PDA

View Full Version : Kobe, Melo, Love Play at UCLA, "Kobe lookin like he bought new legs"

eliteballer
07-06-2014, 08:08 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-kobe-carmelo-and-kevin-love-playing-pickup-game-at-ucla/2014/07/06/

:biggums:

Cocaine80s
07-06-2014, 08:09 PM
He barely played the past 2 years...

Even steph curry can pull off windmills during the off season

SpecialQue
07-06-2014, 08:09 PM
http://www.esreality.com/files/inlineimages/2013/95534-fap.gif

ZeN
07-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Germany gettin' them checks

KyleKong
07-06-2014, 08:11 PM
After all that shit Kobe stans gave LeBron for building a "super team"...

:roll: :roll: the irony.

kennethgriffin
07-06-2014, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFKRuWwgjg#t=0m28s

ZeN
07-06-2014, 08:15 PM
He barely played the past 2 years...

Even steph curry can pull off windmills during the off season
Well thats a load of bullshit.. Before his injury he was dropping numbers that surprised people for his age.

Yes LBJ is way better than him...Yes he's past his prime.. But hes far from being a worthless player. He can contribute if healthy, which he should be now that he's had sufficient time to heal. He ain't a star but he'll still shine.

Cocaine80s
07-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Well thats a load of bullshit.. Before his injury he was dropping numbers that surprised people for his age.

Yes LBJ is way better than him...Yes he's past his prime.. But hes far from being a worthless player. He can contribute if healthy, which he should be now that he's had sufficient time to heal. He ain't a star but he'll still shine.
hes also coming off an achilles injury

ZeN
07-06-2014, 08:16 PM

So he's leaving LA to join two other stars in a different team?

Oh wait....

ZeN
07-06-2014, 08:17 PM
hes also coming off an achilles injury
No shit.

kennethgriffin
07-06-2014, 08:18 PM

key differences

a) kobe didnt bail on his team

b) kobes still making more money than anyone in the nba

c) kobes at the end of his career and already proved himself with an average team ( 2009 and 2010 ) lebron didnt prove anything before ring chasing in his prime

d) kobe isnt raping someone else or their franchise

e) kobe signed his extension behind closed doors. then asked for help. he didnt hold a decision interview on espn and join an already established duo

f) kobes asking for another guy who never won to join him. ( if kevin love joins.. thats another guy who never won ) ... while lebron asked to join an already established finals mvp in his prime

g) you're a moron if you think i want lebron to tag along after kobe gets enough help to do it without him. so tell your idol to stay out east

Cocaine80s
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
No shit.
hes done

DonDadda59
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Blood dopers gonna blood dope.

longtime lurker
07-06-2014, 08:24 PM

This can't be serious :facepalm

gts
07-06-2014, 08:27 PM
David Grace ‏@CoachDavidGrace 47m
Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Love here at UCLA playing pick up!!! That's what happens here at UCLA!!!!

David Grace is the Assistant Men's Basketball Coach, UCLA/ Retired US Air Force (20 years of active duty service)

That being said means nothing and secondly man ISH is full of butt hurt children... wow, you Kobe haters should be embarrassed

Heatles201
07-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account ‏@WojYahooNBA

If Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant were playing ball at UCLA today, one thing's for sure, source tells Yahoo: Kevin Love wasn't with them.

Either he is lying or Woj is... well his source

oh the horror
07-06-2014, 08:31 PM
:bowdown:
David Grace ‏@CoachDavidGrace 47m
Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Love here at UCLA playing pick up!!! That's what happens here at UCLA!!!!

David Grace is the Assistant Men's Basketball Coach, UCLA/ Retired US Air Force (20 years of active duty service)

That being said means nothing and secondly man ISH is full of butt hurt children... wow, you Kobe haters should be embarrassed

Keyword "children". Let's face it, this board is filled with some of the most negative haters around. Any thread where anyone is doing well it's the usual suspects in there to find the negative spin and pick it apart. It's funny to watch.

