07-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Mama there goes that man!

outbreak
07-07-2014, 08:58 PM
:applause:

STATUTORY
07-07-2014, 08:59 PM
heard this ni99a ordered chastity belt for the entire organization when he was at gsw

fpliii
07-07-2014, 09:00 PM
****ing religious nutjob. :oldlol:

inclinerator
07-07-2014, 09:08 PM
i knew he was religious but this is going too far

T_L_P
07-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Praise God.

Great coach and great man.

A first and second round exit and an affair with a stripper.

Wrong on both accounts.

KyleKong
07-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm religious, and I fvcking can't stand Mark Jackson.

"Hate one and love the other"

This is exactly why I don't like Mark Jackson and his hypocritical bullshit.

He loves to criticize the homosexual community and condemn them all to hell, but turns the shoulder over his former players that cheat on their spouses and have kids out of wedlock.

You cannot pick and choose what you think is right and what you think is ok to turn the shoulder on.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:16 PM
I actually like that he insulted Islam and Scientology. We need more of that.

kennethgriffin
07-07-2014, 09:18 PM
religious people are looked down upon by society in general these days. its like practising voodoo

its actually the best way to tell a persons IQ. the less you know. the more you need to "believe" blindly in faith

just lost the last shred of respect i had for this man

STATUTORY
I'm religious, and I fvcking can't stand Mark Jackson.

"Hate one and love the other"

He loves to criticize the homosexual community and condemn them all to hell, but turns the shoulder over his former players that cheat on their spouses and have kids out of wedlock.

You cannot pick and choose what you think is right and what you think is ok to turn the shoulder on.

of course not, strangers thousands of years ago have already done that for you

therammingman
i get gas there once in a while

kennethgriffin
07-07-2014, 09:19 PM

because theyre soooo much crazier and more ridiculous than your religion

i mean who doesnt believe in levitating zombie magicians

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 09:19 PM

Christianity is no better.

zoom17
07-07-2014, 09:20 PM

:oldlol:

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:21 PM
religious people are looked down upon by society in general these days. its like practising voodoo

its actually the best way to tell a persons IQ. the less you know. the more you need to "believe" blindly in faith

Not really. Sure, it's fair play to trash Christians, but god forbid you do the same to muslims or Jews. Suddenly you're a hateful nazi racist.

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 09:21 PM
of course not, strangers thousands of years ago have already done that for you

You base your morality on what people thought thousands of years ago?

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Not really. Sure, it's fair play to trash Christians, but god forbid you do the same to muslims or Jews. Suddenly you're a hateful nazi racist.

Depends on the motivation. If you criticize Judaism or Islam, then fair game. If you're going after an ethnicity, then you're being racist.

Godzuki
07-07-2014, 09:22 PM
he went christian extremist :lol

no wonder he's so difficult to work with.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Christianity is no better.
Yeah, it is.

Christianity is a papercut. Scientology is a gunshot wound. Islam is what happens when you stand next to a exploding bomb.

STATUTORY
07-07-2014, 09:23 PM
You base your morality on what people thought thousands of years ago?
i think you missed my sarcasm

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Depends on the motivation. If you criticize Judaism or Islam, then fair game. If you're going after an ethnicity, then you're being racist.
There is no possible scenario if Islam being an ethnicity. And "racism" doesn't exist. The word "racism" doesn't even mean anything.

Also, there are plenty of situations when it is perfectly fine to go after ethnicity.

fpliii
07-07-2014, 09:24 PM

griff = the GOAT, telling it how it is.

outbreak
07-07-2014, 09:25 PM
People choose their religious beliefs, no one chooses their skin colour. And it's not fair game any way, it isn't really accepted to make fun of people's religion.

outbreak
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah, it is.

Christianity is a papercut. Scientology is a gunshot wound. Islam is what happens when you stand next to a exploding bomb.

Typical un informed ignorant opinion of islam.

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Christianity is a papercut.

Crusades, Protestant on Catholic violence, Colonialism, White Man's Burden, slavery, Church corruption, Dark Ages, ....

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:27 PM
People choose their religious beliefs, no one chooses their skin colour. And it's not fair game any way, it isn't really accepted to make fun of people's religion.
I say it is and so does the law.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Crusades, Protestant on Catholic violence, Colonialism, White Man's Burden, slavery, Church corruption, Dark Ages, ....
I live in 2014.

fpliii
07-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Shame that we were all born a couple generations too early. This nonsense won't be around much longer.

I don't have an issue with people who believe in something FWIW (even though I personally do not), just not down with organized religion.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Shame that we were all born a couple generations too early. This nonsense won't be around much longer.

I don't have an issue with people who believe in something FWIW (even though I personally do not), just not down with organized religion.
Ok, then don't join one. Problem solved.

outbreak
I say it is and so does the law.
again that's not true. Targeting someone because of their religion can be tried as a hate crime.

Marchesk

No sacred cows. All ideas are fair game in the marketplace of free ideas. Religions don't get a free pass just because people of faith might get offended. If they can make their religious claims, I can criticize them. And if they're going to go out on a street corner acting mad, then they set themselves up for ridicule.

Otherwise, I get being respectful. It's all in context.

STATUTORY

:biggums: you think organized religion is dissapearing within a couple of generations?

I don't think it's trending that way

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
again that's not true. Targeting someone because of their religion can be tried as a hate crime.
Depends what you mean by "targeting someone".

The Choken One
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
****ing religious nutjob. :oldlol:
Right?

Still like him as a coach ... but man, this chit...

outbreak
07-07-2014, 09:31 PM
No sacred cows. All ideas are fair game in the marketplace of free ideas. Religions don't get a free pass just because people of faith might get offended. If they can make their religious claims, I can criticize them. And if they're going to go out on a street corner acting mad, then they set themselves up for ridicule.

Otherwise, I get being respectful. It's all in context.

I agree people should be able to comment on others beliefs because they are choosing to believe that. But I'm answering numbersix and you can't say it's widely accepted. If someone went on tv tomorrow and went on a rant about how they hate Muslims their would be backlash which was my point.

fpliii
07-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Ok, then don't join one. Problem solved.
I won't. :confusedshrug:

:biggums: you think organized religion is dissapearing within a couple of generations?

I don't think it's trending that way
Not entirely, but among those in power in first-world countries, probably.

Right?

Still like him as a coach ... but man, this chit...
Not a great x's and o's guy, but instilled a legit defensive mentality in that squad.

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I live in 2014.

Glad to hear it. Would have been more interesting if you had given a different date, doe. But you're probably not aware of what's going on in other parts of the less modernized world with regards to Christianity. Witch burnings and killing gays does still happen. What's happened to Christianity in the West is that got it's balls cut off and made to act civilized because it could no longer command armies and use the power of the state to enforce religious views on everyone.

Some though aren't very happy with that situation. They think their faith ought to be enforced for some odd reason.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Typical un informed ignorant opinion of islam.
I guess it's just a wild coincidence that Islam has destroyed the culture and society of every country it has become the dominant ideology of. :rolleyes:

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear it. Would have been more interesting if you had given a different date, doe. But you're probably not aware of what's going on in other parts of the less modernized world with regards to Christianity. Witch turnings and killing gays does still happen.
I didn't say Christianity causes no damage. I'm just not a mindless idiot who thinks that every ideology is exactly equal and causes the exact same amount of damage.

magnax1
07-07-2014, 09:35 PM
:lebronamazed: I'm religious, and I fvcking can't :lebronamazed: stand Mark Jackson.

"Hate one and love the other":lebronamazed:

You cannot pick and choose what you think is right and:lebronamazed: what you think is ok to turn the shoulder on.
:lebronamazed:

Kyle slipped up!!! What religion are you kyle????????

Cocaine80s
07-07-2014, 09:35 PM
numbersix ruining another thread again

DMAVS41
07-07-2014, 09:36 PM
numbersix ruining another thread again

Not really.

