PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins future off to a great start!

LBJFTW
07-11-2014, 08:37 PM
So many failed attempts at being GOAT.......

Kobe
Bron
Durant

With Wiggins about to play run and gun ball with Bron and Kyrie (and quite possibly Allen and Love), he's got the best shot right out of the gate at surpassing Jordan. None of the other players above has this opportunity coming out of the gate.

Finally someone for these kids to legitimately be a fan of instead of being fans of lesser men who have been proclaimed to be the next GOAT only to have FAILED, all while their stans get exposed in every argument against Jordan, wishing that they had been able to witness such greatness.

red1
07-11-2014, 08:39 PM
this thread is too much

LBJFTW
07-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Assuming Cavs are going to be:

Bron
Wiggins
Love
Kyrie
AV
whoever

How is this not a good start for wiggins?

Marchesk
07-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Bennett is the next Bill Russell.

Cavs should trade him straight up for Love, then trade Wiggins straight up for Perkins.

LBJFTW
07-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Midnight bump.

veilside23
07-12-2014, 02:40 AM
so anyone else thinks that wiggins wont be good enough in this league ??? i would understand doubters is still a possibility but there are wiggins haters here ...

RedBlackAttack
07-12-2014, 02:46 AM
so anyone else thinks that wiggins wont be good enough in this league ??? i would understand doubters is still a possibility but there are wiggins haters here ...
Tonight's first SL game looked pretty damn promising. His step-back jumper is lethal, his defense looked excellent, he doesn't need the ball in his hands to impact the game and his transition game is going to be phenomenal with the great passers on this team.

The possibilities for run-outs with Kevin Love rebounding and outletting to Kyrie Irving, LeBron James and Andrew Wiggins has to be downright scary. People expected the Heat to really get out and run with the Big Three. This team really will.

dreamwarrior
07-12-2014, 02:47 AM
He's gonna get manhandled, but if he can bulk up watch out. You rarely see this combination of athleticism and finesse. Guys like VC and Tmac were athletic but in a violent way and their primes were cut short the same way. This kid is going to keep his talents for a long time.

davehos
07-12-2014, 02:48 AM
this thread is too much

... but this is the the second post?

miggyme1
07-12-2014, 02:52 AM
So many failed attempts at being GOAT.......

Kobe
Bron
Durant

With Wiggins about to play run and gun ball with Bron and Kyrie (and quite possibly Allen and Love), he's got the best shot right out of the gate at surpassing Jordan. None of the other players above has this opportunity coming out of the gate.

Finally someone for these kids to legitimately be a fan of instead of being fans of lesser men who have been proclaimed to be the next GOAT only to have FAILED, all while their stans get exposed in every argument against Jordan, wishing that they had been able to witness such greatness.

wtf? how will playing with kyrie,bron, and love gonna possibly make him the goat??? i dont see the logic in this....

what if wiggins gets 9 rings but never averages over 15ppg and 4 apg...does that still make him the goat?

what if he becomes a nba journeyman but manages to snag 7 rings......will that make him the goat?

dude HAS to play at an EXTREMELY high level for a VERY long period of time to even be considered....and before we start talkin about the goat....dude has to pass his contemporaries first...yea jabari and them....which i dont think he will.

Angel Face
07-12-2014, 03:01 AM
Realistically, playing along side Lebron in his 1st year would hurt his legacy. He just handed the ROY award to Jabari. His rookie stats won't look good. It would be 3 - 4 years before we can see what he is truly capable of doing. Well unless he would be the focal point of the Cavs, which I doubt. Lebron > Kyrie > Wiggins. Dude's gonna be 3rd option for years to come.

Jabari "could" have a better career than Wiggins. stats, awards, etc...

kennethgriffin
07-12-2014, 03:11 AM
kobe has a better chance at being goat than durant/wiggins/bron or anyone else

he's way closer to the finish line

KingPush
07-12-2014, 03:13 AM
Tonight's first SL game looked pretty damn promising. His step-back jumper is lethal, his defense looked excellent, he doesn't need the ball in his hands to impact the game and his transition game is going to be phenomenal with the great passers on this team.

The possibilities for run-outs with Kevin Love rebounding and outletting to Kyrie Irving, LeBron James and Andrew Wiggins has to be downright scary. People expected the Heat to really get out and run with the Big Three. This team really will.
so Love is really coming to cleveland?

Spaulding
07-12-2014, 03:14 AM
Realistically, playing along side Lebron in his 1st year would hurt his legacy. He just handed the ROY award to Jabari. His rookie stats won't look good. It would be 3 - 4 years before we can see what he is truly capable of doing. Well unless he would be the focal point of the Cavs, which I doubt. Lebron > Kyrie > Wiggins. Dude's gonna be 3rd option for years to come.

Jabari "could" have a better career than Wiggins. stats, awards, etc...

You act like Wiggins had a choice in this matter. But, Embiid will get ROY :applause:

JohnMax
07-12-2014, 03:15 AM
kobe has a better chance at being goat than durant/wiggins/bron or anyone else

he's way closer to the finish line

Kobe does not have the stats

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 03:19 AM
he should work on his ball handling as well as the ability to create on his own.

because he's going to be utilized a lot off the ball.

obviously, if he can shoot the 3 it helps
the next Shawn Marion!!!

apparently I'm still not off that train huh

RedBlackAttack
07-12-2014, 03:24 AM
so Love is really coming to cleveland?
No, I have no idea if that is going to happen or not. If it would include moving Wiggins, I'm against it... much prefer to just wait a year and either move salaries to sign him in FA or do a S&T at that point.

But, others in the thread were talking about Wiggins potentially starting his career next to James, Irving and Love so I thought I would chime in. They'd be lethal in transition. James and Irving are already two of the best transition finishers in the NBA, Wiggins will almost surely be another, and Love is maybe the best big in the NBA at starting a break off of rebounds/outlets.

KingPush
07-12-2014, 03:25 AM
No, I have no idea if that is going to happen or not. If it would include moving Wiggins, I'm against it... much prefer to just wait a year and either move salaries to sign him in FA or do a S&T at that point.

But, others in the thread were talking about Wiggins potentially starting his career next to James, Irving and Love so I thought I would chime in. They'd be lethal in transition. James and Irving are already two of the best transition finishers in the NBA, Wiggins will almost surely be another, and Love is maybe the best big in the NBA at starting a break off of rebounds/outlets.
Do you care if the cavs would give up Bennet, Waiters, and thompson for Love?