PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day celebrations in Chicago

East_Stone_Ya
07-07-2014, 08:13 AM
More than 60 shot and 9 dead :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/violence-mars-chicago-holiday-weekend-50-reportedly-injured/story?id=24446308

Smook A.
07-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Crazy Assholes.

bagelred
07-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Can you imagine if 9 people died in a weekend in Chicago due to a "terrorist attack"? The whole city of Chicago would be under Martial Law....

Or can you imagine if 9 white people killed in an affluent white neighborhood over a weekend? You'd never hear end of it....

But just another holiday in Chitown....9 dead....yawn......It's just black people...no biggie....

Akrazotile
07-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Can you imagine if 9 people died in a weekend in Chicago due to a "terrorist attack"? The whole city of Chicago would be under Martial Law....

Or can you imagine if 9 white people killed in an affluent white neighborhood over a weekend? You'd never hear end of it....

But just another holiday in Chitown....9 dead....yawn......It's just black people...no biggie....

These communities arent fixing themselves.

If anyone else steps in to try and fix them, "THATS RACIST LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!"

Lives perpetually lost, money perpetually wasted, innocent civilians perpetually put in danger...

All in the name of raciaphobia... The fear of being labeled "racist".

Dat America left doe :bowdown:

Such manly men of genius..

The_Night_Elf
07-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Not surprised really. Which is sad.

tomtucker
07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
More than 60 shot and 9 dead :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/violence-mars-chicago-holiday-weekend-50-reportedly-injured/story?id=24446308
Melissa Soden

MavsSuperFan
07-07-2014, 12:02 PM

Lives perpetually lost, money perpetually wasted, innocent civilians perpetually put in danger...

All in the name of raciaphobia... The fear of being labeled "racist".

Dat America left doe :bowdown:

Such manly men of genius..
Do you have any ideas about how to fix this situation?

Also I disagree with the assertion that the left stops attempts to fix the situation.
The left is the one that wants to spend money on the situation (eg. educational programs, jobs programs, etc). The right is the one that claims that is income redistribution (which it is, but really what other solution is there?).

Do you honestly believe just insulting and scolding these gang members is going cause them to change their behaviors? Do you really believe the root of the gang violence is because liberals dont want to call black people violent criminals instead of the root of the problem being a lack of economic opportunity?

We already imprison as many of them as we can capture and I believe America has the highest per capita incarceration rate. Thats even factoring countries like china that imprison people for speech.

Godzuki
07-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Do you have any ideas about how to fix this situation?

Also I disagree with the assertion that the left stops attempts to fix the situation.
The left is the one that wants to spend money on the situation (eg. educational programs, jobs programs, etc). The right is the one that claims that is income redistribution (which it is, but really what other solution is there?).

Do you honestly believe just insulting and scolding these gang members is going cause them to change their behaviors? Do you really believe the root of the gang violence is because liberals dont want to call black people violent criminals instead of the root of the problem being a lack of economic opportunity?

We already imprison as many of them as we can capture and I believe America has the highest per capita incarceration rate. Thats even factoring countries like china that imprison people for speech.

i don't believe its income distribution. If their parents were rich, their kids would still likely be ghetto thugs. just like rich kids getting into meth, which is a white trash drug. kids want to be thug these days, especially black kids because it makes them harder and gives them more respect. the whole rap and hip-hop scene isn't doing black youth any favors either since thats where most of these poor influences come from, and almost all of them look up to those rappers and artists that are talking about gangbanging, carrying guns, and just being thugs while living that high life. Its more a youth movement, and being a part of that gives them cred. we've all seen it in school, none of them want to be Erkels, and being hard gives them that image they look up to.

Black youth fall into that trap much easier because its so glorified within black communities/culture.

East_Stone_Ya
07-07-2014, 04:40 PM
i don't believe its income distribution. If their parents were rich, their kids would still likely be ghetto thugs. just like rich kids getting into meth, which is a white trash drug. kids want to be thug these days, especially black kids because it makes them harder and gives them more respect. the whole rap and hip-hop scene isn't doing black youth any favors either since thats where most of these poor influences come from, and almost all of them look up to those rappers and artists that are talking about gangbanging, carrying guns, and just being thugs while living that high life. Its more a youth movement, and being a part of that gives them cred. we've all seen it in school, none of them want to be Erkels, and being hard gives them that image they look up to.

Black youth fall into that trap much easier because its so glorified within black communities/culture.

I agree with the bolded part

pinhead
07-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Just a normal, violent day in America.

MavsSuperFan
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM

I disagree with some of what you wrote

1 the correlation between poverty and criminality is well accepted.

Think about it if you are poor you probably live in a poor neighborhood. Crime is more prevelant in poor neighborhoods, meaning gangs are more likely to recruit in poor areas.

American schools are funded by property taxes, which are based on property values. Poor kids go to underfunded schools. poor kids are often less supervised.

Your claim that the probabilty of these guys being criminals would not be reduced by affluence is ridiculous. if they were rich they would go to better schools and live in better neighborhoods.

2. most meth users are poor whites. Not rich whites. the majority of poor people in america are white.

I do agree with you that some aspects of black culture tends to glorify and lionize criminality. Rap music, movies like boyz in the hood, shows like the wire, etc tends to promote negative behavior. stuff like that has an effect, when I was a kid and watched the godfather movies it made me want to be in the mafia. I still maintain 90% of the problem is lack of economic opportunities.

Godzuki
07-07-2014, 08:04 PM
I disagree with some of what you wrote

1 the correlation between poverty and criminality is well accepted.

Think about it if you are poor you probably live in a poor neighborhood. Crime is more prevelant in poor neighborhoods, meaning gangs are more likely to recruit in poor areas.

American schools are funded by property taxes, which are based on property values. Poor kids go to underfunded schools. poor kids are often less supervised.

Your claim that the probabilty of these guys being criminals would not be reduced by affluence is ridiculous. if they were rich they would go to better schools and live in better neighborhoods.

2. most meth users are poor whites. Not rich whites. the majority of poor people in america are white.

I do agree with you that some aspects of black culture tends to glorify and lionize criminality. Rap music, movies like boyz in the hood, shows like the wire, etc tends to promote negative behavior. stuff like that has an effect, when I was a kid and watched the godfather movies it made me want to be in the mafia. I still maintain 90% of the problem is lack of economic opportunities.

I'm not saying there isn't a correlation but i feel its used as a cop out because the style/type of person the child becomes is often based on who they befriend, or their influences or role models. i just know people who grew up in good famliies or in the suburbs but ended up being thug because it gives them a hard rep. I'm sure there are quite a few rappers who are gangsta talking about gangbanging but grew up in the suburbs. Its a image kids want to be seen as. Even rich kids. Their parents got money but the idiot is out robbing people, altho most of the time its to support some drug habit i guess.

I mean kids in the suburbs end up just as fukked up as kids in the projects these days imo. There is no guaranteee. If anything i've seen more a drive and appreciation for saving money and staying on the right track from some kids who grow up poor. The big thing the kid in the suburbs has is the inheritance. There is no guarantee his parents are better. They could just as well leave him to whatever he wants to do....his parents might not even give a shit about him. But people automatically assume he was parented better because he came from a rich family....and the kid from the projects had bad parents.

Its just with black youth whose role models are often rappers, when you have grown adults acting like ghetto thugs and glorifying weed, sizzurp, guns, and everything that comes with it its not all that surprising when kids are doing the same thing. But again, even white rich kids are doing stuff like that these days.

Lamar Doom
07-07-2014, 08:35 PM

hahaha, what? damn liberals, thwarted so many attempts to clean up the streets by crying racism.