Islam is simply a more dangerous faith than Christianity. They are not the same.

outbreak
07-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I didn't say Christianity causes no damage. I'm just not a mindless idiot who thinks that every ideology is exactly equal and causes the exact same amount of damage.
But you are idiotic enough to judge an entire religion on fundamentalists sects. It's the equivelent of someone saying all christians are creationists or the westboro baptist church is an accurate portrayal of all christians.

DonDadda59
07-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Dude has been out of work for a couple of weeks and he's already gone full blown crazy street corner preacher?

http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/teq30.gif

DMAVS41
07-07-2014, 09:38 PM
But you are idiotic enough to judge an entire religion on fundamentalists sects. It's the equivelent of someone saying all christians are creationists or the westboro baptist church is an accurate portrayal of all christians.

It's not about judging people, it's about judging the ideas of the religion. It's a very dangerous religion in and of itself.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:39 PM
I never said anything about fundamentalists. You're projecting your own assumptions.

Real14
Mark Jackson believing in God is not funny man.

The Choken One
Oh fhck ya, lemme get in on this terrorist bashing thread.

Cocaine80s
07-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Not really.

Islam is simply a more dangerous faith than Christianity. They are not the same.
when did i say anything about islam? and what was the point of numbersix even bringing it up? it seems like he rushes to post at any opportunity to start some controversial argument

Inactive
07-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Not really.

Islam is simply a more dangerous faith than Christianity. They are not the same.In what way is Islam a more dangerous faith?

Element
07-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Not really.

i used to be a muslim and basically you're just making s.hit up here

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:43 PM
when did i say anything about islam? and what was the point of numbersix even bringing it up? it seems like he rushes to post at any opportunity to start some controversial argument
Not really. I just have no interest in political correctness. I post on everything. It's just matters like these where I say 1 thing and get flooded with responses. So I in turn respond.

DMAVS41
In what way is Islam a more dangerous faith?

Really?

Have you taken a look at the Quran?

I'm not going to debate religion and faith on here as it's not the proper place...

navy
Religion needs to die out all together.

The Choken One
07-07-2014, 09:44 PM
You're more likely to be blown up by a Muslim than a Christian.

Fact.

Inactive
07-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Really?

Have you taken a look at the Quran?

I'm not going to debate religion and faith on here as it's not the proper place...Have you taken a look at the Bible? All major religions have been used to justify violence. Muslims have not been any more aggressive than Christians historically.

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 09:46 PM

You're right. Hopefully Islam follows suit and gets castrated as well. Religion and politics are a dangerous mix.

zoom17
07-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Dude has been out of work for a couple of weeks and he's already gone full blown crazy street corner preacher?

http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/teq30.gif

:roll:

DMAVS41
07-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Have you taken a look at the Bible? All major religions have been used to justify violence. Muslims have not been any more aggressive than Christians historically.

Yes. I agree.

But I'd also say that Islam is inherently a more dangerous religion because of certain tenants of the faith. I am by no means saying Islam is the only dangerous faith.

I'm out. Not the proper place in my opinion.

Marchesk
You're more likely to be blown up by a Muslim than a Christian.

Fact.

If the wrong faction of Christians gained serious power, you might not get blown up, but you could get arrested and tortured if you didn't agree with them.

mehyaM24
i have never seen an atheist that was moral, righteous, kind, giving, compassionate, trustworthy, loyal, brave or courageous

it is what it is

never loan an atheist money btw (he will never pay you back (or speak truthfully ie fpliii)

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Because I can't remember ever hearing about christians splashing acid in girls faces for going to school. I can't remember christians executing a woman for adultery because she had the nerve to get raped.

Stop being a coward. It's a savage ideology/culture. I know it makes you feel icky inside or terrified that you might be branded a "racist" if you dare think or say group-of-people-A causes more damage or is less civilized than group-of-people-B, but at some point we all have to grow up and live in the real world. We aren't all equal.

fpliii
07-07-2014, 09:50 PM
i have never seen an atheist that was moral, righteous, kind, giving, compassionate, trustworthy, loyal, brave or courageous

it is what it is

never loan an atheist money btw (he will never pay you back (or speak truthfully ie fpliii)
lol what's your deal with me my dude? I thought we were good? :cheers:

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 09:51 PM

At least they aren't screwing alter boys or asking for donations on the TV to finance their million dollar lifestyles.

LeJohn Janes
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
What a ridiculous mess of a country.

mehyaM24
07-07-2014, 09:53 PM
lol what's your deal with me my dude? I thought we were good? :cheers:

you deceive people and constantly lie while using your main to portray a certain e-image.

basically you're a devil :lol

mehyaM24
07-07-2014, 09:54 PM
At least they aren't screwing alter boys or asking for donations on the TV to finance their million dollar lifestyles.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/comments13.htm

navy
you deceive people and constantly lie while using your main to portray a certain e-image.

:biggums:

Kblaze8855
Total damage done to the world...im thinking Shinto and Catholicism wipe the floor with Islam.

All of it needs to go away.

fpliii
07-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Lie about what? Are you still on that rubbish about me having alts?

I don't care about an e-image, but I'd like to clear the air with you. I think we share some opinions, no reason to be hostile my good man.

Real14
07-07-2014, 09:56 PM

it is what it is

Atheists are the worse kind of people but we still have to pray for them.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Total damage done to the world...im thinking Shinto and Catholicism wipe the floor with Islam.

Catholicism's role in fighting to keep Islam from conquering Europe is worth the cost IMO. We would have never had Europe's age of enlightenment and who knows what type of shithole the world would be right now without that.

BlazerRed
07-07-2014, 09:58 PM
heard this ni99a ordered chastity belt for the entire organization when he was at gsw
:biggums:

stalkerforlife
07-07-2014, 09:59 PM
A first and second round exit and an affair with a stripper.

Wrong on both accounts.

We need and worship Jesus because we're imperfect, not because we're perfect.

And he maxed out his team.

Like I said, great coach and great man.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
We need and worship Jesus because we're imperfect, not because we're perfect.

And he maxed out his team.

Like I said, great coach and great man.
Collusion?

G-train
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM

Yeah you may want to check who is doing the most in your local community for those in need at the moment, while living peaceful and helpful lives.

mehyaM24
07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Lie about what? Are you still on that rubbish about me having alts?

I don't care about an e-image, but I'd like to clear the air with you. I think we share some opinions, no reason to be hostile my good man.

i dont want to derail this thread about talk of alternate accounts

but until you admit it, i cant trust anything you say.

dont feel to bad, there are others like you on this forum

stalkerforlife
07-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Catholic charities helped me pay my electric bill last year.

Praise God for the people that stand up and help others in need.

Inactive
07-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Because I can't remember ever hearing about christians splashing acid in girls faces for going to school. I can't remember christians executing a woman for adultery because she had the nerve to get raped.

Stop being a coward. It's a savage ideology/culture. I know it makes you feel icky inside or terrified that you might be branded a "racist" if you dare think or say group-of-people-A causes more damage or is less civilized than group-of-people-B, but at some point we all have to grow up and live in the real world. We aren't all equal.You're either trolling, or extremely ignorant if you don't think worse atrocities have been committed in the name of both religions.

I don't think you can make the claim that Muslims have behaved any worse than Christians if you look at the entirety of history from the 7th century on.

"But I live in 2014" - If the disparity in religious violence between Christians and Muslims which we perceive today were a result of religious ideology per se, then that disparity should have been present since the birth of Islam.

brownmamba00
07-07-2014, 10:09 PM

lol it wasn't islam that was burning over 60k women accusing them of witch craft...you should look into your religion more it's filled with atrocities.

Derka
07-07-2014, 10:12 PM

Pretty much this. Superstitious nonsense.

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Yeah you may want to check who is doing the most in your local community for those in need at the moment, while living peaceful and helpful lives.

As long as they keep it to helping others in the local community and away from using the power of government to enforce their views, you have a point.

Kblaze8855
07-07-2014, 10:19 PM

Its me out cutting my elderly neighbors yards, buying the community center team equiptment, spending hundreds out of my own pocket to feed dozens of people I barely know and getting harassed via text and email for being dumb enough to give my contact info to a charity I give to monthly that buys mosquito netting for 3rd world countries.

And I dont need a book to tell me to do it.

Good deeds long predate "god" as a reason to do them.

Kblaze8855
07-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Anyway...im thinking this probably needs closing since they dont see fit to give us the power to just move topics.

MavsSuperFan
07-07-2014, 10:20 PM
I ****ing hate hypocrisy.

Jackson rails against gays because of the sancity of marriage
Then he has an affair with a stripper.

:lol.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
At the end of the day pretty much every religion has extremists. Muslim races get a really bad wrap due to a strong Jewish influence in western medias.
Look up Israeli army attacks on Palestinian citizens or Palestinian teens shot. These stories barely see the light of day because America pretty much funds Israel's army expenses so it wouldn't be a good look for them.

KyrieTheFuture
Catholicism's role in fighting to keep Islam from conquering Europe is worth the cost IMO. We would have never had Europe's age of enlightenment and who knows what type of shithole the world would be right now without that.
Is there a reason you pretend to know anything about history? Stop trying to justify your hate and embrace your ignorance.

STATUTORY
I ****ing hate hypocrisy.

Jackson rails against gays because of the scanty of marriage
Then he has an affair with a stripper.

:lol.

it's a somewhat interesting point but i believe a lot of people who preaches the loudest about sins and perversions do so because they themselves feel its lure and grasp the strongest. One has to really understand vices in order to be vigilante against it.

perhaps he's speaking from a point of sincerity but he himself also has problem with self constraint

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:24 PM
lol it wasn't islam that was burning over 60k women accusing them of witch craft...you should look into your religion more it's filled with atrocities.
I don't have a religion.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:28 PM
You're either trolling, or extremely ignorant if you don't think worse atrocities have been committed in the name of both religions.

I don't think you can make the claim that Muslims have behaved any worse than Christians if you look at the entirety of history from the 7th century on.

"But I live in 2014" - If the disparity in religious violence between Christians and Muslims which we perceive today were a result of religious ideology per se, then that disparity should have been present since the birth of Islam.
The flu used to kill a lot of people. We've pretty much got it under control in 2014 though. It's not a problem so we focus our attention on the illnesses that aren't under control. We don't run around like fcuking imbeciles pretending AIDS is no worse than the flu.

KyrieTheFuture
07-07-2014, 10:29 PM
The flu used to kill a lot of people. We've pretty much got it under control in 2014 though. It's not a problem so we focus our attention on the illnesses that aren't under control. We don't run around like fcuking imbeciles pretending AIDS is no worse than the flu.
AIDS is a helluva lot more preventable than the flu

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Is there a reason you pretend to know anything about history? Stop trying to justify your hate and embrace your ignorance.
What I said that is historically inaccurate is.............

Nowitness
07-07-2014, 10:34 PM
The fact that people are even discussing one religion being worse than another proves how redundant the whole idea is.

Face it, like Hitchens often said, religion drives morally good people to do and say terrible things. Just like Abraham proved himself by almost sacrificing his son to God (before the angel said we see your fear him) throughout human history (at-least the reported as I believe very little of it) religion has done way worse than good.

Shame on every person who got away with child molestation; shame on every member of the corrupt conclave; and shame on every member of the Catholic Church for enforcing their redundant, radical, reclusive, recounted, retracted, repulsive, revolting, rancorous, repugnant, retarded ideologies and theocracies on people who have either reached the age of reason and/or realized that we are not at the center of the universe.

Big#50
07-07-2014, 10:34 PM
The guy is borderline retarded. Give the nikka a break.

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 10:35 PM
We don't run around like fcuking imbeciles pretending AIDS is no worse than the flu.

Avian Ebola :confusedshrug:

Back in 89, there was a monkey house close to DC that got infected with a virus closely related to Ebola. They thought it might be airborne, with monkeys dying left and right. Luckily, it didn't take in humans, but that was the big concern.

Nowitness
07-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Also I'm pretty sure Jackson has subscribed to the idea of telling yourself something so much that you believe it (both that everything is Jesus and that he is going to Heaven).

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Some pretty ignorant people in this thread.
Islam isnt the problem. Quran doesnt ecourage Muslims killing young girls, exploding bombs, killing people... The problem are those few Muslims who are violent and bad human being. Those Muslims use the religion, interpret the religion in the wrong way to justifiy their violence.

KyrieTheFuture
07-07-2014, 10:39 PM
What I said that is historically inaccurate is.............
Your entire opinion on the Church's role in the age of enlightenment, especially the fact that you think enlightenment is impossible without it.

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:39 PM
It's not about judging people, it's about judging the ideas of the religion. It's a very dangerous religion in and of itself.

Yeah, could you name some of the dangerous ideas and support those ideas with quotes from the Quran? I d like to see that.

moe94
07-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Edgy general

Nowitness
07-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Some pretty ignorant people in this thread.
Islam isnt the problem. Quran doesnt ecourage Muslims killing young girls, exploding bombs, killing people... The problem are those few Muslims who are violent and bad human being. Those Muslims use the religion, interpret the religion in the wrong way to justifiy their violence.

Clearly a deluded modern apologist. Let me ask you this, if you say some people of religion are bad how can you then say that those who are truly good represent religion? Surely if you discount the bad as simply a few Muslims then surely you need to do the same with the good. In which case why preach it?

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Avian Ebola :confusedshrug:
You're right. Bird flu is just as bad as AIDS. You got me. :rolleyes:

Seriously dude, just take the analogy. You understand the meaning. Nitpicking the irrelevant aspect of it is just focusing on the wrong part. It's like arguing "most post and pans aren't even black". It doesn't matter. You understand the point.

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:42 PM
I guess it's just a wild coincidence that Islam has destroyed the culture and society of every country it has become the dominant ideology of. :rolleyes:

It isnt Islam that destroyed those societies, but the people running them. They misinterpret Islam to justify their bad intentions. If Islam didnt exist, they would still destroy those societies, but the only difference would have been that they would use another reason to justify their actions.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Your entire opinion on the Church's role in the age of enlightenment, especially the fact that you think enlightenment is impossible without it.
I never claimed the church had ANY role in the age of enlightenment.

KyrieTheFuture
07-07-2014, 10:44 PM

I'm sorry, what was that?

dude77
07-07-2014, 10:45 PM
his name is jesus

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Clearly a deluded modern apologist. Let me ask you this, if you say some people of religion are bad how can you then say that those who are truly good represent religion? Surely if you discount the bad as simply a few Muslims then surely you need to do the same with the good. In which case why preach it?

Islam itself is the Quran. Everything about Islam is in it. The Quran doesnt encourage explosions, killings of young girls... No verse encourage those things. You cant blame Islam for the all the killings. The problem isnt the religion. The problem is in the people doing it.

Those few Muslims who kill people arent real Muslims because they dont follow what the Quran says. In order to be a Muslim you have to follow the Quran. Quran is against killing innocent people. Those people who kill innoncent young girls cant be considered Muslims. They are just bad human beings using religion to justify their bad intentions, to feel better.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
It isnt Islam that destroyed those societies, but the people running them. They misinterpret Islam to justify their bad intentions. If Islam didnt exist, they would still destroy those societies, but the only difference would have been that they would use another reason to justify their actions.
Oh, so it's not culture of Islam that destroyed these countries? It's that those groups of people are inferior savages? Really?

The middle east, Egypt and Persia were actually pretty advanced places before Islam showed up.

Marchesk
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Atheists are the worse kind of people but we still have to pray for them.

Keep your prayers. Satan provides nicely for us. We get to rule the world, bitch. If we want Lebron to leave Miami, he's leaving. And there's nothing you can do about it. But usually we don't trifle in such matters. We're more into shit like creating Global Warming, faking the moon landing, and setting up 9/11.

But just for the lulz, we'll make sure the next US president is a gay female Wiccan. Just to rub it in.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Eye.jpg

ThePhantomCreep
07-07-2014, 10:47 PM

Christianity is no better than other organized religions.