This story literally means nothing. Yet here they come.

Hey Yo
07-06-2014, 08:38 PM
key differences

a) kobe didnt bail on his team

b) kobes still making more money than anyone in the nba

c) kobes at the end of his career and already proved himself with an average team ( 2009 and 2010 ) lebron didnt prove anything before ring chasing in his prime

d) kobe isnt raping someone else or their franchise

e) kobe signed his extension behind closed doors. then asked for help. he didnt hold a decision interview on espn and join an already established duo

f) kobes asking for another guy who never won to join him. ( if kevin love joins.. thats another guy who never won ) ... while lebron asked to join an already established finals mvp in his prime

g) you're a moron if you think i want lebron to tag along after kobe gets enough help to do it without him. so tell your idol to stay out east

a) he publically demanded to be traded after 3 seasons of being first option.

b) cause the Lakers are stupid.

c) end of his career? He wasn't a starter until the 98-99 season and that was a lockout year with only 50 games played.

d) Kobe's raping LA with that pathetic contract.

e) Kobe publicly demanded to be traded. There was no ask for help. If Luol Deng was not part of the trade in 07, Kobe would have went to Chicago.

f) stupid logic.

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Literally hear this every year with every player who missed time the year before.

Except Oden.

20Four
07-06-2014, 08:44 PM

What a dumb b|tch....mcdonalds rough today ?

b1imtf
07-06-2014, 08:45 PM
:sleeping

IGOTGAME
07-06-2014, 08:47 PM
If Kobe comes back and get buckets, how long til we hear that Achilles injuries are no big deal?

KyleKong
07-06-2014, 08:51 PM

Do you get upset when your friends go to a theme park and you can't because your not tall enough for the rides?

Black and White
Do you get upset when your friends go to a theme park and you can't because your not tall enough for the rides?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

JohnFreeman
:sleeping

G-Funk
07-06-2014, 08:55 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/viperig/jerkoff.gif

b1imtf
07-06-2014, 09:04 PM

kennethgriffin
07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
a) he publically demanded to be traded after 3 seasons of being first option.

b) cause the Lakers are stupid.

c) end of his career? He wasn't a starter until the 98-99 season and that was a lockout year with only 50 games played.

d) Kobe's raping LA with that pathetic contract.

e) Kobe publicly demanded to be traded. There was no ask for help. If Luol Deng was not part of the trade in 07, Kobe would have went to Chicago.

f) stupid logic.

a) kobes trade demand was a smokescreen since he refused to be traded for anyone of significance ( making it impossible to move him - "no deng no deal" )

b) so what if the lakers are stupid. doesnt take away the fact that kobe isnt gonna play for some ridiculous crap like duncan/dirk for 10 mill or the original colluders for 14 mill

c) kobe isnt in the prime of his life colluding, ring chasing, taking pay cuts. kobes at the end of his career sitting on a fat contract looking back on his legendary career set in stone while other guys are trying to jump on his D*ck

d) so what if kobes raping LA.. more respect to kobe. no pay cuts. no ring chasing. #pay me #oldschool #ieatfirst

e) like i said.. kobe used it as a smokescreen to get LA to build a good team. phil jackson told kobe that buss was waiting on bynum and using kobe to sell tickets. kobe made it impossible to trade him for a reason.

f) everything i said was 100% fact

AnaheimLakers24
07-06-2014, 09:15 PM
stop laughing at your own jokes loser.

ps 2/5 :lebroncry: :lebroncry: :lebroncry:

:roll:

Hey Yo
07-06-2014, 09:24 PM
:roll: :roll:

perfect gif for the thread.

Milbuck
07-06-2014, 09:31 PM

:roll: :roll:

b1imtf
07-06-2014, 09:37 PM
stop laughing at your own jokes loser.

ps 2/5 :lebroncry: :lebroncry: :lebroncry:

:roll:

Damn you caught me.

Hey Yo
07-06-2014, 09:42 PM
a) kobes trade demand was a smokescreen since he refused to be traded for anyone of significance ( making it impossible to move him - "no deng no deal" )

b) so what if the lakers are stupid. doesnt take away the fact that kobe isnt gonna play for some ridiculous crap like duncan/dirk for 10 mill or the original colluders for 14 mill

c) kobe isnt in the prime of his life colluding, ring chasing, taking pay cuts. kobes at the end of his career sitting on a fat contract looking back on his legendary career set in stone while other guys are trying to jump on his D*ck

d) so what if kobes raping LA.. more respect to kobe. no pay cuts. no ring chasing. #pay me #oldschool #ieatfirst

e) like i said.. kobe used it as a smokescreen to get LA to build a good team. phil jackson told kobe that buss was waiting on bynum and using kobe to sell tickets. kobe made it impossible to trade him for a reason.

f) everything i said was 100% fact

a) doesn't change the fact that Kobe was ready to leave the Lakers, after only 3yrs of being first option and getting bounced early, if Deng was not part of the deal. He wanted the Bulls to still be a contender.

b) but Kobe and LA are all about titles. Why accept a deal that's going to hamstring the franchise when it comes to FA?

c) who's serious about going to LA? Nobody good to great FA wants to play there while he's there. Kobe ring chased the day he told the Nets not to draft him and would play for the Lakers only. Then tried to ring chase again by wanting to be traded to a contender in 07'

d) but he's suppose to be about rings. If that was true and he wanted to catch MJ, then he wouldn't have accepted that deal.

e) it wasn't a smokescreen. he was pissed after getting bounced again by PHX and demanded to be traded. Like I said, if Deng wasn't part of the trade (like Kobe demanded he not be) then he would have been playing in Chicago for the 07-08 season.

f) very little facts provided.

Collie
07-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Every year we hear about some player being "better than new" or "just like he always was" after some major injury. Truth is, you can't really fight father time and injuries.

outbreak
07-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Every year we hear about some player being "better than new" or "just like he always was" after some major injury. Truth is, you can't really fight father time and injuries.
I remember when he was apparently better than ever before coming back last time, I remember when derrick rose was apparently playing better than ever in gym before his first come back. I'll believe it when I see it.

andgar923
07-06-2014, 10:07 PM
I remember when he was apparently better than ever before coming back last time, I remember when derrick rose was apparently playing better than ever in gym before his first come back. I'll believe it when I see it.

I can actually believe it.

Only problem is, AGE is AGE.

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 10:08 PM
If Kobe comes back and get buckets, how long til we hear that Achilles injuries are no big deal?

Chauncey Billups tore his achilles in February, 2012. Was back on the court in an NBA game in November, 2012. That's 9 months.

Bean will have been removed from his injury 1.5+ years by the start of the season and is an iso jump shooter anyway. He's not Derrick Rose.

I know Kobrick and the Lakers have nothing else going for them but please, let's not try to push this "Hero determination warrior" narrative too heavily. LOTS of guys come back from major injuries, now more than ever. Kobe is not special for it. I'm sorry. He's not.

MellowYellow
07-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Chauncey Billups tore his achilles in February, 2012. Was back on the court in an NBA game in November, 2012. That's 9 months.

Bean will have been removed from his injury 1.5+ years by the start of the season and is an iso jump shooter anyway. He's not Derrick Rose.

I know Kobrick and the Lakers have nothing else going for them but please, let's not try to push this "Hero determination warrior" narrative too heavily. LOTS of guys come back from major injuries, now more than ever. Kobe is not special for it. I'm sorry. He's not.

Billups came back and was trash after his injury though, a better example is Nique who came back well after injuring his achillies.

Akrazotile
07-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Billups came back and was trash after his injury though, a better example is Nique who came back well after injuring his achillies.

:rolleyes:

He was no less impactful because of the injury than he was when he went out. He was always inconsistent as a two guard with the Clippers. He had moments but he was out of position and over the hill even before the injury. When he came back he was the same guy but a year older, still out of position, and was battling other injuries like back and foot etc. during his return and meanwhile Bledsoe had stepped up and made Billups look irrelevant. But he did not "lose" anything strictly because of the injury. There was nothing for him to lose. But he still was able to play in NBA games 9 months after an achilles rupture.

GimmeThat
07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
did they also said how weak he was and it didn't appear like he could back down anyone as tall as him anymore?

Ne 1
07-07-2014, 12:02 AM
So he's leaving LA to join two other stars in a different team?

Oh wait....
Could you imagine Kobe at his peak/prime going to Duncan's Spurs, KG's T-Wolves, Nash's Suns, Dirks Mavs, Wade's Heat, T-Macs Magic, LeBrons Cavs etc. for example (players who he'd otherwise be competing with and measured against) along with another perennial All-Star in order to cowardly stack the deck and saying "it's gon' be easy" and saying they'll win up to 8 rings? :oldlol: Kobe was actually ready to go to the Bulls in '07 and was on the verge of being a Clipper in '04. LeBron's mindset is "What's the easiest path possible to multiple rings? I want to win by any means possible." Instead of "I'm going to rip your heart out and prove that I'm the best." He thinks the issue is simply winning championships, not competing for them.

STATUTORY
07-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Blood dopers gonna blood dope.

why don't MJ got them transufsions then? no dedication to the game

LA Lakers
07-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Lots of people have summer workouts at the Pauley Pavilion. It would be quite a coincidence though. Gotta love the season of free agency.

inclinerator
07-07-2014, 12:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dFkzPaO.png

TheMarkMadsen
07-07-2014, 12:10 AM

You're a fcking idiot

Kobe broke his leg this year after coming back

20Four
07-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Nice try but your probably shorter than me....if you dont like mcdonalds you can try burger king iight? :roll:

NZStreetBaller
07-07-2014, 04:37 AM
Kobe will comeback smarter and less athletic but he'll still be aiiiight.
OLDBE > OLD JORDAN

sportjames23
07-07-2014, 06:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dFkzPaO.png

JohnFreeman
07-07-2014, 06:07 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/9c/9c728511e662fb18a261eafe18810fb44c74922a2b57154090 0b33780fb17eb1.jpg

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 06:10 AM
http://b.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/1280/fc_files/2010/1514543-bionic-legs-i-limbs-and-other-super-human-prostheses-youll-envy-panoramic.jpg

KyleKong
07-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Nice try but your probably shorter than me....if you dont like mcdonalds you can try burger king iight? :roll:

Now is 20four a representation of your favorite player or a representation of your actual wingspan?

3LiftHeatCurse
07-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Before the game, Kobe was in the backroom with his trainer taking shots and painkillers.

"Gimme the strongest ones you have, Tim. I need to impress these guys to come help me win rings and pass Michael Jordan"

"But Kobe.. this is dangerous, you can't take these drugs for a whole season"

"Nah its ok Tim, I'll just trick these fools tonight, they sign with LA, then make them carry me as I win the Finals MVP anyway. LA is my town, bitch !"

talkingconch
07-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Before the game, Kobe was in the backroom with his trainer taking shots and painkillers.

"Gimme the strongest ones you have, Tim. I need to impress these guys to come help me win rings and pass Michael Jordan"

"But Kobe.. this is dangerous, you can't take these drugs for a whole season"

"Nah its ok Tim, I'll just trick these fools tonight, they sign with LA, then make them carry me as I win the Finals MVP anyway. LA is my town, bitch !"
Dude how low is your IQ? lol

Lebron joined wade and bosh to win. And your username is a heat fan. So how are you trying to make fun of kobe? lol

Mr Feeny
07-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Dude how low is your IQ? lol

Lebron joined wade and bosh to win. And your username is a heat fan. So how are you trying to make fun of kobe? lolThe question the guy's IQ then you mention one completely irrelevant thing after another? Smh