PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Myths on Insidehoops

Koresh
07-07-2014, 05:36 PM
*Long OP* This is a thread I wanted to make for a long time. Even though my join date is 2012, I have been on this site lurking since 2009. I remember everything most of you say and many of you have said one of these myths at one point or the other. Many of you think these myths are true because if you repeat it so many times you think it turns into a fact, but they are not facts. These are the biggest myths on ISH I could think of that are blatantly wrong and/or hilarious. If you have anymore feel free to name some. If you think my myths are wrong then explain why. Thanks for taking the time to read this thread. Let's make this fun!

Myths:

Kobe Bryant scored 55 points on Michael Jordan

Ray Allen saved LeBron James' career in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals

LeBron James quit in Game 5 against the Boston Celtics

Kobe Bryant quit against the Phoenix Suns when the Los Angeles Lakers were up 3-1

Hakeem Olajuwon is a top 10 player and should be ahead of LeBron James in all-time rankings

Everyone hates LeBron James

Chicago Bulls did not beat any top teams in their 6 NBA Finals appearances

What you say on ISH or online is what people really think about the NBA and superstars in the real world

The NBA in the 1990s was a weak era for basketball

No defense was played in the NBA in the 1980s

The NBA prior to 1979 never existed

Miami Heat 2011-2012 championship should be an asterisk because of the lockout season (66 game season - full postseason of best of 7 series playoff games) but San Antonio Spurs 1998-1999 championship in the lockout season is often ignored (50 game season - full postseason of best of 7 playoff games)

Miami Heat free agency signings in 2010 was collusion

Chris Bosh was a superstar before coming to Miami

Chris Bosh is a 20/10 player on another NBA team

NBA players prior to 1979 wouldn't make a high school team let alone an NBA team in today's NBA.

Anything related to Wilt Chamberlain

Michael Jordan is a bald headed Dominique Wilkins

Michael Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs before Scottie Pippen showed up in Chicago *Note: this is a myth because Scottie Pippen was traded to the Bulls in 1987 and he developed as a player on the Bulls, so how can someone say Jordan never succeeded without Pippen when they basically played together for most of Jordan's tenure in Chicago? It would be different if Pippen of 1991 came to Chicago in 1991, but he was there from 1987 to 1998.*

Kobe Bryant was the best player in the NBA in the early 2000s

Michael Jordan only won his championships because the Pistons, Lakers & Celtics got older and became injured.

Chicago Bulls would have won the 1993-1994 championship or advanced to the NBA Finals if Pippen didn't get called for that foul on Hubert Davis.

Everyone will remember my biased opinion about a certain time in NBA history 10-20 years from now, e.g. People will remember LeBron James' performance in the 2011 NBA Finals even if he has a hypothetical 6 MVPs, 5 rings, 5 Finals MVPs, 1 DPOY Award, etc.

AnaheimLakers24
07-07-2014, 05:37 PM
2/5

Im Still Ballin
07-07-2014, 05:38 PM
I've been a Lakers fan since 1985!

IncarceratedBob
07-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Miami had fans before 2010

Black and White
07-07-2014, 05:45 PM
So Ray Allens shot didnt save LeBron from a possible 1/5 record?

Koresh
07-07-2014, 05:53 PM
So Ray Allens shot didnt save LeBron from a possible 1/5 record?

No. The game wasn't over. If he hit the 3PT at the buzzer to win the game then yes, but that didn't happen. The game was tied and they went into overtime. People seem to forget that this series went to 7 games and LeBron had a memorable performance to seal the deal. Also, Allen's shot wasn't a miracle shot. Tony Parker's BS shot in Game 1 was a miracle.

TheMarkMadsen
07-07-2014, 06:01 PM
*Long OP* This is a thread I wanted to make for a long time. Even though my join date is 2012, I have been on this site lurking since 2009. I remember everything most of you say and many of you have said one of these myths at one point or the other. Many of you think these myths are true because if you repeat it so many times you think it turns into a fact, but they are not facts. These are the biggest myths on ISH I could think of that are blatantly wrong and/or hilarious. If you have anymore feel free to name some. If you think my myths are wrong then explain why. Thanks for taking the time to read this thread. Let's make this fun!

Myths:

Kobe Bryant quit against the Phoenix Suns when the Los Angeles Lakers were up 3-1

Hakeem Olajuwon is a top 10 player and should be ahead of LeBron James in all-time rankings

What you say on ISH or online is what people really think about the NBA and superstars in the real world

Miami Heat 2011-2012 championship should be an asterisk because of the lockout season (66 game season - full postseason of best of 7 series playoff games) but San Antonio Spurs 1998-1999 championship in the lockout season is often ignored (50 game season - full postseason of best of 7 playoff games)

NBA players prior to 1979 wouldn't make a high school team let alone an NBA team in today's NBA.

Michael Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs before Scottie Pippen showed up in Chicago *Note: this is a myth because Scottie Pippen was traded to the Bulls in 1987 and he developed as a player on the Bulls, so how can someone say Jordan never succeeded without Pippen when they basically played together for most of Jordan's tenure in Chicago? It would be different if Pippen of 1991 came to Chicago in 1991, but he was there from 1987 to 1998.*

Michael Jordan only won his championships because the Pistons, Lakers & Celtics got older and became injured.

Chicago Bulls would have won the 1993-1994 championship or advanced to the NBA Finals if Pippen didn't get called for that foul on Hubert Davis.

Everyone will remember my biased opinion about a certain time in NBA history 10-20 years from now, e.g. People will remember LeBron James' performance in the 2011 NBA Finals even if he has a hypothetical 6 MVPs, 5 rings, 5 Finals MVPs, 1 DPOY Award, etc.

How is it a myth that Bosh is a 20/10 player on another team??

He's averaged 20/10 3 times in his career and averaged 20 & 9.4 in his 7 season as a Raptor

Droid101
07-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Myth: Koresh isn't a huge piece of shit.

Negged.

Roundball_Rock
07-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Michael Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs before Scottie Pippen showed up in Chicago *Note: this is a myth

That is not a myth. That is a fact, albeit a misleading one.

Indiana was going to beat them? That is possibly but unlikely. The Bulls beat them 4-1 in the regular season and were a 55 win team as compared to Indiana's 47 wins. The Bulls also had a superstar; Indiana did not. CHI would have been overwhelmingly favored against IND that year. Regarding the Finals, the Rockets would have been slight favorites but the Bulls would have had a legitimate chance. The Rockets were one three pointer away from losing to the Knicks, who the Bulls took the limit and would have likely beaten absent the Hollins call. The Rockets also had a tough 7 game series against Phoenix. They were not a dominant team as a lot of people incorrectly remember them as.

Le Shaqtus
07-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Ray Allen DID save LeBron's career in the 2013 finals :lol

Black and White
07-07-2014, 06:25 PM
No. The game wasn't over. If he hit the 3PT at the buzzer to win the game then yes, but that didn't happen. The game was tied and they went into overtime. People seem to forget that this series went to 7 games and LeBron had a memorable performance to seal the deal. Also, Allen's shot wasn't a miracle shot. Tony Parker's BS shot in Game 1 was a miracle.

So what happens if Rays shot didn't fall?

red1
07-07-2014, 06:27 PM

Myths:

great post brother. nice to have a fellow scholar like yourself on board

ThePhantomCreep
07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
I would definitely label James' performance in game 5 vs the C's a quitjob. His body language was that of someone who did not want to be there.

tpols
07-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Myths:

These are all certifiable facts.

LakersFan626
07-07-2014, 07:09 PM

Myths:

Kobe Bryant scored 55 points on Michael Jordan Fact. People aren't going to remember the scrubs he scored on, they'll remember MJ being against him.

Ray Allen saved LeBron James' career in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals Fact. LeBron would have been 1/5 if that three never happened.

LeBron James quit in Game 5 against the Boston Celtics Fact. Did you even watch the game?

Kobe Bryant quit against the Phoenix Suns when the Los Angeles Lakers were up 3-1 Myth. If he quit, it was the second half of game 7.

Hakeem Olajuwon is a top 10 player and should be ahead of LeBron James in all-time rankings Fact. Hakeem wasn't a choker like LeBron.

Everyone hates LeBron James Myth. The stans still count.

Chicago Bulls did not beat any top teams in their 6 NBA Finals appearances Myth. 1993 Suns and 1996 Sonics were really tough and so were the Jazz teams.

What you say on ISH or online is what people really think about the NBA and superstars in the real world Myth.

The NBA in the 1990s was a weak era for basketball Myth. 90s Bulls, Knicks, and Heat were very tough teams and as mentioned, 93 Suns, 93-95 Rockets, 96 Sonics, 96-98 Jazz...

No defense was played in the NBA in the 1980s Fact. If you look at the scores, you'll see that.

The NBA prior to 1979 never existed Myth. That was the era of Bill Russell, Jerry West, George Mikan, and Wilt.

Miami Heat 2011-2012 championship should be an asterisk because of the lockout season (66 game season - full postseason of best of 7 series playoff games) but San Antonio Spurs 1998-1999 championship in the lockout season is often ignored (50 game season - full postseason of best of 7 playoff games) Myth. They're both legit.

Miami Heat free agency signings in 2010 was collusion Fact. It was PLANNED. That's not collusion?

Chris Bosh was a superstar before coming to Miami Not a superstar but a tier below so not quite a fact but close.

Chris Bosh is a 20/10 player on another NBA team Fact. He did it on the Raptors.

NBA players prior to 1979 wouldn't make a high school team let alone an NBA team in today's NBA. Huge myth.

Anything related to Wilt Chamberlain Fact. Wilt got swept by a losing team in the 1st round. If that isn't choking I don't know what is.

Michael Jordan is a bald headed Dominique Wilkins Myth.

Michael Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs before Scottie Pippen showed up in Chicago *Note: this is a myth because Scottie Pippen was traded to the Bulls in 1987 and he developed as a player on the Bulls, so how can someone say Jordan never succeeded without Pippen when they basically played together for most of Jordan's tenure in Chicago? It would be different if Pippen of 1991 came to Chicago in 1991, but he was there from 1987 to 1998.* Still a fact but Jordan had NO help before that so it shouldn't be held against him.

Kobe Bryant was the best player in the NBA in the early 2000s Like Bosh, not quite a fact but he WAS top 5.

Michael Jordan only won his championships because the Pistons, Lakers & Celtics got older and became injured. Myth.

Chicago Bulls would have won the 1993-1994 championship or advanced to the NBA Finals if Pippen didn't get called for that foul on Hubert Davis. Myth. Rockets would have beaten them as they were the Bulls' worst matchup.

Everyone will remember my biased opinion about a certain time in NBA history 10-20 years from now, e.g. People will remember LeBron James' performance in the 2011 NBA Finals even if he has a hypothetical 6 MVPs, 5 rings, 5 Finals MVPs, 1 DPOY Award, etc. Fact. How LeBron performs when it matters most SHOULD matter most. People STILL haven't forgotten Kobe's series against Detroit or 6-24, so why should they forget LeBron's performances like that?

Answers in the quote.

red1
07-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Answers in the quote.
his post was better than yours

RoundMoundOfReb
07-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Kobe is inefficient
Ray Allen was a catch and shoot player
LeBron hogs the ball at the top of the key on every play
Toronto CB was a superstar
Tim Duncan is a role player

SouBeachTalents
07-07-2014, 07:15 PM
1. Wade was carried by Shaq to a title in '06
2. Gasol was the real MVP of 2010 Finals
3. Magic & Bird weren't drafted by MUCH better teams than LeBron was

Just2McFly
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
These are all certifiable facts.
hey tpols, meet outside

red1
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
1. Wade was carried by Shaq to a title in '06
2. Gasol was the real MVP of 2010 Finals
3. Magic & Bird weren't drafted by MUCH better teams than LeBron was
Nobody believes one. Meanwhile two and three are documented facts

ThePhantomCreep
07-07-2014, 07:30 PM
his post was better than yours

Read: Please love my LeBron

ThePhantomCreep
07-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Biggest myth: Pair Shaq with (insert any all-star wing player) in place of Kobe and the Lakers still three-Peat

Myth
07-07-2014, 07:37 PM
http://www.wpclipart.com/signs_symbol/arrows/arrows_color/arrow_outline_red_left.png

KevinNYC
07-07-2014, 07:43 PM
For me two things I've noticed about ISH.

