PDA

View Full Version : How would the Heat fare without LeBron?

Roundball_Rock
07-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Suppose LeBron leaves Miami and Wade, Bosh remain with the Heat. How many games does that team win? What seed does it get? How far do the Heat get in the playoffs?

Marlo_Stanfield
07-07-2014, 10:50 AM
they will be lucky to survive the first round

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2014, 10:57 AM
a double digit percentage of lottery balls.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 10:57 AM
depends on who we end up signing but middle of the pack to top 8-10 in the East...Riley will put together 2yr deals at best in hopes of a KD landing in 2016 when he's up for bid. Wade will be paid, that's for sure and I think they bring on one descent guy (doubt Bosh stays) to keep a mediocre team contending.

STATUTORY
07-07-2014, 11:00 AM
depends on who we end up signing but middle of the pack to top 8-10 in the East...Riley will put together 2yr deals at best in hopes of a KD landing in 2016 when he's up for bid. Wade will be paid, that's for sure and I think they bring on one descent guy (doubt Bosh stays) to keep a mediocre team contending.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 11:03 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Heat are a playoff team if Lebron leaves...Cavs wish they had that type of talent when Lebron left

laugh all you want...it's only a mockery of yourself :rolleyes:

magic chiongson
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM
eastern conference.

tmacattack33
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I hope it happens and Miami stays as close as possible to their 2013 roster minus Lebron.

Then Miami will go from a 60 win team to a 40 win team.

And Cleveland will go from a 30 win team to a 50 win team.

Combine this with Cleveland's 30 win differential from 2010 to 2011 (the year Lebron left), and we'll have pretty good evidence that Lebron is worth about 20 wins to a team...which is a lot...I don't think anybody has had that much of an impact on wins since Larry Bird.

GimmeThat
07-07-2014, 11:20 AM
they'd still be good.

maybe pre-Shaq/Wade Alonzo Mourning era good

it hurts that they just missed out on what is supposedly the most intriguing draft in a decade.

Roundball_Rock
07-07-2014, 11:24 AM
I hope it happens and Miami stays as close as possible to their 2013 roster minus Lebron.

Combine this with Cleveland's 30 win differential from 2010 to 2011 (the year Lebron left), and we'll have pretty good evidence that Lebron is worth about 20 wins to a team...which is a lot...I don't think anybody has had that much of an impact on wins since Larry Bird.

Yeah that would be great to see. It would really demonstrate how great LeBron is. I think you are close to what would happen: Cleveland would go from 30 wins to 55 or so and Miami to 40 wins and fighting for the 7th or 8th seed.

Stacked, though! :lol

maybe pre-Shaq/Wade Alonzo Mourning era good

Yeah, 40-45 wins and the 7th or 8th seed seems to be realistic.

Lebron23
07-07-2014, 11:25 AM
It depends on the health of Wade.

If wade is healthy at last 40-45 wins. If wade misses plenty of games they are a lottery team.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM

Riley has close to $60 mil to play with...the Heat squad will be vastly different than the 2013 roster.

Wade will remain
Bosh will likely leave
leaves money for guys like Deng, Ariza, Monroe, Gasol etc.

40-50 win team is VERY doable, Riley can fill a squad like below easily with the money he has available to him

Cole/Napier
Wade/Turner
Deng or Ariza/Marion
JHill/Halem/Blair
Monroe/McRoberts

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Heat are a playoff team if Lebron leaves...Cavs wish they had that type of talent when Lebron left

laugh all you want...it's only a mockery of yourself :rolleyes:

Assuming Wade regressed from a year ago

No...no they're not.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 11:42 AM

No...no they're not.

Riley has basically $40 mil to make use of outside of Wade, Wade isn't going to be asked to carry the team 1v5...he'll be asked to lead yes, but Riley will fill talent unless he decides to tank for 2016 FA.

you all need to think a little bit before responding :facepalm

Derka
07-07-2014, 11:49 AM

And immediately before this you said:

Riley will fill talent unless he decides to tank for 2016 FA.

Because...somehow, free agency and the draft are the same thing.

