PDA

View Full Version : I will say this about LeBron James

Black and White
07-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Firstly, most people here know I'm not a fan of his.

But the dude currently has the NBA world on standby waiting on his decision, love him or hate him this guy is the face of the NBA and nothing will happen till he makes his mind up, hard to ignore the impact that he has on the game.

That being said, I hope he goes home.

navy
07-09-2014, 07:26 PM
This definitely needed a thread.

NumberSix
07-09-2014, 07:27 PM

But the dude currently has the NBA world on standby waiting on his decision, love him or hate him this guy is the face of the NBA and nothing will happen till he makes his mind up, hard to ignore the impact that he has on the game.

Why are people with no rooting interest in either Miami or Cleveland so hellbent on wanting LeBron to be in Cleveland?

beastee
07-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Funny, i was just thinking the exact same thing. All of us pasty wannabe ballers sitting hitting refresh to find out where a dude is going that could care less about any of us. Crazy how strong his brand has become.

ThemBombs
07-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Why are people with no rooting interest in either Miami or Cleveland so hellbent on wanting LeBron to be in Cleveland?
because it would be so cataclysmic for the NBA it would be remembered decades from now

MisterAmazing
07-09-2014, 07:29 PM

:applause: :applause:

Black and White

Most people would like to see him bring a title to Cleveland, if he really wants to be the GOAT, thats a damn good thing to have on his resume

Mr. Incredible
It's his league. Been that way for a decade now.

RoundMoundOfReb
It makes for a much better story...

Finger Roll
07-09-2014, 07:30 PM
This definitely needed a thread.

:oldlol:

Lebron is loving this.

Black and White
07-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Funny, i was just thinking the exact same thing. All of us pasty wannabe ballers sitting hitting refresh to find out where a dude is going that could care less about any of us. Crazy how strong his brand has become.

His brand blew up big time in Miami after winning.

NumberSix
07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Pretty sure they just want him to be on a team where he is less likely to win more titles.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Pretty sure they just want him to be on a team where he is less likely to win more titles.
I don't think that's it. I'm not one of those who root against him - I like him.. It would just be more interesting to me to see him back in Cleveland..

Taller than CP3
07-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Everyone is talking about Lebron and not the incredible world cup game.

Lebron > Soccer

SpecialQue
07-09-2014, 07:47 PM

Because he probably won't win a championship there.

BlazerRed
07-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Because we don't WANT to hate him.. he's a great player. He has a chance at redemption. OH LAWD FORGIVE JEBRON FOR HIS SINS AND CAST THY SHADOW OF GREATNESS UPON THY CITY OF THY CLEVELAND! :bowdown:

Dave3
07-09-2014, 07:49 PM

Lebron > Soccer
On a forum designed to discuss basketball? Or on the specific channels/sportswriters you're following? The rest of the world is absolutely talking about the game that just happened...

J Shuttlesworth
07-09-2014, 07:56 PM
lol truth. Free agency reminds us how much power LeBron really has in this league. I don't think Durant as a free agent would have the same effect.

Either way, OP sure makes a shitload of LeBron threads :biggums:

Black and White
07-09-2014, 07:59 PM
lol truth. Free agency reminds us how much power LeBron really has in this league. I don't think Durant as a free agent would have the same effect.

I actually havent made a hell of a lot, I've made a few, probably just as much as others, I do post in a lot of LeBron threads tho.

J Shuttlesworth
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
I actually havent made a hell of a lot, I've made a few, probably just as much as others, I do post in a lot of LeBron threads tho.
You've made your fair share of LeBron threads considering I've made this same post in your threads at least 5 times :lol

Glad you're a fan though too. I also post in a lot of LeBron threads :bowdown:

SpecialQue
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM

I don't like Lebron, but his career has definitely been one of the most interesting and I can't stop talking about it. I follow this shit like I used to hate-watch TV shows as a kid. :lol And at least Lebron's motivations are more interesting than, say, Melo's ($$$).

plowking
07-09-2014, 08:03 PM
"I will say this though..."

You know that phrase is reserved for people who have kept quiet on a topic or agenda and then finally add something right? You on the other hand have an opinion, or even go about bringing Lebron up in threads to hate on him just because. That saying doesn't apply to you at all, nor should you use it.

Black and White
07-09-2014, 08:07 PM
"I will say this though..."

You know that phrase is reserved for people who have kept quiet on a topic or agenda and then finally add something right? You on the other hand have an opinion, or even go about bringing Lebron up in threads to hate on him just because. That saying doesn't apply to you at all, nor should you use it.

:facepalm

I knew you would show up and start talking crap,

read the first line of my OP, I clearly state I'm not a fan of his, but I'm giving him credit, stop being such a jackass.

