Done_And_Done
07-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Such a grimey list Kiz lol

KNOW1EDGE
07-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Ma$e over and abovevall.

Lamar Doom
07-11-2014, 01:51 AM
That Tone Loc tape was one of the first rap records I had and I think it holds up pretty well truthfully. Used to have a DUAL tape deck/turntable in the basement of my folks' house, my buddies and I would sit down there and bump that while we played Ikari Warriors and shit. A-B-B-A.

Tone Loc - The Homies (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYoUwnT809Q)

Tone Loc - Cheeba Cheeba (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-Sdq2EKrg)

and obviously Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina are crossover classics and will be on oldies stations in 20 years. I've got a dope old Tone Loc shirt.

That's really the only rapper on that list I can full on ride for. I loved Kwame - The Rhythm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7qSEmaciU) but liked what the Geto Boys did with the beat better. Coolio sort of defined "studio gangster" to me, I've got some nostalgic love for Fantastic Voyage but never had any of his albums. No real love for Mase even though he's on a couple decent tracks by proxy, I had his album but it was weak and he's just a step above Puffy as a rapper to me (that's bad). I couldn't stand No Limit, there's a couple poppy mystikal joints that get play on backspin (satellite radio's old school hip hop station) every now and then and I get into em but for the most part No Limit was sonic trash and I think a big player in so much hip hop becoming vastly disposable. I'm not one of those "hip hop is dead" guys but No Limit was one of the first major players in zero quality control that I can recall. I was too old for Chingy, I can only think of that one obnoxious single from Mike Jones, and I have no idea who Ca$h Out is.

East_Stone_Ya
07-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Chingy? really?

BigBoss
07-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Riff Raff >

nathanjizzle
07-11-2014, 02:53 AM
Chingy has to be the worst

fiddy
07-11-2014, 02:56 AM
281) 330-8004

L.Kizzle
07-11-2014, 07:19 PM
That Tone Loc tape was one of the first rap records I had and I think it holds up pretty well truthfully. Used to have a DUAL tape deck/turntable in the basement of my folks' house, my buddies and I would sit down there and bump that while we played Ikari Warriors and shit. A-B-B-A.

Tone Loc - The Homies (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYoUwnT809Q)

Tone Loc - Cheeba Cheeba (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-Sdq2EKrg)

and obviously Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina are crossover classics and will be on oldies stations in 20 years. I've got a dope old Tone Loc shirt.

That's really the only rapper on that list I can full on ride for. I loved Kwame - The Rhythm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7qSEmaciU) but liked what the Geto Boys did with the beat better. Coolio sort of defined "studio gangster" to me, I've got some nostalgic love for Fantastic Voyage but never had any of his albums. No real love for Mase even though he's on a couple decent tracks by proxy, I had his album but it was weak and he's just a step above Puffy as a rapper to me (that's bad). I couldn't stand No Limit, there's a couple poppy mystikal joints that get play on backspin (satellite radio's old school hip hop station) every now and then and I get into em but for the most part No Limit was sonic trash and I think a big player in so much hip hop becoming vastly disposable. I'm not one of those "hip hop is dead" guys but No Limit was one of the first major players in zero quality control that I can recall. I was too old for Chingy, I can only think of that one obnoxious single from Mike Jones, and I have no idea who Ca$h Out is.
No Limit had the goods. Yeah they had some trash like Full Blooded and the Prime Suspects but those guys were not selling units. Only P C and Silkk. Snoop Mystikal Mia X Fiend Soulja Slim and Tru were selling anything.

zoom17
07-11-2014, 07:20 PM
wack ass list.

~primetime~
07-11-2014, 07:34 PM
that is one awful group of rappers Kizzle...but anyway

1. 2005 Mike Jones
2. 1989 Tone Lōc
3. 1997 Mase
4. 1998 Silkk the Shocker
5. 2012 Ca$h Out
6. 2003 Chingy
7. 1990 Kwam

L.Kizzle
07-11-2014, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=~primetime~]that is one awful group of rappers Kizzle...but anyway

1. 2005 Mike Jones
2. 1989 Tone Lōc
3. 1997 Mase
4. 1998 Silkk the Shocker
5. 2012 Ca$h Out
6. 2003 Chingy
7. 1990 Kwam

Smook A.
07-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Kanye >
2Pac, Biggie, Nas, Rakim, Eminem, Jay-Z > Kardashianye West

~primetime~
07-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Is your list best to worst or worst to best? Cuz I see Mike Jones first and Coolio last has to be a typo.
Mike Jones is miles better than Coolio

Lamar Doom
07-11-2014, 10:43 PM
No Limit had the goods. Yeah they had some trash like Full Blooded and the Prime Suspects but those guys were not selling units. Only P C and Silkk. Snoop Mystikal Mia X Fiend Soulja Slim and Tru were selling anything.

Agree to disagree I guess because I think the entire label was 99% garbage. It was like they were in a hurry to put out as many rap albums as they could with their "my first album art" bedazzler and flea market beat machine. Snoop was never worse. Silk was supposed to be their best "emcee" too. Remember this shit?

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd506/furtherdef/source-june-1998-105.jpg

God the Source fell off. C Murder? You're shitting me. No Limit was when we first started flipping channels during Rap City. From a business standpoint I don't blame them for capitalizing like they did, but from a quality/artistry standpoint? Uh uh.

~primetime~
07-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Christ.

MIKE JOOOOONNNNES WHOOOOO

:facepalm

Coolio had some amazing songs. I mean, what are you really talking about right now? :biggums:
Lol what amazing songs? Gangstas Paradise? Slide Slide Slippery Slide?

Lol

L.Kizzle
07-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Agree to disagree I guess because I think the entire label was 99% garbage. It was like they were in a hurry to put out as many rap albums as they could with their "my first album art" bedazzler and flea market beat machine. Snoop was never worse. Silk was supposed to be their best "emcee" too. Remember this shit?

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd506/furtherdef/source-june-1998-105.jpg

God the Source fell off. C Murder? You're shitting me. No Limit was when we first started flipping channels during Rap City. From a business standpoint I don't blame them for capitalizing like they did, but from a quality/artistry standpoint? Uh uh.

Silkk is not a bad MC at all. He has his own style like E-40. Silkk was there young calling to the pop market. Which was why he was on tracks with Destinys Child Mya Montel Jordan Jay Z among others. Their best MCs were Mystikal Mac and Soulja Slim. Which is why those guys were the ones making tracks with Wu Tang Busta Nas Big Pun UGK E40 ect.

Lamar Doom
07-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Silkk is not a bad MC at all. He has his own style like E-40. Silkk was there young calling to the pop market. Which was why he was on tracks with Destinys Child Mya Montel Jordan Jay Z among others. Their best MCs were Mystikal Mac and Soulja Slim. Which is why those guys were the ones making tracks with Wu Tang Busta Nas Big Pun UGK E40 ect.

We have some very different tastes but I would still get a beer with you and reminisce about the "old days". No you didn't say Montel Jordan.

The-Legend-24
07-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Drake >

L.Kizzle
07-11-2014, 11:31 PM
We have some very different tastes but I would still get a beer with you and reminisce about the "old days". No you didn't say Montel Jordan.
Haha I know you remember Lets Ride. I got the cassette single somewhere.

masonanddixon
07-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Rap music is inherently shitty

Rasheed1
07-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Mace is actually the best rapper out of that group... There isnt even any question.. Mace used tear those mix tapes up..

Ma$e Freestyle on DJ Clue Mixtape (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuIQq8liuXE")

L.Kizzle
07-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Mace is actually the best rapper out of that group... There isnt even any question.. Mace used tear those mix tapes up..

Ma$e Freestyle on DJ Clue Mixtape (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuIQq8liuXE")
Is that from 97 though?

masonanddixon
07-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Why post in this thread? You don't like it? Move the fvck on.

Well the thread asked/questioned us to rank a set of rappers and I replied by stating that all rap music/rappers are inherently shitty.

Lamar Doom
07-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Well the thread asked/questioned us to rank a set of rappers and I replied by stating that all rap music/rappers are inherently shitty.

So you failed to follow the parameters of the thread. The thread that's on a subject you have no interest in. Gotcha. Don't forget to click the ads for shit you don't want too.

masonanddixon
07-12-2014, 12:22 AM
So you failed to follow the parameters of the thread. The thread that's on a subject you have no interest in. Gotcha. Don't forget to click the ads for shit you don't want too.

