PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are ****ed.

Connor B
07-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Who do you get at this point? Deng and resign Pau? They are in deep shit, no way they make it out of the 1st or 2nd round, if that. Kobe will never get a 6th ring.

riseagainst
07-09-2014, 05:32 PM
he wont get another ring if he's the best player on his team.

KingPush
07-09-2014, 05:33 PM
theres always durant in 2016

imnew09
Just dodged a huge bullet with Melo resigning the knicks. :rockon:

97m for 4 yr , melo is not worth that much

AnaheimLakers24
melo bran lance pau deng ariza an pretty much everyone else are available since no one has signed a contract

oh the horror
07-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Who do you get at this point? Deng and resign Pau? They are in deep shit, no way they make it out of the 1st or 2nd round, if that. Kobe will never get a 6th ring.

Their concern now is acquiring young pieces. I don't think their priority is Kobe's rings. Carmelo would have been a bad contract for them regardless of what anyone says.

STATUTORY
07-09-2014, 05:35 PM
develop young players

free agency is a sucker play

Brokenbeat
07-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Pau is gone too (if no Melo). Lakers are better off in the long run anyway since getting Melo wasn't going to put them over the top. I doubt they'd make it past the second round with that lineup anyway.

Levity
07-09-2014, 05:36 PM
with the cap at 63 mil next season, im my opinion, it would behoove LA to:

1. Offer a near-max/max contract to Bledsoe (see just how bad PHX wants to retain him, if they match, ok. at least you fck up PHX's cap for the next few years. and then go after dragic next year when he opts out)

2. after bledsoe offer, do the same with parsons (start at 10 million and go from there). With news that bosh may go to HOU for 20 mil, the team may be strapped for cash with Howard, Harden, and now Bosh call getting max salaries. And with rumors of them looking at deng, they may just let parsons walk

3. if those two plans dont pan out. offer IT 8 mil a year, and stephenson 10+ (though, i am not a fan of lance, at all. Plays too much of a 1 man game for someone a lot of people like to call a playmaker)

4. after you fill out the perimeter, let gasol go to NY and sign okafor for a discounted price. maybe 3rd year player option.

5. keep the bench core from last year, and see how they do. if kobes healthy, and randle is NBA ready, they can compete for the playoffs.

dazzer87
07-09-2014, 05:41 PM
develop young players

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

alanLA92
07-09-2014, 05:43 PM
There are many free agents and they would have a lot to spend if no Melo/Pau.

Calabis
07-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Lakers will lose Gasol as well

http://cdn4.footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/dt66pa.gif

Lakers are going to suck for a bit

KobesFinger
07-09-2014, 05:46 PM
We tank again and draft Jahlil Okafor

crisoner
07-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Plenty of free agents to sign...If the Lakers can get a good SG...PG...and convince Pau to resign they will be just fine.

Levity
07-09-2014, 05:48 PM
We tank again and draft Jahlil Okafor

our pick is with PHX for next year. though, top 5 protected. but if were in the top 5 for the lottery next year,, that means we had a worse season in 14/15 then this past year. basically, youre trading kobe if thats the plan

Hey Yo
07-09-2014, 05:49 PM
develop young players

Hard to do with Kobe chucking to add to his career pt total.

Beastmode88
07-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Man I'm gonna watch every laker game just to see more of kobe being blocked.

boozehound
07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
with the cap at 63 mil next season, im my opinion, it would behoove LA to:

1. Offer a near-max/max contract to Bledsoe (see just how bad PHX wants to retain him, if they match, ok. at least you fck up PHX's cap for the next few years. and then go after dragic next year when he opts out)

2. after bledsoe offer, do the same with parsons (start at 10 million and go from there). With news that bosh may go to HOU for 20 mil, the team may be strapped for cash with Howard, Harden, and now Bosh call getting max salaries. And with rumors of them looking at deng, they may just let parsons walk

3. if those two plans dont pan out. offer IT 8 mil a year, and stephenson 10+ (though, i am not a fan of lance, at all. Plays too much of a 1 man game for someone a lot of people like to call a playmaker)

4. after you fill out the perimeter, let gasol go to NY and sign okafor for a discounted price. maybe 3rd year player option.

5. keep the bench core from last year, and see how they do. if kobes healthy, and randle is NBA ready, they can compete for the playoffs.
so, lance has already been offered more than that by the pacers.....
and there is no way that you get parsons for 10 mil (whether he is worth that is another question).

Levity
07-09-2014, 06:06 PM
so, lance has already been offered more than that by the pacers.....
and there is no way that you get parsons for 10 mil (whether he is worth that is another question).

i thought they offered lance 9 mil a year? but yeah, like i said, 10+ year for lance. 4 years 44 mil? and again hes not a priority to me. much rather have parsons. lakers have about 36 mil in cap if they stretch nash. 40ish if they trade him. (the caps at 63 mil). so technically, they can offer bledsoe a near max and then parsons 12+ a year, which should get it done. tough pill to swallow, but doable.