PDA

View Full Version : What's the most shots you've ever made in a row?

jongib369
07-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Just shooting around with no D or in a game?

Most shots I've ever made in a row was 20 hook shots from both sides of the key banking it in with left and right hand, and just before the free throw line.

Kblaze8855
07-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Shooting around I cant say. In a game was I believe 6 threes but it wasnt all in a row. And it was a total fluke because I was never a good shooter.

My best games in HS were solid rebounds/blocks performances not anything involving a jumper.

jongib369
07-06-2014, 06:27 PM
In a non serious game with some D placed on me YEARS ago I made about 15 normal shots in a row....Which happened to be all the shots I put up. Everyone was going crazy

jongib369
07-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Shooting around I cant say. In a game was I believe 6 threes but it wasnt all in a row. And it was a total fluke because I was never a good shooter.

My best games in HS were solid rebounds/blocks performances not anything involving a jumper.
http://media.giphy.com/media/10RgsJNJvC0avm/giphy.gif

Smook A.
07-06-2014, 06:30 PM
When I was a junior in high school I made 6 straight shots (4 threes, and 2 jumpers).

I still remember that day. My school crowd was hyped. Felt like I was Michael Jordan.

jongib369
07-06-2014, 06:37 PM
When I was a junior in high school I made 6 straight shots (4 threes, and 2 jumpers).

I still remember that day. My school crowd was hyped. Felt like I was Michael Jordan.
haha know the feeling. I literally felt unstoppable in mine. It was during a gym class, some of our schools basketball players were on the other team and the gym teacher who was the girls bball coach called down the two boys coaches to watch me. I just never had the drive in my youth to play REAL organized ball...I just liked shooting around to relieve stress and escape from things.

About a week ago I started playing at the park around 5:30 PM and didn't go home until 3 AM....Cop pulled up around 1 AM but let me shoot despite the fact no one was allowed to be there that late. Was pretty cool of him

flipogb
07-06-2014, 06:37 PM
something really boring, 20 free throws i think

Meticode
07-06-2014, 06:38 PM
11 jump shots 15 feet or out in a row. And 29 straight free throws. It's really weird when you get in the zone and every shot that leaves your hand you can automatically tell if it's going in or not just by the way it leaves your hand.

TylerOO
07-06-2014, 06:38 PM
7 straight threes in game. Not ****in ray allen spot up threes either. First two were, then I kept going heat check heat check heat check. Last two were ****ing ridiculously deep pull ups. God mode

jongib369
07-06-2014, 06:39 PM
11 jump shots 15 feet or out in a row. And 29 straight free throws. It's really weird when you get in the zone and every shot that leaves your hand you can automatically tell if it's going in or not just by the way it leaves your hand.

It is a strange feeling, it's gotten to the point I know exactly where to go to get the rebound too....And you don't just notice it's not going in you FEEL exactly what you did wrong

Smook A.
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
haha know the feeling. I literally felt unstoppable in mine. It was during a gym class, some of our schools basketball players were on the other team and the gym teacher who was the girls bball coach called down the two boys coaches to watch me. I just never had the drive in my youth to play REAL organized ball...I just liked shooting around to relieve stress and escape from things.

About a week ago I started playing at the park around 5:30 PM and didn't go home until 3 AM....Cop pulled up around 1 AM but let me shoot despite the fact no one was allowed to be there that late. Was pretty cool of him
That's pretty awesome man :pimp:

jongib369
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
7 straight threes in game. Not ****in ray allen spot up threes either. First two were, then I kept going heat check heat check heat check. Last two were ****ing ridiculously deep pull ups. God mode
Haha love hearing similar stories. In the game I mentioned the very last shot I took was a "**** it why not" shot from half court and swished it. Everyone exploded in disbelief/laughter. One of the best memories from my youth TBH

TylerOO
07-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Haha love hearing similar stories. In the game I mentioned the very last shot I took was a "**** it why not" shot from half court and swished it. Everyone exploded in disbelief/laughter. One of the best memories from my youth TBH

Haha never forget those moments. I literally felt unstoppable

NBAplayoffs2001
07-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Just shooting around with no D or in a game?

