PDA

View Full Version : Biggest statpadders in league history?

dubeta
07-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Who are the biggest statpadders in league history?

IMO its:

Wilt - self explanatory, dude would play entire games just to run up the score.

Jordan- in his early days was a notorious stat padder, who constantly checked his stats during games. Here is proof

LA Times, April 11, 1989:

Since switching to point guard for the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan has become statistic conscious. He has started checking with statisticians to see how close he is to a triple-double. He had a string of seven consecutive triple-doubles broken Friday night.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," Jordan said.

So, too, do the Bulls' assistant coaches.

"They keep reminding me when I get back to the huddle," Jordan said. "They say, 'You need three more of this. You need four more of that.'

Kevin Love- Dude gets 25 and 12 with no impact. Heck sometimes he gives up on defense just to get the rebound

James Harden- Dude's freethrow gifts significantly increases his ppg (similar to Durant). Sometimes he will flop just to get an extra 2 points

Honourable mention to Ricky Davis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtGHHnA9ms

Le Shaqtus
07-08-2014, 03:20 PM
LeBron

heuehehrhehehe

Fudge
07-08-2014, 03:21 PM
LeBron James, easily.

GODbe
07-08-2014, 03:21 PM
1. Jordan
2. LeBald
3. Wilt

IncarceratedBob
07-08-2014, 03:23 PM
LeBron has admitted to not shooting last second shots in order to protect his fg%

"Those shots almost never go in, I'm not gonna waste my time and make my numbers look worse for a meaningless shot" James 2009

Duggrr
07-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Bruce Bowen.

07-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Dennis rodman would steal rebounds from teammates to retain his RPG average high.

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 03:31 PM
LeBron has admitted to not shooting last second shots in order to protect his fg%

"Those shots almost never go in, I'm not gonna waste my time and make my numbers look worse for a meaningless shot" James 2009

:roll:

BigBoss
07-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Lebron James by a MILE

wally_world
07-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Kendrick Perkins
Roy Hibbert

How the hell do u think those guys put up those incredible 0/0s?!

HomieWeMajor
07-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Wilt is indisputably number 1

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 03:45 PM

Link to that quote?

Kvnzhangyay
07-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Jordan, Bron, Wilt, almost every single high scorer has statpadded at some point or time

kshutts1
07-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Can't say about league history, since I've only been watching since '94. But Ricky Davis immediately came to mind.

russwest0
07-08-2014, 03:54 PM
This thread was made for LeBron and Wilt.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Boozer and Stuckey.

dubeta
07-08-2014, 03:59 PM
smh at anyone saying bran, dude would be averaging 35 if he truly statpadded, heck even the haters here were saying he didnt shoot enough, or wasnt involved enough in the finals

LoneyROY7
07-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Jordan, Wilt, and Bran.

Roundball_Rock
07-08-2014, 04:07 PM
smh at anyone saying bran, dude would be averaging 35 if he truly statpadded, heck even the haters here were saying he didnt shoot enough, or wasnt involved enough in the finals

:lol true. They call him a stat padder but then complain that he does not shoot nearly enough--the easiest way to stat pad is to jack up 25-30 FGA every game since scoring is the most valued stat by far.

Mass Debator
07-08-2014, 04:09 PM
I bet you that he'd rather have a 20/10/10 game than a 30/8/7 game.

Nowitness
07-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Tim Duncan.

Magic 32
07-08-2014, 04:19 PM
:lol true. They call him a stat padder but then complain that he does not shoot nearly enough--the easiest way to stat pad is to jack up 25-30 FGA every game since scoring is the most valued stat by far.

Lebron loves fg%, not ppg.

Psileas
07-08-2014, 04:20 PM
I bet you that he'd rather have a 20/10/10 game than a 30/8/7 game.