FLDFSU
07-07-2014, 11:51 AM
The heat are the most stacked team of all time per ISH. We will win the next two championships without Lebron.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 11:54 AM
And immediately before this you said:

Because...somehow, free agency and the draft are the same thing.

he's referring to Wade being being the lead of the team only...only way the Heat miss the playoff's is if they completely tank for FA. is that something wrong? :confusedshrug:

and Riley is too smart to do that, he'd put together 2-yr contracts so 2016 FA is perfect for his doing. did the same thing with Wade for 2010. let the team be mediocre but not jeopardize the 2010 class. by tank, I mean not commit to long-term deals...there is much difference! :facepalm

LBJ 23
07-07-2014, 11:55 AM

I would also really like to see this. So we could finally see Wade and Bosh evolve into the so called beasts which were held back by Lebron in the past few years, according to many posters on here. And I am certainly expecting to see those 2 beasts with Miami in the Finals atleast, or to win it all, if they were really held back by Lebron so hard. Hopefully we don't see them struglling to get out of the first round.

PJR
07-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Top 4 seed at worst. Miami is sitting on a completely clean cap right now. If LeBron bolts, Riley will quickly lock up Luol Deng, Bosh is still locked in on Miami. He and his wife love South Florida. D.Wade and UD will be taken care off. And then we can jus pick off the rest of the high end role players left in free agency, with the rest of the space left.

The Heat will get back to their principles defensively(Miami is always going to be solid on D under Spo), and it's going to be a very solid group.

This notion that the Heat are a one man team has always been ridiculous(only coming from the usual idiots). LeBron is great, and is a very impactful player, but he did not single handedly proper Miami to for straight NBA Finals.

KBaller33
07-07-2014, 11:57 AM
If LeBron leaves Bosh is going to Houston.

But if we do the hypothetical in the OP then 45 wins.

mehyaM24
07-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Riley has basically $40 mil to make use of outside of Wade, Wade isn't going to be asked to carry the team 1v5...he'll be asked to lead yes, but Riley will fill talent unless he decides to tank for 2016 FA.

he's right. wade isnt leading anybody with those knees.

find your brain dude

Roundball_Rock
07-07-2014, 12:07 PM
So the Heat are "stacked" yet everyone has them at 40-45 wins and a first round loss without LeBron? :confusedshrug:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:08 PM
So the Heat are "stacked" yet everyone has them at 40-45 wins and a first round loss without LeBron? :confusedshrug:

Lebron hater logic...sensible folks know better

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Who said Wade was gonna be asked to carry the team 1v5? As another poster mentioned, Wade's knees wont allow him to lead a team...anywhere.

Assuming he is the same caliber of player we saw last year, Miami is finished. Even in the shithole that is the eastern conference.

Derka
07-07-2014, 12:10 PM
he's referring to Wade being being the lead of the team only...only way the Heat miss the playoff's is if they completely tank for FA. is that something wrong? :confusedshrug:

and Riley is too smart to do that, he'd put together 2-yr contracts so 2016 FA is perfect for his doing. did the same thing with Wade for 2010. let the team be mediocre but not jeopardize the 2010 class. by tank, I mean not commit to long-term deals...there is much difference! :facepalm

Not committing to sign long-term contracts is not tanking. Its not even close to the same thing. You don't "tank' for free agency; if anything you do the complete opposite.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Who said Wade was gonna be asked to carry the team 1v5? As another poster mentioned, Wade's knees wont allow him to lead a team...anywhere.

Assuming he is the same caliber of player we saw last year, Miami is finished. Even in the shithole that is the eastern conference.

this is what you said:

No...no they're not.

that insinuates Wade is going to be going at is solo for the Heat...like I said, think about the available $40 million Riley has to play with after he locks in Wade. the Heat will be in the playoffs if Riley doesn't pull the plug for 2016 FA

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Not committing to sign long-term contracts is not tanking. Its not even close to the same thing. You don't "tank' for free agency; if anything you do the complete opposite.

Don't mind him. He's just an experiment in artificial stupidity.

GimmeThat
07-07-2014, 12:14 PM
financially, Heat fans are more loyal than most people are lead to believe.

I don't think they're going to be selling out tickets night in night out (or maybe they will)

but in terms of jersey sells. The players Riley will be recruiting is certainly going to sell some jersey.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:16 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

— in the tank or into the tank
: in or into a decline or slump <the sullen student's grades went into the tank>

Link: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tank

exactly how many viable players are going to sign short-term deals knowing Riley's focus is for 2016 FA? the team will decline to 2016 FA is that is Riley's motive...in essence, tank their way to 2016 :rolleyes:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
this is what you said:

that insinuates Wade is going to be going at is solo for the Heat...like I said, think about the available $40 million Riley has to play with after he locks in Wade. the Heat will be in the playoffs if Riley doesn't pull the plug for 2016 FA

Actually, this "insinuates" that Wade, who once was a BIG piece to the Heat's success, is no longer capable of playing up to his standards. Forget leading a team.

