PDA

View Full Version : Raps Re-Sign Greivis Vazquez

Dr.Funk
07-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 40s
Greivis Vasquez will sign a two-year, $13 million deal to stay with Toronto, league sources tell Yahoo Sports

Legends66NBA7
07-09-2014, 10:51 PM
It wasn't the initial 3 year, 15 million contract I saw before, but it's a fine deal.

Every key player from last year is back with a younger roster of players coming back next season. Been a fine off season.

Dr.Funk
07-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Kinda on the expensive side IMO but atleast it's only two years.

Legends66NBA7
07-09-2014, 11:32 PM
I don't think it's expensive. Vasquez as a starter was putting up 14/4/9 and lead the league in total assists the year before. If Lowry and Vasquez were free agents in 2013, Vasquez would have gotten paid more because he had a better individual season. I think it's justified that he can get paid $6.5 million on the potential of what he can do as a starter as well.

Vasquez was also injured when he got traded to the Raptors. Once he got healthy after the all-star break, he started playing much better. We've got 2 PG's who are capable of scoring, rebounding, passing, and shooting the ball. Vasquez's main weakness is playing sound defense and that will hopefully come under Casey's coaching.

bk33
07-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Good to see him back, but we're handing these contracts out to our bench when we could use a lot of improvement in our starting line up. Now we're all capped out to do anything about it :banghead:

Qwyjibo
07-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Kinda on the expensive side IMO but atleast it's only two years.
My thoughts exactly. You might as well spend up to your cap and it's not like the Raptors are going to get anyone better for that price.

The Raptors struggled badly in the 1st round at times not having ball-handlers when either Lowry or Vasquez got into foul trouble. They have both of those guys back plus Williams.

barkleynash
07-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Do they still have enough for the mid-level?

I think tucker is probably out of reach. Mini-midlevel? Not sure who we could get at the wing.

Any news on Blatche?

BoogieWoogieMan
07-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Good to see him back, but we're handing these contracts out to our bench when we could use a lot of improvement in our starting line up. Now we're all capped out to do anything about it :banghead:

Don't underestimate the importance of a quality bench. Having guys coming off the bench and producing was a big factor in our success last season. Its a short contract too, so I see no problem in it.

We really do need a starting SF, but there was hardly everybody out there that was really worth overpaying. Maybe Deng, but he's injury prone and not even sure if he wanted to come here.

Now look at what the Mavs offered Chandler Parsons. $42 million for 3 years :eek:

He's gonna be paid more than Dirk!

barkleynash
07-10-2014, 09:48 AM
I just saw on ********* that they signed james Johnson.

lowry, vaz,
derozen, Williams
ross, james Johnson/fields cabloclo
amir, Patterson, handsbro
val, hayes, nogeuiro

Great summer for ujiri. I think he might be done unless they somehow have room for blatche.

Sakkreth
07-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Yep, great so far. But I don't like the fact that Hayes will be getting minutes if nothing changes. Nothing against the guy but he shouldn't be getting any play time on a playoffs team.

rightsideup
07-16-2014, 01:01 PM
I watched a interview on Nba Canada and Greivis was looking for a little more money. I hope he is happy. He brings energy to the second unit and plays well with kyle at times. Still disappointed the raps could not get Ennis but it was hard to see drop to 20th.

rightsideup
07-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Any one have any thought's on a third point in case of injuries?

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Any one have any thought's on a third point in case of injuries?

Ramon Sessions and Mo Williams are available on the free agent market. If not them, we can always make a trade.

Dr.Funk
07-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Ramon Sessions and Mo Williams are available on the free agent market. If not them, we can always make a trade.

Neither of those guys are going to settle for being a third PG.

Lou Will will be the 3rd PG.

bokes15
07-26-2014, 07:39 PM
As long as he stays a backup making backup money I love Greivis. I hope we never make him a starter or pay him starter money like he still seems to think he is.