Agreed. LeBron does statpad, but just doesn't put scoring that high on his list. Like most superstars, he definitely knows what stats he has (or is supposed to have) in every given moment. I still remember that 50-point TD game of him, when he was stripped from it one day later, when the NBA took away 1 rebound. Regardless of this, when he got somewhat close to the TD and knew he only had a few rebounds remaining, he started going at all the loose balls he could, fighting for the boards like Rodman.
And, yes, he does seem uninvolved in certain games, especially in the Finals, but, otoh, there's also a reason the phrase "Miami Cavaliers" was coined.

Kobe, despite not being the TD threat that Bron is, also statpadded in similar ways, passing a lot lots of times he needed a few assists to get the TD.

NumberSix
07-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Didn't MJ constantly go over to the scorer's table to check his stats during finals games?

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Lebron loves fg%, not ppg.
If true, why has he taken over 3300 3pta in his career?

Beastmode88
07-08-2014, 04:39 PM
What stats? Percentage of winning in the finals? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 04:41 PM
lebron fan here. lebron tried to stat pad, but he ended up 2/5 anyway.

Ne 1
07-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Examples if LeBron stat padding : - Instead of leaking out for fastbreak, he swoops in to steal rebs from his big
- refusal to take buzzer deeper than 25 feet to protect his individual efficiency
- hogging when game is out of reach
- hogging against the bench unit of the opposing team
-passing over and over and over to get the assist for a triple double
- compromising fast-break opportunities just to intercept a rebound that his teammate was already in a position to grab.

I lost count of all the times I've seen LeBron fly in to steal an easy board that his big could've gotten. It got so bad in Cleveland that guys like Varejo and Big Z would simply clear out for James to get the rebound. Also it annoys me when guys play their FG%....Who gives a shit, as the best player there are certain shots you have to take.. James is the king of deferring especially when he see's a few of his shots not go down. No matter how many shots you miss as the best player you dont pass up on makeable looks at the rim, or opportunities to score for the sake of saving you efficiency. Nobody gives a shit about efficiency, we dont want the best player on our team playing like a coward because he's afraid he'll miss another shot and lower his FG%. What good is efficiency in a losing effort?..... Efficiency is not worth your best player taking his foot off the gas and not leaving it all on the floor....efficiency only matters if you've taken the shots you should be taking as the best player. It doesnt mean a thing if you passed up good looks or played tentatively and deferred a lot.

zoom17
07-08-2014, 04:53 PM
No mentions of Melo?

russwest0
07-08-2014, 04:54 PM
my dad doesn't even watch much ball or get caught up in the stats but we were watching the finals and he said some shit like "man, that lebron guy likes to stand around on defense but as soon as there is a steal he is outrunning everyone down the court to get an easy basket"

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 04:56 PM
my dad doesn't even watch much ball or get caught up in the stats but we were watching the finals and he said some shit like "man, that lebron guy likes to stand around on defense but as soon as there is a steal he is outrunning everyone down the court to get an easy basket"

:lol

Inferno
07-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Germany :lol

zoom17
07-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Germany :lol

wrong thread.

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Examples if LeBron stat padding : - Instead of leaking out for fastbreak, he swoops in to steal rebs from his big
- refusal to take buzzer deeper than 25 feet to protect his individual efficiency
- compromising fast-break opportunities just to intercept a rebound that his teammate was already in a position to grab.

I lost count of all the times I've seen LeBron fly in to steal an easy board that his big could've gotten. It got so bad in Cleveland that guys like Varejo and Big Z would simply clear out for James to get the rebound. Also it annoys me when guys play their FG%....Who gives a shit, as the best player there are certain shots you have to take.. James is the king of deferring especially when he see's a few of his shots not go down. No matter how many shots you miss as the best player you dont pass up on makeable looks at the rim, or opportunities to score for the sake of saving you efficiency. Nobody gives a shit about efficiency, we dont want the best player on our team playing like a coward because he's afraid he'll miss another shot and lower his FG%. What good is efficiency in a losing effort?..... Efficiency is not worth your best player taking his foot off the gas and not leaving it all on the floor....efficiency only matters if you've taken the shots you should be taking as the best player. It doesnt mean a thing if you passed up good looks or played tentatively and deferred a lot.
"Just for fun, let

Beastmode88
07-08-2014, 05:10 PM
wrong thread.

the germany vs brazil game is like the spurs (germany) beating down the heat (brazil)

Inferno
07-08-2014, 05:12 PM
wrong thread.

I was making a joke about Germany statpadding with them being up 5-0 :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Kevin Durant:

“It depends on what I’m shooting from the field. First quarter if I’m 4-for-4, I let it go. Third quarter if I’m like 10-for-16, or 10-for-17, I might let it go. But if I’m like 8-for-19, I’m going to go ahead and dribble one more second and let that buzzer go off and then throw it up there. So it depends on how the game’s going.”

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Kevin Durant:

dubeta
07-08-2014, 05:26 PM
I shouldve added Kobe to my list tbh, his prime years were spent getting 40+ points in consectutive games, and many 50+ point games, just to get bounced out the 1st round. Dude only cared about chucking every night, just to pad his scoring stats. He would aim for 50 every night no matter the outcome or fg%

Isnt it funny that Kobe's greatest accomplishments are meaningless regular season stuff? (81 points, consectutive 50 point games?) Dude is a certified stat padder.

Can average 35 a season but shoots 40% in the finals :facepalm

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm a lebron fan btw. stat padding is contagious. Learned from the King .... of stat padding.
How many times you going to type that?

Everyone knows you smoke Kobe's schlong.

lilteapot
07-08-2014, 05:37 PM
your dad is a deadbeat

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 05:43 PM
How many times you going to type that?

Everyone knows you smoke Kobe's schlong.

no bruh, long time Lebron fan since '88.

dubeta
07-08-2014, 05:45 PM
no bruh, long time Lebron fan since '88.

Fan of 4 year old Bran huh?

riseagainst
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Fan of 4 year old Bran huh?

yeah bruh, u mean to tell me you have only been following lebron for a couple years? What a bandwagone player stan you are. tsk tsk.

Ne 1
07-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I shouldve added Kobe to my list tbh, his prime years were spent getting 40+ points in consectutive games, and many 50+ point games, just to get bounced out the 1st round. Dude only cared about chucking every night, just to pad his scoring stats. He would aim for 50 every night no matter the outcome or fg%

Isnt it funny that Kobe's greatest accomplishments are meaningless regular season stuff? (81 points, consectutive 50 point games?) Dude is a certified stat padder.

Can average 35 a season but shoots 40% in the finals :facepalm
http://i58.tinypic.com/2e1vul5.jpg

G.O.A.T
07-08-2014, 05:53 PM

Do you have a source, that doesn't sound at all familiar.

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Do you have a source, that doesn't sound at all familiar.
Of course he doesn't. Same B.S different board, different s/n

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Moses Malone. He would literally brick a layup just to get the rebound and lay it back in.

If you took away all the rebounds from his own misses from a foot from the basket, he probably wouldn't even average a double double.

dubeta
07-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Heres kobe statpadding, trying to get extra rebounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Od75L6A8E

kingofkitsch
07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNrehtOZIlY

Ricky Davis!

zizozain
07-08-2014, 06:43 PM

- rebounds from missed free throws ... 90% his

aj1987
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2e1vul5.jpg
Same could be said about your retarded post. If you actually believe LeBron is a stat padder, Kobe is about 10x worse.

leMVP
07-08-2014, 06:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Nz3LRu33g

sure whatever.
:rolleyes:

dubeta
07-08-2014, 07:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Nz3LRu33g

sure whatever.
:rolleyes:

GOATbran :bowdown:

T_L_P
07-08-2014, 07:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZhm0wcwn0c

AirFederer
07-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Wilt, Kobe.
Kobe so obsessed with own stats that team lost chip as a result. :facepalm

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 07:28 PM
You would have a better argument if the video showed James going over teammates backs for rebounds.

pegasus
07-08-2014, 07:36 PM
LeCheckMyStats

TheMan
07-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Easy, LeBron "check my stats" James, everyone else comes in a distant second...
http://ihatelebronjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/lebron-james-check-my-stats-shirt.jpg

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 07:42 PM
LOL @ not realizing that's a photoshop.

Fudge
07-08-2014, 07:43 PM
http://ihatelebronjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/lebron-james-check-my-stats-shirt.jpg

Angel Face
07-08-2014, 07:48 PM
LeBron James, The King of stat padding.

TheMan
07-08-2014, 07:49 PM
LeBron doesn't want to shoot more because dude seriously thinks 28 pts on +60% is better than 45 pts on +50%. Who cares if scoring more would mean he's being more aggressive and getting to the rim, putting more fouls on his opponents and most importantly, keeping his team in the game and not getting blown out.

Dat FG% doe...

atljonesbro
07-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Jordan by the WIDE margin. He literally had people on the side lines telling him how far away he was from certain stats :roll: :roll: :roll:

knicksman
07-08-2014, 08:04 PM
dabeta, jt123, etc are the reason why I generalize bran stans as the dumbest on this board

knicksman
07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
You lucky jordan statpadded in his early years or else he wouldve beaten russels rings. And I doubt jordan really statpadded except for his 32 8 8 season. Its more like hes trying to figure out how to win.

But the greatest indicator of being a statpadder is great RS stats but exposed in the playoffs or esp in the finals. Players who picks easy targets like 1st quarters or down by 20+ instead of 4th quarters or the game is tight. You know players that are getting exposed during tough times as not being skilled enough to deliver. Statpadders otherwise known as bloated stats. And thats what lebron has.

JT123
07-08-2014, 08:15 PM
dabeta, jt123, etc are the reason why I generalize bran stans as the dumbest on this board
What is your iq dude, cause you have to be at least half retarded. :lol

aj1987
07-08-2014, 08:17 PM
LeBron doesn't want to shoot more because dude seriously thinks 28 pts on +60% is better than 45 pts on +50%. Who cares if scoring more would mean he's being more aggressive and getting to the rim, putting more fouls on his opponents and most importantly, keeping his team in the game and not getting blown out.

Dat FG% doe...
Are you legit retarded?

Ne 1
07-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Are you legit retarded?
Pot says to kettle.

aj1987
07-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Pot says to kettle.
The definition of irony.

knicksman
07-08-2014, 08:26 PM

this.. Thats why im not a fan of triple doubles or all around players. Coz the most effective scorers let their teammates rebounds and plays off the ball. If you let teammates rebound, then that means less rebound for you and if you play off the ball, the less assists for you. Thats what team ball is all about. Players like bran compromises teamball because of stats. Thats why they needed stack teams to win. Thats why they were never winners unless they cheat. Yet these idiots keep comparing him to jordan because of stats. LOL and keep discrediting jordan for his teammates when actually, if you play teamball, the better stats for your teammates and if you play lebron ball, the lesser stats for your teammates.

knicksman
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
What is your iq dude, cause you have to be at least half retarded. :lol

says who?a bran stan? brah your IQ got exposed once your boy lost in the finals. LOL triple double my ass. Only idiots fall for this type of players.

aj1987
07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
says who?a bran stan? brah your IQ got exposed once your boy lost in the finals. LOL triple double my ass. Only idiots fall for this type of players.
Because the Knicks have been winning a LOT with Melo being a one dimensional player, right? How the hell are you still not banned?

knicksman
07-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Because the Knicks have been winning a LOT with Melo being a one dimensional player, right? How the hell are you still not banned?