Nash
Chalmers
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Hill

?

Guess something like that.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Don't mind him. He's just an experiment in artificial stupidity.

see my post above...take note

DaSeba5
07-07-2014, 12:19 PM
We won't be a bad team, but we won't be competing for a title again.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Actually, this "insinuates" that Wade, who once was a BIG piece to the Heat's success, is no longer capable of playing up to his standards. Forget leading a team.

he's not going to be asked to play to his standards :facepalm he'll just be asked to lead the team as the player with most experience.

there won't be a superstar if Lebron leaves, jus 2-3 star players to contest with role players

I don't understand how that is hard to understand...and still you ignore the $40mil Riley has to sign viable talent

Jailblazers7
07-07-2014, 12:23 PM
The funniest scenario would be if Lebron left and Melo took his place...and they ended up playing better. Somehow Melo and Wade end up a perfect fit and Bosh gets to play a little more with the ball in his hands or something along those lines.

ISH would explode. :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:24 PM
he's not going to be asked to play to his standards :facepalm he'll just be asked to lead the team as the player with most experience.

there won't be a superstar if Lebron leaves, jus 2-3 star players to contest with role players

I don't understand how that is hard to understand...and still you ignore the $40mil Riley has to sign viable talent

Right now, Wade's standards are that of a border-line allstar

You're saying that with him playing like a role player, Miami is gonna be a playoff team? Who do you think Riley is going to sign with that 40$ that will ensure them a playoff spot?

You haven't thought this through. :oldlol:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:25 PM
We won't be a bad team, but we won't be competing for a title again.

the Heat can give the Cavs a good run for their money if Riley signs well

Cole/Napier/Chalmers?
Wade/VC
Deng/Marion
JHill/Haslem
Monroe/McRoberts

definitely not a lock like previous years, but I can see a good fight from a Heat squad like such

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Right now, Wade's standards are that of a border-line allstar

You're saying that with him playing like a role player, Miami is gonna be a playoff team? Who do you think Riley is going to sign with that 40$ that will ensure them a playoff spot?

I don't think you've thought this through. :oldlol:

again, see above! :facepalm

all that can be had under or around the cap

guy
07-07-2014, 12:28 PM
I'd say 4th, probably behind Cleveland, Chicago (interchangeable who is the 1 and 2 seed, really depends on Rose's health and how the Cavs chemistry is with Lebron having to lead all those young players), and Washington, which means something like 45-50 wins. I doubt Bosh stays, but this is assuming he does, and given Wade's injuries/age/decline, he's going to be their most productive player. This would assume that the current most frequent speculation is true and that's that Lebron goes to Cleveland, Melo stays in New York, Lance Stephenson signs out West and Roy Hibbert gets traded, and Kevin Love stays in the West. I'd expect Bosh and Wade to be extra-motivated and up their production up (Wade still misses a lot of games but not as much as this past season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he completely falls off a cliff and plays like 20-30 games instead) and the Heat to sign some good role players. I expect Indiana to take a huge step back losing those guys and Paul George is going to have a field day with shots, scoring like 27 ppg on 41 FG% at the detriment of their game plan. New York will get better but they still won't really do much but make the playoffs. I'd say it goes something like this.

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago
3. Washington
4. Miami
5. Toronto
6. Indiana
7. New York
8. Brooklyn

DaSeba5
07-07-2014, 12:28 PM
the Heat can give the Cavs a good run for their money if Riley signs well

Cole/Napier/Chalmers?
Wade/VC
Deng/Marion
JHill/Haslem
Monroe/McRoberts

definitely not a lock like previous years, but I can see a good fight from a Heat squad like such

Yes. They definitely make the playoffs, maybe the 2nd round. But against the west, they need a LeBron to win. They will still be good because their philosophy of defense and having a solid all around team with the money they would have used on Bosh and LeBron.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:32 PM
again, see above! :facepalm

all that can be had under or around the cap

None of these fillers are going to matter (other than Monroe they're not even legit acquisitions) if Wade, who's benchmark is merely that of a indefinite all-star, won't be asked to be play at his standards. A role player essentially.

You're not making the playoffs with Monroe and a bunch of role players.

DaSeba5
07-07-2014, 12:34 PM
None of these fillers are going to matter (other than Monroe they're not even legit acquisitions) if Wade, who's benchmark is merely that of a indefinite all-star, won't be asked to be play at his standards. A role player essentially.

