PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k14 MyCareer, LeBron James WTF????

Black and White
07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Just won my 2nd title last night on mycareer, and in the off-season LeBron James came to my house and asked me to team up with him, wtf????? :biggums: They promoting this in the game now?

Anyone else had this happen yet?

Nowitness
07-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Yes, and we won 36 straight

MP.Trey
07-06-2014, 04:53 PM
"Most realistic basketball game ever."

Black and White
07-06-2014, 04:55 PM
"Most realistic basketball game ever."

:oldlol: I like it how they made him do it AFTER I won the title.

rhowen4
07-06-2014, 04:57 PM
No because I play it on the ****ing PC. Not after 5 straight titles has he visited me. C'mon LeBron we could be so great together.

Shade8780
07-06-2014, 04:58 PM
I got traded to the Heat in my first season when I put in a trade request. He told me how excited he was in a cut-scene after. Haven't played that shit in months though, MyCAREER is way too frustrating. LeBron is averaging only like 20 PPG, Wade and Bosh are out for the season, and our best players outside of 20 PPG LeBron are Chalmers and Battier.

Black and White
07-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I got traded to the Heat in my first season when I put in a trade request. He told me how excited he was in a cut-scene after. Haven't played that shit in months though, MyCAREER is way too frustrating. LeBron is averaging only like 20 PPG, Wade and Bosh are out for the season, and our best players outside of 20 PPG LeBron are Chalmers and Battier.

I'm on the Grizzlies, and they traded Marc Gasol for Amare and Z-Bo for Taj Gibson,

Taj gets no minutes and Amare and Ed Davis are my starting forwards, the CPU trading in this game is stupid.

Nowitness
07-06-2014, 05:03 PM
LeChase

Shade8780
07-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm on the Grizzlies, and they traded Marc Gasol for Amare and Z-Bo for Taj Gibson,

Taj gets no minutes and Amare and Ed Davis are my starting forwards, the CPU trading in this game is stupid.
And that's not all. Gameplay in this is shitty. Feels like every game is scripted. We'll sometimes miss easy layups, miss wide-open threes with perfect release, and then the other team comes down and hits a fully contested three, and-1 to take a 30 point lead :lol

Black and White
07-06-2014, 05:10 PM
And that's not all. Gameplay in this is shitty. Feels like every game is scripted. We'll sometimes miss easy layups, miss wide-open threes with perfect release, and then the other team comes down and hits a fully contested three, and-1 to take a 30 point lead :lol

Yea I get that same feeling, that there are certian games that you are not meant to win, no matter what you do, you will bring it back, get subbed off and come back in and you are getting blown out again.

Lebronxrings
07-06-2014, 05:10 PM
...tbh this actually happened to me... We didn't end up teaming though...

Milbuck
07-06-2014, 05:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcEoB72_55I

:biggums:

Black and White
07-06-2014, 05:16 PM

crazy huh?

Mr. Incredible
07-06-2014, 05:31 PM

Smoove is a beast.

inclinerator
07-06-2014, 05:43 PM
i cant even score 20 points on good efficiency, help brahs is it just a rookie thang?

Black and White
07-06-2014, 05:47 PM
i cant even score 20 points on good efficiency, help brahs is it just a rookie thang?

Deadeye and Finisher are 2 skills I recommend getting when you can, then upgrade your mid-range, layup and shot close and inside, once you complete those and attack the lane, your fg% will skyrocket.

KG215
07-06-2014, 06:20 PM

The computer rotation logic is even worse, which this sort of alludes to. In my MyGM, the Heat signed Andrew Bogut in the off-season (LeBron went to Orlando). Since Bosh is listed as a C on the game, and somehow he and Bogut had the same rating, Bogut started at C and Bosh is averaging about 14 minutes per game. Shane Battier starts at PF and averages around 25 MPG.

Rotations and minute distribution has always been shit in MyPlayer. It just sucks not having an Association mode on PS4 where you can do 30 team control and actually set the lineups/rotations for every team.

Black and White
07-06-2014, 06:27 PM
The computer rotation logic is even worse, which this sort of alludes to. In my MyGM, the Heat signed Andrew Bogut in the off-season (LeBron went to Orlando). Since Bosh is listed as a C on the game, and somehow he and Bogut had the same rating, Bogut started at C and Bosh is averaging about 14 minutes per game. Shane Battier starts at PF and averages around 25 MPG.

Rotations and minute distribution has always been shit in MyPlayer. It just sucks not having an Association mode on PS4 where you can do 30 team control and actually set the lineups/rotations for every team.

I hope they are bringing back the association for PS4, the two player mode in that was very fun, there is no logic with the cpu, its only stat based, it doesnt take into account that players can play different positions etc.

Done_And_Done
07-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Haha that's horrific

Your GM is blinded by that tank mode mentality...

TheMarkMadsen
07-06-2014, 07:05 PM
The trade logic KILLS THIS GAME MODE

I'm a 95 rated point guard in my 2nd year, playing with Philly, Im a 30/5/7 guy on 57%.. Nerlens Noel and I absolutely were running through league, he was putting up 17ppg on 70% through like 20 games..

My team then proceeds to trade him to Dallas for fcking Monte Ellis..

So we just traded away a dominant center for.. A shitty version of our best player.. :facepalm :facepalm

Haven't touched that mode in months

ANOTHER THING THAT KILLS THIS MODE IS YOU CAN'T SIM INDIVIDUAL GAMES..

You either play 82 fcking games or you play "key games"

Why can't I sim it game by game so that I can step in and play 5 straight games myself if my team isn't doing well?

I was 17-6.. I simmed to my next key game and we are 2 game above .500..

I don't have time to play 82 games, and I'm not goin to sacrifice stats by playing 4 minute quarters..

It's fcking ridiculous