Hakeem had more of an impact on the floor than Moses Malone
and that Larry Bird didn't make an impact on defense. (This may be people who only saw him post injuries.)

Nikola_
07-07-2014, 07:44 PM
90s wasnt a weak era for basketball because Shaq was swept 5 times in the 90s.
So called MDE

Koresh
07-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Damn, I forgot the most important one...

Wilt Chamberlain is a choker for only having 2 titles in the 1960s.

He is the only one to win titles in the 1960s with the Boston Celtics dominating the whole decade. It's kinda hard to win titles when you face a dynasty 90% of the time.

About Chris Bosh being a 20/10 player on another NBA team. I meant his future team not prior to the Miami Heat.

The Ray Allen shot isn't going to be a pretty debate, so it's a lose-lose for anyone to argue over it. It's obvious the shot went in and it's obvious that they went to overtime and won the game, so you can't say Ray Allen saved LeBron's career from being 1/5.

I saw the whole postseason and LeBron did not quit in game 5. He had a bad game, but I put this as a myth because the series didn't even end in game 5 anyway.

Kobe Bryant did not guard Michael Jordan in that mythical 55 point game most of you jizz over. Michael Jordan was a small forward and Kobe was matched up with Jerry Stackhouse.

Miami Heat 2010 free agency labeled as collusion is false. None of you have proof. If it was illegal to do or against the CBA it would have been investigated. There's no evidence that they "colluded." These words sound nice and it's to spread an agenda. It's revisionist history at its finest. I saw most of you jizz over the thought of LeBron coming to the Bulls and the Knicks. I thought he was going to the Bulls. If 3 of the top players joined your team I bet you wouldn't have said collusion. All of this is is outrage that your team weren't smart enough to do this, so you call this collusion, cheating, bad for the NBA, etc.

Collusion: secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

What they did wasn't illegal. They were all free agents. Show me the provision in the CBA that says players cannot take pay cuts on their salaries. They could go to any team they wanted to go to, which is why they were UFA (unrestricted free agents). How did the Heat cheat or deceive others?

Last but not least, I am sure people still talk about Tragic Johnson....oops they don't! Magic Johnson's failures in the NBA Finals is something no one talks or cares about. It's more BS. You want people to remember this, so these players can get discredited for what they accomplished. It's not happening. No one is going to give a damn about LeBron's losses when he retires 10-15 years from now. Winning does cure everything.

I thank all of the posters that gave real replies to this thread and not ones like that cocksmith Droid101 for negging me for making a thread LMAO. Do what you do best; jack off in your mom's basement. When you neg me at least do it like a man. Don't do an anonymous one, you fairy.

Koresh
07-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Biggest myth: Pair Shaq with (insert any all-star wing player) in place of Kobe and the Lakers still three-Peat

I actually love this one.

JT123
07-07-2014, 08:08 PM
This is a definite myth, cause any other all star wing player would have 4 peated with Diesel!

Ne 1
07-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Myth: Kobe was "carried" by Shaq during the 3-peat and only 2 of his rings "count." (2009 and 2010) http://www.hypun.com/lollibs/meme_thumb_l/6643383.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BESnCrgCAAEHKku.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTId0VHCAAA6yfD.jpg

Roundball_Rock
07-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Myth. Rockets would have beaten them as they were the Bulls' worst matchup.

The Bulls during the "Pippen era" actually went 2-1 against Houston when Pippen played.

November 93': HOU 100, CHI 93. No Pippen.
January 94': CHI 82, HOU 76.

November 95': HOU 106, CHI 83.
January 95': CHI 100, HOU 81. Hakeem shot 2 for 18.

Hakeem either played below average or at his averages in these games. It is a myth that Hakeem was dominating the Bulls. Whenever the Bulls are matched up against the Rockets in hypothetical scenarios from that period it is always erroneously assumed that Hakeem was lighting the Bulls up. The Bulls had no great center but they consistently defended centers solidly. In the East the Bulls went 4-1* in series against the Knicks and beat Mourning-led teams thrice in the playoffs. They routinely owned the Daughtery Cavs as well. Yeah, these centers were going to produce but it was not a massive disadvantage a la peak Shaq posting 38/17/5. The one exception proves the rule: Shaq in 1995. The Bulls were defeated that year by a dominant Shaq because they lacked a PF who was elite defensively that year. When they got such a PF the following year, they swept Shaq's team.