We play in the East if you didn't know. I'm sure they have a plan just in case LeBron leaves.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-07-2014, 12:36 PM
The problem is that if LeBron leaves it takes away A LOT of the incentive for players to take paycuts. So if you want guys like Deng/Monroe/Hill/McRoberts/Marion you're gonna have to pay closer to market value..

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:36 PM

you said yourself Wade is going to be a star, not a superstar. ok, figure 18ppg...then you add Deng and Monroe, and have a backup to Wade in VC? that's not at least good enough to win the 8th seed in the East? :wtf:

let's just agree to disagree.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:38 PM
We play in the East if you didn't know. I'm sure they have a plan just in case LeBron leaves.

Keep Bosh and you guys would still be in the middle of the pack.

You lose him and I just dont see how you make the playoffs with the hypothetical rosters above. Yes, even in the East.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:39 PM
The problem is that if LeBron leaves it takes away A LOT of the incentive for players to take paycuts. So if you want guys like Deng/Monroe/Hill/McRoberts/Marion you're gonna have to pay closer to market value..

even at market value, they can sign them

Cole 4mil
Deng 12mil
Monroe 15mil
Wade 18mil
JHill 4mil

you still have about 10 mil to use...this is VERY doable, you can even overpay Deng and Monroe if you wanted to because the available cap room then sign under MLE or vet min

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:40 PM
you said yourself Wade is going to be a star, not a superstar. ok, figure 18ppg...then you add Deng and Monroe, and have a backup to Wade in VC? that's not at least good enough to win the 8th seed in the East?

Wrong again. I never said Wade was "going to be a star". I called him a border-line all-star - and that he'll regress from last year, which wont be a pretty sight.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-07-2014, 12:40 PM
even at market value, they can sign them

Cole 4mil
Deng 12mil
Monroe 15mil
Wade 18mil
JHill 4mil

you still have about 10 mil to use...this is VERY doable, you can even overpay Deng and Monroe if you wanted to because the available cap room then sign under MLE or vet min
Didn't realize they had that much cap space. Still McRoberts/Marion would be unobtainable..

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Keep Bosh and you guys would still be in the middle of the pack.

You lose him and I just dont see how you make the playoffs with the hypothetical rosters above. Yes, even in the East.

the Bulls just finished 4th with no superstar and just a couple stars doing their job...you expect us to beleive the Heat in the same fashion can't get any of the 4 spots beneath that next year? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

delusional lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:42 PM
the Bulls just finished 4th with no superstar and just a couple stars doing their job...you expect us to beleive the Heat in the same fashion can't get any of the 4 spots beneath that next year? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

delusional lol

Who said you need "superstars" to be a playoff team?

:hammerhead:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Didn't realize they had that much cap space. Still McRoberts/Marion would be unobtainable..

McRoberts yes, offer him double last years salary ($5mil) and i think he takes
Marion is iffy, hes not getting the $10mil he just came off of. will he settle for about $4-5mil? :confusedshrug:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Who said you need "superstars" to be a playoff team?

:hammerhead:

no one...it's comparing a Heat squad built in the same fashion as the Bulls team. the superstar mention was to show if Wade dropped off to just star level, the Heat with viable pick-ups are very well in the middle of the east contention.

but nice to see the ignore on just star talents only

RoundMoundOfReb
07-07-2014, 12:48 PM
McRoberts yes, offer him double last years salary ($5mil) and i think he takes
Marion is iffy, hes not getting the $10mil he just came off of. will he settle for about $4-5mil? :confusedshrug:

Would they have 10 mil left over if they signed all those players?? Also think McBob gets closer to 7... we'll see though.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Would they have 10 mil left over if they signed all those players?? Also think McBob gets closer to 7... we'll see though.

Cole 4
Wade 18
Deng 12
Monroe 15
Hill 4
Marion 5
VC 4

that brings them to $62mil which is the cap...fillers gotta take vet mins or MLE

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 12:57 PM
no one...it's comparing a Heat squad built in the same fashion as the Bulls team. the superstar mention was to show if Wade dropped off to just star level, the Heat with viable pick-ups are very well in the middle of the east contention.

Except the Bulls' core were together longer and actually have a system where, despite not having their best player, are still elite defensively (they're actually the best defense in the league).

Two completely different teams with different philosophies in winning.

Lets try this again. Wade's standards RIGHT NOW are that of a borderline all-star. A few posts ago you said he wont be asked to play by his standards, correct? So with no allstars and a bunch of role players, how the hell are the Heat still a playoff team? :oldlol:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Except that the core of the Bulls were together longer and actually have a system where, despite not having their best player, are still elite defensively (they're actually the defense in the league).

Two completely different teams with different philosophies in winning.

And again, Wade's standards RIGHT NOW are that of a borderline all-star. A few posts ago you said he wont be asked to play by his standards.

So I'll ask you again..with no allstars and a bunch of role players, how the hell are the Heat still a playoff team? :oldlol:

ask Atlanta and Charlotte about no all-stars and being playoff teams...just stop it already!

Legends66NBA7
07-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Suppose LeBron leaves Miami and Wade, Bosh remain with the Heat. How many games does that team win? What seed does it get? How far do the Heat get in the playoffs?

If they can sign some quality veteran players, they could still retain their division and possibly get out of 2nd round.

After that, I don't they go any further. Trying to make 5 straight Finals without James doesn't seem very likely at that point, but they would still be a capable squad.

Legends66NBA7
07-07-2014, 12:59 PM
ask Atlanta and Charlotte about no all-stars and being playoff teams...just stop it already!

Jefferson should have been all-star last year and Millsap was an all-star last year. Horford is a former all-star and looked like he would have made a strong case last season.

Plus, the conference was weak last year too.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
If they can sign some quality veteran players, they could still retain their division and possibly get out of 2nd round.

After that, I don't they go any further. Trying to make 5 straight Finals without James doesn't seem very likely at that point, but they would still be a capable squad.

with Bosh and Wade definitely...they'll have about $15mil to make use of on vets. but if no Lebron, I don't see a reason for Bosh to remain a Heat. unless he's seeking the max

Mass Debator
07-07-2014, 01:01 PM
If Wade just takes $10m...

Bosh - $15m
Cole/Hamilton/Napier - $4m

Melo - $15m
Ariza - $7m
Monroe - $12m

Vet = Haslem
MLE

:eek:

Legends66NBA7
07-07-2014, 01:01 PM
with Bosh and Wade definitely...they'll have about $15mil to make use of on vets. but if no Lebron, I don't see a reason for Bosh to remain a Heat. unless he's seeking the max

Bosh would be an idiot to leave. This his chance to play a bigger role in the offense and could still average 20+ again. He should for all reasons take enough money for the Heat try and get more veterans. Wade most likely will.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Jefferson should have been all-star last year and Millsap was an all-star last year. Horford is a former all-star and looked like he would have made a strong case last season.

Plus, the conference was weak last year too.

Deng could have been an all-star too, had he not been injured. Monroe played just as good as Hibbert most the season on a worse Detroit squad. Horford missed majority of the season and the Hawks still made it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 01:04 PM

Was Paul Millsap not an all-star last year?

:facepalm

And All Jefferson got snubbed last year. Everybody knows it.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10378681/2014-nba-all-star-game-snubs-surprises
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1938977-does-al-jefferson-deserve-to-make-the-nba-all-star-team
http://hoopshabit.com/2014/02/03/charlotte-bobcats-al-jefferson-star-snub/

Like I said, you haven't thought this through. Being trigger happy on the keyboard wont save the Heat next season.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Bosh would be an idiot to leave. This his chance to play a bigger role in the offense and could still average 20+ again. He should for all reasons take enough money for the Heat try and get more veterans. Wade most likely will.

he's getting good money out in Houston to be on a star-studded squad, it's really comes down to what Bosh and his family wants at that point. the Miami life with the money and back to toronto level days, or some sacrifice in Houston for more rings.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Was Paul Millsap not an all-star last year?

:facepalm

And All Jefferson got snubbed last year. Everybody knows it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10378681/2014-nba-all-star-game-snubs-surprises
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1938977-does-al-jefferson-deserve-to-make-the-nba-all-star-team
http://hoopshabit.com/2014/02/03/charlotte-bobcats-al-jefferson-star-snub/

Like I said, you haven't thought this through. Being trigger happy on the keyboard wont save the Heat next year.

so ignore the fact that Deng was injured and all-star caliber too, not to mention Monroe being :snubbed" only Jefferson though :rolleyes:

atlanta had no all-stars in 2013 and was still in the playoffs. forgot about Milsap for this past year. still holds true...teams are in the playoff's without any all-stars.

a Heat squad I compiled WILL be in the playoff's next year...too good to be anything below the 8th seed with that talent on board

dubeta
07-07-2014, 01:09 PM
if bron left then they are top 3 worst team in the east

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 01:19 PM
so ignore the fact that Deng was injured and all-star caliber too, not to mention Monroe being :snubbed"

But you just said Atlanta had no allstars.

Tell us again how many they had? :cheers:

Anyway. Many players were injured last year. Who's to say if Rose was healthy he wouldn't take Deng's "spot"?

atlanta had no all-stars in 2013 and was still in the playoffs.

Except even an average Horford isn't a role player. Your examples are terrible.

a Heat squad I compiled WILL be in the playoff's next year...too good to be anything below the 8th seed with that talent on board

Assuming they do, I'll throw you a bone and say they'll be an 8th seed at best.

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 01:25 PM
But you just said Atlanta had no allstars.

Tell us again how many they had? :cheers:

Anyway. Many players were injured last year. Who's to say if Rose was healthy he wouldn't take Deng's "spot"?

Except even an average Horford isn't a role player. Your examples are terrible.

Assuming they do, I'll throw you a bone and say they'll be an 8th seed at best.

nice way to edit on your Atl response by deleting the correction I made just under it :rolleyes:

Miami WILL be in the playoffs...i'll await the bone, feed it to the mutts roaming the streets. they seem to love garbage :D

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 01:37 PM
nice way to edit on your Atl response by deleting the correction I made just under it :rolleyes:

Miami WILL be in the playoffs...i'll await the bone, feed it to the mutts roaming the streets. they seem to love garbage :D

I think ISH should hold posters feet to the fire about predictions

Assuming Miami loses both Wade/Lebron, I will bump this when the time comes, sir :cheers:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 01:39 PM
I think ISH should hold posters feet to the fire about predictions

Assuming Miami loses both Wade/Lebron, I will bump this when the time comes, sir :cheers:

we're not losing Wade...I wish we could tho :/

and ISH should, and when the Heat make the playoffs next year we can bump it for you too :cheers:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 01:41 PM
we're not losing Wade...I wish we could tho :/

and ISH should, and when the Heat make the playoffs next year we can bump it for you too :cheers:

I meant Bosh, but you knew that. :pimp:

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 01:42 PM
I meant Bosh, but you knew that. :pimp:

i know lol, but you've been typing a lot of stuff when you're obviously know better otherwise...again, just read above to see :D :lol :oldlol:

OnFire
07-07-2014, 01:47 PM
If LeBron announced today he was signing somewhere else, there will be free agents interested in Miami.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2014, 01:53 PM
i know lol, but you've been typing a lot of stuff when you're obviously know better otherwise...again, just read above to see :D :lol :oldlol:
http://s.likes-media.com/img/721f2c2e90f4a7238d915e8cae7fcf6e.600x.jpg

OnFire
07-07-2014, 01:57 PM
If LeBron left and Bosh and Wade stayed I would feel confident in Riley to put together a team that will compete. Remember it wouldn't be just LeBron leaving, his 22million cap space too would be leaving.

pauk
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Without Lebron & Bosh this Wade team is essentially an older version of 2006-2010 Heat, a barely 8th seed team either missing the playoffs or losing in 1st round.... with Bosh they would be somewhat better i guess... but thats it...

r15mohd
07-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Without Lebron & Bosh this Wade team is essentially an older version of 2006-2010 Heat, a barely 8th seed team either missing the playoffs or losing in 1st round.... with Bosh they would be somewhat better i guess... but thats it...

Wade only uses, at most, $20 mil of the available $56 million Riley has to play...we can't field a playoff team with that? if no, we should fire Riley! :facepalm

Soundwave
07-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't they have a fair amount of cap space in this situation?

They could still probably grab Melo or Love, no? Perhaps Deng as a consolation prize?

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm worried they miss the playoffs without LeBron/Bosh... I still love that team.

Will always be in my heart

navy
07-07-2014, 02:52 PM
When has Bosh ever complained about his offensive role? Dude even gets to take the last shot if he wants to.

He can play pf on the rockets and not have to be the primary big defender anymore, as that is the only thing he has ever complained about.

Legends66NBA7
07-07-2014, 03:01 PM
When has Bosh ever complained about his offensive role? Dude even gets to take the last shot if he wants to.

He can play pf on the rockets and not have to be the primary big defender anymore, as that is the only thing he has ever complained about.

I don't think he does complain, but here he is... a bigger role and he should just take the opportunity if the Big 3 don't return together.