Most shots I've ever made in a row was 20 hook shots from both sides of the key banking it in with left and right hand, and just before the free throw line.

made 17 threes before a pickup game. Went 2/6 downtown. Starting to lift soon so I don't have to rely on my three point shot.

Best pickup game was 6/6 downtown. Scored 90% of the team's points.

I played middle school ball competitively in my city and averaged 12.8/5.7/3.1 on like 48% shooting 30% 3 point (it has gotten way better) and a measily 71% free throw shooting. Highest two scorers on our team was 21-23ppg, our point guard and shooting guard were very quick slashers. I was a third scoring option. Played small forward.

Milbuck
07-06-2014, 07:14 PM
I tried to model my game after a younger Tony Parker. Bad 3 point shooter, okay midrange shooter (he's great at it now though), but I'm great in the paint. So if we're not just talking about jumpers, I've had games making 10+ shots in a row exclusively on layups and floaters.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Two. From the free throw line. Rick Barry style.

inclinerator
07-06-2014, 07:24 PM
1 open layup in a row

jongib369
07-06-2014, 07:27 PM
I tried to model my game after a younger Tony Parker. Bad 3 point shooter, okay midrange shooter (he's great at it now though), but I'm great in the paint. So if we're not just talking about jumpers, I've had games making 10+ shots in a row exclusively on layups and floaters.

bahaha that's awesome I can't do floaters to save my life....But I haven't really practiced so I'll get back to you. I'm trying to pattern my game on offense like a Kevin McHale Bob Pettit combo. Not the best dribbler but I'd like to have two very distinct styles to switch from. From Oscars controlled dribble to Earl Monroes dance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkQrtrlQYpI) to throw people off later in the game. ATM I can't to save my life, but I've been putting in a lot of time so I'll take it as far as I can

I also shoot a lot of hooks and do the Rick Barry free throw...And can do something similar to a finger roll....Wilt inspired me on that one, not Gervin

dreamwarrior
07-06-2014, 07:28 PM
I had like 8 layups in a row right below the basket when I was 13. I sucked so bad nobody bothered to guard me. Other than that I probably hit 5-6 3's in a row

jongib369
07-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Also working on getting this down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gErWZnR0ELI

07-06-2014, 07:48 PM
One left elbow jumper in a row

4 straight wide open layups because I sucked and nobody guarded me.

mr4speed
07-06-2014, 07:50 PM

My best is 27 free throws in a row and I finished with 47 of 50. It is funny when you get in a groove and just know the shot is going in and then you feel you can't miss. I guess we all are searching for that feeling as much as possible, but it just doesn't happen enough. The most I've hit when being defended is 7 in a row (just 12 and 15 and 18 footers) but then all of a sudden you have 2 or 3 guys converging on you and it is a lot different!

Fudge
07-06-2014, 07:51 PM
I went 13/15 in a game once. Last two misses came right at the end of the game.

So, 13 shots in a row. Including layups and all that.

In an open gym and putting shots up with nobody guarding me? I can't remember the last time I bricked one. Let's just say 30 shots. Just gonna throw a random number out there. Also, keep in mind, I almost went pro. This shouldn't really be surprising.

Cocaine80s
07-06-2014, 07:53 PM
I went 13/15 in a game once. Last two misses came right at the end of the game.

So, 13 shots in a row. Including layups and all that.

In an open gym and putting shots up with nobody guarding me? I can't remember the last time I bricked one. Let's just say 30 shots. Just gonna throw a random number out there. Also, keep in mind, I almost went pro. This shouldn't really be surprising.
I dont think anyone that could almost go pro would have over 17k posts on ish....

btw what school u play for?

jstern
07-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Sometimes I can really focused, and my best shots in a row were 3 shots from around 50 feet away or so, because a friend owed me money and said he would pay only if I hit the shot. I said fine, and he said the same thing 3 times. I missed the 4th.