LOL id rather be 0 than be a cheap beta who settles for cheap rings:lol

3ball
07-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Lebron pads his PER with shooting efficiency, which allows him to actually produce less - his high PER is based less on actual production than it is shooting efficiency... like, there are a lot of guys whose raw production was higher but they had a lower PER due to shooting efficiency.

zoom17
07-08-2014, 08:50 PM
LOL id rather be 0 than be a cheap beta who settles for cheap rings:lol

last time I checked a ring is a ring dumbass:roll:

knicksman
07-08-2014, 08:54 PM
last time I checked a ring is a ring dumbass:roll:

last time I check, betas are always betas:lol

RoundMoundOfReb
07-08-2014, 08:55 PM
No one really. Maybe Rondo with the assists sometimes.

Hey Yo
07-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Magic was a huge stat-padder

Ne 1
07-08-2014, 09:32 PM
this.. Thats why im not a fan of triple doubles or all around players. Coz the most effective scorers let their teammates rebounds and plays off the ball. If you let teammates rebound, then that means less rebound for you and if you play off the ball, the less assists for you. Thats what team ball is all about. Players like bran compromises teamball because of stats. Thats why they needed stack teams to win. Thats why they were never winners unless they cheat. Yet these idiots keep comparing him to jordan because of stats. LOL and keep discrediting jordan for his teammates when actually, if you play teamball, the better stats for your teammates and if you play lebron ball, the lesser stats for your teammates.
Yeah, triple doubles are meaningless when they do nothing to help your team win. Especially in the post season. If your team needs you to be a volume scorer but you're too busy distributing the ball padding your assists how does that help your team? In all triple doubles in a vacuum are overrated

Such as when people point to Oscar avgeraging a trip dub for a season as evidence of his top 10-15 greatness.

Perfect example of an overrated triple double is Lebron's 27/19/10 vs the Celtics in Game 6 of the 2010 ECSF....

he was 8-21 with 10 TO in that game, the rebounding is the most overrated aspect of Lebron's triple doubles.

iggy>
07-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Ricky davis

aj1987
07-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Yeah, triple doubles are meaningless when they do nothing to help your team win. Especially in the post season. If your team needs you to be a volume scorer but you're too busy distributing the ball padding your assists how does that help your team? In all triple doubles in a vacuum are overrated

Such as when people point to Oscar avgeraging a trip dub for a season as evidence of his top 10-15 greatness.

Perfect example of an overrated triple double is Lebron's 27/19/10 vs the Celtics in Game 6 of the 2010 ECSF....

he was 8-21 with 10 TO in that game, the rebounding is the most overrated aspect of Lebron's triple doubles.
Did you actually watch the Finals? LeBron averaging 50 PPG on 45% wouldn't have helped them win the series. The defense was atrocious and the rest of the team played like crap. You really need to stop talking out of your ass. Sure, LeBron's Game 6 3D is overrated. Lets not blame the rest of the team for sucking balls.

Kobe's volume scoring sure helped them win in a shitload of titles, right? Oh wait, his chucking actually cost the Lakers/Shaq a couple of titles.

BoutPractice
07-09-2014, 04:41 AM
3ball > You genuinely believe LeBron's first priority in the NBA Finals was to maximize his PER? I'm at a loss for words...

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 04:59 AM
I doubt LeBron even knows PER exists...You seriously think he looked up PER and how it was calculated and then played in a way so as to maximize his PER?..lol

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Actually PER is not mathematically biased towards shooting efficiency...It has a lot to do with ast/to ratio (too much imo)

3ball
07-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Random MJ Posters

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Over_Rony_Seikaly_best_7eaa9998a56186109632 52b80d69182b.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/8d92e40a8548030dcad9dd3fd305444e.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_Wingate_23a229363a29a94ccb62cde8fb8b7a 57.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_blow_by_top_of_key_onel_490c5e03db1d84f2307 e90c67741085f.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/919b363305d3199f4c450c8c41f36c01.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/8f11b152471e822929b812bbcb5803ed.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/More_goat_post_skill_from_Jord_f708e90cb052583360b a0c6aa56637ac.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_baseline_poster_against_b939e26bbb1ab0ec590 cfcd747230dd1.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_Pervis_Ellison_7e3ceb9e87bef60abe4a041 07afa5fa4.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Michael_Jordan_Posterizes_50fa8e85fff262766d937fb9 08bd66f5.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 05:07 AM
Lebron looks like a stat-padder to me, but in a very sophisticated way.. It's not just the Finals - he's been playing that way all year and now he's very used to it.. comfortable with it.. it actually minimizes risk for him (risk of a tough shot, risk of blame), which he likes a lot.

How does Lebron's 31.8 (http://fansided.com/2014/06/14/stat-day-lebron-james-leads-nba-finals-per/) Finals PER through 4 games of the 2014 Finals make it onto the List of Top All-Time Finals PER's (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/FinalsPerformances-1/greatest-finals-performances-no-1), when his performance in this year's Finals had by far the least production (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=40319845#p40319845) of anyone on that list?

Shooting efficiency.. that's how.. he makes up for his lack of production in comparison to the others by being the only one whose PER is based on shooting efficiency strategies and restricting shot attempts to seek high efficiency shots.

Not coincidentally, he's the only one on that list to lose it's Finals (I should mention that he's also the only one on the list to not get consistently double teamed, which can be caused by restricting shot attempts in favor of high efficiency shot attempts).

So now we know that battling an opponent's production with production of your own, wins (all the other top Finals PER's), while propping up your PER with shooting efficiency strategies and battling the opponent's production with shooting efficiency rather than production of your own, loses (by record margins - it may as well have been you or me out there).

Nobody cares about PER.....least of all NBA players..you seriously think that he looked up how PER is calculated and then decided to play in such a way to not maximize winning but rather PER?? :oldlol:

Also, he's not the only one on that list to have lost..Wade lost in 2011

aj1987
07-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Lebron is a stat-padder to me, but in a very sophisticated way.. It's not just the Finals - he's been playing that way all year and now he's very used to it.. comfortable with it.. it actually minimizes risk for him (risk of a tough shot, risk of blame), which he likes a lot.

Think about it - how does Lebron's 31.8 (http://fansided.com/2014/06/14/stat-day-lebron-james-leads-nba-finals-per/) Finals PER through 4 games of the 2014 Finals make it onto the List of Top All-Time Finals PER's (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/FinalsPerformances-1/greatest-finals-performances-no-1), when his performance in this year's Finals had by far the least production (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=40319845#p40319845) of anyone on that list?

Shooting efficiency.. that's how.. he makes up for his lack of production in comparison to the others by being the only one whose PER is based on shooting efficiency strategies and restricting shot attempts to seek high efficiency shots.

Not coincidentally, he's the only one on that list to lose it's Finals (I should mention that he's also the only one on the list to not get consistently double teamed, which is a direct result of restricting shot attempts in favor of high efficiency shot attempts).

So now we know that battling an opponent's production with production of your own, wins (all the other top Finals PER's), while propping up your PER with shooting efficiency strategies and battling the opponent's production with shooting efficiency rather than production of your own, loses (by record margins - it may as well have been you or me out there).

You just went full retard, kid.

BoutPractice
07-09-2014, 05:10 AM
Lebron is a stat-padder to me, but in a very sophisticated way.. It's not just the Finals - he's been playing that way all year and now he's very used to it.. comfortable with it.. it actually minimizes risk for him (risk of a tough shot, risk of blame), which he likes a lot.

Think about it - how does Lebron's 31.8 (http://fansided.com/2014/06/14/stat-day-lebron-james-leads-nba-finals-per/) Finals PER through 4 games of the 2014 Finals make it onto the List of Top All-Time Finals PER's (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/FinalsPerformances-1/greatest-finals-performances-no-1), when his performance in this year's Finals had by far the least production (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=40319845#p40319845) of anyone on that list?

Not coincidentally, he's the only one on that list to lose it's Finals... (I should mention that he's also the only one on the list to not get consistently double teamed, which is a direct result of restricting shot attempts in favor of high efficiency shot attempts).

So now we know that battling an opponent's production with production of your own, WINS (all the other top Finals PER's), while propping up your PER with shooting efficiency strategies and battling the opponent's production with shooting efficiency rather than production of your own, loses (by record margins - it may as well have been you or me out there).

http://www.mobidroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/manwearingtinfoilhat-300x225.jpg

3ball
07-09-2014, 05:22 AM
How can each of the top 10 all-time Finals PER's that all won their Finals, produce so much more than Lebron, yet Lebron's 2014 Finals PER is the same as theirs?

It's because Lebron made up for the deficit in production by propping up his PER with shooting efficiency.

It was an artificial prop-up though because it didn't work - his shooting-efficiency-driven PER was impact-less in trying to defeat the opponent, while the other guys who all won their Finals used production-driven PER's to defeat their opponent.

One of the drawbacks of employing a shot restriction strategy of any kind, is that the opponent might ask, "why double team a guy that caps his shot attempts?"... it's like a double whammy - restricting yourself actually ends up restricting your teammates too at the highest levels of competition.

L.A. Jazz
07-09-2014, 05:25 AM
Rodman, but for his obvious effort not to score a single point by passing up open shots. He wants high rebounds, some steals and blocks, but no points in

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 05:26 AM
How can each of the top 10 all-time Finals PER's that all won their Finals, all produce so much more than Lebron, yet Lebron's 2014 Finals PER is the same as theirs?

Lebron propped up his PER with shooting efficiency - it was an artificial prop-up because it didn't work - the production-driven PER's of the other guys did though.

Also, another question, why double team a guy that caps his shot attempts?

Except one of the mathematical flaws with PER is that it undervalues shooting efficiency...Brandon Jennings had a 15.6 this year despite shooting 48.6% TS and Waiters was around 15 as well with a sub-par shooting %

Also Wade lost in 2011..

If you want to see why you don't double him - go watch games 4 and 5 of the finals vs OKC when OKC started doubling him...

3ball
07-09-2014, 05:36 AM
i edited the post at the top of the page... that might answer your question.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 05:38 AM
it didn't actually

3ball
07-09-2014, 05:40 AM
In 2012 lebron didn't have the same shot efficiency strategy that he does now... he's bought into it more and more each year - this year, he really went to town trying to max his shooting efficiency.

This made him more exploitable than ever and susceptible to a smart opponent that decides not to double him - no double teams by the smart Spurs, and now his teammates can't produce and everyone wonders why.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 05:43 AM
In 2012 lebron didn't have the same shot efficiency strategy that he does now... he's bought into it more and more each year - this year, he really went to town trying to max his shooting efficiency.

This made him more exploitable than ever and susceptible to a smart opponent that decides not to double him - no double teams by the smart Spurs, and now his teammates can't produce and everyone wonders why.
No smart opponent should try to hard-double him...

aj1987
07-09-2014, 05:47 AM

:facepalm

Just stop posting, dude. Whenever LeBron was on a mini scoring binge, the Spurs were quick to double. LeBron tried to get him teammates involved, but they sucked ass. Don't act like you even saw a minute of the Finals or just basketball in general. It's pretty obvious that you have not idea what you're talking about.

Per? LeBron posted a top 5 PER and the Heat lost. What does it say about his teammates?

Again, it wasn't Miami's offense. It was Miami's defense. Even If LeBron scored 50 PPG on 45%, the Heat would've lost.

Kobetards. You people just don't seem to understand that defense is important or that team ball is better than hero ball.

knicksman
07-09-2014, 06:54 AM
as jordan have said, "you missed the shots you dont take." Yet being efficient is more important from this clowns. Clearly these idiots just look at stats coz they dont have the IQ to go for eye test. At the end of the day, kobe's style is more effective as it produced more rings than bran. Jordan has that style too and it gave him the GOAT title. But of course efficiency is all that matters. LOL

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 06:54 AM
as jordan have said, "you missed the shots you dont take."
he didn't say that

knicksman
07-09-2014, 06:55 AM
This thread :facepalm
Bran doesn't take heaves so he's a statpadder. Bran 'steals' rebounds even though he does it to push the ball up the court quicker and maybe make a transition play. He passes it too much and tries to statpad assists, then you'll turn around and say he's such a ballhog.

