PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Offer Pau Gasol 11m a Year

atljonesbro
07-11-2014, 09:32 PM
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fhawksqua wk.net%2Fcommunity%2Ftopic%2F396093-hawks-offering-pau-gasol-11-million-a-year%2F&tw_i=487757603716358144&tw_p=tweetembed

Atlanta making aggressive, late pitch for Pau Gasol, league sources tell Yahoo. $11M-plus a year, sources say. Gasol likely passes on offer.

He'd be a great fit in the A. They'd be contenders in the East with him

AnaheimLakers24
07-11-2014, 09:38 PM
atl sucks as a city. poor mans houston

Hotlantadude81
07-11-2014, 09:41 PM
The Hawks suck. Ferry is going to strike out this year.

Let's see... He has targeted:

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Luol Deng
Lebron -- Tried to get a meeting with his agent and failed
Melo--- See above.
Pau Gasol -- He is going to turn them down

But he was lucky to get Millsap and the fans try to pretend that Ferry is a success.:oldlol:

Biggest failure of a franchise in the NBA.

atljonesbro
07-11-2014, 09:43 PM

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Luol Deng
Melo--- See above.

But he was lucky to get Millsap and the fans try to pretend that Ferry is a success.:oldlol:

Yet I bet you have the utmost respect for the Bulls who's entire history is based purely off luck lmao. Their front office is worse than ours.

tontoz
07-11-2014, 09:44 PM
They have Horford and Milsap. Gasol isn't a natural C so i don't get it.

longtime lurker
07-11-2014, 10:08 PM

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Luol Deng
Melo--- See above.

The hilarious part is that they could have just drafted 2 of those guys.

tontoz
07-11-2014, 10:25 PM
The hilarious part is that they could have just drafted 2 of those guys.

Actually 3. The traded the 3rd pick (Gasol) for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Meticode
07-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Don't do it Pau. Take less money, go to San Antonio, make something beautiful to watch.

longtime lurker
07-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Actually 3. The traded the 3rd pick (Gasol) for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

I was thinking Gasol and Chris Paul. Who's the 3rd then?

qrich
07-11-2014, 10:28 PM
They have Horford and Milsap. Gasol isn't a natural C so i don't get it.

Horford has been playing out of position at the C for a while, and with Gasol's length, I can see them working out solid.

This is a good move by the Hawks, if you were to ask me. Gasol's passing ability for a big man will be perfect with Al/Millsap up front, though, they need to acquire a defensive big man, or a Reggie Evans utility type.

Legends66NBA7
07-11-2014, 10:30 PM
I was thinking Gasol and Chris Paul. Who's the 3rd then?

Luol Deng went 7th overall in 2004. Hawks had the 6th selection and picked Josh Childress. They also missed out on Andre Iguodala (he went 9th) too, where Toronto's then idiotic GM picked Rafeal Aruajo over.

:facepalm

Thunderfan86
07-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Don't do it Pau. Take less money, go to San Antonio, make something beautiful to watch.
You're never gonna stop with this are you?

Trentknicks
07-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Yet I bet you have the utmost respect for the Bulls who's entire history is based purely off luck lmao. Their front office is worse than ours.
Except they also drafted Pippen and brought Rodman on board, still better than the Hawks bud. But go on, attack the Knicks in your response seeing that was the topic for discussion.

qrich
07-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Luol Deng went 7th overall in 2004. Hawks had the 6th selection and picked Josh Childress. They also missed out on Andre Iguodala (he went 9th) too, where Toronto's then idiotic GM picked Rafeal Aruajo over.

JChill wasn't a horrible pick at the time though. Dude was real fluid at Stanford.

Just didn't translate well, at all.

atljonesbro
07-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Except they also drafted Pippen and brought Rodman on board, still better than the Hawks bud. But go on, attack the Knicks in your response seeing that was the topic for discussion.
From what I heard the Pippen choice was a big reach pick and Rodman isn't ever coming to Chicago in a million years if the Blazers don't make the biggest draft blunder of all time

The Hawks also got Dominque Wilkins and signed guys like Moses Malone and Mutombo.

Legends66NBA7
07-11-2014, 10:43 PM

That dumbass also said the same thing in another thread.

It's funny he fan of the Hawks of all teams would "lmao" over any team being lucky, when the lone title that was ever won in St.Louis came when Bill Russell injured his foot in Game 3 of those Finals and couldn't play the final 3 games of that series. That would be the only time the Bill Russell Celtics would ever lose a Finals series in 12 attempts.

With all do respect to Bob Pettit (who played great in those Finals) and the rest of the St. Louis Hawks, if people like to give teams asterisks to NBA titles, that would be a perfect choice. That title was basically luck of all lucks (a fluke ? Hawks made 2 Finals after but never won the title again and haven't even won 2 rounds in the same year ever again) for the best player on the team not even playing the finals 3 (really 4) games.

No Hawk fans deserves to mock another franchise based on luck.

Rubio2Gasol
07-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Spurs of the East :lol

Meticode
07-11-2014, 10:46 PM
You're never gonna stop with this are you?
No. I personally feel it fits that team perfectly at his age and it gives him the best chance of winning a championship right now.

I think he would do well on the Thunder, very well, but I think he'd fit better in Pop's system and him and Duncan could give each other rest and he could have a more limited role versus the Thunder depending on him a little more.

atljonesbro
07-11-2014, 10:46 PM
That dumbass also said the same thing in another thread.

It's funny he fan of the Hawks of all teams would "lmao" over any team being lucky, when the lone title that was ever won in St.Louis came when Bill Russell injured his foot in Game 3 of those Finals and couldn't play the final 3 games of that series. That would be the only time the Bill Russell Celtics would ever lose a Finals series in 12 attempts.

With all do respect to Bob Pettit (who played great in those Finals) and the rest of the St. Louis Hawks, if people like to give teams asterisks to NBA titles, that would be a perfect choice. That title was basically luck of all lucks (a fluke ? Hawks made 2 Finals after but never won the title again and haven't even won 2 rounds in the same year ever again) for the best player on the team not even playing the finals 3 (really 4) games.

No Hawk fans deserves to mock another franchise based on luck.
Lol you're so salty you've started a personal vendetta against the Hawks just because of me. Pretty weird if you ask me. Never let an individual make me dislike a team.

longtime lurker
07-11-2014, 10:47 PM

Okay very true. My God that Arujuo over Iguodala has to be one of the worst draft mistakes ever made all time.

Legends66NBA7
07-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Lol you're so salty you've started a personal vendetta against the Hawks just because of me. Pretty weird if you ask me.

In this case if you didn't say stupid shit (with agenda) and disrespected one of the best franchises in NBA history, I wouldn't have to respond.

And the Hawks ? Everyone on ISH will agree with me their the GOAT treadmill franchise. Everyone on ISH will agree with me that the Hawks aren't landing a key free agent because of your track record. Shit, even some of your fans say the same thing. I've said that the Hawks are one of the worst and most disappointing franchises a numbers of times on here, even before you joined.

Never let an individual make me dislike a team.

I don't even know what that means.

Johnny Jones
07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Why? Wasn't Milsap/Horford a great combination last season? I don't get this move.

Legends66NBA7
07-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Okay very true. My God that Arujuo over Iguodala has to be one of the worst draft mistakes ever made all time.

And Masai drafted Bruno Caboclo, 10 years after we drafted Aruajo.

:oldlol:

Crazy coincidence that their both Brazilians and played on the same team. But I think Bruno will turn out better. He played really well today vs the Lakers in summer league.

atljonesbro
07-11-2014, 10:56 PM
In this case if you didn't say stupid shit (with agenda) and disrespected one of the best franchises in NBA history, I wouldn't have to respond.

And the Hawks ? Everyone on ISH will agree with me their the GOAT treadmill franchise. Everyone on ISH will agree with me that the Hawks aren't landing a key free agent because of your track record. Shit, even some of your fans say the same thing. I've said that the Hawks are one of the worst and most disappointing franchises a numbers of times on here, even before you joined.

I don't even know what that means.
The Raptors are on the same course though. Especially with all their players leaving.

Hotlantadude81
07-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Why? Wasn't Milsap/Horford a great combination last season? I don't get this move.

That undersized front court will never win anything.

Legends66NBA7
07-11-2014, 11:04 PM
The Raptors are on the same course though.

Sadly, they are. Most, if not all Raptor fans, recognize this (off course, there is belief that they can be great teams assembled here) and bash the franchise because of it. Media outlets in Toronto saying this could be a fad and nobody would take it seriously pre-2014 playoffs. Nobody here (seriously) believes LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, etc... are realistically coming to Toronto to sign because it fits their style. It takes more than just fit and system.

They had dumbasses running the front office from Isiah to Babcock to Bryan. Masai has done a better job and you would figure he's trying his best, where his predecessors went wrong. He's got 4 more years to see what he can do with this team and I can say I like the direction, so far.

Especially with all their players leaving.

All our key FA's resigned this off season (Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson, and Greivis Vasquez). They have a 3 year window to show they can improve as a unit or blow it up.

BlazerRed
07-11-2014, 11:13 PM

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Luol Deng
Melo--- See above.

Definitely up there. I constantly forget Atlanta exist.

Hotlantadude81
07-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Definitely up there. I constantly forget Atlanta exist.

So does most of the players. What do you think the agent for Lebron said when Ferry called him up and tried to arrange a meeting?:roll: