PDA

View Full Version : who will go to LA to play with Kobe?

veilside23
07-11-2014, 12:21 AM
everyone is focus on lebron and carmelo ..

carmelo met with lakers but no decision yet.
kevin love is also an option...

anyone who has some inside information?

bledsoe?

hinrich?

stephenson?

assuming nick young would come back

lakers so far will have

clarkson
kobe
young
randle
sacre

gasol is willing to sign for cheap
so gasol is an option as well
darell arthur?

any news laker fans ?

Beastmode88
07-11-2014, 12:22 AM
maybe bosh? but lakers will have 2 betas.

Geriatric
07-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Maybe Isaiah Thomas moves over from Sacramento.

Brokenbeat
07-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Nobody knows what Mitch is going to do until it's done.

That said, IT2 could be an option because he's got the Lakers at the top of his wish-list. I wouldn't mind him as a sixth man.

There's been some interest in Stephenson, but all is quiet on that front until the dominos start falling.

I think they'll make an offer to Bledsoe. I hope they don't because I don't trust his knees.

Ariza is an option, but I'd rather give that money to Stephenson.

Monroe is too soft to play next to Randle, and he'll probably get a max offer. He's not a max player, so again, I hope we pass on him.

I hope they go after Ed Davis on the cheap though (for the bench).

Dunno man, Mitch is a hard one to read, and the Lakers FO is airtight as far as unintentional leaks. I just hope they focus on the rebuild instead of trying to appease Kobe.

fos
07-11-2014, 01:23 AM
You hear that? That's the sound of a cricket riding a tumbleweed.

veilside23
07-11-2014, 01:58 AM
I hope they go after Ed Davis on the cheap though (for the bench).

oh i almost forgot ed davis.. there are also some centers playing in the summer league that they might get...

BigBoss
07-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Lakers are going to suck the next 2 seasons, then he'll regret signing that extension :lol

crisoner
07-11-2014, 02:13 AM
Couple things going on here....

The front office has to shoot for the sky and try to land LeBron or Melo or both.
Now after saying that...both our long shots.
And really just to say Melo is interested goes a long way.
They still have a shit at Melo....but honestly that is not thier best option.

They need a guard and a small forward for the price of Melo.
There is Lance...Deng...Parsons (now gone)....Thomas...Bledsoe....etc.
Do what they can to resign Pau for cheap....

With a healthy Kobe....they can make some noise next year.

miles berg
07-11-2014, 02:22 AM
I can't believe how irrelevant the Lakers are these days. No one is even rumored to be going there. Just a stark difference than the last 30 years.

LA Lakers
07-11-2014, 02:37 AM
I think Ariza is coming home. I hope! Also, we should go after Deng, I know he's not young anymore, but he'd provide some badly needed perimeter defense. I think Pau should be re-signed or let him take more money on another team, either way, it'd be the end of the Kobe and Gasol Lakers run(unless Ariza signs). Very disrespected by D Antoni, but we will get a coach that lets players play. I hope D Antoni resigning was a motivating factor for Pau to stay committed. We might be stuck with Nash, unfortunately. Wish he'd retire. I hated him on those Suns teams, he used to kill us. I don't know if he can play more than five minutes a game now, honestly. If we could get him in some sort of sign and trade? I dont know. Our best options are Ariza and Deng. Ride this wave for now. We never should have let Ariza go in the first place. He wanted an extra million or something. But I always say Artest guarded Pierce for seven games, Ariza couldn't do that. Ariza was a better overall player than Ron Artest. Kevin Love might somehow still happen. Let's have a Bruins party in 2016 and bring in Westbrook. Maybe Kobe signs one more year in that case, if he's healthy. Too bad Clips stole Farmar from us. Just adds insult to injury. Chris Paul was the first casualty. Greatest back court in NBA history vanished into thin air by David Stern. Just worried, cuz lots of rumours are going around the LA basketball fan community, and sports talk, that OKC are courting Pau hard.

LA Lakers
07-11-2014, 02:41 AM
Okay people need to step back and calm down. The Lakers were a quiet team after Kareem retired and after Magic was forced to retire.

veilside23
07-11-2014, 02:42 AM
deng with kobe is quite good .. they also have nick young who can be a sixth man ... i maybe biased but jordan clarkson can help that team if he can get the minutes at the PG spot... dude is also a good defender...

veilside23
07-11-2014, 02:43 AM
I can't believe how irrelevant the Lakers are these days. No one is even rumored to be going there. Just a stark difference than the last 30 years.

clippers made a good move already ....

i wont sleep on LA though they already tank last season and i dont think that the LA fan base would be happy if they dont win now. I know they are still in a win now mode...

Run&Gun=Fun
07-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Pretty sure suns have the lakers 1st rounder next year. Nash trade, Dwight cameo, Kobe new contract have destroyed this roster. Wouldn't want stock in it for the next few years.

Although, players will always want to play for the Lakers.

LA Lakers
07-11-2014, 02:58 AM
Well, thats a good point about the "win now," the fans can be in win now mode, though it doesn't mean win now is happening anytime soon. I'd say three quarters of the fan base, very liberal estimate, are die hard Kobe fans. So they project his win now mentality onto the team, too. They all want him to get that elusive 6th ring, too. I don't see it happening, but I'm not a fortune teller, either. It'd feel special to tie the Celtics in banners. Now rather than later. Sometimes in life you have to be patient.

Genaro
07-11-2014, 02:59 AM
It's kind worrying me cause while we wait on Melo we're losing good assets like Blake and Farmar. And the worst part is that he probably won't sign with LA at all.
I wonder what the hell Mitch is doing.

I think LA can go for Bledsoe and Monroe but I think their teams would match. I really don't want Deng cause I don't want Lakers to throw that kind of money on a over the hill kind player. Ariza is a good player but I don't think he' worth more than 12M and I'm sure he will ask for more.

PickernRoller
07-11-2014, 03:02 AM
The man has 5 rings. You had a guy that stretched his career like 4 years just to get there as a role player.

As a Laker fan and a Kobe fan I hope he can give solid seasons on what's left of his contract and retire on his terms. I don't give a sh1t about this new breed of clowns making free agency a circus.....

Hoping that the new class surpasses the prima donna that was the 2003 class.

crisoner
07-11-2014, 03:06 AM
It's not like the Lakers don't have any cap space...

I wish Kobe took less money as well.
But times are different....lakers have money and the two top free agents arents jumping to come here.

Just the reality now.

crisoner
07-11-2014, 03:09 AM
It's kind worrying me cause while we wait on Melo we're losing good assets like Blake and Farmar. And the worst part is that he probably won't sign with LA at all.
I wonder what the hell Mitch is doing.

I think LA can go for Bledsoe and Monroe but I think their teams would match. I really don't want Deng cause I don't want Lakers to throw that kind of money on a over the hill kind player. Ariza is a good player but I don't think he' worth more than 12M and I'm sure he will ask for more.

Deng is 28...not over the hill by any means.

Lakers made offer to Blake but he went for more money.

We have a shot with Thomas Lance and Deng....I hope we get one or two of those guys. They would play well with Kobe.

Brokenbeat
07-11-2014, 03:27 AM

We have a shot with Thomas Lance and Deng....I hope we get one or two of those guys. They would play well with Kobe.

I'd be content with this for now (save the max slot for next season):

IT2
Stephenson
Kobe
Randle
Okafor

Clarkson/Kane
Bazemore/Xavier
Swaggy/Wes
Ed Davis
J.Hill/Sacre

3LiftHeatCurse
07-11-2014, 03:30 AM
you have to find another beta soft passive weak personality like Pau Gasol is

those are the only types that would allow kobe to do the bratty and selfish things he does.

its hard to find those types of personalities combined with elite talent like Pau has..... come to think of it.... Chris Bosh is one of those personalities.

If the Lakers could get Bosh, you'd have someone who wouldn't mind being bitched to kobe

AKADS
07-11-2014, 03:31 AM
I'd be content with this for now (save the max slot for next season):

IT2
Stephenson
Kobe
Randle
Okafor

Clarkson/Kane
Bazemore/Xavier
Swaggy/Wes
Ed Davis
J.Hill/Sacre
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
No way the Lakers get even close to that many players

Brokenbeat
07-11-2014, 03:34 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
No way the Lakers get even close to that many players

IT2, Stephenson, and Okafor? The rest were on the team last season (minus the rooks) :confusedshrug:

LA Lakers
07-11-2014, 03:49 AM
We have got two major free agents recently, Chris Paul, and Dwight, who turned out to be a bust and a terrible free throw shooter. I hope Kobe can stay healthy and efficient. What a shame, D Antoni was coaching him and not Phil. Still crazy to think it would have been Kobe, Chris Paul, and Andrew Bynum/Dwight Howard. That's a team that you could have built around and won titles with if you're Phil Jackson. Someone mentioned Lance Stephenson. You got him, Kobe, Ariza, Deng. Thats probably too many forwards and wings but those are the only free agents I can think to go after.. Is Roy Hibbert available? Get him and Lance? Pair up with Kobe and Ariza. Or Kobe and Deng. Throw Gasol in the mix and all of a sudden you have a good starting five. The question mark is the other guard spot. If you get Lance Stephenson you put Kobe at the three and have him go to work in the post. Ariza or Deng would be a good fit for any team. Who is the guy to match up to Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker and Chris Paul? Someone mentioned Eric Bledsoe? Buss family doesn't care about money but I don't know how this new cap space restriction works. That Time Warner deal was big. Obviously, Kobe's retirement check is huge. I feel there are some players out there, that are available, maybe not a superstar, franchise changing all time great AKA the next Magic or Jerry West or Kobe, those guys are NBA amd Lakers legends or eventual legends, in Kobe's case. But, a solid player for the team might be out there amongst the names in free agency, even all star caliber that can really make a difference these next couple of years for the Los Angeles Lakers.

RoTM
07-11-2014, 03:51 AM
IT2, Stephenson, and Okafor? The rest were on the team last season (minus the rooks) :confusedshrug:

IT and Stephenson are looking like they'd go for a combined for 25M. That's all the laker space before useful players like Okafor, Nick, Ed Davis, and Jordan Hill are considered who should get decent contracts. There's also no way those two big money guys sign one year deals to preserve max space.

GimmeThat
07-11-2014, 04:12 AM
players who don't need to be over payed
but faces the possibility of a decline after playing with Kobe when another elite player joins

plenty of scrubs have put up numbers for the Los Angeles Lakers at a reasonable price.

Brokenbeat
07-11-2014, 04:45 AM
IT and Stephenson are looking like they'd go for a combined for 25M. That's all the laker space before useful players like Okafor, Nick, Ed Davis, and Jordan Hill are considered who should get decent contracts. There's also no way those two big money guys sign one year deals to preserve max space.

IT2 wants around 8ish, and Stephenson will probably go for around 12. Okafor is a shell of his former self, so I doubt he'll cost much (3-4mil). I could do without Nick Young, but he's mentioned a hometown discount, so I added him anyway. He'd be first to go if the numbers don't work though. I don't think Hill is going to demand much since he's injury prone, and can't play starters minutes. Hawes just went for 5mil a year, and Pau might take the MLE wherever he ends up too - I'd be surprised if Hill goes for more than 4-5mil.

Gonna have to make some moves to free up some cash for another max player, but Nash will be off the books next season, so that's another 9mil. Plus the salary cap goes up another 3-4mil next season. Besides, I'm not talking about a supermax contract, but a standard max for a younger player should be possible if some moves were made. I guess I should've been more specific, but I just threw a rough lineup together that was somewhat realistic.

It's a tight fit, but totally possible. :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
07-11-2014, 04:51 AM
No one is even rumored to be going there..

Uhhhhhhhhh

What?

Brokenbeat
07-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Uhhhhhhhhh

What?

I thought that was funny too. Apparently he's been living under a rock for the past week, lol.

Taller than CP3
07-11-2014, 05:00 AM
No one wants to go to LA to play with an aging ballhog who thinks he still has it.

Bandito
07-11-2014, 07:16 AM
maybe bosh? but lakers will have 2 betas.
Lebron is also signing with the Lakers 0.o

Genaro
07-11-2014, 07:30 AM

Over the hill or not, I wouldn't throw that kind of money at him. And he's 29 btw.
I don't like IT, I don't think he's starting material in a team who wants to go somewhere.
I don't think Stephenson would work alongside Kobe but I really like him as a player.

TheMarkMadsen
07-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Over the hill or not, I wouldn't throw that kind of money at him. And he's 29 btw.
I don't like IT, I don't think he's starting material in a team who wants to go somewhere.
I don't think Stephenson would work alongside Kobe but I really like him as a player.

Stephenson would look great next to Kobe, would be a great compliment to Bryant's game and KB would probably reel Lance in a little to help cut down on the bullshit.

qrich
07-11-2014, 07:51 AM
IT2 wants around 8ish, and Stephenson will probably go for around 12. Okafor is a shell of his former self, so I doubt he'll cost much (3-4mil). I could do without Nick Young, but he's mentioned a hometown discount, so I added him anyway. He'd be first to go if the numbers don't work though. I don't think Hill is going to demand much since he's injury prone, and can't play starters minutes. Hawes just went for 5mil a year, and Pau might take the MLE wherever he ends up too - I'd be surprised if Hill goes for more than 4-5mil.

Gonna have to make some moves to free up some cash for another max player, but Nash will be off the books next season, so that's another 9mil. Plus the salary cap goes up another 3-4mil next season. Besides, I'm not talking about a supermax contract, but a standard max for a younger player should be possible if some moves were made. I guess I should've been more specific, but I just threw a rough lineup together that was somewhat realistic.

It's a tight fit, but totally possible. :confusedshrug:

You are aware that Hawes took a paycut to join the Clippers and could have gotten more from Phoenix right? Orlando probably would have given him more as well as Miami (or did McBob get the same $$?)

TheGreatDeraj
07-11-2014, 07:54 AM
We have got two major free agents recently, Chris Paul, and Dwight, who turned out to be a bust and a terrible free throw shooter. I hope Kobe can stay healthy and efficient. What a shame, D Antoni was coaching him and not Phil. Still crazy to think it would have been Kobe, Chris Paul, and Andrew Bynum/Dwight Howard. That's a team that you could have built around and won titles with if you're Phil Jackson.

Someone mentioned Lance Stephenson. You got him, Kobe, Ariza, Deng. Thats probably too many forwards and wings but those are the only free agents I can think to go after.. Is Roy Hibbert available? Get him and Lance? Pair up with Kobe and Ariza. Or Kobe and Deng. Throw Gasol in the mix and all of a sudden you have a good starting five. The question mark is the other guard spot. If you get Lance Stephenson you put Kobe at the three and have him go to work in the post. Ariza or Deng would be a good fit for any team.

Who is the guy to match up to Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker and Chris Paul? Someone mentioned Eric Bledsoe? Buss family doesn't care about money but I don't know how this new cap space restriction works. That Time Warner deal was big. Obviously, Kobe's retirement check is huge. I feel there are some players out there, that are available, maybe not a superstar, franchise changing all time great AKA the next Magic or Jerry West or Kobe, those guys are NBA amd Lakers legends or eventual legends, in Kobe's case. But, a solid player for the team might be out there amongst the names in free agency, even all star caliber that can really make a difference these next couple of years for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Not even a fan of CP3, but that "basketball reason" trade denial still sucks. It basically made us give up Odom and it messed with Gasol's head even more. The Dwight trade could have worked out if the Lakers having CP3 and Kobe would have convinced Dwight he's better off being Bill Russell than Hakeem. That team(CP3, Kobe, Dwight) would have been the next Showtime that Jim buss wanted and it's a damn shame for the NBA we didn't get it. Imagine that team vs the Spurs.

Lakers don't have enough money to get Stephenson, Hibbert and Ariza. Not sure if they even have the money for 2 of them and the Lakers still need a pg. Farmar and Blake left so we only have Nash(However long he lasts) and Kendall Marshall. I like the idea of Stephenson and Hibbert, if possible.

Marshall/Nash
Stephenson
Kobe
Gasol/Randle
Hibbert/Sacre

Good team defense is what you need to defend Westbrook, Parker and CP3. If they start knocking down jumpers too, then stick a 6'6 dude with long arms on him as well. Unfortunately, I feel it will be a moment before we get another great, but I think Kobe and the Lakers come back strong next year and fight to the playoffs.

Oh and Paragraphs my man, paragraphs

jzek
07-11-2014, 08:27 AM
I don't think Kobe cares. He'll be earning 30M this year. He'll probably come back from injury in Feb so he doesn't even have to play that many games. He has physically and mentally checked out of the game and that's OK. He's been in the league for like 18 years.

STATUTORY
07-11-2014, 08:33 AM
stephenson and Parsons are the players lakers should have gone after

deng is shit and will be in decline soon, no reason at all there

AKADS
07-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Marshall/Nash
Stephenson
Kobe
Gasol/Randle
Hibbert/Sacre
How would you get Hibbert at 15 Million. Then have space for Lance 10. Plus resign Gasol 8 (lowball offer) Plus you have Kobe at 24. Nash at 9+ Plus a few Mill for Randle. and Cap holds

That's not how the Cap works.

Hoopz2332
08-14-2014, 10:04 PM
:oldlol: