PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Farmar Agrees to Clippers

Meticode
07-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 1m
The Clippers and free-agent guard Jordan Farmar agree to deal, sources, likely for biannual of 2 years, $4.2 million

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/485915703820566528

Nash
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
lulz

MVBallin2K
07-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Well Clipper fans, you got a pretty good deal here. Farmar last year was a highlight and while he was injured for a while, when he played, he definitely effected the game.

A much more well rounded, all around player than he was during his original tenure in the Lakers. He can lead the bench easily and get things going if need be.

Smook A.
07-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Different team, same city.

I wonder if Laker fans feel betrayed. Ear Jordan just did 'em dirty.

HomieWeMajor
07-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Can't the Lakers get something back in a sign and trade ?

Al Thornton
Can't the Lakers get something back in a sign and trade ?

want dudley?

MVBallin2K
Different team, same city.

I wonder if Laker fans feel betrayed.

Can't speak for all but I'm happy for the guy. They had a kind of in depth look at him on the Time Warner channel that shows Laker games during the season. Guy seemed elated to be back in LA last year and with his family, since they chronicled what his Christmas was like with his daughter and wife.

It's a shame to lose him but as it is, we already have a quota of PG's with Steve Blake potentially having been reached out to. Farmar deserves good minutes and he'll probably get them on the Clippers.

TheMarkMadsen
07-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Clippers coincidentally have only signed light skinned players this off season including Hawes..

And we are supposed to believe sterling still isn't calling the shots?

:coleman: :coleman:

MP.Trey
07-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Not bad. Clippers continue to solidify their bench.

Levity
07-06-2014, 06:49 PM
:cry:

if he can stay healthy, very nice pick up for the clippers. he was damn efficient when healthy this season

Jameerthefear
07-06-2014, 06:51 PM
2m/year?

brownmamba00
07-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Clippers coincidentally have only signed light skinned players this off season including Hawes..

:lebronamazed:

BallsOut
07-06-2014, 06:54 PM
I think Clippers signing Farmar had a lot to do with the first game of the season when Famar led the Lakers bench to destroy the Clippers starters..

Black and White

:milton

AnaheimLakers24
not ear jordan! hope this means lakers feel they can get someone better

alanLA92
Damn, hoping Lakers would resign him but guess being a former Laker was too hard for the Clippers to pass up on.

DMAVS41
07-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Nice value there.

Clippers pretty damn stacked.

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Farmar was always a solid piece for the Lakers, kome stans always downplayed him like they do all the other Lakers in order to elevate kibe. But Farmar is a solid rotation guy. Good signing for Clips.

MVBallin2K
07-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Farmar was always a solid piece for the Lakers, kome stans always downplayed him like they do all the other Lakers in order to elevate kibe. But Farmar is a solid rotation guy. Good signing for Clips.

I don't think anyone downplayed Farmar this year, Kobe stans or anyone else. People were calling him Michael Jordan Farmar :oldlol: .

He was good before but he wasn't anywhere near as good as he was last year. Maturity and experience took him to a higher level and he can excel running an offense, which I expect him to do for the Clippers.

TheMarkMadsen
07-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Nice value there.

Clippers pretty damn stacked.

As they have been for years now

kurple
07-06-2014, 07:02 PM
steal

farmar is one of the best backup pg's in the league

BallsOut
07-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Huge loss for the Lakers. I can't imagine they wouldn't offer Farmar 2.1 per year for 2 years if they wanted to. He was a major reason they had the 2nd highest scoring bench in the league last year..the chemistry with Young was undeniable.

no pun intended
07-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Shit farmar is hella valuable to the Lakers. He was their best all around point guard last year. I wonder why the Lakers didn't offer him a couple million too...Hopefully Marshall steps up his game next year.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-06-2014, 07:16 PM
I like Farmar more than Collison tbh. Good trade off.

dreamwarrior
07-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Goes to show it's all about the money.

MVBallin2K
07-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Shit farmar is hella valuable to the Lakers. He was their best all around point guard last year. I wonder why the Lakers didn't offer him a couple million too...Hopefully Marshall steps up his game next year.

They aren't offering anybody until decisions are made on the bigger free agents. It's unfortunate cause we can lose players that did well for us like this but the hold is for the bigger fish. Hopefully if the bigger fish pass us by, the pond isn't dried up by then.

