PDA

View Full Version : Ok Heat fans, whats next for us?

MostHated305
07-11-2014, 01:30 PM
No love lost for LeBron. I thank him for everything he's done for us.

Now we've got Napier, Cole, McRoberts, Granger, Wade.

Who's available? who do we go for?

Discuss.....

CHi1PriDe
07-11-2014, 01:31 PM
No love lost for LeBron. I thank him for everything he's done for us.

Now we've got Napier, Cole, McRoberts, Granger, Wade.

Who's available? who do we go for?

Discuss.....

Boozer for wade

Jameerthefear
07-11-2014, 01:31 PM
crickets

r15mohd
07-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Napier
Stephenson/Wade
Deng/Ariza
McRoberts
Monroe

possible? :confusedshrug:

tmacattack33
07-11-2014, 01:33 PM
:oldlol:

NumberSix
Well, we're probably going to lose Bosh and Ray will follow LeBron to Cleveland. I just hope the heat give Wade and UD their money they opted out of.

MostHated305
Napier
Stephenson/Wade
Deng/Ariza
McRoberts
Monroe

possible? :confusedshrug:

I really like that line-up but is it possible?

EnoughSaid
07-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Give Wade his money and just try to play this out. I don't really see the point of long term deals. Next year's free agent class is pretty nice so maybe try to sign someone then. This is going to be a LOOOOOONG year.

RRR3
07-11-2014, 01:35 PM
I like Napier a lot, I hope he turns into a good player :rockon:

ProfessorMurder
07-11-2014, 01:36 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibqVAEEx3IkDHp.gif

game3524
Crank that tank.

MostHated305
Well, we're probably going to lose Bosh and Ray will follow LeBron to Cleveland. I just hope the heat give Wade and UD their money they opted out of.

Totally agree! Arison will take care of his guys no doubt in my mind about that.

I see both getting a 2 year deal with close to max money.

MostHated305
07-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Crank that tank.

Not necessarily, Cavs have our pick next year.

veilside23
repped op ... thats guts right there...

I dont know if can still get it after this year. He is like in a kobe mode right now .. win now because clearly after 2 or 3 years they wont be the same anymore...

bad thing about the heat is the core is broken... and although they got napier i dont think that would be enough but hey .. since you are a true heat fan. 2 rings after 4 years is still money...

jrong
1. Offer Bosh the max yesterday and sell him on being 1a/1b with Wade or possibly #1

2. Convince Wade to take 65 - 70 M over 4 years

3. Build a condo inside the AAA for Tim Grover

4. Start putting together Wade's health management plan now. 32 minutes per night average, back-to-backs are day-to-day

5. Overpay on short-term deals for Ray Allen, Birdman, JJ, etc.

6. Start shopping! Tens of millions in cap space to spend!

FireMcFailPlease
07-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Irrelevance..Where us wolves fans have been the last 10 years

DaSeba5
Trust Riley. But we're going to be a lottery team. Things are back to normal. I'm not allowed to have a good team.

FLDFSU
Melo

pmj
07-11-2014, 01:40 PM
What would REALLY be nice for us is if Lebron asked for a sign-and-trade so he can get the extra year and max raises, and so the Heat can get it's pick (and maybe another) back.

NumberSix
LeBron BETTER get the Mike Miller standing ovation. It will be utterly embarrassing if he gets booed his first game in Miami as a Cav.

305Baller
Melo. Love....

veilside23
Trust Riley. But we're going to be a lottery team. Things are back to normal. I'm not allowed to have a good team.

you will son in time but you have that cap space the sad part is the draftees next year maybe 2 or 3 people would be franchise players but it would take time.

Inferno
07-11-2014, 01:41 PM

The Heat had a great run though. :cheers:

aj1987
07-11-2014, 01:42 PM
LeBron BETTER get the Mike Miller standing ovation. It will be utterly embarrassing if he gets booed his first game in Miami as a Cav.
I don't think he will. He helped the Heat win 2 rings and get to 4 consecutive Finals.

Miami should try to get Stephenson and Monroe.

Beastmode88

He might all the ones that boo'd Miami during the finals probably will never go to a Miami game ever.

Brokenbeat
The Heat just turned into the Lakers of the east.

Angel Face
It's time for you guys to buy Kerosene and a lighter.

DaSeba5
The Heat had a great run though. :cheers:

Yah it was. I'm very appreciative. I'm sad, but I had fun.

jzek
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM
No way Bosh is staying with Miami now for less money.

jrong
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM

Why so negative? They play in the East for god's sake. Are we really writing off Wade as an impact player because of the FIRST time in his career he failed to come through in a a high stakes do-or-die situation?

I'm more concerned about the photograph of Wade's knee yesterday than his Finals fail.

We haven't heard anything from Bosh yet, and I'd imagine the Heat FO faxed him a max contract before noon today.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Gasol, Ariza, and almost every non-superstar FA still in play?

And then there's also this guy pulling the strings behind the scene who has kind of a Gordon Gecko like appearance....

It ain't over. It's just a fresh start.

DaSeba5
07-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Why so negative? They play in the East for god's sake. Are we really writing off Wade as an impact player because of the FIRST time in his career he failed to come through in a a high stakes do-or-die situation?

I'm more concerned about the photograph of Wade's knee yesterday than his Finals fail.

We haven't heard anything from Bosh yet, and I'd imagine the Heat FO faxed him a max contract before noon today.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Gasol, Ariza, and almost every non-superstar FA still in play?

It ain't over. It's just a fresh start.

I'm a bit irrational right now. I'll be fine soon.

GimmeThat
07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
I think Monroe is as difficult to get as Melo
same way with how Utah may match the Hayward offer

I'd probably offer Bosh 18-20. which is close to max.

15-16 maybe scaled up to 17 for Wade.

Granger/McRoberts are good pieces.

The key here probably comes down to whether or not the Heat should match Bosh's max if another team offers, meaning he isn't willing to take the pay cut.

I probably wouldn't.

There are still FA out there, but I think a little discount would be appreciated.

AnaheimLakers24
07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
look at these fgts lololol

InfiniteBaskets
07-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Since we don't really have picks, no need to tank. I'd say overpay young talent for now and have aware step into the veteran mentor role.

Let Bosh go. Use the $45m or so in salary to sign a slew of young role players with all-star potential like Stephenson, Monroe, Thomas, Bledsoe. Spo is still a good defensive coach and his system needs athletic perimeter defenders. Guys like above are necessary not battier, ray, miller.

Brokenbeat
07-11-2014, 01:56 PM
What Heat fans?

Dan Shuftan @StateStSports
The Heat twitter account has lost over 300,000 followers today. That my friends is fair-weather

:facepalm

S13M
07-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Not necessarily, Cavs have our pick next year.

It's top-10 protected in '15 and '16.

jrong
07-11-2014, 02:01 PM
The key here probably comes down to whether or not the Heat should match Bosh's max if another team offers.

YES! They absolutely have to give Bosh the max now.

If the Heat don't at least look like they're trying to remain in contention, they could lose Wade too, which would psychologically and financially destroy them. He's not going to play his last few years for a team that's not even trying to compete.

Whatever he's worth on the court, if they can't at least put his name on the marquee, forget 2008, in financial terms, they'll be the expansion Heat again.

Bird
07-11-2014, 02:15 PM
http://www.chicagonow.com/bullsville/files/2014/05/nba-draft-lottery1.jpg

MostHated305
07-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Since we don't really have picks, no need to tank. I'd say overpay young talent for now and have aware step into the veteran mentor role.

Let Bosh go. Use the $45m or so in salary to sign a slew of young role players with all-star potential like Stephenson, Monroe, Thomas, Bledsoe. Spo is still a good defensive coach and his system needs athletic perimeter defenders. Guys like above are necessary not battier, ray, miller.

Agreed. No tanking needed. after all, we're still in the east.

We can compete with good role players like San Antonio did.

We won't win a champinship but we can still be decent.

OnFire
07-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Give Wade his money and just try to play this out. I don't really see the point of long term deals. Next year's free agent class is pretty nice so maybe try to sign someone then. This is going to be a LOOOOOONG year.

They aren't gonna punish us like 07/08 are they? damn... Honestly I agree give wade back his 20 mil per, 2 years, ride it out.

Looks like we went from Plan A to Plan Lakers.

VengefulAngel
07-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Ennis will be a stud. Keep the lineup young.

Flash31
07-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Well the Heat have 20 mill more in cap space now
that LeBron left so

sign Wade&Bosh
either go for Melo or other good players that can contribute

Add an above avg C,Fill out the SF position
and go back to playing Heat BBall and not small ball with the team catering to LeBron

Wade can go back to being the 1st/2nd option and having the ball in his hands and creating for the team

If Bosh is back,he can be utilized to his strengths more and be a main focus of the teams gameplan

NugzFan
07-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Just glad we won't have to read obnoxious posts by heat fans anymore.

Deltron3030
07-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Why can't the heat get Melo and Bosh? Not a heat fan but don't see why that isn't an option.

CelticBaller
07-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Burn

OnFire
07-11-2014, 02:26 PM

Do we still have to listen to the butthurt Nuggets fans?

MostHated305
07-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Why can't the heat get Melo and Bosh? Not a heat fan but don't see why that isn't an option.

Bosh is going to Houston

Melo is not even considering Miami.

Although, I would kill for Melo.

Flash31
07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
The Heat can still compete for championships

People here forget that due to the bandwagon and hate that the Heat had decent to above avg rec with just Wade and scrubs with Spoelstra as coach
and they were a good defensive team

The Heat aren't going to tank
Next years fa class is good or they can land another all star and still be favs

It wouldnt make much sense to tank consideri g 4 Straight Finals to lottery would be an enormous drop

Now they could field a team to compete now or
tank for a year,sign everyone to short contracts
grab a good draft pick and then be in the hunt for the fa class
and back again

If theyre keeping Wade,don't think they would try to tank
especially after doing it once and in Wades prime no less after a championship run Itll be Twice they did that

Flash31
07-11-2014, 02:31 PM

Those were NOT Heat fans

And you'll still hear from them considering LeBron still plays only now with the addition of Cavs fans that post here as well

Now when the HEAT BEAT the CAVS itll be the funniest sht

EnoughSaid
07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Do we have our 2017 pick? In that case THON MAKER here we come. :lol

But forreal though we as Miami fans have had the privilege to witness one of the greatest runs in NBA History. At this point in time I just want D-Wade to get his money and maybe have Riley make some moves to stay a little bit relevant. It's just going to be so hard. Going from title favorite to irrelevant?

But whatever. Watching the league without really rooting for a team in the Playoffs will for sure be different.

aj1987
07-11-2014, 02:34 PM

But forreal though we as Miami fans have had the privilege to witness one of the greatest runs in NBA History. At this point in time I just want D-Wade to get his money and maybe have Riley make some moves to stay a little bit relevant. It's just going to be so hard. Going from title favorite to irrelevant?

But whatever. Watching the league without really rooting for a team in the Playoffs will for sure be different.
Miami's '15 and '16 1st round picks are top 10 protected.

MostHated305
07-11-2014, 02:35 PM

We sucked for so many years before 2010 so for me feels like home being the underdaogs again.

#StriveForMediocrity

RoundMoundOfReb
07-11-2014, 02:36 PM
the Cavs

STATUTORY
07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
The Heat can still compete for championships

People here forget that due to the bandwagon and hate that the Heat had decent to above avg rec with just Wade and scrubs with Spoelstra as coach
and they were a good defensive team

The Heat aren't going to tank
Next years fa class is good or they can land another all star and still be favs

It wouldnt make much sense to tank consideri g 4 Straight Finals to lottery would be an enormous drop

Now they could field a team to compete now or
tank for a year,sign everyone to short contracts
grab a good draft pick and then be in the hunt for the fa class
and back again

If theyre keeping Wade,don't think they would try to tank
especially after doing it once and in Wades prime no less after a championship run Itll be Twice they did that

:roll: :roll: :roll:

oh LAWD

Ratnik
07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/Roxy3giraffe/Screenshot_2014-03-12-10-05-53_zpsls1nbxli.jpg

This is whats next for you

OnFire
07-11-2014, 02:41 PM

I'd like to keep Bosh, and get stevenson maybe someone like that instead of Melo.

The only reason people are hugging Kevin Love is because he stat whored on a terrible garbage team. I'll take Bosh > Love any day.

Sadly looking like i will get neither but we'll see what happens. Everyone is replaceable. We replaced Zo, we replaced Shaq, we sort of replaced wade with LeBron....

NEXT!

jrong
07-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Bosh is going to Houston

Melo is not even considering Miami.

Although, I would kill for Melo.

I'm extremely hesitant on that. Unlike LeBron, Melo is not a 6'8" Wade. It's oversimplified to say Wade is/was a 6'4" James, but essentially they're both scoring PGs.

Melo isn't. He's simply a scorer. So would he be content to lead the team in points but play off Wade? Or would he ball-stop and chuck? His track record in that department isn't good, but then again, he's never had the chance to team with a playmaker like Wade.

And even more importantly, could he learn to play defense? That's the area where LeBron will be missed the most. He's a great, albeit overrated, defender and that's a hole at the 3-spot that will be hard to plug.

OnFire
07-11-2014, 02:44 PM
We sucked for so many years before 2010 so for me feels like home being the underdaogs again.

#StriveForMediocrity

lol Huh? Ok guys now I understand why you make fun of some of us Heat fans.. we sucked for so many years before 2010 that we had a title in 2006.. Had great teams in 97-99 but kept choking in round 1 to the damn knicks.

LongLiveTheKing
07-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Hopefully Bosh stays.
Wade + Bosh and some other pieces will still be good in the east.

ShackEelOKneel
07-11-2014, 02:46 PM
At least you picked up Granger to replace LeBron.

jrong
07-11-2014, 02:47 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/Roxy3giraffe/Screenshot_2014-03-12-10-05-53_zpsls1nbxli.jpg

As you can see, fans here aren't exactly curling up into the fetal position. The only ones who are that invested in LeBron aren't Heat fans anymore.

OnFire
07-11-2014, 02:49 PM

This is what Clevelanders do as witnessed by letters and fans burning Jerseys... I don't expect to see a LeBron james jersey bonfire anytime driving around south florida today.

BasedTom
07-11-2014, 02:50 PM
The east is still shit, so the playoffs are still very likely.

NugzFan
07-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Do we still have to listen to the butthurt Nuggets fans?

If any existed then probably.

But there are none on this board.