07-08-2014, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE]Cousins

Im Still Ballin
07-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Best C in the league.
GO kings. Fan since 95

BoutPractice
07-08-2014, 04:37 AM
He's one of those players who are really handicapped by their playing in the West.

But he's also the prime example of why PER (or the box score in general) isn't the only stat you need when evaluating a player. He averages eye popping numbers, but doesn't improve the overall's team performance by that much when he's on the court. He still has a huge margin for improvement.

UK2K
07-08-2014, 04:51 AM
He's one of those players who are really handicapped by their playing in the West.

But he's also the prime example of why PER (or the box score in general) isn't the only stat you need when evaluating a player. He averages eye popping numbers, but doesn't improve the overall's team performance by that much when he's on the court. He still has a huge margin for improvement.
I mean hes 7th in the league in EWA.

I wouldn't go by point differential because no matter if he was Jesus in a pair of Iverson's if his team did nothing but lose his +/- is gonna be shit.

Collie
07-08-2014, 04:55 AM
He's also handicapped by his perceived attitude problems, which brings down his appeal for most people (and voters it seems).

UK2K
07-08-2014, 05:09 AM
The thing that really gets me is, of the 31 times a player has ended the season with his stat line, a third of those finished with the MVP while Cousins completely missed the ASG all-together.

Marchesk
07-08-2014, 05:16 AM
He averages eye popping numbers, but doesn't improve the overall's team performance by that much when he's on the court. He still has a huge margin for improvement.

Is that the case, or is it that the rest of his team isn't that good relative to being in the West?

BoutPractice
07-08-2014, 05:17 AM
I mean hes 7th in the league in EWA.

I wouldn't go by point differential because no matter if he was Jesus in a pair of Iverson's if his team did nothing but lose his +/- is gonna be shit.

Yeah, I was going with RAPM there. But RAPM is supposed to adjust for quality of teammates. Raw plus/minus is fairly useless.

GimmeThat
07-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Zach Randolph has only made 2 ASG so far in his career.

BoutPractice
07-08-2014, 05:23 AM
Incidentally, I'm really high on Cousins. He has a lot of untapped potential in my view. He's still pure talent, although he's playing a bit smarter each year. Skills will never be the problem with him, the key is the mental aspect of the game: restraint in his decision making, leadership, etc.. Of course he will benefit from better coaching, better teammates, and so on.

andremiller07
07-08-2014, 06:44 AM
Kings 0 -12 without him

Lead League in Charges drawn and average well over 1 block and 1 steal per game and he's still only playing like 70% of his capability most the time. Was top 10 in free throws attempted as well while playing 70 games or so.

He's either got to improve that jumper or play closer to the rim one or the other imo. Still took way to many stupid shots (with his skill should be shooting well over 50% not just on it) and at times just didn't even bother attempting to play D, he can defend when he actually wants to.

Problem with Cuz is he's always on the edge of Genius or insanity. The Kings really need to pair him with a Noel/Larry Sanders PF he can pass well to them for lobs and they will help him look better on D. It's been 5 years of rubbish undersized PF's who can't block shots or catch the ball and finish.

JohnFreeman
07-08-2014, 06:50 AM
:confusedshrug:

coin24
07-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Hes a beast.. Wish he was on the Lakers:lol

UK2K
07-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Other than Rudy Gay, who is the best player he's played with?

Rookie IT? Patterson? The Chuck Wagon? Terry?

andremiller07
07-08-2014, 07:26 AM

Tyreke Evans is the best player he's played with better than Gay cause he played solid D.

JonatanRey
07-08-2014, 07:31 AM

Tyreke and Marcus Thorton's peak.

Anyway, no star in the league played with a worst supporting cast than him this year.

Yankstar
07-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Tyreke and Marcus Thorton's peak.

Anyway, no star in the league played with a worst supporting cast than him this year.

Kobe :cry:

JonatanRey
07-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Kobe :cry:

I used the verb: play :lol

TheMilkyBarKid
07-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Absolutely love the guy. I reckon he needs some form of mentoring whether it comes from a teammate or coach.
Duncan or Garnett would do wonders for him.