The 94' Bulls went 1-1 against the Rockets, 1-1 against Robinson's Spurs, 2-2 against the Shaq Magic, and 4-1 against the Mourning Hornets. The Knicks were their only blemish. While they were 1-3 in the regular season, one loss came in the meaningless final game because NY had all the tiebreakers against CHI. In the playoffs the Bulls held Ewing to 22.9 ppg.

monkeypox
07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Kobe forced his way off the Hornets.

ThePhantomCreep
07-07-2014, 08:54 PM
90s wasnt a weak era for basketball because Shaq was swept 5 times in the 90s.
So called MDE

Good one. Shaq was on several supremely stacked teams too.

Idiots inevitably trip over their own stupid arguments when they try to discredit Jordan.

La Frescobaldi
07-07-2014, 08:57 PM
For me two things I've noticed about ISH.

Hakeem had more of an impact on the floor than Moses Malone
and that Larry Bird didn't make an impact on defense. (This may be people who only saw him post injuries.)
.??????!!!
People actually say that sh1t out loud?

D-Rose
07-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Miami had fans before 2010
I believe in that 15 win season for Miami back in 07-08, they were one of the top teams in the league in attendance.

8th in fact. http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2008

Higher average attendance than Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs.

Ne 1
07-07-2014, 09:05 PM
This. Also Kobe forced Shaq out of L.A.

outbreak
07-07-2014, 09:06 PM
So what happens if Rays shot didn't fall?
lebron would have gotten the rebound and the heat would have miraculously won by 20 points with lebron scoring at a record breaking pace!

SouBeachTalents
07-07-2014, 09:08 PM
lebron would have gotten the rebound and the heat would have miraculously won by 20 points with lebron scoring at a record breaking pace!

Glad I'm not the only one who realizes this

Koresh
07-07-2014, 11:59 PM
.??????!!!
People actually say that sh1t out loud?

SMH exactly. Hakeem is the most overrated NBA player on this forum I swear. David Robinson pretty much has the same resume, but he is nowhere near the top 10, but freaking Hakeem is. I don't understand it. Hakeem is one of the most skilled centers to ever play the game, but come on.

SouBeachTalents
07-08-2014, 12:11 AM
SMH exactly. Hakeem is the most overrated NBA player on this forum I swear. David Robinson pretty much has the same resume, but he is nowhere near the top 10, but freaking Hakeem is. I don't understand it. Hakeem is one of the most skilled centers to ever play the game, but come on.

Hakeem has one more DPOY and 2 more Finals MVP's, plus he has better playoff numbers than Robinson

J Shuttlesworth
07-08-2014, 12:13 AM
Shaq is 7 feet

http://i.imgur.com/d3qP9z9.png

ThePhantomCreep
07-08-2014, 01:36 AM
Hakeem has one more DPOY and 2 more Finals MVP's, plus he has better playoff numbers than Robinson

He also had 12 straight 20/10 seasons. That's more than Robinson(8) or Duncan(9).

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Shaq is 7 feet

http://i.imgur.com/d3qP9z9.png

:oldlol:

Real14
07-08-2014, 01:13 PM
1. Knicks are not in the top 10 NBA franchises of all time.

2. Lebron and Wade earned their rings.

3. I'm an idiot , stupid and a teenager.

4. Gasol and Shaq carried Kobe to win titles

5. Pacers won fair in square in 2013 east semis.

6. Durant is a better scorer than Melo regardless of special treatment.

7. Lebron didn't choke and quit in 2014 NBA finals

I will update more later... Stay tuned and stay FRESH.

6 for 24
07-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Good topic!

The myth that annoys me is that all Kobe stans are insecure Asians with small penises. I know for a fact that this is false, as I am an African with a large *****. And my reliable sources tell me that kennethgriffin is a white with only a slightly below average-sized *****. So that is two strikes against already!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Real14
07-08-2014, 01:23 PM
This is one of the dumbest things that I've ever heard in my life.

Nastradamus
07-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Handchecking was good defense

end thread

choppermagic
07-08-2014, 01:32 PM
He also had 12 straight 20/10 seasons. That's more than Robinson(8) or Duncan(9).

