by smart and payton? Exum has just as much chance to be a bust as Gordon does, personally I think Exum will be a better player and that we should have taken him but right now both have just an many issues. It's far too early to be judging these picks right now.
he's being sarcastic outbreak :D

moe94
07-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Lmao stop being a box score warrior

:roll: :roll:

What? That doesn't even mean ANYTHING. In what ways? Stop using buzzwords.

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 10:25 PM
:roll: :roll:

What? That doesn't even mean ANYTHING. In what ways? Stop using buzzwords.
Stop ****ing patronizing people moe. You sit here and do this shit everyday. You're on your last straw with me.

moe94
07-06-2014, 10:31 PM
You're on the NBA forum. Explain how Gordon, who you clearly have a bias towards, is better than Blake at the same age in terms of ability. If you cannot do that, do not reply.

Boarder Patrol
07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Stop ****ing patronizing people moe. You sit here and do this shit everyday. You're on your last straw with me.

Lawd the irony :lol

Rubio2Gasol
07-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Coaching and Development.

Orlando has usually been alright in that department. The rest of their organization is an utter failure, but this should.stop.the kid from being a bust. If he had s bad attitude and ended up in Charlotte, could see him being Tyrus Thomas. But I think at the least he'll become a good defender and learn to.use his quickness on offense.

russwest0
07-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Doesn't Aaron Gordon rank like 2nd from this draft class in 10 year RAPM metrics?

Magic fans need to ****ing chill

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 10:36 PM
I didn't say he was, but you sit here and piss people off and troll them. You sit here and do this shit everyday and it will not fly with me. I will not sit back and allow you to troll other posters. Punishment will be swift and firm.

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Doesn't Aaron Gordon rank like 2nd from this draft class in 10 year RAPM metrics?

Magic fans need to ****ing chill
Link?

moe94
07-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Is this your idea of ironic comedy?

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm not falling for your trolling, moe. I know the strings to pull to have you never posting on this forum again. Don't mess with me.

Legends66NBA7
07-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Crazy twist to this thread.

Milbuck
07-06-2014, 10:51 PM
You're forcing it Jameer.

STATUTORY
07-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Crazy twist to this thread.

it's the Dawson unfriending Pacey arc of Dawson's Creek

moe94
07-06-2014, 10:54 PM
it's the Dawson unfriending Pacey arc of Dawson's Creek
:biggums:

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 11:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iFyTtqI.png
Your clock is ticking moe. This is why you don't mess with me. You are on borrowed time.