And apparently his goal in this finals was too achieve a high PER?? :roll: :roll: Just stop embarrassing yourself.

you just exposed your IQ right there my friend. But what did I expect, a bran fan. Dumbest on this board

DirkNowitzki41
07-09-2014, 06:56 AM
kevin love, no doubt.

step_back
07-09-2014, 07:19 AM
7 pages in and no mention of Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis:no:

Psileas
07-09-2014, 07:31 AM

Not coincidentally, he's the only one on that list to lose it's Finals... (I should mention that he's also the only one on the list to not get consistently double teamed - which makes sense because why double-team someone that caps their shot attempts?)

So now we know that battling an opponent's production with production of your own, WINS (see all the other top Finals PER's), while propping up your PER with shooting efficiency strategies and battling the opponent's production with shooting efficiency rather than production of your own, loses (by record margins - it may as well have been you or me out there).

Where did you get LeBron's Finals' PER, and only after a certain amount of games?

Asukal
07-09-2014, 07:42 AM
I thought Lecramp made his team mates better, now all his stans say his team sucked. :confusedshrug:

Dresta
07-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Nobody cares about PER.....least of all NBA players..you seriously think that he looked up how PER is calculated and then decided to play in such a way to not maximize winning but rather PER?? :oldlol:

Also, he's not the only one on that list to have lost..Wade lost in 2011
Yeah... but because of Bron's epic meltdown :lol - without that they could have well swept that Mavs team.

Anyway: Wilt, Kobe, Bron, early MJ, K-Love is horrible to watch the way he pads boards, and will probs be an all-time-great statpadder by the end of his career.

pauk
07-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Wilt
Oscar
Jordan
Kobe
Shaq
Lebron
Maravich
Elgin
and so on.....

:confusedshrug: Not like anybody can do what they did.... You have to certainly be good enough to be able to drop those productions.... which impact the game anyways....

c5terror
07-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Bran collect tons of total rebound than Jordan but Jordan have 100+ more offensive rebound in his first nine years in the league than Bran eleven years. Lebron stat pad rebound by getting those easy to get defensive rebound from opponent miss shot. He's either waiting, or stealing the rebound from his teammates.

Look how Lebron was frustrated for not getting his rebound LOL.

Marlo_Stanfield
07-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Kevin Dubeta and Russel Chuckbricks

GimmeThat
07-09-2014, 09:31 AM
every assistant coaches who ever took a seat on a bench.

allball
07-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Moses Malone
Adrian Dantley
Dennis Rodman

LAZERUSS
07-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Wilt - self explanatory, dude would play entire games just to run up the score.

Chamberlain played entire games his ENTIRE CAREER. In his LAST post-season, at age 36, and covering 17 games, he averaged 47.1 mpg (which, BTW, was BELOW his career mark of 47.2 mpg in his 160 post-season games.) The man averaged 46 mpg over the course of his entire career.

houston
07-09-2014, 11:02 AM
wilt

Asukal
07-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Chamberlain played entire games his ENTIRE CAREER. In his LAST post-season, at age 36, and covering 17 games, he averaged 47.1 mpg (which, BTW, was BELOW his career mark of 47.2 mpg in his 160 post-season games.) The man averaged 46 mpg over the course of his entire career.

played all those minutes to pad his stats. GOAT stat padder! :applause: :rolleyes:

riseagainst
07-09-2014, 11:37 AM
played all those minutes to pad his stats. GOAT stat padder! :applause: :rolleyes:

:oldlol:

kamil
07-09-2014, 11:38 AM
LeBron*

sd3035
07-09-2014, 11:45 AM
There are only two people you could make an argument for

Bran James, and Wilt

Any other answers are biased stans or trolls