2.)Bojan Bogdanovic
Gaurd:
1.)Deron Williams
2.)Jarrett Jack
3.)Darius Morris

gigantes
07-11-2014, 05:07 PM
pretty sure s-dot and blatche are gone.

neat pickup of karasev since the nets were already very high on him from a year or two before. also will be really interesting to see how bogs and the rookies do.

considering the somewhat disappointing season, the disaster of jason kidd, and the lack of #1's going forward... this is a pretty nice roster to cheer for. we really needed a youthful talent injection, and this is about as good as it could have gotten. bravo to king and crew on this one.

meanwhile the city i'm living in is now headed by lebron james and a lot of young talent. too bad i've never been a cavs fan. :oldlol:

Nets fan 93
07-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Right you're from Cleveland. Oh geez. Don't leave us for the Lebrons.. Uh.. I mean cavs

gigantes
07-12-2014, 10:40 AM
HEY HEY i'm from philly

watch it, bro!

:P

Nets fan 93
07-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Hahaha damn. I knew that... My bad man!

Big news: Paul Pierce is signing with the Washington Wizards. 2 year full mle. Nets elected not to resign him

veilside23
07-13-2014, 03:43 AM
Hahaha damn. I knew that... My bad man!

Big news: Paul Pierce is signing with the Washington Wizards. 2 year full mle. Nets elected not to resign him

i wonder if they would be signing someone else ... or let AK play the 3.

Nets fan 93
07-13-2014, 07:11 AM
i wonder if they would be signing someone else ... or let AK play the 3.
Well the nets only have the minimum. They probably not get anyone starter wise. Would be great to get a real pf though, Kirilenko can start sf

gigantes
07-13-2014, 09:32 AM
lol

niko
07-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Funny thing, I'm in japan now. Chilling in a cafe, run into two guys from NY. Dude starts talking NBA, tells me he got boys who chill with Pierce. Says Nets don't want him, so Pierce and agent are throwing huge requests at them just cause they know Nets aren't interested. Pierce will go anywhere but Brooklyn.

This about three days ago. Also said nets told Garnett they'd buy him out for $0 million, basically **** you, retire or come play.

He probably was just talking shit but it's interesting...

gigantes
07-14-2014, 02:00 AM
speaking of japan, i'm in the middle of black jack (http://www.mangahere.co/manga/black_jack/v01/c001/2.html) right now. it is easily one of the best manga / graphic novels i've ever read.

it's about an unlicensed surgeon who's something of a robin hood-type, written and drawn by someone who was himself a doctor before going in to comics. kinda wish my dad was still alive so i could share this with him (he was an internist).

well, not sure what that had to do with anything, but there you go. :P

niko
07-16-2014, 12:16 AM
speaking of japan, i'm in the middle of black jack (http://www.mangahere.co/manga/black_jack/v01/c001/2.html) right now. it is easily one of the best manga / graphic novels i've ever read.

it's about an unlicensed surgeon who's something of a robin hood-type, written and drawn by someone who was himself a doctor before going in to comics. kinda wish my dad was still alive so i could share this with him (he was an internist).

well, not sure what that had to do with anything, but there you go. :P
I never read that, may check it out. I've got three more days here, eating as much as possible.

There is a series called Jin about a surgeon who travels back to ancient japan and has to make decisions on how much to share, etc of his skill and maybe change history.

gigantes
07-16-2014, 01:36 AM
I never read that, may check it out. I've got three more days here, eating as much as possible.

There is a series called Jin about a surgeon who travels back to ancient japan and has to make decisions on how much to share, etc of his skill and maybe change history.
whoa... from the WP entry it sounds quite good!

side note: i would love it if someone made a manga about minamoto yoshitsune (i may be recalling the name a bit wrong)... i mean, the brilliant young swordsman / general who led his clan to glory, then was betrayed by his elder bro. he lived around 1500 - 1600 i think and there is a famous novel about the struggle called... "tale of the heike" or something. sorry, it's been a long time. he's one of my heroes in life, in any case.

but, so, what are you eating there, nikster? hopefully it's not fukushima seafood!

Nets fan 93
07-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Updated the OP with Alan Anderson being resigned and rookies Markel Brown and Cory Jefferson.

Nets fan 93
09-22-2014, 12:48 AM
OP is updated with the most up to date information.

gigantes
09-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Free agents:

Forwards: Andray Blatche (Xinjiang Flying Tigers ...
hard for me to understand why guys of his caliber opt for china. i mean, he most certainly doesn't need the money, he has demand from the NBA and europe, and now he's giving up a lot of things he's used to going to a country which has a language he'll never understand and which won't let him out of its borders until his contract is fulfilled.

kmart, starbury, stevie franchise, arenas, skiptomylou, tmac...... iverson belongs on that list but never made it(!)

now josh boone... that's someone i can understand going to china.

niko
09-22-2014, 10:22 PM
hard for me to understand why guys of his caliber opt for china. i mean, he most certainly doesn't need the money, he has demand from the NBA and europe, and now he's giving up a lot of things he's used to going to a country which has a language he'll never understand and which won't let him out of its borders until his contract is fulfilled.

kmart, starbury, stevie franchise, arenas, skiptomylou, tmac...... iverson belongs on that list but never made it(!)

I'm not sure he had any US offers. He met with Miami but there was no formal offer. The Nets, i don't think they badmouthed him or anything but them declaring from Day 1 of free agency they were out on Blatche had to raise eyebrows.

gigantes
09-23-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure he had any US offers. He met with Miami but there was no formal offer. The Nets, i don't think they badmouthed him or anything but them declaring from Day 1 of free agency they were out on Blatche had to raise eyebrows.
i do recall something about him being insufferable behind the scenes, so i guess word of that got out eventually even tho it didn't come through the front office.

Nets fan 93
09-24-2014, 11:06 AM

I mean Blatche is talented. He doesn't have the IQ or the overall skills to be a top option on a team in the NBA. In china he can really go off though. He just played for the philipenes in the World Cup. Maybe already somewhat being in a country where he couldn't understand the language is part of the reason. Plus: he can sign with any team after his season in china is over. Teams are always looking for someone around that time(March)

gigantes
09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
the march availability makes sense, i guess.

also these guys prolly love being big fish in a little pond... it plays right in to their egos. beyond that, it sounds to me like a lot of them just aren't very good at thinking things through. only so many shane battiers and tim duncans to go around, i guess.

Nets fan 93
09-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Lionel Hollins named Joe Johnson the starting SF. Says Anderson and Bogdanovic will fight for the 2 spot.

Nets sign willie reed (camp invite)

Nets fan 93
10-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Trade:
Nets trade Marquis Teague + future 2nd round pick
76ers trade Casper Ware.

Cuts:
Nets cut Willie Reed and Casper Ware.

OP updated.

Kiddlovesnets
11-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Other than Brook Lopez, the rosters look significantly worse than last year. Any chance we bring back Andre Blatche? I heard he was playing for a chinese team but their league will be all finished by March. Maybe we can sign him then?

Nets fan 93
02-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Nets trade: Andrei Kirilenko, Jorge Gutierrez
76ers trade: Brandon Davies

Nets cut: Brandon Davies
Nets sign: Darius Morris

Mirza Teletovic out for season with blood clots found in his lungs.

Jarrett Jack wins the starting spot over Deron Williams
Mason Plumlee has won the starting spot over Brook Lopez
Alan Anderson wins the starting spot over Bojan Bogdanovic
Brook Lopez and Cory Jefferson take Mirza Teletovic's minutes.

gigantes
02-19-2015, 07:42 PM
cool! so we got dr. venture for old man KG. :cheers:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120615011510/venturebrothers/images/thumb/2/24/Drventure.jpg/500px-Drventure.jpg

Nets fan 93
02-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Kevin Garnett waives NTC

Nets trade: Kevin Garnett
Timberwolves trade: Thaddeus Young

Nets fan 93
02-24-2015, 02:18 AM
Nets sign F/C Thomas Robinson to a 10 day contract

Edit: 76ers claim Thomas Robinson before he cleared his waivers. Although he agreed to the Nets offer.... He will be a 76er

Nets fan 93
03-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Nets sign 6'10" forward Earl Clark to a 10 day contract.