You're all worshiping deities that don't exist.

NumberSix
I'm sorry, what was that?
I want you to re-read both of those quotes. If you can't figure it out for yourself, come back and I'll gladly explain it for you.

Inactive
The flu used to kill a lot of people. We've pretty much got it under control in 2014 though. It's not a problem so we focus our attention on the illnesses that aren't under control. We don't run around like fcuking imbeciles pretending AIDS is no worse than the flu.There is virus C. It used to be very severe, and kill many people.

There is virus I. Sometimes it is very severe, and kills many people. At other times it has been more mild than virus C.

Right now C doesn't seem so bad, because the population infected with it is relatively healthy, and has developed various treatments for it.

I seems much worse by comparison, because the population it infects is in poor health, and they've just begun to develop treatments.

I agree that Islamists are a bigger threat to peace right now than Christian extremists. But it's not because Islam is inherently more violent, or backwards than Christianity.

Oh, so it's not culture of Islam that destroyed these countries? It's that those groups of people are inferior savages? Really?

The middle east, Egypt and Persia were actually pretty advanced places before Islam showed up.They were after Islam showed up as well.

Real14
07-07-2014, 10:48 PM
The guy is borderline retarded. Give the nikka a break.
That's what this devilish world has came to right? Somebody expressing their love and respect for God openly means they are retarded? This must be the end of the world just like it interprets in the bible.

Grey Dawn
Number Six getting exposed.

Kid flaps his lips too much

Nowitness

So your thought process is that Catholics were soldiers sent by God to kill/stop Muslims and probably themselves so scientific reason could advance this world and lead to more people realizing religion is B.S?

I like it.

KyrieTheFuture

The middle east, Egypt and Persia were actually pretty advanced places before Islam showed up.
Greece and Italy were pretty advanced prior to Christianity also.

You also clearly said without the Church Islam would have swept over Europe and there would be no enlightenment. That is playing a role.

moe94

So if a few people are bad and someone says they don't represent the majority, you can say the opposite? What? :roll:

kamil
07-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Anyone who believes in 'god' is to some degree stupid.

Grey Dawn
That's what this devilish world has came to right? Somebody expressing their love and respect for God openly means they are retarded? This must be the end of the world just like it interprets in the bible.

But it's such a stupid, untenable concept.

zoom17
Typical ISH a video about Mark Jackson preaching on a street corner turns into a heated religion discussion on a basketball forum.

NumberSix
So your thought process is that Catholics were soldiers sent by God to kill/stop Muslims and probably themselves so scientific reason could advance this world and lead to more people realizing religion is B.S?

I like it.
No.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes. Yes they were.

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:50 PM

Islam = Quran. Have you read the Quran? If not, you cant criticize it.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Yes.

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Yes.

Where in the Quran it encourages to kill innoncent girls or explode people of other religion?

moe94

:oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves

Says who?

I haven't read any of L. Ron Hubbard's books about Scientology but I can criticize that shit.

I haven't read the Quran but I can criticize the way Islamic states govern their citizens.

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Anyone who believes in 'god' is to some degree stupid.

I guess you are a genius and Einstein is stupid.:facepalm
What an ignorant comment! :facepalm

kamil
07-07-2014, 10:54 PM
I haven't read the Quran but I can criticize the way Islamic states govern their women.

Fixed.

Islam does not respect women. Muslim men are free to do as they please.

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 10:55 PM

You also clearly said without the Church Islam would have swept over Europe and there would be no enlightenment. That is playing a role.
Ok, sure. In the same way that the British committing genocide on the native Americans played a role in Michael Jordan winning 6 NBA championships. Without the colonizing of of the new world, there would have never been an NBA.

I guess you could say that the dinosaurs going extinct also played a role in us having this ridiculous conversation right now.

Don't be stupid.

Nowitness
So if a few people are bad and someone says they don't represent the majority, you can say the opposite? What? :roll:

No I can say their belief drove them. This is a morality matter. Give me one positive/good think a believer does that can't be done by an infidel and then give me one evil/bad thing done by a believer which can only be justified by a believer then you will see what I am saying is speaking more to this absurd idea that religion makes people good.

