PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins is the perfect Pippen for Bran at this stage

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Someone who can take the toughest defensive assignment every night.

Someone who can run the floor and finish.

Someone who can rebound from the 2 or 3 spot.

Someone who is not going to demand a lot of touch.

Someone who can impact the game without dominating the ball.

Someone who will be ready to take over once Bran's bulk forces him into being a jumpshooter or a 4.

Add in Kyrie's ability to play point (Bran never played with a good PG) thus taking the pressure off of Bran with respect to bringing the ball up and Cleveland is actually the perfect choice.

Waiters, Jack, Sergey, Thompson can all be dealt for threes and D guys or bigs.

ITS HAPPENING!!!

Inactive
07-07-2014, 10:45 AM
This is seriously disrespectful to Pippen. If Wiggins can ever be 80% of what Pippen was, his career will be a great success.

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2014, 10:45 AM
This is seriously disrespectful to Pippen. If Wiggins can ever be 80% of what Pippen was, his career will be a great success.

:facepalm

This is not how this is meant..

Inactive
07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
:facepalm

This is not how this is meant..I know what he means. He's saying Wiggins could be a good sidekick to Lebron. I'm saying it's disrespectful to Pippen to refer to any sidekick as a Scottie Pippen. Pippen was a great player, who happened to play with the greatest player ever.

BigTicket
07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Wiggins is a raw 19-year old player, he's nowhere near Pippen. Maybe he could develop into something a few years from now, but he's not going to be a great sidekick next year.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 10:48 AM
I know what he means. He's saying Wiggins could be a good sidekick to Lebron. I'm saying it's disrespectful to Pippen to refer to any sidekick as a Scottie Pippen. Pippen was a great player, who happened to play with the greatest player ever.

you were being argumentative, I forgive you my child.

hate it or love it, Pippen is a descriptive term for a particular type of role.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Wiggins is a raw 19-year old player, he's nowhere near Pippen. Maybe he could develop into something a few years from now, but he's not going to be a great sidekick next year.

You are seriously underselling what the kid already brings to the table and how that specific skill set saves the legs of someone like Bran.

Marlo_Stanfield
07-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Wiggins is so perfect for Bran its not even funny.
he can go on scoring bursts too but generally hes just an athletic freak who rebounds, defends and doesnt even WANT the ball:roll: :roll:
then with Irving you have an elite and clutch shooter and good scorer at PG who can at times take the playmaking off lebron( better than Chalmers anyway).
a solid bench and even some ring protection by the great Varejao:bowdown: :bowdown:

Meticode
07-07-2014, 10:52 AM
LeBron and Wiggins? LeBron can show him that HGH.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 10:56 AM

Be kinda funny if Wiggins was mad swoll after two years with Bran.

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2014, 10:57 AM

:roll:

HurricaneKid
07-07-2014, 10:58 AM
No 19 yr old ever has been anywhere near Scottie Pippen.

Awful thread. MAYBE in 3-4 years Wiggins will be a great player. That does little to help Bron and his legacy.

Kyrie is so overrated it hurts at this point. He is Jimmer-esque defensively.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 10:59 AM

Awful thread. MAYBE in 3-4 years Wiggins will be a great player. That does little to help Bron and his legacy.

you are missing the point, read the thread.

Rubio2Gasol
07-07-2014, 11:00 AM

It's starting already :lol

Inferno
07-07-2014, 11:05 AM
:biggums:

GimmeThat
07-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Kobe might be the perfect Kobe.

HomieWeMajor
07-07-2014, 11:16 AM
He ain't Pippen unless he packing down below.

Trollsmasher
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
he could certainly use some:coleman:

fatboy11
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Someone who can take the toughest defensive assignment every night.

Someone who can run the floor and finish.

Someone who can rebound from the 2 or 3 spot.

Someone who is not going to demand a lot of touch.

Someone who can impact the game without dominating the ball.

Someone who will be ready to take over once Bran's bulk forces him into being a jumpshooter or a 4.

Add in Kyrie's ability to play point (Bran never played with a good PG) thus taking the pressure off of Bran with respect to bringing the ball up and Cleveland is actually the perfect choice.

Waiters, Jack, Sergey, Thompson can all be dealt for threes and D guys or bigs.

ITS HAPPENING!!!

Spot on.

Not sure LeBron would be considering Cleveland (assuming he truly is) if they had taken anyone else at #1. Just imagine if they had taken Noel at #1 last year...

Sakkreth
07-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes. But not on his first year.

PleezeBelieve
07-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Dude doesn't have Pippen's handle, passing ability, or defensive potential.

GTFO of here :roll:

fatboy11
07-07-2014, 11:58 AM

You're taking what he said waaaay too literally. He wasn't comparing Wiggins directly to Pippen as a player. He was comparing the role he'd play next to LeBron. Pippen is the universal comparison for a #2 man.

And I'm not sure I agree that he doesn't have Pippen's defensive potential. How good do you think Pippen was on defense at 19 years old?

hawksdogsbraves
07-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Wiggins is a great fit next to LeBron for sure. I get what OP is saying.

I think Pippen is an ok comparison, Pippen had great handles and was a great playmaker though, that's the difference at this point.

As far as a running mate for Bran though, Wiggins is pretty perfect. It would be like 2011 Wade out there running the break with the King.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 12:58 PM
You're taking what he said waaaay too literally. He wasn't comparing Wiggins directly to Pippen as a player. He was comparing the role he'd play next to LeBron. Pippen is the universal comparison for a #2 man.

And I'm not sure I agree that he doesn't have Pippen's defensive potential. How good do you think Pippen was on defense at 19 years old?

finally someone nuanced enough not to be a complete tard.

tmacattack33
07-07-2014, 01:13 PM
He'd be a good player to play with Lebron, but it would be better if he was a better 3 point shooter.

Is he a good 3 point shooter right now? I'm not even sure.

LoneyROY7
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM
And Bran will be the perfect Pippen for Wiggins in a couple years. :lol

fatboy11
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM
He'd be a good player to play with Lebron, but it would be better if he was a better 3 point shooter.

He made 34% of his 3s at Kansas. Not exactly a bad starting point. Jabari Parker shot 35.8% from 3. Doesn't have a rap as not being able to shoot.

LoneyROY7
07-07-2014, 01:18 PM

This dude is so salty that Wiggins the next big thing and Dion Waiters is out the f*cking door. :roll:

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 01:23 PM
And Bran will be the perfect Pippen for Wiggins in a couple years. :lol

So true

GimmeThat
07-07-2014, 01:28 PM

still have that soft spot for Anderson Varajauo huh