PDA

View Full Version : Where will Amar'e end up? Would he be a good fit on the Spurs?

Upgrayedd
07-08-2014, 03:17 AM
Could New York amnesty him or would they have to find a team to trade for him?

I was thinking if he'd be used well on the Spurs coming off the bench, if they can't get Gasol.

Bench:

C: Amar'e
PF: Diaw
SF: Belinelli
SG: Ginobili
PG: Mills

uber
07-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Since nobody told Amare how to play defense i don't think Pop would want him on this team.

el gringos
07-08-2014, 04:01 AM
Milwaukee

He gives them exactly what their franchise needs.

A fresh start (from mayo, sanders, Zaza, and illyasova and their 35 million million a year) a year from now along w another top 5 pick and some good prospects in Hardaway Jr, Larkin, and Thanasis Brother of Giannes

He might even make them some money as a name. Even a chance he balls for them and fits in really well and even a leader for them that takes some pressure off Parker and Giannes early

Hedo15
07-08-2014, 04:13 AM
pretty sure the Knicks already used their amnesty on Chauncey Billups so not happening

KingPush
07-08-2014, 04:15 AM
You would think OP is actually a spurs fan with the amount of threads he makes about them...

Do you ever talk about the bulls??

EllEffEll
07-08-2014, 04:42 AM
He is only really useful when healthy, and the opposition doesn't have someone abusing him at the defensive end of the court. If any team could do a decent job of masking that deficiency, it might be the Spurs. That said, he isn't worth a buttload of money to fulfill that role on that team.

It's a shame really, because when some players get their weaknesses exposed, they go to work on them in the off-season. Amar'e has shown no such desire to really shore up his defensive game, so. . . . he gets what he gets. I don't really feel for him that much.

He is (or was anyway) a great offensive talent, but at the end of the day, he's only half a player as far as an NBA career is concerned.

Taller than CP3
07-08-2014, 07:23 AM
He should go back to Phoenix and get his legs fixed.

The JKidd Kid
07-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Knicks already used their amnesty and the spurs don't want to go anywhere near his contract so no.

Lebron23
07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Since the suns are kinda fading out of talks for any superstar (lebron, melo, love) I wouldn't mind amare coming back to phoenix.

In before the Suns medical staff heals his injuries.

Spaulding
07-08-2014, 08:05 AM
He should go back to Phoenix and get his legs fixed.

Back.

coin24
07-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Would love to see him back in phoenix, not sure the spurs or mavs have anything theyd like to trade for him?
Amare actually looked pretty good in the last quarter of the season when they finally started him:cheers: