PDA

View Full Version : PJ Hairston Charged With Assault

rufuspaul
07-07-2014, 04:24 PM
www.charlotteobserver.com

:facepalm

[Quote]
P.J. Hairston has been charged with misdemeanor assault and battery for an incident in a Sunday pickup basketball game at a Durham YMCA, according to the Durham District Attorney

BasedTom
07-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Charlotte basketball just can't catch a break :(

JimmyMcAdocious
07-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Apparently things got heated in a pick up game, a high school kid threw a punch at him and missed, then PJ popped him in the mouth.

Stupid decision. Can't believe the kid pressed charges tho. Things like that happen kind of often. Stupid PJ. Bitch move from the other guy.

rufuspaul
07-07-2014, 04:39 PM
I've seen tempers flare in pickup games at the Y, no biggie. But PJ knows he is on very thin ice when it comes to off court behavior. Sad day for the Hornets coming on top of losing McBob. I'm hoping for some good news by next week.

Irisn
07-08-2014, 12:21 AM
I play at the downtown Durham Y regularly and Kentrell always has seemed to be a nice kid to me. I have seen PJ get a temper playing in pickup and although I like PJ i'm inclined to think he was at fault here.

outbreak
07-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Apparently things got heated in a pick up game, a high school kid threw a punch at him and missed, then PJ popped him in the mouth.

Stupid decision. Can't believe the kid pressed charges tho. Things like that happen kind of often. Stupid PJ. Bitch move from the other guy.
I read they trash talked and the high school kid walked away and PJ punch him in the back of the neck.

Lebron23
07-08-2014, 11:07 AM
NBA players are always in a lose-lose situation if they fought a non NBA player.

chocolatethunder
07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
NBA players are always in a lose-lose situation if they fought a non NBA player.

Here's the reality of the situation. It's not a big deal in real life, but it is a big deal when you have the past that he has and he claims he's "turning things around". Who hasn't been in a fight in a basketball game? The thing is is that we're not in line to get paid millions to play basketball and we don't have a past of fvck ups like this guy does. This illustrates that he's still a bonehead. His past has already impacted his earning potential negatively and it seems that he's not doing much to change that. What I mean is that if you're so short sighted that you will punch a kid during a basketball game when you know damn well that nothing good can come from it, then you're a moron. I don't care if the kid punched first or what. If you're smart, you avoid that kind of shit because it sticks with you. You only have to look as far as Lance Stephenson to know that. Channing Frye gets and $8million/yr deal and Lance is still on the market. You think that idiot regrets throwing his girl down the steps and blowing in Lebron's ear now? These people chose this life of being an athlete and making a bunch of money doing that. Unfortunately for them being under a microscope comes along with earning that kind of money. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's how it is. Some are too dumb for their own good and obviously he is.

HurricaneKid
07-08-2014, 11:32 AM
PJ punching highschoolers now. Ugh.

I don't even care if the HSer did start it (but I very much doubt he did).

Some guys just don't get it. PJ looks to be one of those guys. Its a shame. Kid can ball.

hawkfan
07-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Why is he playing with high school kids?

unbreakable
07-08-2014, 12:11 PM
PJ reminds me of shabazz with his attitude and lame demeanor.. hes a big knucklehead

so glad hes not on any teams i like.. id prefer his bitchass be on the heat , actually. fukk that guy and fukk anyone who likes him

moe94
07-08-2014, 12:11 PM
So you swing at someone and then when they retaliate, you press charges? Wow.

D-FENS
07-08-2014, 12:23 PM

Exactly. Kid is a *****

HurricaneKid
07-08-2014, 12:26 PM

The only one even suggesting that the MINOR swung was PJ.

I hope they arrest him for child abuse for unnecessarily striking a minor. Get this clown out of my eyesight for the rest of ever.

Real Men Wear Green
07-08-2014, 12:28 PM
If the kid swung first then Hairston was justified. You throw a punch you can't complain if a better one gets thrown back.

moe94
07-08-2014, 12:35 PM
The only one even suggesting that the MINOR swung was PJ.

I hope they arrest him for child abuse for unnecessarily striking a minor. Get this clown out of my eyesight for the rest of ever.

The poor minor! Think of the children!

:rolleyes:

If he swung first, fvck him.

rufuspaul
07-08-2014, 12:48 PM
All indications are that the kid didn't do anything. Damn PJ.

ProfessorMurder
07-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Hornets starting the season off strong.

Real Men Wear Green
07-08-2014, 12:51 PM
All indications are that the kid didn't do anything. Damn PJ.Certainly not a good look with his history. Oh well.

moe94
07-08-2014, 12:53 PM
All indications are that the kid didn't do anything. Damn PJ.

Not good at all.

tpols
07-08-2014, 12:56 PM
lol at this dude picking on a HS kid 40 lbs lighter than him. :facepalm dumber than a rock.

HurricaneKid
07-08-2014, 12:58 PM
The poor minor! Think of the children!

:rolleyes:

If he swung first, fvck him.

Sure. If he did he had it coming. BUT IF HE DIDN'T...

Now we have a guy punching kids and lying about it. After all the other trouble...

rufuspaul
07-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Hornets starting the season off strong.

They headed out to Vegas this morning. I'll be looking for video of PJ playing a pickup game with Justin Bieber and Johnny Manziel tomorrow.

Done_And_Done
07-08-2014, 02:03 PM
I knew he had baggage but I didn't realize there was a laundry bag list worth. Hopefully all this off-court nonsense will subside with age and maturity. Sometimes we forget just how young these athletes are and how everyone 'gets it' at different points in their evolutionary process.

Done_And_Done
07-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Rufus - How earlier in the draft do you think he would have been picked had he not been bumped out of college?

tomtucker
07-08-2014, 02:09 PM
[B]Just MJ

rufuspaul
07-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Rufus - How earlier in the draft do you think he would have been picked had he not been bumped out of college?

I think he would've been a lottery pick.