Circumcising kids, preaching hate against gays, the Catholic Church preaching Antisemitism until the mid 1900s long after the Nuremberg trials are just modern examples of the bad religious does which is only just by saying The Bible says so...'

The real point is that very few religious people stick literally to what they are told and thus there are a few bad Christians per se, a few good a ton of people in the middle (not really bad as in murder bad not really good as in keeping Holy the Sabbath...).

Fawker
Not here nor there about personal beliefs but doesn't every company have conduct codes? Is the NBA ok with this public display from their employee? Especially an on camera personality who has to perform to mixtures of viewers?

kamil
I guess you are a genius and Einstein is stupid.:facepalm
What an ignorant comment! :facepalm

Your reading comprehension skills suck as much your logic.

Rodmantheman
I think its time to close this thread.

livinglegend
07-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Says who?

I haven't read any of L. Ron Hubbard's books about Scientology but I can criticize that shit.

I haven't read the Quran but I can criticize the way Islamic states govern their citizens.
yeah you can critize those people running those states, but you cant criticize the religion itself.
Everything about Islam is in Quran. People may use and misinterpret Islam to fulfill their bad intentions. You have to read Quran yourself to see what it really is.

KyrieTheFuture
07-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Ok, sure. In the same way that the British committing genocide on the native Americans played a role in Michael Jordan winning 6 NBA championships. Without the colonizing of of the new world, there would have never been an NBA.

I guess you could say that the dinosaurs going extinct also played a role in us having this ridiculous conversation right now.

Don't be stupid.
Yes please continue to make silly comparisons to cover up the fact that you made a mistake. You are the one who said the Church had a connection to the Enlightenment don't get pissy at me for pointing that out to you.

oarabbus
07-07-2014, 10:58 PM

it is what it is

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

CelticBaller
07-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Lol religion thread

mehyaM24
07-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Where in the Quran it encourages to kill innoncent girls or explode people of other religion?

islaam has no peace; it's derived from the work "aslam" which means submission

the first to submit to allaah was adam, and the religion of submission (islam) has always existed from day one

ThePhantomCreep
07-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah, it is.

No, it isn't. And neither is Murica. How many innocent lives did that village idiot in your avatar extinguish in Iraq again? That good old boy Christian practically committed genocide over there.

T_L_P
07-07-2014, 11:01 PM
No I can say their belief drove them. This is a morality matter. Give me one positive/good think a believer does that can't be done by an infidel and then give me one evil/bad thing done by a believer which can only be justified by a believer then you will see what I am saying is speaking more to this absurd idea that religion makes people good.

Circumcising kids, preaching hate against gays, the Catholic Church preaching Antisemitism until the mid 1900s long after the Nuremberg trials are just modern examples of the bad religious does which is only just by saying The Bible says so...'

The real point is that very few religious people stick literally to what they are told and thus there are a few bad Christians per se, a few good a ton of people in the middle (not really bad as in murder bad not really good as in keeping Holy the Sabbath...).

Jacks3
07-07-2014, 11:02 PM
great moderating here.

Kblaze8855
Move this over here:

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345828

.....if you dont mind. continue all you like just....not in the NBA forum where it would eventually get deleted anyway

Nowitness
Islam itself is the Quran. Everything about Islam is in it. The Quran doesnt encourage explosions, killings of young girls... No verse encourage those things. You cant blame Islam for the all the killings. The problem isnt the religion. The problem is in the people doing it.

Those few Muslims who kill people arent real Muslims because they dont follow what the Quran says. In order to be a Muslim you have to follow the Quran. Quran is against killing innocent people. Those people who kill innoncent young girls cant be considered Muslims. They are just bad human beings using religion to justify their bad intentions, to feel better.

No but of-course you can kill infidels, adulterers, chop of the hands of thief's...

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

First quote that I remembered. If as you say The Quaran is Allah surely this is still the case? How 'bout;

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."