And his array of moves and speed was unseen for a Center of that size. Some of his stat lines are like video game stats. All due respect to the Admiral, but Hakeem was a force of nature.

dubeta
07-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Kobe is top 10 greatest

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 01:57 PM
as a long time lebron fan, "lebron is top 30 all time."

Koresh
07-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Another one I keep hearing:

Super teams are bad for the NBA.

Yeah, that's pretty self-explanatory...

SouBeachTalents
07-08-2014, 07:22 PM
as a long time lebron fan, "lebron is top 30 all time."

:facepalm

GODbe
07-08-2014, 07:23 PM
" 1.5* > 5 "

"Jordan = GOAT"

"LeBald = Top 40"

"Shaq carried Kobe"

"Kobe isn't GOAT"

SouBeachTalents
07-08-2014, 07:24 PM
" 1.5* > 5 "

"Jordan = GOAT"

"LeBald = Top 40"

"Shaq carried Kobe"

"Kobe isn't GOAT"

All true

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah, that's a myth. But Kobe forcing his way to the Lakers is not.

Koresh
08-27-2014, 05:00 AM
Euroleague is better than the NBA :roll: :rolleyes:

The Big 3 Boston Celtics Era

"How dare you compare the Big 3 in Miami to the one in Boston! The Big 3 in Boston were past their primes and at the tail end of their careers!"

Age of Paul Pierce: 30
Age of Ray Allen: 32
Age of Kevin Garnett:31

Huh? :biggums: :coleman: :facepalm

iTare
08-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Myth:
Kobe didn't rape that poor innocent lady.

Encre92
08-27-2014, 05:08 AM
Myth: 2011 was a choke.

dannywpt
08-27-2014, 05:13 AM
Myth: 2011 was a choke.

Hey Corleone/Marlo/Dragic4life/lebronxrings/dubeta, this is pretty sad to witness. Seek help. Seriously.

SpanishACB
08-27-2014, 05:31 AM
myth 1:

lebron groupies can make objetive/worthwhile threads

SexSymbol
08-27-2014, 05:53 AM

Myths:

Not myths

SouBeachTalents
08-27-2014, 06:13 AM
Chris Bosh will suddenly become an MVP candidate/top 10 player this season

k0kakw0rld
08-27-2014, 06:49 AM
How is it a myth that Bosh is a 20/10 player on another team??

He's averaged 20/10 3 times in his career and averaged 20 & 9.4 in his 7 season as a Raptor
Key word "averagEd" Chris boshwas never once a 20/10 player for his 4 years he spent in Miami and never will be.

k0kakw0rld
08-27-2014, 06:54 AM
I would definitely label James' performance in game 5 vs the C's a quitjob. His body language was that of someone who did not want to be there.
Talking about body language but you wouldn't even recognize when a girl likes you or want you to **** off. GTFOH with this body language ish.

k0kakw0rld
08-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Kobe is inefficient

Mj shot 50 % fg his entire career on 30 ppg
Kobe shooting 45% fg on 25.5 ppg thats ineffiency.

k0kakw0rld
08-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Chris Paul is the best PG in the game

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

Stringer Bell
08-27-2014, 12:24 PM

How many of those points came when Jordan was guarding Kobe? Haven't seen the game in full. Anyway, being 40 and getting destroyed by someone of Kobe's caliber is not exactly some shameful thing.

How exactly do you save the career of a multiple MVP who is the best player in the league? :roll:

It did save Lebron from more criticism, however. Especially given those late turnovers from Lebron.

97 bulls
08-27-2014, 12:48 PM
A few id like to add

Jordan made Scottie Pippen

The only difference between the 79 Celtics and 80 Celtics was Larry Bird and thus he gets full credit for their win increase.

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 12:52 PM
How exactly do you save the career of a multiple MVP who is the best player in the league? :roll:

It did save Lebron from more criticism, however. Especially given those late turnovers from Lebron.

It might just be the biggest differential between losing that finals and winning that finals. Think about what that will do to his legacy if they had lost that game. Especially like you said, he committed all those turnovers in the last minutes.