Lamar Odumbb
07-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Collison and Kaman get 5 mill per year and Farmar gets 2 mill per year. These GM's are morons. Farmar is way better than Collison or Kaman. Clips got a great bargain.

Le Shaqtus
07-06-2014, 07:50 PM
And they still won't win anything.

Lebronxrings
07-06-2014, 07:52 PM
clippers are stacked as hell. 0 EXCUSES FOR THEM NEXT YEAR. IF they can't make the finals, they're huge busts.

gts
07-06-2014, 08:11 PM
yeah but he missed half the season... he's become a bit injury prone his last couple seasons....

I like Farmar, like his energy but even at a cheap price it's hard to justify taking up roster space with him at this time... he's a nice luxury for a team like the clippers but the Lakers are not quite in a place where they can afford to fill up roster spots with luxury players...

Bosnian Sajo
07-06-2014, 08:12 PM
:cry:

Genaro
07-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Clippers finally getting a PG with playoffs experience. He won't choke when the time comes.

Hey Yo
07-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 52m
Jordan Farmar on choosing LAC over LAL: "It was, 'Yeah, we like you, we'd love to have you here,' but I didn't know what I was waiting for"

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 50m
More Farmar: "You don't know who the coach is. You don't know who I am going to be playing with. They made no commitment to me on that part"

oh the horror
07-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Jordan Farmar on choosing LAC over LAL: "It was, 'Yeah, we like you, we'd love to have you here,' but I didn't know what I was waiting for"

More Farmar: "You don't know who the coach is. You don't know who I am going to be playing with. They made no commitment to me on that part"

This is interesting because I'm kind of wondering wtf the Lakers are doing.

I realize they're waiting to see about Melo and such but they've literally made damn near no moves here while they wait. Meanwhile people are leaving, coaches are getting hired and the lakers are kicking it

Genaro
07-06-2014, 09:08 PM

I realize they're waiting to see about Melo and such but they've literally made damn near no moves here while they wait. Meanwhile people are leaving, coaches are getting hired and the lakers are kicking it
They went all in with Melo and maybe Bran. If nothing works the team will look pretty bad and they will spend the cap next year.

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Translation: Lakers didnt offer me a contract :oldlol:

To4
07-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Noticed this as well.. In the rumor mill.. Lakers are not doing anything besides wanting carmelo and Bran..

brownmamba00
07-06-2014, 09:19 PM
damn first baze now jordan:(

for only 2 mill/year that's great value...his defense looked improved last year after his time in Turkey. Clipps will love him off the bench.

B-hoop
07-06-2014, 09:31 PM
If BG develops more like he did last season i can see them winning it all this year.

Bosnian Sajo
07-06-2014, 09:35 PM
damn first baze now jordan:(

for only 2 mill/year that's great value...his defense looked improved last year after his time in Turkey. Clipps will love him off the bench.

Say it ain't so?! Link?

brownmamba00
07-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Say it ain't so?! Link?
heard he's off to ATL...damn that kid has potential

qrich
07-07-2014, 01:08 PM
If healthy, this is such a steal over Collison, but it isn't likely to happen. Farmar is just as solid in staying in front of his man and has a bit more athleticism than Darren, though I cringe at seeing a Farmar/Paul back-court duo.

Will still miss Grover.

Rooster
07-07-2014, 01:32 PM
If healthy, this is such a steal over Collison, but it isn't likely to happen. Farmar is just as solid in staying in front of his man and has a bit more athleticism than Darren, though I cringe at seeing a Farmar/Paul back-court duo.

Will still miss Grover.

Collison was much better on ball defender than Farmar even though Farmar has improved last year. Farmar is more dynamic though, he can be explosive with better control now and for that price tag, I thought he was a bargain and pretty good pick up.

Rooster
07-07-2014, 01:34 PM

Lakers could have lock him easily but right now they are thinking big. Swaggy P and Farmar were really good off the bench last year.

Brokenbeat
07-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Translation: Lakers didnt offer me a contract :oldlol:

Lol, pretty much. Dude is acting all butthurt when he knows that the Lakers are waiting on Melo/LeBron before the make anymore moves. Anybody that follows basketball knows that at this point. :facepalm