The 2nd was this rival of mine who is now dead was talking shit to me, so I said, "This is for you Richard" and hit two 3 pointers in a row with my left hand and my eyes closed.

Those were really amazing moments to me, because it had to do a lot with will and determination, and makes me bitter that I'm not 6'7"

I have another similar moment but it involves baseball.

Fudge
07-06-2014, 08:03 PM
I dont think anyone that could almost go pro would have over 17k posts on ish....

btw what school u play for?
Centennial High.

I was a stud, many comparisons to great NBA players. Blew out my knee and all hope was lost.

Cocaine80s
07-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Centennial High.

I was a stud, many comparisons to great NBA players. Blew out my knee and all hope was lost.
so you didnt play college ball?

you were far from "almost going pro" :oldlol:

Fudge
07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
so you didnt play college ball?

you were far from "almost going pro" :oldlol:
Keep in mind that I'm 33. Teams were able to draft players straight from high school back in the day. I didn't need to go to college because I was THAT good.

You can stop derailing this thread now, tho.

Cocaine80s
07-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Keep in mind that I'm 33.
out.

inclinerator
07-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Keep in mind that I'm 33. Teams were able to draft players straight from high school back in the day. I didn't need to go to college because I was THAT good.

:eek:

Lebron23
07-07-2014, 05:44 AM
I scored 34 points in a basketball tournament last summer. I think I hit 6 straight layups, and 3 straight jump shoots. I rarely shoot from the outside ( 3 points lane) since our coach told me to just attack the basket.

Sakkreth
07-07-2014, 05:49 AM
61 free throws.

Im Still Ballin
07-07-2014, 05:51 AM
I hit 14 3's in a row in a pickup game back in 2012.

Im Still Ballin
07-07-2014, 05:52 AM
I scored 34 points in a basketball tournament last summer. I think I hit 6 straight layups, and 3 straight jump shoots. I rarely shoot from the outside ( 3 points lane) since our coach told me to just attack the basket.
Aren't you 5 foot 5 though? So I've heard.

BoutPractice
07-07-2014, 05:54 AM
In a practice environment, 7 straight threes and 48 free throws in a row were the best I could manage. I always end up missing one, I can't go on absurdly long streaks.

Once went 11/12 in a competitive game, but it was just putbacks, layups, and an open midrange jumper. I also missed a bunny so I can't really brag, I had an obvious matchup advantage that game. My in-game "streaks" are almost never as a jump shooter.

Lebron23
07-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Aren't you 5 foot 5 though? So I've heard.

5'11"

pauk
07-07-2014, 06:31 AM
Ingame? It is something like around 15, it was mostly jumpshots (3pt/midrange/post) with some layup, baby hook or runner here n there.

Practice?
85 freethrows.
31 from 3pt land. (set shots from the wing, not NBA distance)

Except for the organized basketball (practice/games) 2 hours per day, i would before and after do nothing but shoot FTs & jumpshots completely alone outside/inside for up to around 7 hours, 9 hours of balling per day (then go home, sleep and probably dream about it), i did this for many many years... shooting was always my thing... I was horribly addicted and serious about basketball though, unlike anybody you probably seen, trust me.... rain, snow, night, who cares... i was out there... :P I really think i could had a good future in basketball here in Europe, but introspectively i apparently wasnt there enough to pursue that goal, personal problems/family stuff was a hinder but that is also an excuse... because i mean if you really want something in life you have to be willing to sacrifice anything for that, you will learn that sooner or later, most probably later and then its way to late and you then live with regret for the rest of your life....

JohnFreeman
07-07-2014, 06:33 AM
5 threes in a row including the game winner

Lebron23
07-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Ingame? It is something like around 15, it was mostly jumpshots (3pt/midrange/post) with some layup, baby hook or runner here n there.

Practice?
85 freethrows.

Except for the organized basketball (practice/games) 2 hours per day, i would before and after do nothing but shoot FTs & jumpshots completely alone outside/inside for up to around 7 hours, 9 hours of balling per day (then go home, sleep and probably dream about it)... shooting was always my thing, i would do this for many years, I was horribly addicted and serious about basketball unlike anybody you probably seen.... rain, snow, who cares... i was out there... :P I really think i could had a good future in basketball here in Europe, but introspectively i apparently wasnt there enough to pursue that goal.