1 hit wonder
choker (again)
etc

andgar923
08-27-2014, 01:00 PM
A few id like to add

Jordan made Scottie Pippen

The only difference between the 79 Celtics and 80 Celtics was Larry Bird and thus he gets full credit for their win increase.
But he did make him, it's a FACT.

Coaches, teammates, officials, opponents and journalists have all basically said so.

Oh... And Pip himself.

Links and quotes have been posted in the past, but some of you always refuse to accept them.

The stats and eye test back it up as well.

Stringer Bell
08-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Jordan helped Pippen grow into the great player he became. It's extreme to say one player "made" another player.

97 bulls
08-27-2014, 01:36 PM
But he did make him, it's a FACT.

Coaches, teammates, officials, opponents and journalists have all basically said so.

Oh... And Pip himself.

Links and quotes have been posted in the past, but some of you always refuse to accept them.

The stats and eye test back it up as well.
Ive always been in the camp that says Jordan mentored Pippen. Not made. The talent was there already. It's the context that you guys are trying to create. Scottie Pippens abilities with Jordan? Alltime great. If he didnt have Jordan. Nicolaus Batum. I disagree with that.

Jordan also said that Pippen made him a better basketball player.

And this is what separates the guys you call Pippen trolls from posters like yourself. We understand the context in which comments are made. You do too, but your agenda wont allow you to accept it.

AlphaWolf24
08-27-2014, 02:07 PM
FG% and "efficiency" matter alot in Basketball and are linked somehow

Inactive
08-27-2014, 02:23 PM
FG% and "efficiency" matter alot in Basketball and are linked somehowPeople think that missing shots is bad? Who is to blame for this pernicious lie? Only a diseased mind could conceive of such a thing.

Stringer Bell
08-27-2014, 02:40 PM
It might just be the biggest differential between losing that finals and winning that finals. Think about what that will do to his legacy if they had lost that game. Especially like you said, he committed all those turnovers in the last minutes.

1 hit wonder
choker (again)
etc

It just saves Lebron from a lot of criticism since the Heat would likely have lost.

It doesn't "save his career"....people are so extreme.

Stringer Bell
08-27-2014, 02:46 PM
It maybe more of a myth outside of ISH, but I have heard it a few times here:

Jordan developing a fadeaway during his "2nd career" with the Bulls.

What complete nonsense. He refined his fadeaway and post game.
Particularly the move when he'd pivot back, give the up-fake, and then slid through for the layup.

He had an effective fadeaway for years going into his first retirement. He just didn't go to it as often.

I remember one of his documentaries, I think it was ESPN Sportscentury, when talking about the 2nd 3-peat. It said he "added a fadeaway" to his arsenal.

:facepalm :rolleyes:

AlphaWolf24
08-27-2014, 02:48 PM
People think that missing shots is bad? Who is to blame for this pernicious lie? Only a diseased mind could conceive of such a thing.

- if "missing shots" :rolleyes: is Bad then that means there are tons of Bad players...since even the greatest Shooters/Players in History Missed more then Half of all there shots....I repeat.....nearly all of the Greatest cerebral minds in NBA History Missed [B]more then Half of all there shots.[B]

SCdac
08-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Biggest myths on ISH.... Spurs related stuff:

- Pop coached scrub teams to championships and made every player he's ever coached better (both untrue)

- Duncan is a pure centre and "only played PF because of Robinson" (completely ignoring Duncan's versatile skill set and the fact Spurs actively sought out Alonzo Mourning (didn't get him), Rasho Nesterovic, Nazr Mohammed, Francisco Elson, and Fabricio Oberto in Duncan's physical prime to pair him with. Even pushed Antonio McDyess to center, before finally landing 1st round pick Tiago Splitter, which Dyess openly talked about)

- Kawhi Leonard can't create his own shot and he only thrives because on the Spurs (he was a projected lottery pick, and is playing on a Spurs team with a much-aged "Big 3". In other words, they needed him as much as he needed them. Pop knew this.)