My ranking would be a null set. Thus, still a ranking.

Lamar Doom
07-12-2014, 12:24 AM
My ranking would be a null set. Thus, still a ranking.

Copy that, we'll put you down for "a null set". See you in the next "rank this shit" thread.

masonanddixon
07-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Copy that, we'll put you down for "a null set". See you in the next "rank this shit" thread.

Yeah man. I'm surprised there are sentient individuals over the age of 13 who still listen to rap.

Lamar Doom
07-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Yeah man. I'm surprised there are sentient individuals over the age of 13 who still listen to rap.

music in general man, that shit is for kids.

masonanddixon
07-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Rap overtaking rock over a decade ago must have destroyed you, huh? :lol

Yeah because I can't listen to my Steely Dan and jazz whenever I want or anything...

masonanddixon
07-12-2014, 12:41 AM
That wasn't the point...at all.

Then what was the premise?

-That rap overtaking rock has upset me?

~primetime~
07-12-2014, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOF_ydhmHBo

>>> Mike Jones' entire wack ass career
It does not get any faker than Coolio...Vanilla Ice has more street cred

Mike Jones does suck but at least his retarded thugged out words come from his background and not the studio.

L.Kizzle
07-12-2014, 01:16 AM
It does not get any faker than Coolio...Vanilla Ice has more street cred

Mike Jones does suck but at least his retarded thugged out words come from his background and not the studio.
Homie used to rap with W.C. W.C don't even have to say anything and I'm scared.

Legends66NBA7
07-12-2014, 01:17 AM
1) 1995 Coolio
2) 1998 Silkk the Shocker
3) 1997 Mase
4) 2003 Chingy
5) 2005 Mike Jones
6) 1990 Kwam

~primetime~
07-12-2014, 01:26 AM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/d73fa44c516bb6be55e044839ae299d5/tumblr_muxunyQuM91ririjeo1_500.jpg

Lamar Doom
07-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Please don't take this thread as a example of good hip-hop music......this list is some of the worst rappers ever

He's doesn't, he thinks all discussions of hip hop on these boards are redundant and below him. He's on that elevated shit. Go dig through the "good rap" thread and you'll see how dialed in this dude is.

YouGotServed
07-12-2014, 01:53 AM
They all garbage. Only ghetto scum listen to that filth.

Lamar Doom
07-12-2014, 02:00 AM
u and rasheed and others talk about how much u hate southern rap

I listen to Outkast, Goodie, UGK, K-rino, Scarface/Geto, Gunplay, 8ball/MJG, Jay Elec, Killer Mike, Big Mike, Devin, Curren$y, and a pack of other guys I'm not thinking of. I didn't like No Limit. I don't like Gucci Mane or Lil Wayne or several of their clone contemporaries.

L.Kizzle
07-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Al Thorton has some of the worse taste for Hip Hop in this forum.

L.Kizzle
07-12-2014, 02:23 AM
u haven't listened to any new rap in 10 years. how would u possibly know this?
Probably because I listen to what you post. C'mon man I still remember that Like a Vulture song you posted like 3 years ago.

L.Kizzle
07-12-2014, 02:32 AM
it's "ima vulcha" and that is an absolute classic

i just watched the video and apparently short kidd died last month. jesus

r.i.p.
Classic in what universe?

L.Kizzle
07-12-2014, 02:37 AM
classic in that people who actually enjoy music universe
Classic in your little universe and whichever neighborhood in Florida they're from.

Ron Jeremy
07-12-2014, 05:20 AM
[QUOTE=L.Kizzle]1989 Tone Lōc
1990 Kwam

~primetime~
07-12-2014, 11:15 AM
not that i'm above it. it's just that literally each thread is the same.

kizzle tries very hard to come up with a bunch of rappers and some type of topic that no one cares about

u and rasheed and others talk about how much u hate southern rap

primetime always finds a way to discuss which rappers are "real", somehow this is the only thing that matters when listening to music?

after reading 100 of these it is very boring
But the most redundant thing that happens in rap threads here is you coming in and acting like your above the thread... The irony