BlazerRed
07-09-2014, 08:08 PM

read the first line of my OP, I clearly state I'm not a fan of his, but I'm giving him credit, stop being such a jackass.
Dude is a living, breathing giant dildo.

played0ut
07-09-2014, 08:09 PM

A nice ending for the inner romantics of all these ISH posters.

J Shuttlesworth
07-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Think about this too... LeBron hasn't actually said a single word or done anything really significant besides meeting with Pat Riley. The dude can do absolutely nothing and get a flurry of rumors floating around about him. Dude runs the world :bowdown:

The-Legend-24
Nikka is a straight up diva.

No matter the decision, he's still 2/5. :oldlol:

ZaaaaaH

Thanks Brother, I will be going home tonight after eating this Filet mignon.

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2014, 08:11 PM

I want Bron to go to Cavs so Wade can face him in the playoffs and show the idiots on ISH who's the man.

Black and White
07-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Think about this too... LeBron hasn't actually said a single word or done anything really significant besides meeting with Pat Riley. The dude can do absolutely nothing and get a flurry of rumors floating around about him. Dude runs the world :bowdown:

Crazy huh? Hes been holidaying, hosted a summer camp and look at whats happened.

russwest0
07-09-2014, 08:12 PM
ESPN :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Droid101
07-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Because it would hurt your butt more.

plowking
07-09-2014, 08:25 PM

You still don't get it. :oldlol:

Dude is a living, breathing giant dildo.

Aren't you a vegetarian? :oldlol:

Black and White
07-09-2014, 08:26 PM

Just leave this thread, you have nothing good to say.

BlazerRed
07-09-2014, 08:42 PM

Aren't you a vegetarian? :oldlol:
I don't get your point? Thanks for taking notice though :cheers:

plowking
07-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't get your point? Thanks for taking notice though :cheers:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DaSeba5
07-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Well winning in Cleveland doesn't really improve his legacy all that much. If he won more rings and MVPs than MJ in Miami, people will argue for GOAT status. Anything after that is a bonus.

Asukal
07-09-2014, 08:49 PM
2/5.... not impressed. Teams should focus on assembling a great team setup like the spurs not get the best player in the league who is a proven drama queen. :banana:

BlazerRed
07-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Well winning in Cleveland doesn't really improve his legacy all that much. If he won more rings and MVPs than MJ in Miami, people will argue for GOAT status. Anything after that is a bonus.
And he's going to do that with a dilapidated Wade and Josh McRoberts?

veilside23
07-09-2014, 08:52 PM
this maybe the best free agency ever :)

DaSeba5
07-09-2014, 08:53 PM
And he's going to do that with a dilapidated Wade and Josh McRoberts?

I'm not making a case for him to stay in Miami. My point is if he won 7-8 rings in Miami people will make a case for him being the GOAT regardless if he brought a title to Cleveland or not.

guy
07-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Probably the most interesting NBA player's career to follow since Jordan. Probably say as far as interesting careers go, it would be Jordan then Lebron then Kobe. All 3 of their careers have played out like damn movies (minus a few years i.e. Jordan's Wizard years, Kobe the last few years)

Brizzly
07-09-2014, 11:22 PM

thanks for stating the obvious

5* starred
repped

Godzuki
07-10-2014, 12:46 AM

not better than CLE becoming a better team without him. not by a longshot. If CLE can rear their talent, gell their team, improve year after year, and become a playoff team that is a MUCH better story.

y'all story is a short cut that doesn't even guarantee anything. Its lebron and a roster of very young players trying to develop.....and people talking like its a guaranteed ring :facepalm Even if they get Love and Lebron...that is not guaranteeing shit.

even then lebron cannot lead a team to a ring alone, so its not like he should get all of the credit if somehow it does happen like you say. basically the rest of that team would be stepping up a lot IF they somehow win a ring after lebron comes back.

nashwade
07-10-2014, 12:51 AM

Lebron > Soccer

You mean the game where there is no points scored in regulaton in a semi-final match and the outcome was decided by Free-throw equivalent?

reminder me again what game that is? :D

20Four
07-10-2014, 02:37 AM
I can care less about his decision lol

J Shuttlesworth
07-10-2014, 02:38 AM
I can care less about his decision lol
So what you're saying is that you currently care a lot, and you can care less if you tried?

Hoopz2332
07-22-2014, 07:43 PM
4 day old article

The buzz at Vegas Summer League
What executives, players, more are chattering about at NBA's summer summit

NBA execs can be cynical, but on the matter of LeBron, those that profit from broad interest in the NBA expressed some gratitude.

"We should pay LeBron a big piece of the cap for driving interest," says one general manager. "We had a World Cup final going on, but it was a LeBron special for 48 hours. He's carrying us. As far as I'm concerned he's earned the right to play wherever the [hell] he wants."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11225362/nba-buzz-2014-las-vegas-summer-league