PDA

View Full Version : The last game LeBron played for Cleveland

Hey Yo
07-11-2014, 11:40 PM
was 2010 game 6 playoff against Boston.

27pts, 19 boards, 10 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, 9 TO's for the loss.

yet haters said he quit. Wouldn't be surprised if he put up those offense numbers his first game back.

LBJFTW
07-11-2014, 11:42 PM

yet haters said he quit. Wouldn't be surprised if he put up those offense numbers his first game back.

Watch the full game, then report back. I know it's hard to comprehend based on the stats, but just go back and watch the full game.

Legends66NBA7
07-11-2014, 11:46 PM
I think the whole quit thing came in Game 5.

On game 6, those stats are misleading. I watched that game and I didn't think he dominated whatsoever.

Warfan
07-11-2014, 11:47 PM
He kinda seemed like he checked himself out mentally in those last 2 games (like the last few minutes of game 6). Not saying he quit, but game 5 was just horrible. Maybe he just thought there was nothing he could do :confusedshrug:Or he knew he was heading somewhere else anyway...

CavaliersFTW
07-11-2014, 11:49 PM
I was at that game

*EDIT* nvm no i wasn't... i was at his last HOME game as a Cavalier, G5 I think?

LBJFTW
07-11-2014, 11:50 PM
I honestly think there was some locker room talk in game 5 and 6 when he made the decision at certain points in the game to just flat out not try. I have never seen a player of his caliber perform the way he did in those moments of those games. I guess my perspective is just different after watching Jordan dominate all those years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-Mnfz6iB0

Meticode
07-11-2014, 11:51 PM

Watch the full game. If you watch it, it's like he mentally checks himself out of it sometimes as if he's already thinking about leaving. It's the eliminating game and you're at the end.

It was hard to watch that game, and to watch the eliminating game in Orlando the previous year.

Hey Yo
07-11-2014, 11:54 PM
I think the whole quit thing came in Game 5.

On game 6, those stats are misleading. I watched that game and I didn't think he dominated whatsoever.
Cavs were down by 9 going into the 4th. Not like James was putting up garbage numbers.

LBJFTW
07-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Watch the full game. If you watch it, it's like he mentally checks himself out of it sometimes as if he's already thinking about leaving. It's the eliminating game and you're at the end.

It was hard to watch that game, and to watch the eliminating game in Orlando the previous year.

Don't think it won't happen again. If he checked out with 100% support behind him last time.......

LBJ4MVP23
07-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Checked out like Kobe vs the suns in game 7? Or Jordan vs the pistons an his 2 second half points?

Idiots can never do research, just eye test and selective memory. More books less pot.

Meticode
07-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Yep.

ThePhantomCreep
07-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Game 6 was a vintage "not as dominant as the stats would indicate" performance from James, but the real quit job came in game 5. He flat out didn't want to be out there.

I think the fact that the Celtics refused to go away quietly in game 4 (Cavs were heavy favorites going into the series) broke LeBron's faith in his team. He wanted out, and it was fairly obvious.

SyRyanYang
07-12-2014, 02:01 AM
LeEmptystats:bowdown:

dreamwarrior
07-12-2014, 02:14 AM
I saw him actually try in game 5. His shot just wasn't going down. Even his FTs weren't going down. When he "quit" the game was already out of reach. In g6 though he played no D. He just stayed near the basket waiting for rebounds.

dubeta
07-12-2014, 02:19 AM
LeBrons quit games are better than most stars all time games

Stringer Bell
07-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Well the next year, he disappeared in the 4th quarters of the finals. He just wasn't mentally there.

I wonder if the last 3 games, especially game 5, against Boston in 2010 was similar. Not quitting, but just being mentally fatigued, or weak, whatever you want to call it.

I figured he'd leave Cleveland after the way he ripped off his jersey after game 6

ArbitraryWater
07-12-2014, 08:46 AM
I DO think LeBron "quit" in that game 5 at home, he did it... No denying. Like Jordan or Kobe, they were passive, passed and kind of made a Point on this being what they're surrounded with. Although I think the Agenda behind LeBron's Play was a different one.

This guy was on some historic stuff throughout the entire last 2 seasons, 2009 regular season / 2009 Playoffs / 2010 regular season / 2010 Playoffs... And then to fall apart those last 3 games, totally out of the blue, shooting in the 30's% every game? That didn't happen by accident.

I don't believe he quit in game 4 or game 6, Celtics were good enough to win without him quitting, and he knew that...

But to join Wade in Miami was definitely in the back of his mind, and to do that, is easier by not winning a title... Gives you a reason. Game 5 was the game he picked to turn the series against them. Sure, he tried in game 6, why not, but he knew it most likely wouldn't be enough, anymore.

That game 5 was the one he played so incredibly passive and lethargic in. That's all it took, and bam, they lost and he was gone...