I think we can become perfect teammates, I am also a pass first player. But if given the lights I'd take the ball into the hole.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-07-2014, 06:35 AM
I suck at shooting but whenever i play - I chuck like no tomorrow lol... I'm a terrible teammate. I'd say my best streak was 8 3s... total fluke though.

pauk
07-07-2014, 06:57 AM
I think we can become perfect teammates, I am also a pass first player. But if given the lights I'd take the ball into the hole.

You would get a brutal amount of assists. :)

NZStreetBaller
07-07-2014, 07:16 AM
15 layups in a game lol 100 % for the night :rockon: guys were getting mad at eachother. just kept driving through and laying em in

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2014, 09:52 AM

lol breh u not 33 :lol

just recently you made some thread about an upcoming school trip

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Ive had multiple of these moments...

That feeling in a zone, hitting 5 straight shots or so, amazing...

At my TT club, to warm up, we played ball, everyone was in awe of me being like the only one able to ball, scored like 20, went 8-10 something like that, banked 25 footers, etc...
Or with friends going up against bigger guys, I carried them, all the time.. they kind of falted once we played games, meanwhile I hit every shot... still lost though.

Same happened at my school against those same group of guys, they paired me with a girl... I felt bad afterwards and still do a bit because I kind of yelled at her lol... Made every damn shot while they doubled me, auto 3's, created all on my own... still lost in the end by a point or so, ran out of energy.
Just these games at the park too, hit like 2 hook 3 pointers, not kidding, had no clue, just heaved it up, twice... same day. running hook shots, three pointers... besides 2 friends no one watching though.

But generally, when I played basketball it was either at my school in the breaks, tt to warmup or go out with some friends at legit bball places, most of the time I made my mark felt, impacted the game... still havent joined a team, but i would love to... actually just revising about these times makes me hot and want to join a team right now. Im not very fast, but im a deadly shooter, and give a pretty damn good defensive effort... not a great playmaker, but great passer. instinctive.

Nowitness
07-07-2014, 10:29 AM
A few thousand.

inclinerator
07-07-2014, 11:30 AM

Practice?
85 freethrows.

Except for the organized basketball (practice/games) 2 hours per day, i would before and after do nothing but shoot FTs & jumpshots completely alone outside/inside for up to around 7 hours, 9 hours of balling per day (then go home, sleep and probably dream about it), i did this for many many years... shooting was always my thing... I was horribly addicted and serious about basketball though, unlike anybody you probably seen, trust me.... rain, snow, night, who cares... i was out there... :P I really think i could had a good future in basketball here in Europe, but introspectively i apparently wasnt there enough to pursue that goal, personal problems/family stuff was a hinder but that is also an excuse... because i mean if you really want something in life you have to be willing to sacrifice anything for that, you will learn that sooner or later, most probably later and then its way to late and you then live with regret for the rest of your life....

wait ur telling me u shoot 8 hrs a day everyday and can only make 85 fts in a row?

Lebron23
07-07-2014, 11:32 AM
wait ur telling me u shoot 8 hrs a day everyday and can only make 85 fts in a row?

Check your PM's.

Derka
07-07-2014, 11:43 AM
I think it was 11 or 12 elbow jumpers in a row I made back in the HS days. Kid guarding me was as slow-footed as you could ask for, which is saying something because I'm not terribly fast. I kept getting to the right and left elbows with no trouble and just kept making them like they were practice jumpers.

In the second half they switched someone else to me and I remember feeling so proud ("Hah! They had to plan around me in the locker room at the half. Awesome.") of that and I went back to my normal job of rebounding, screening and taking the shot when my guy doubled.

Lebron23
07-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Gonna posts some highlights this coming weekend

07-08-2014, 10:03 AM
During shooting around on an empty playground, I was shooting elbow jumpers (switching left of right side every shot made or miss) and I sunk maybe at least 20 in a row.