- Manu is a bench player (granted people don't buy into this as much as 4-5 years ago, but it's something people used to say alot. He's started hundreds of games and lead his own national team to championships)

- Not signing Luis Scola cost the Spurs championships (he's kinda overrated, undersized, and blocks no shots. Spurs won multiple championships while holding on to his rights)

- Tiago is not worth his contract (defensively he's one of the best C's in the league and he's got solid court vision on offense)

- Parker was a full fledged All-Star since day one (he was very inexperienced his first few years and had a broken jump sh
ot up until working with Chip Engelland in 2005-2006)

JT123
08-27-2014, 03:37 PM
FG% and "efficiency" matter alot in Basketball and are linked somehow
It doesn't matter if you have a stacked front court who can turn misses into easy buckets ie Kobe's teams.
However, if you don't have an elite front court that is capable of crashing the glass then it is VERY important ie Lebron's teams

andgar923
08-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Ive always been in the camp that says Jordan mentored Pippen. Not made. The talent was there already. It's the context that you guys are trying to create. Scottie Pippens abilities with Jordan? Alltime great. If he didnt have Jordan. Nicolaus Batum. I disagree with that.

Jordan also said that Pippen made him a better basketball player.

And this is what separates the guys you call Pippen trolls from posters like yourself. We understand the context in which comments are made. You do too, but your agenda wont allow you to accept it.

Forget about the shooting, passing stuff. Skills are a given.

Every player in the nba has skills, and they develop them as time goes on.

What MJ did to Pip extends far beyond that. MJ changed Pip's approach and mentality.

Pip was fragile, he was weak and timid. MJ completely changed that.

And that's something that some of you either overlook or don't want to acknowledge.

THAT is how MJ made Pip into a HOF player.

riseagainst
08-27-2014, 05:55 PM
that whole mentality, weak will thing is a little overblown.

97 bulls
08-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Forget about the shooting, passing stuff. Skills are a given.

Every player in the nba has skills, and they develop them as time goes on.

What MJ did to Pip extends far beyond that. MJ changed Pip's approach and mentality.

Pip was fragile, he was weak and timid. MJ completely changed that.

And that's something that some of you either overlook or don't want to acknowledge.

THAT is how MJ made Pip into a HOF player.
What makes you say he was mentally weak? Because he didn't want to play with a migrane headache?

andgar923
08-27-2014, 10:14 PM
What makes you say he was mentally weak? Because he didn't want to play with a migrane headache?

C'mon dude....

He used to literally go home 'crying'.

JohnFreeman
08-28-2014, 01:56 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3dce880b01247f60a757529b2d4e8bd49bd75168924cf1877e 0c09da5b99efec.jpg

I<3NBA
08-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Good topic!

The myth that annoys me is that all Kobe stans are insecure Asians with small penises. I know for a fact that this is false, as I am an African with a large *****. And my reliable sources tell me that kennethgriffin is a white with only a slightly below average-sized *****. So that is two strikes against already!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
:lol

oti
08-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Biggest Myth on Insidehoops is that LeBron is making his teammates better. Tell one player who got better by playing next to lebron?

Milbuck
08-28-2014, 06:54 AM
Myths:

James Harden is...

- clutch
- an all-star caliber player
- capable of being a #1 option on a championship team
- not a cancer
- clean
- the best shooting guard in the game

Shade8780
08-28-2014, 07:04 AM
ISH Myths:

- Giannis Antetokounmpo is the next MJ

- Vassilis Spanoulis would be the best player in the NBA if he came over

- Bill Russell would be as effective as Ryan Hollins in today's NBA.

- USA is the GOAT country and every other country is third-world shit.

- LeBron would be a poor man's Isaiah Rider in the 90s.

- Kobe is mostly known as either an overachieving chucker who was Shaq's bitch most of his career, or a basketball god who is the GOAT and saviour of the NBA.

- MJ has a tiny dick, Pippen has a big dick and Ibaka has a monster ****. There is mixed opinion on LeBron but our reliable InsideHoops detectives have proven that he only has an average-sized *****.

andremiller07
08-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Myths:
# Serge Ibaka is a great defender
# Isaiah Thomas is a good starting PG

sportjames23
08-28-2014, 07:19 AM
Good topic!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:roll: :roll: :roll:

riseagainst
08-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Good topic!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:roll:

AnaheimLakers24
08-28-2014, 12:42 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3dce880b01247f60a757529b2d4e8bd49bd75168924cf1877e 0c09da5b99efec.jpg
you arent funny